Ill be honest. The idea of this mod is awesome, it helps add an extra level of immersion to the game. However, I personally found the sounds to be to loud and obnoxious. I actually changed the sound files of the heels my character was wearing cause it was so annoying.

Why am I telling you (The creator and/or whoever else is reading this)? Well I want you to hear my feedback and opinion, I'm not trying to be negative or rude.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.  I have two questions.

1.  I was trying to follow the instructions for a few files.  In the first case I was able to get as far as step 9.  Can someone show me a picture of exactly where I should paste the form I.D.  And if there are other things in the column, should they be deleted or not?

1. Open TESVEdit, right click and select none.
  2. Check Heels Sound.esm and the esp you want to modify.
  3. Right click the esp and select Add Masters.
  4. Check Heels Sound.esm and click OK.
  5. Expand Heels Sound.esm and expand Footstep Set.
  6. Copy FormID of AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet.
  7. Now expand Armor Addon branch of esp.
  8. Select the high heels you want to modify. You can see the reference tab at bottom for help. Browse to SNDD – Footstep Sound.
  9. Paste the FormID to this column.
  10. Repeat again with every heels.
  11. Close TESVEdit and click OK with esp checked.

2.  I was trying to give heel sounds to a set of boots (a single set) in the Apachii Divine Elegance mod.  But it won't allow the copying of masters at all.  Is that normal or did I do something wrong?

This is all for personal use and will not be distributed.  I'm just using these as a way of learning the process.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:56 PM, Aki K said:

I was trying to give heel sounds to a set of boots (a single set) in the Apachii Divine Elegance mod.  But it won't allow the copying of masters at all.  Is that normal or did I do something wrong?

Everything below applies to Skyrim LE ("Oldrim") and Skyrim SE. The only difference is the name of the editor- for Oldrim it is TESVEdit, and for SSE it is SSEEdit.

The Apachii Divine Elegance Store is a special case because the ADE plugin is an ESM and so is the Heels Sound plugin- SSEEdit will not allow you to add a Master to another plugin unless the Master you are adding loads first, above the plugin you are adding the Master TO. :classic_wacko: The default sort order for LOOT (and Vortex, which uses LOOT) is Heels Sound above ADE, so SSEEdit won't allow you to do what you need to do.

Confused yet? :classic_tongue: Just make a rule in Vortex (or LOOT) to force Heels Sound.esm to load BEFORE Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm and re-sort your plugins. Then open SSEEdit and add Heels Sound.esm as a Master to Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm and do your edits (see below.) Be sure to remove the manual sorting rule you used to force Heels Sound.esm to load first- it will load before ADE automatically once you have made it a Master of ADE.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:56 PM, Aki K said:

Can someone show me a picture of exactly where I should paste the form I.D.  And if there are other things in the column, should they be deleted or not?

To add the Heels Sound to your footwear, right-click the data in the SNDD data (you may have to right-click and add the SNDD block if it doesn't have one), select Edit then type or paste the Heels Sound Footstep Set FormID. Any previous value there will be overwritten.

Here is an image per your request:

HeelsSoundShoesEdit.png.18966a3869b88b74b7042235893eb03d.png

Hope this clears it up for you. :classic_heart:

PS: You avatar has the worst case of acne I've ever seen! Please get her some Proactiv. :classic_dodgy:

15 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

PS: You avatar has the worst case of acne I've ever seen! Please get her some Proactiv. :classic_dodgy:

It is blood.  It is an artists depiction of a famous character from a book.  Halfway through the book she was a vengeful spirit.

8 hours ago, Aki K said:

It is blood.  It is an artists depiction of a famous character from a book.  Halfway through the book she was a vengeful spirit.

I knew that. I was making a joke. Please disregard my post.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KitsuneNoMeiji said:

Does this still work? If so, how do I install and is it compatible with FNIS 360 movement?

It should still work, I'm still using it after all this time. to install just drag and drop into meshes/actors/character/animations. no need for FNIS because these are replacing basic animations.

• 5 weeks later...

I attached these sounds to a pair of boots this evening, and it works fine although the timing/sync seems just a tiny bit off.  I'm a total newbie to modding and one or two stages in the instructions had me scratching my head for a couple of minutes, but yay. Clickity click  :  D

What I can't work out though is how to make the sounds work with FNIS Sexy Moves. There's some mention of it on Page 2 of this thread and even a file posted called "Step Fix" which might be the solution. I don't know though, or what to do with the contents of that file to find out.

If anybody could help me figure this out I'd be most grateful.

Edit - I just re-read the thread and found the answer further up this page ?  I have sound for all the FNIS moves except 2 and 3, maybe I'll be able to work it out from here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, RaptorVz said:

Hey, how do i make it work if i use an vanilla armor replacer mod? (With high heels)

If your replacer mod has its own plugin, then you just edit it and add Heels Sound as I (and others) described in earlier posts. If your "replacer" is a simple retexture with no plugin, then you're going to have to make a patch containing an override record for the Armor Addon of the heels and add the AngelStep sound there.

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2018 at 8:15 AM, SwZ said:

Hi, i am using the SSE 1.5 Version of this Mod with FNIS Sexy Move 7.2 SE. All works fine except for:

- without the 360 Style, Animations 2 and 3 have no footstep or heel sounds for walking.
- with the 360 Style, Animations 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 have no footstep or heel sounds both for walking and running.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Ive read the comments on FNIS SM, some ppl having the very same problem, but got either no answer or i somehow missed it.

Would the Step_fix.rar help in my case? If so, would someone be so kind and tell me how to aplly it?

From what I can gather from the FNIS Sexy Move site, the author of that mod has not been able to develop a patch to fix this problem.  I was hoping that ApoKrytia or one of the mod authors on Loverslab might have better luck.  Did you ever find a solution to this problem.  You description fits my situation exactly.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, nalwaz said:

when i select the "Add Master" on the .esp it shows me a tab with the title "which master file u want to add" but there are no masterfile to choose from, it's completely blank. any help ?

You must load the proposed Master plugin into SSEEdit along with the dependent plugin, and the new Master must be sorted before the dependent plugin or you will not be able to add it as a Master to that plugin. You may have to temporarily force your load order (via LOOT/Vortex sorting rule or manually) to make this happen. Once you have added the Master, be sure to remove the temporary sorting user-data rule by which you forced the load order if in fact you had to do that. LOOT/Vortex will automatically get it right once you have established the new Master.

I found an interesting problem which I've only seen one other person comment about on this forum, but... I haven't found a solution. The problem is with the left foot sounds when walking specifically on gravel surfaces (left and right work on all other surfaces... as far as I know). I've checked the Footstep folder and the sounds are in the correct location, the "l" folder in the "gravel" folder. They are labelled correctly, the audio format and quality is the same as the other audio files (that DO work)... I've checked the Heels Sound master to see if something got messed up, I've checked the CharmingHighHeels esp to see if it was all good there... everything seems to check out. All footsteps are pointing to their respective files, including the gravel footsteps.... I don't know what's going on. Anyone have some thoughts?

The trigger for any footstep sounds comes from the game, optionally influenced by any walk-run animation mod you may have installed.

In order to troubleshoot this, I would back up and then uninstall any walk-run animations you currently have and try with just the lumpy, ugly vanilla walk-run baby-steps animations *barf* to see if that fixes the problem. Conversely, if you are not using any walk-run animation mods :classic_huh: then install one. I'm using the Dragonfly BBP 360 walk-run animation and as far as I have been able to detect, the only issue I have is that it triggers each footstep a few hundredths of a second too early... or possibly almost a full second too late :classic_angry: .

On the other hand, I would continue to use the Dragonfly animation even if I had your no-left-foot-on-gravel issue with it, just as I am putting up with the slightly-out-of-synch footstep sound, because I have not found a similar walk-run animation that I like nearly as well.

I just wish I could find a male walk-run animation that makes all my macho boy toys stop taking little baby steps! :classic_angry:

On 7/4/2019 at 6:52 AM, Kapes said:

no need for FNIS because these are replacing basic animations.

This is not correct. There is, indeed, no need for FNIS- but it's because the Heels Sound mod does not contain any animations, not because it "replaces basic animations."

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

This is not correct. There is, indeed, no need for FNIS- but it's because the Heels Sound mod does not contain any animations, not because it "replaces basic animations."

That was referring to the fix I posted for "The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce" walking animation which does replace animations, not heel sounds. 

12 minutes ago, Kapes said:

That was referring to the fix I posted for "The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce" walking animation which does replace animations, not heel sounds. 

Ah, well, sorry then- you didn't back-quote that information so it wasn't intuitive or contained in your post. Also, any time you edit or replace animations you must run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe- not just when you add new ones.

EDIT: I just downloaded your "step fix" file but it doesn't say what it fixes- could you please tell us what it does and whether or not the hkx files have been converted to SSE spec??

On 10/30/2019 at 4:14 AM, Vyxenne said:

The trigger for any footstep sounds comes from the game, optionally influenced by any walk-run animation mod you may have installed.

In order to troubleshoot this, I would back up and then uninstall any walk-run animations you currently have and try with just the lumpy, ugly vanilla walk-run baby-steps animations *barf* to see if that fixes the problem. Conversely, if you are not using any walk-run animation mods :classic_huh: then install one.

Tried those things. I didn't have a walk animation installed in the first place, so I installed the Dragonfly one, and it didn't change the sound. Keep in mind, the missing sounds are ONLY the gravel running sound, and the dirt running sound. Everything else seems to be okay. I dunno what is happening.