5 hours ago, zax said:

Btw, would really like to see something like that released as standalone mod, I mean Heel Sound patch for some popular heels.

I published a version of my Newmiller Heels and Stockings SSE conversion with both HDT-HH and Heels Sound dependencies so that all of the heels would have both effects right out of the box.

21 hours ago, zax said:

I forgot all details, but if I remember correctly these lines might not be there at all. You need to find where they are exaclty in some working animation file, then paste them in the one you are fixing.

Btw, would really like to see something like that released as standalone mod, I mean Heel Sound patch for some popular heels.

Well i compared now NON sound walking files with two, wich have sound (walkbackwardleft and walkbackwardright) but i didn't see any difference in the lines, no extra lines, no different values. (Except a bunch of numbers in many, many lines standing there on their own). Seems like it's no use :frown:

But how would that mod look like? Just the edited .esp from the mods with Heel Sound set as Master?

Huh. I added this to some heels and I've got the strangest bug: the footsteps play while the character is standing still. When the character actually starts moving, the "ghost" footsteps stop (and the "proper" ones start playing), but sometimes only after a good while. Does anyone have a clue on what is happening?

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm not familiar with DDE but I'm in love with Heels Sound. So since I can't give you a comparison, I jumped in-game and made you a little Heels Sound demo, from which you can draw your own comparative conclusion. ?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, zax said:

Can someone port it to SE? All high heels systems (RaceMenu and HDT) are already here so it's the only thing missing.

It does not need porting- it is a bunch of wav files, nothing in it that needs conversion. Works in SSE right out of the box- I've been using it for almost a year in SSE. See my video a few posts above.

Because it is "best practice" and not because the Skyrim version didn't work in SSE, I converted the plugin file to SSE Form 44 format, which was some trouble since I had to espify it, resave it in the CK then re-esmify it. Here it is: Heels Sound.esm

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to install the mod but make it "not work"? I don't actually care about the heels sound, but a bunch of cool outfits I want requires this mod to work, so I was considering to get it... but I kinda wanted to not enable the sounds, cause I just wanna have the outfits (I can't get them cause the game crashes without this mod). Can I do that?

4 hours ago, Airisu said:

Is there a way to install the mod but make it "not work"? I don't actually care about the heels sound, but a bunch of cool outfits I want requires this mod to work, so I was considering to get it... but I kinda wanted to not enable the sounds, cause I just wanna have the outfits (I can't get them cause the game crashes without this mod). Can I do that?

Just install it- you won't have any sound from it unless/until you open your heels plugin in the CK or SSEEdit and edit the footstep set from whatever it is to FST Angel Footstep.

And just a personal opinion, but you should at least try it on one heels mod- once you do you'll never go back. :classic_biggrin: Here's a taste to whet your appetite:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am using the SSE 1.5 Version of this Mod with FNIS Sexy Move 7.2 SE. All works fine except for:

- without the 360 Style, Animations 2 and 3 have no footstep or heel sounds for walking.
- with the 360 Style, Animations 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 have no footstep or heel sounds both for walking and running.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Ive read the comments on FNIS SM, some ppl having the very same problem, but got either no answer or i somehow missed it.

Would the Step_fix.rar help in my case? If so, would someone be so kind and tell me how to aplly it?

On 11/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Bigboss1000 said:

how come you said right click on esp to add master but when i try it the box is blank 

there notting there 

That indicates that you do not have both plugins loaded. The plugin file you want to add as a master AND the plugin file you want to add the master TO must both be loaded in SSEEdit (at the same time) in order for the possible Masters list to populate itself.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, ThetHawk said:

I cant find the SNDD category in the sse edit, is it still in the armor section?

SNDD has never been "in the Armor section." It is all the way at the bottom of the Armor Addon of any shoes. You have to scroll down to see it.

All you have to do is

1. Add Heels Sound.esm as a master to your footwear mod (Right-click your heels esp >> Add Masters >> click Heels Sound.esm)

2. Look under Footstep Sets in Heels Sound.esm and note the FormID of Angel Step (probably 1004527), then just edit the SNDD data of your footwear's Armor Addon and enter the FormID (probably 1004527.) Repeat as required for any additional heels in the mod.

3. Quit SSEEdit and click OK to save your heels mod.

The whole thing takes 20 seconds per shoe set.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, lambient1988 said:

I have the heel sounds and armor ESM loaded but it's unable to find the ID linked to the sound file.

Doesn't even show up in the drop down list.

Getting the following error:

error.png

It looks like you haven't added Heels Sound.esm as a master file to your XXYoulanHH.esp. The esp shows up in bold letters for me when I do it. Right click XXYoulanHH.esp and go to 'add as master' to click on the heels sound.esm before you edit any other entries. This is the only thing I see from your screenie that looks wrong. I'm not a modder, I just struggle with them.

6 minutes ago, Ripstop said:

It looks like you haven't added Heels Sound.esm as a master file to your XXYoulanHH.esp. The esp shows up in bold letters for me when I do it. Right click XXYoulanHH.esp and go to 'add as master' to click on the heels sound.esm before you edit any other entries. This is the only thing I see from your screenie that looks wrong. I'm not a modder, I just struggle with them.

Oh thanks, I feel completely dumb now.

I completely missed out the third step when reading the instructions.

Apologies and thank you for your quick help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This mod taught me a lot about modding sound files and extracting BSA files. I wanted to overhaul the heel sounds a lot by removing the run and sprint heel sounds with the walk version, but with changes to each version to keep the sound consistent. I also replaced the whole snow sound set with vanilla barefoot sounds that matched with a heel better then what was in this mod. Also made me learn to use Audacity as well to tweak sounds more to my liking. I have a showcase of just one sound on left foot stone for walking running and sprinting to show what is different. 

Walk Run Sprint sound L 1 showcase.7z

Well, I'm flabbergasted- I have an Oldrim mod that was converted to SSE, with one pair of heels in it- but there is NO SNDD BLOCK IN THE AA! Yes, I know where it's supposed to be, I have added Angel Footstep to every one of Newmiller's Heels in my SSE conversion of that mod on the Nexus, but as expected, they all had the SNDD block already there, with some vanilla squish-squish sound specified, so all I had to do was edit it and type in 1004527 (the FormID of the Angel Step footstep set when one mod + Heels Sound are open in SSEEdit.)

This is the first heels mod I have ever seen that does not have the SNDD block/node/field in it at all, and I can't figure out how to get one in there! Any help? Thanks.

EDIT NEWS FLASH EDIT

I was able to add the Footstep Set directly in the CK - the Footstep block was set to NONE but Angel Step was available to select in the dropdown because I had already made Heels Sound a Master of it while I had it open in SSEEdit. When I saved in the CK and opened up the plugin in SSEEdit, sure enough, there was the SNDD Block, correctly populated with Angel Step. So while there might be a way to add the SNDD block in SSEEdit if it's missing, I was not able to find it, and Google wasn't either.

• 1 month later...