On 10/18/2022 at 7:45 AM, Sidereal Nineveh said:

Are you able to assist me please if you can?

Not sure what additional help you're looking for- especially in light of your manual file edits, which greatly diminish the ability of anyone here to help you. If you follow the instructions posted above in this thread, some of which are from me and others of which are from other users saying the same things in different ways, you will have Heels Sounds working. Manual file edits should not be necessary. I would suggest that you uninstall whatever Heels Sound files including your manually-edited plugin, and start over, installing the SE version via Vortex or MO2. Then run the Synthesis Patcher to enable the AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet on marked heels.

2 hours ago, M2xim said:

To be honest i don't know if any of these mods still work

I installed Heels Sound into my SSE 1.5.97+SKSE64 2.0.17 game using Vortex and manually edited some of my high heels plugins to use the AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet sound effects using SSEEdit and It Just Works™. Now with the new Synthesis Patcher posted above by @Tkc, manual edits should be only rarely necessary.

If your "still work" comment refers to the later game versions (1.6.xxx), yes, since this mod is not SKSE-aware or dependent and contains only Windows .wav-format audio files that couldn't care less what application invokes them, and a plugin that may or may not have been updated to Form Type 44 for SE, it should work just fine in any 64-bit version of Skyrim.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because the number of m's in "dimminish" needed to be diminished

The issue is that the heels sound only works when in first person AND sneaking/crouching, other times its like a 1% chance for the sound to play

What I did was in xEdit was adjust some of the impact data like for example gravel was set to dirt in some instances which I actually learnt from you or another person to do. However, I did uninstall all heels sfx and did a fresh reinstall for arguements sake however the sound still only plays when I crouch even with armor mods that have downloadable patches

Here is what I do to add the heels sound to my armor

1.Download

2. Open xEdit

3. Select heels.esm and and the armor mod

4. right click armor > Add masters >heelssfx.esm

5.go to armor addon and change footstep sound from FSTLightArmor to AngelFSTHeels

6. Ctrl + s deply and launch game

However it still persists that I only hear the sound when crouching.

Is this because of animation mods or Joy of perspective which lets me see my body in first person? If so how would I get around this

thanks

I am using this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62502

Edited by Sidereal Nineveh

I don't use JoP (I use IFPV) so I can't answer your question about it except to say that I tried JoP once and it interfered with several things (don't remember specifics, it's been years) so I switched to Enhanced Camera, and then to Immersive First Person View which I have used ever since.

There is nothing in this mod that would be person-view-specific (First or Third). Based on your symptom, which seems to be person-specific (third does not work but first does), I would immediately remove JoP (not just disable, delete it entirely) and test to see if that fixes it.

As for troubleshooting your "only works if I'm sneaking" issue, look at the data structures of this mod- you can see that there are folders for each environmental surface (grass/dirt/gravel/wood/stone), and each of those folders contains R and L folders containing movement-type (sneak/walk/run/sprint) sounds for each foot. For example, one of the 3 "walking on gravel" sound files for the right foot is Data\Sound\fx\fst\Heels Sound\gravel\r\fst_player_gravel_walk_04.wav. Note that it is a wav file- that means you can play it on a Windows machine just by double-clicking it.

So the first thing to do when troubleshooting your sneak/walk issue is to check each sound that is NOT working, making sure the folder for it exists and that the file(s) are actually in those folders, and that they sound like what their path structure indicates that they should sound like.

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I don't use JoP (I use IFPV) so I can't answer your question about it except to say that I tried JoP once and it interfered with several things (don't remember specifics, it's been years) so I switched to Enhanced Camera, and then to Immersive First Person View which I have used ever since.

I can't find any first camera outside jop that uses 1.6.4.0 and 2.2.3 skse ill just have to use nothing and see if it works

nope I forgot to delete something, lets see now

I'd like to make the sounds work with female only, is it possible? I do have CK and SSEEdit but lack knowledge on how to do it.

The real catch, I use 'BDs Armor and Clothes Replacer CBBE 3BA' and this mod does not have any changes to, for example, Iron Boots in its esp file, its a direct nif replacer. I tried creating a new test esp cloning the boot from skyrim.esm but I was not able to find a way to add the sound specifically to females or any sound at all.

Is it possible or am I asking to much from creation engine?

I'm running Skyrim 1.6.353 and CK 1.5.73 with all the fixes and patches nexus.

Thanks for the help guys!

As far as I know (it's not my mod, after all), there is only one place in a foot-apparel's record for a footstep sound to be designated. So when you apply AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet to the item, that's it, for all wearers of that item including males and the beast races, etc.

The only way I can see for you to do what you are trying to do is to make a new patch plugin that adds a females-only version of (whichever shoes you want it on). You would "Copy as new item" the Iron Boots Armor Addon and Armor records into a new plugin and name it something descriptive, like "Fisk Female Footwear" :classic_tongue: and rename the new records to add "Female" at the end (e.g. "Iron Boots - Female"), then then edit the new Armor Addon to add AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet and finally edit the new Armor item to point to the new Armor Addon instead of back to the original one.

You would then have a version of Iron Boots (or whatever) with "Female" in the name and Heels Sound, and they would have a different FormID and a different item record with AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet applied. You can add MANY pairs of footwear into the new mod, and you won't have to muck about with locating textures and meshes because they will still use the original ones.

All of that means you would have what you want: nobody but the girly-girls YOU choose will have Heels Sounds. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Vyxenne
Because typos are the bane of her existence
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, Vyxenne said:

As far as I know (it's not my mod, after all), there is only one place in a foot-apparel's record for a footstep sound to be designated. So when you apply AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet to the item, that's it, for all wearers of that item including males and the beast races, etc.

The only way I can see for you to do what you are trying to do is to make a new patch plugin that adds a females-only version of (whichever shoes you want it on). You would "Copy as new item" the Iron Boots Armor Addon and Armor records into a new plugin and name it something descriptive, like "Fisk Female Footwear" :classic_tongue: and rename the new records to add "Female" at the end (e.g. "Iron Boots - Female"), then then edit the new Armor Addon to add AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet and finally edit the new Armor item to point to the new Armor Addon instead of back to the original one.

You would then have a version of Iron Boots (or whatever) with "Female" in the name and Heels Sound, and they would have a different FormID and a different item record with AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet applied. You can add MANY pairs of footwear into the new mod, and you won't have to muck about with locating textures and meshes because they will still use the original ones.

All of that means you would have what you want: nobody but the girly-girls YOU choose will have Heels Sounds. :classic_biggrin:

I know its been a while so sorry but if you see this, the same issue is plaguing me. I have recorded an in game video of sounds while wearing high heels.

If you have lots of uncompressed soundfiles, the   sound cannot be loaded in time.

Sounds like battle-, heels etc. Should be 1. compressed 2. high priority and, if still not working, held in memory.

This is done via alternate sound for heels sound. Duplicate heels sound and define this as alternate sound for heels.

9 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

If you have lots of uncompressed soundfiles, the   sound cannot be loaded in time.

Sounds like battle-, heels etc. Should be 1. compressed 2. high priority and, if still not working, held in memory.

This is done via alternate sound for heels sound. Duplicate heels sound and define this as alternate sound for heels.

1. How do you compress sounds? 2. I gave it the High Priority Overrides tag in Vortex so hopefully it will load before everything else, and 3. how do I define the duplicate heel sound as alternate sound

On 4/3/2023 at 5:41 PM, Tlam99 said:

Priority in the sound descriptor. You need to be familiar with xedit or ck.

https://skyrimck.uesp.net/wiki/Sound_Descriptor

or check if you have mods installed sounding like "highly improved sound" or similar.

Quite sure mods like this use uncompressed for high priorities.

Please can you share where the high heels sounds are supposed to be located in the games files?

On 4/3/2023 at 9:57 AM, Tlam99 said:

I have heard of that. This is one of the reasons why I don't download a lot of sound mods.