Okay, I fixed it. In the "Heels Sound.esm", there is a section called "Impact Data Set". Inside there, you'll find a set called "AngelFSTRunHeelsLImpactSet", which is the impact set for the Left foot, when running. Inside this set, you'll find a list of all the footstep material types, (gravel, dirt, glass, etc..) and what "Impact" they're associated with. Well I scrolled down to "MaterialGravel", and lo and behold... it was set to dirt, not gravel. So my left foot wasn't truly silent, it just was using the dirt impact sound instead of the gravel. 

I'm willing to bet that if my ESM was set improperly this way, then either one of my other mods somehow changed the ESM itself (unlikely)... or ALL of yours have the same problem. 

51 minutes ago, ahill93 said:

I'm willing to bet that if my ESM was set improperly this way, then either one of my other mods somehow changed the ESM itself (unlikely)... or ALL of yours have the same problem. 

You are not alone, and actually this is not the only 1 error I found so far.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, ahill93 said:

Okay, I fixed it. In the "Heels Sound.esm", there is a section called "Impact Data Set". Inside there, you'll find a set called "AngelFSTRunHeelsLImpactSet", which is the impact set for the Left foot, when running. Inside this set, you'll find a list of all the footstep material types, (gravel, dirt, glass, etc..) and what "Impact" they're associated with. Well I scrolled down to "MaterialGravel", and lo and behold... it was set to dirt, not gravel. So my left foot wasn't truly silent, it just was using the dirt impact sound instead of the gravel. 

Wow. Edited mine just now. You were right, except it was set to grass, not dirt. Same effect, though- silent footstep. Thank you!

To help those who are making the same edit, the FormID you want to replace the grass impact set with is 10044ec. I'm mentioning it because the various sounds and impact sets are in FormID order, making it rather difficult to find "AngelFSTGravelRunLImpact" without re-sorting the display by EditorID.

Here is what it looks like AFTER you have edited it:

HeelsSoundEdit.png.662c38456f2d2864f834cee6de7a8f77.png

So thanks again for finding this.

2 hours ago, ahill93 said:
9 hours ago, full_inu said:

You are not alone, and actually this is not the only 1 error I found so far.

Yeah, definitely not. I already found another improper reference. 

What other errors have you guys found??

On 10/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, Vyxenne said:

EDIT: I just downloaded your "step fix" file but it doesn't say what it fixes- could you please tell us what it does and whether or not the hkx files have been converted to SSE spec??

So Dragonfly walk and sprint animations were missing footstep sound triggers. The "step fix" fixes the animations with missing code lines. Don't ask how I did it cause I cant remember its been so long. As for SSE I do not believe so, seeing as I made this before SSE came out and I still use LE.

17 hours ago, ahill93 said:

Well I know I found at least one other but... now that I've edited and saved the esm... I don't remember what it was. Lol maybe full_inu remembers!

I don't care about fixing ESM records right now, because I'm busy with my own works, so I'll pass on that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:15 PM, SwZ said:

Hi, i am using the SSE 1.5 Version of this Mod with FNIS Sexy Move 7.2 SE. All works fine except for:

- without the 360 Style, Animations 2 and 3 have no footstep or heel sounds for walking.
- with the 360 Style, Animations 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 have no footstep or heel sounds both for walking and running.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Ive read the comments on FNIS SM, some ppl having the very same problem, but got either no answer or i somehow missed it.

Would the Step_fix.rar help in my case? If so, would someone be so kind and tell me how to aplly it?

Upon researching this I stumbled on this ancient reply. Same problem still exists. I'm tempted to just not use FNISSexyMove unless someone else has solutions. I don't know where the animation triggers for sound are that it is referencing that might not be set correctly. First person sound works, third person sound does not.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:55 PM, Vyxenne said:

What other errors have you guys found??

Someone who's found various errors could just upload their .esm, and then it would be simple to look for changes.  But since nobody has stepped up, I've just now looked through the entries, and here's what I found (including ahill93's catch above):

MaterialHeavyMetal [MATT:00012F3B] and MaterialSolidMetal [MATT:00012F3C]  both use "dirt" sounds - why?  This is true for running and walking.  For sneaking, they use "grass"!  Seems odd, but maybe it sounds best in practice?

In AngelFSTRunHeelsLImpactSet [IPDS:0100450D]

MaterialHeavyStone [MATT:00012F36] should use AngelFSTStoneRunLImpact [IPCT:010044F5]

MaterialGravel [MATT:0001C151] should use AngelFSTGravelRunLImpact [IPCT:010044EC]     (ahill93's catch)

Running, right foot:

MaterialWater [MATT:00012F40] uses left foot, switch that.

In AngelHeelsFootstepJumpDownImpact [IPDS:0100450F], Carpet and WaterPuddle both use stone, but I suppose for "jumping down" that's OK?  There are no specific sounds for jumping down to these materials.  This is also true for jumping up.

In AngelFSTSprintHeelsLImpactSet [IPDS:01004513],

MaterialStairsWood [MATT:0002EE2D] uses AngelFSTWoodSprintLImpact [IPCT:01004507], but stone stairs, and both right-foot impacts, use the sound for walking on stairs rather than sprinting.  This is an odd inconsistency, but perhaps it sounds better?  It should probably use AngelFSTWoodStairsLImpact [IPCT:01004509]

In AngelFSTSprintHeelsRImpactSet [IPDS:01004514]

MaterialHeavyStone [MATT:00012F36] should use AngelFSTStoneSprintRImpact [IPCT:010044FB]

1 hour ago, legraf said:

Someone who's found various errors could just upload their .esm, and then it would be simple to look for changes.  But since nobody has stepped up, I've just now looked through the entries, and here's what I found (including ahill93's catch above):

Hi Legraf,

could you upload these to your tweaks?

On 12/25/2019 at 1:34 AM, monsta88 said:

could you upload these to your tweaks?

I should have included the .esm at least, shouldn't I?  The reason I hesitated is because I haven't actually tested any of these in my game.  I just installed Heels Sound to edit it in TESVEdit, then uninstalled again (I plan to add Heels Sound in my next playthrough).  Still, here I've attached the modified .esm with all of the above highlighted changes (all the "should" and "switch" types).  I left alone those things I wasn't sure about, since everyone here knows more than me about what sounds good and what doesn't.

I would guess this .esm can just overwrite the old one mid-game (you may need to remove & re-add boots/shoes to update the effect, I don't know).  Merry Christmas, everyone, be good to each other.

Heels Sound.7z

Edit: I really should have said, this was made using LE.  I don't have SE, so can't say anything about that.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Can someone help me out trying to find the plug in for deserter x collection se armor. I can't seem to find it. Is there some other direction I must take to add the heel sound for this?

I have no idea which plugin you might be looking for, but I'm betting you're off on a wild goose chase. All you need to add Heels Sound to your shoes or boots is

• the armor mod with the high heels in it
  • the Heels Sound mod (this mod)
  • SSE-Edit (or the CK but it takes a lot longer in the CK due to the long loading times)

I have several of the DeserterX armor mods- my faves are Celes Nigthingale and Gwelda Red Riding Hood, and I have added Heels Sound to both.

Also, while it's not necessary for the Sound, you should have a High Heels Offset engine- Racemenu High Heels (aka NiOverride or NiO.) There is also hdtSSEHighHeels, but it's resource-hungry and nobody is updating it any more AFAIK, so using NiO is a better idea. Without a high heels offset system, your toes will always be below ground level when you're wearing heels. Many heels, including ports from Oldrim, already have either the hdt system or the NiO system, now known as Racemenu High Heels for SSE.

I posted a mini-guide on how to add the sounds to your heels earlier in this thread.

On 3/31/2019 at 2:28 AM, Vyxenne said:

Well, I'm flabbergasted- I have an Oldrim mod that was converted to SSE, with one pair of heels in it- but there is NO SNDD BLOCK IN THE AA! Yes, I know where it's supposed to be, I have added Angel Footstep to every one of Newmiller's Heels in my SSE conversion of that mod on the Nexus, but as expected, they all had the SNDD block already there, with some vanilla squish-squish sound specified, so all I had to do was edit it and type in 1004527 (the FormID of the Angel Step footstep set when one mod + Heels Sound are open in SSEEdit.)

This is the first heels mod I have ever seen that does not have the SNDD block/node/field in it at all, and I can't figure out how to get one in there! Any help? Thanks.

EDIT NEWS FLASH EDIT

I was able to add the Footstep Set directly in the CK - the Footstep block was set to NONE but Angel Step was available to select in the dropdown because I had already made Heels Sound a Master of it while I had it open in SSEEdit. When I saved in the CK and opened up the plugin in SSEEdit, sure enough, there was the SNDD Block, correctly populated with Angel Step. So while there might be a way to add the SNDD block in SSEEdit if it's missing, I was not able to find it, and Google wasn't either.

Hi -

I realize this comment was posted almost a year ago, but if you or someone is still around, hopefully you can be of some assistance.  I too am experiencing the problem where there is no SNDD block. 

I followed the instructions from the main page, added heel sounds as a master, went to Armor Addons > selected the boots/shoes I wanted to add/change the sounds to and the SNDD block is missing.  I went into the Creation Kit, but wasn't sure where to locate the part where you said the footstep block was set to none on the mod I am trying to edit.  

I also do not see an option where I can add the block via SSEEdit …  Thank you in advance!

57 minutes ago, hellodarliing said:

I also do not see an option where I can add the block via SSEEdit …  Thank you in advance!

This may not be helpful - I have LE so am using TES5Edit, not SSEdit.  Judging by screenshots they are nearly, but definitely not entirely, the same.  But just in case they look & act the same for this, a couple of ideas:

In SSEdit, when you have the heels open to show the various lines in the upper-right window (where you're looking for SNDD): if you right-click, you may have an option similar to "Hide no conflict and empty rows".  If this is checked, uncheck it.  If the options are different, the main thing is not to hide empty rows/blocks.

Is the SNDD block entirely missing, or is it greyed out?  If greyed out, you should be able to right-click to the right of it and choose "add" to create a new SNDD block.

Otherwise, sorry.  Someone with SSEdit will surely be along shortly.

13 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I have no idea which plugin you might be looking for, but I'm betting you're off on a wild goose chase. All you need to add Heels Sound to your shoes or boots is

• the armor mod with the high heels in it
  • the Heels Sound mod (this mod)
  • SSE-Edit (or the CK but it takes a lot longer in the CK due to the long loading times)

I have several of the DeserterX armor mods- my faves are Celes Nigthingale and Gwelda Red Riding Hood, and I have added Heels Sound to both.

Also, while it's not necessary for the Sound, you should have a High Heels Offset engine- Racemenu High Heels (aka NiOverride or NiO.) There is also hdtSSEHighHeels, but it's resource-hungry and nobody is updating it any more AFAIK, so using NiO is a better idea. Without a high heels offset system, your toes will always be below ground level when you're wearing heels. Many heels, including ports from Oldrim, already have either the hdt system or the NiO system, now known as Racemenu High Heels for SSE.

I posted a mini-guide on how to add the sounds to your heels earlier in this thread.

Thank you for the fast response .  I'm not having any problem adding the heels sound in SSE-Edit. I just cant find the armor mod in SSE-Edit.  It's a bundle mod of Deserter X armor's. So what I might try is individually down load the armors and see if maybe that will help.? Umm and I say maybe very loosely. 

4 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Thank you for the fast response .  I'm not having any problem adding the heels sound in SSE-Edit. I just cant find the armor mod in SSE-Edit.  It's a bundle mod of Deserter X armor's. So what I might try is individually down load the armors and see if maybe that will help.? Umm and I say maybe very loosely. 

Aha! Now I understand the problem- you're using the DX All-In-One plugin.

There is no need to d/l the individual armor mods. Here is how to get the info you need:

1. Go to the Legendary Armors - DeserterX Collection SSE Files page
  2. On the Main File, click the "Preview File Contents" link, which is right under the Download buttons
  3. Scroll down and up as required to find the ESP or ESM or ESL plugin file to learn the name of it

In this case, no scrolling is required- the  esp file is conveniently located right at the top- LADX_SSE.esp. This makes sense in retrospect, since the AIO mod is called Legendary Armors, it's by DeserterX, and it's for SSE. :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Aha! Now I understand the problem- you're using the DX All-In-One plugin.

There is no need to d/l the individual armor mods. Here is how to get the info you need:

1. Go to the Legendary Armors - DeserterX Collection SSE Files page
  2. On the Main File, click the "Preview File Contents" link, which is right under the Download buttons
  3. Scroll down and up as required to find the ESP or ESM or ESL plugin file to learn the name of it

In this case, no scrolling is required- the  esp file is conveniently located right at the top- LADX_SSE.esp. This makes sense in retrospect, since the AIO mod is called Legendary Armors, it's by DeserterX, and it's for SSE. :classic_biggrin:

Oh thank you for this!!  You made my life much easier .  Hugs to you are in order!  ?

On 1/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, legraf said:

This may not be helpful - I have LE so am using TES5Edit, not SSEdit.  Judging by screenshots they are nearly, but definitely not entirely, the same.  But just in case they look & act the same for this, a couple of ideas:

In SSEdit, when you have the heels open to show the various lines in the upper-right window (where you're looking for SNDD): if you right-click, you may have an option similar to "Hide no conflict and empty rows".  If this is checked, uncheck it.  If the options are different, the main thing is not to hide empty rows/blocks.

Is the SNDD block entirely missing, or is it greyed out?  If greyed out, you should be able to right-click to the right of it and choose "add" to create a new SNDD block.

Otherwise, sorry.  Someone with SSEdit will surely be along shortly.

That worked in SSEEdit as well!  Unchecking "Hide no conflict and empty rows" first and then right click Add in the empty box next to SNDD - Footstep Sound did the trick.  Thank you so much for your assistance. I really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

best heels sound mod if you ask me but i have 2 questions

1. can i change the heels sound for devious mods too or will that cause a problem? (only used it for other mods so far)

2. anyone know a heels sound mod with a more "metallic" heels sound? for shoes with steel heels

8 hours ago, polska said:

best heels sound mod if you ask me but i have 2 questions

1. can i change the heels sound for devious mods too or will that cause a problem? (only used it for other mods so far)

2. anyone know a heels sound mod with a more "metallic" heels sound? for shoes with steel heels

You can apply the AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet [FSTS:03004527] (that's the actual name of the Heels Sound FSTS) to any footwear, including sneakers and other flat-heeled shoes, and probably even bare feet- I have not actually tested bare feet because it would be absurd but there is no logical reason why it the Angel Step sounds could not be applied to them in the SNDD block, replacing the existing Barefoot FSTS.

So if DD contains footwear (I don't use DD so IDK) then you can apply Heels Sound to them.