On 8/31/2021 at 6:14 AM, _S_U_ said:

Why there's no edit option ?

<image of SSEEdit with Skyrim.esm shoes selected>

Since none (zero, zip, nada) of the vanilla shoes are high heeled, most people wouldn't bother adding the click-clack heels sound to them. That said, when dealing with vanilla shoes, since you can't make anything a Master of Skyrim.esm, you should:

1. In addition to Skyrim.esm, load Heels Sound.esm into SSEEdit when you launch it
  2. Right-click a shoes record from Skyrim.esm and select "Copy as override into"
  3. Select "New plugin" (tick the box)
  4. Name it something descriptive, e.g. "Vanilla Shoes Heels Sound Overrides.esp"
  5. Right-click the new override patch esp and select "Add Masters"
  6. Tick Heels Sound.esm
  7. Expand the Footsteps Set record of Heels Sound.esm and jot down the FormID of Angel Step
  8. In your new override patch, right-click the SNDD block and select Add to create a new empty Block
  9. In your new override patch, right-click the new SNDD block and select Edit
  10. Enter the FormID of the Angel Step Footstep Set
  11. Close SSEEdit and make sure it only wants to save your new override patch plugin and NOT Skyrim.esm or Heels Sound.esm
  12. Test those shoes in-game to see how ridiculous leather moccasins are when they impossibly go "click-clack" as you pad around in them :classic_wacko:
  13. To add inappropriate high heels sounds to more not-high-heeled vanilla shoes, open SSEEdit with only your new override patch plugin, which will now automatically open Skyrim.esm and Heels Sound.esm, and repeat steps 2-10, this time selecting your new override patch instead of "new plugin" in Step 3, then skip to Step 7.

:classic_heart:

Edited by Vyxenne
21 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Since none (zero, zip, nada) of the vanilla shoes are high heeled, most people wouldn't bother adding the click-clack heels sound to them. That said, when dealing with vanilla shoes, since you can't make anything a Master of Skyrim.esm, you should:

1. In addition to Skyrim.esm, load Heels Sound.esm into SSEEdit when you launch it
  2. Right-click a shoes record from Skyrim.esm and select "Copy as override into"
  3. Select "New plugin" (tick the box)
  4. Name it something descriptive, e.g. "Vanilla Shoes Heels Sound Overrides.esp"
  5. Right-click the new override patch esp and select "Add Masters"
  6. Tick Heels Sound.esm
  7. Expand the Footsteps Set record of Heels Sound.esm and jot down the FormID of Angel Step
  8. In your new override patch, right-click the SNDD block and select Edit
  9. Enter the FormID of the Angel Step Footstep Set
  10. Close SSEEdit and make sure it only wants to save your new override patch plugin and NOT Skyrim.esm or Heels Sound.esm
  11. Test those shoes in-game to see how ridiculous leather moccasins are when they impossibly go "click-clack" as you pad around in them :classic_wacko:
  12. To add inappropriate high heels sounds to more not-high-heeled vanilla shoes, open SSEEdit with only your new override patch plugin, which will now automatically open Skyrim.esm and Heels Sound.esm, and repeat steps 2-10, this time selecting your new override patch instead of "new plugin" in Step 3

:classic_heart:

It worked Thank you so much 

• 4 weeks later...

Does this work with LE? I don't want to mess around with it because its an SSE file but I'm trying to get 'DX Succubus (Mazken) Armor - UNP LE' working and it requires 'Heels Sound.esm' as a master file. If I download this and run the same exact process but my game is in LE will the result be safe and stable or does this only work with SE?

13 hours ago, Skyrimdude said:

Does this work with LE? I don't want to mess around with it because its an SSE file but I'm trying to get 'DX Succubus (Mazken) Armor - UNP LE' working and it requires 'Heels Sound.esm' as a master file. If I download this and run the same exact process but my game is in LE will the result be safe and stable or does this only work with SE?

The sounds files themselves are Windows wav files and so will work on any Windows machine and probably Macs too but idk about Macs.

The SSE plugin in my game, however, has been resaved in the CK to a Form 44 plugin (SSE spec) and so will not work in LE. So here is my Oldrim plugin-

Heels Sound LE.7z

Install the SE mod from here into your Oldrim game and then install this 7z file and override.

Edited by Vyxenne
On 9/29/2021 at 2:30 AM, Vyxenne said:

The sounds files themselves are Windows wav files and so will work on any Windows machine and probably Macs too but idk about Macs.

The SSE plugin in my game, however, has been resaved in the CK to a Form 44 plugin (SSE spec) and so will not work in LE. So here is my Oldrim plugin-

Heels Sound LE.7z 4.99 kB · 0 downloads

Install the SE mod from here into your Oldrim game and then install this 7z file and override.

Thanks! I'll try this next chance I get :D

• 1 month later...

Ported the LE version of the 360 Pack for Sexy move with the footsteps sound fixed. I've seen a bunch of people here complaining about these animations being dead silent and it was driving me nuts too so i thought i might as well share it with you since i spent 3h trying to figure out how all these tools worked to fix it myself.

All you need to do is uninstall the SE 360 pack you got from Nexus and replace it with mine. Rebuild animations in FNIS and you're good to go!

Quick disclaimer: I do not own these animations or the mod. I'm no modder either. I went in blindly and somehow pulled this off so if there's bugs i probably can't fix them. I tried it and it was working fine though. I'm just mentioning it because the patch note of the SE version had a line saying ''2017/12/12 V7.1 . . Addedd 360 support for female player. Fixed a bug that made male players use female walk/run after race change (e.g. werewolf)'' which i didn't see on the LE page so since i have no idea how those 2 versions actually differ i would avoid it if you guys play as male characters(just in case).

If you're reading this i highly doubt you do though so there shouldn't be any problems. Enjoy your waifu walking around in her glorious heels.

360 Pack for the Female Player SE Footsteps Sound Fixed.7z

Edited by M2xim
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two TERA Armor mods to assign them heels sound. It is quite big work and so I have a question: can this process be automated? It is just boots in two specific mods, I can't believe there is no script that could handle all this job.

Edited by Delite
15 hours ago, Delite said:

I have two TERA Armor mods to assign them heels sound. It is quite big work and so I have a question: can this process be automated? It is just boots in two specific mods, I can't believe there is no script that could handle all this job.

I wouldn't call this big work. It looks more complicated than it really is you just have to do it once or twice to remember then it shouldn't take you more than a min to do. You literally just load Heel Sound and your armor(s) in SSEEdit, copy a specific line from Heel sound and paste it on every footstep sound line on every heel you want.

The modders would need to add heelsound to their mod themselves(some do). Even if coding Gandalf made something it would apply heel sound to every boots/shoes related to an ESP regardless of if they are heels or not because they're all the same in-game. Need someone to look in the ESP and differentiate between heels and everything else. I don't think it gets any better than CTRL-C/CTRL-V lol  

5 hours ago, M2xim said:

I wouldn't call this big work. It looks more complicated than it really is you just have to do it once or twice to remember then it shouldn't take you more than a min to do. You literally just load Heel Sound and your armor(s) in SSEEdit, copy a specific line from Heel sound and paste it on every footstep sound line on every heel you want.

The modders would need to add heelsound to their mod themselves(some do). Even if coding Gandalf made something it would apply heel sound to every boots/shoes related to an ESP regardless of if they are heels or not because they're all the same in-game. Need someone to look in the ESP and differentiate between heels and everything else. I don't think it gets any better than CTRL-C/CTRL-V lol  

I'm talking about LadyHorus TERA Armor and Tera Armor Collection by Frigus. Do you know how many armors these mods have? Almost one hundred! I have to assign sounds to every pair of boots! Still not a big work?

And I don't understand why do you think a script should recognize if the boots have heels or not. Everything that I need is a little script that just assigns heels sound to every pair of boots in a single esp no matter has it heels or not. If the esp has different types of boots (with heels and without heels) - well, okay then, it is a job that user has to do by himself.

Edited by Delite
On 11/18/2021 at 11:20 AM, M2xim said:

You know what, forget what I said previously. You were right, it is only looked scary and complicated. It took me about 15 minutes to assign heels sounds to both TERA Armor mods.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:10 AM, Tlam99 said:

Form 43 influence SE  =  form 44 influence LL  =  Null

Yes, but the issue wasn't Form Type 44 in LL- it was Form Type 44 in Skyrim LE. I have read allegations that it doesn't work. I do not have a usable Oldrim installation with which to check it, though.

On 11/20/2021 at 9:26 PM, Delite said:

You know what, forget what I said previously. You were right, it is only looked scary and complicated. It took me about 15 minutes to assign heels sounds to both TERA Armor mods.

lol that's why i was encouraging you to just try. Everything look worst than it is the first time. Took me a decade to get the courage to actually dive in. All these extra tools always scared the shit out of me.

Just yesterday i looked up a tutorial to use DynDOLOD for the first time and generate custom LODS for my modlist. Now whenever i'm looking in the distance i feel stupid i DynDO this before. So many great tools available to make my game better. I was stubborn ignoring all of them. Don't do that to yourself! ?

For some reason, my SNDD - Footstep Sound area is unselectable and shaded in grey. I added the Heels sound mod as a master and I'm in the Armor add-on section. What did I overlook here:

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. You need to right-click the empty-field and select "add."

sndd_shadedGrey.png.e28e922579c08b946c8f424984b7a3cc.png

Edited by ReMeDy
19 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

For some reason, my SNDD - Footstep Sound area is unselectable and shaded in grey. I added the Heels sound mod as a master and I'm in the Armor add-on section. What did I overlook here:

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. You need to right-click the empty-field and select "add."

Reveal hidden contents

Nice catch! I have edited my Vanilla shoes guide above to include this step. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

This mod does not support the AE version? Many armors relay on it would be nice to have an update.

This mod contains only sound files and a plugin. It has neither a dll nor any dependency on SKSE. It will work with SLE, SSE, SSE-VR and SSE-AE without conversion. No update is needed.

13 hours ago, lisander68 said:

Try the mod for Skyrim SE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32607/

The Heels Sound Blank mod linked above does not provide any sounds :classic_wacko: - it's just a dummy plugin to trick dependent mods into believing that Heels Sound is installed. Since the Heels Sound mod itself works so well with any version of Skyrim, the only reason a user would need to install that mod would be if s/he wanted to enable the use of a dependent mod without any high heels clicking sound.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because her mind is a total Heels Sound Blank tonight
9 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

This mod contains only sound files and a plugin. It has neither a dll nor any dependency on SKSE. It will work with SLE, SSE, SSE-VR and SSE-AE without conversion. No update is needed.

The Heels Sound Blank mod linked above does not provide any sounds :classic_wacko: - it's just a dummy plugin to trick dependent mods into believing that Heels Sound is installed. Since the Heels Sound mod itself works so well with any version of Skyrim, the only reason a user would need to install that mod would be if s/he wanted to enable the use of a dependent mod without any high heels clicking sound.

No doubt I made a mistake, but you can do this. Download Heel Sound for Skyrim LE, then use Cathedral Assets Optimizer to convert it for Skyrim SE.

Heels Sound 1.5.7zHeels Sound 1.5.7z

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316

Edited by lisander68