[WIP] Further Lover's Comfort 2016-12-04

is there a way to get lovers to engage without having them have to sleep? can it be triggered by their arousal instead of checking to see if they are sleeping?

Try random Sex or Sexlab Sexlife.

Should be a quick yes/no question.

Will having multiple script heavy mods impact this mod's performance?

Quick background: Haven't had much problems with this mod, followers comforted each other and offered a roll in the hay with my PC when necessary. Sometimes upon entering a NPC home by the time I got to the bedroom they were already busy.

That has changed. Now I sometimes have to wait 3 or 4 in game hours for NPCs to comfort eachother. And even though she has been walking around with 100 arousal for 2 days, Jenassa has yet to approach my dragonborn. I let her sleep and she eventually took matters into her own hands fingers, then reloaded and propositioned her so everything is good there. I think Skyrim is trying to do too much so the game is "missing" my wake up window. Relatively new save game (lvl 16 or so), so bloat shouldn't be an issue there.

As far as the relevant SL mods, nothing has changed in my installations, however my overall mod library has increased, and some of those are script heavy. Could that be the cause of what I am seeing? 

Most of the functionality you are talking about stopped work for me maybe 2 years ago. Followers don't comfort each other and couples don't do the deed when I walk into their houses/halls etc.

is there a way to get lovers to engage without having them have to sleep? can it be triggered by their arousal instead of checking to see if they are sleeping?

Try random Sex or Sexlab Sexlife.

Should be a quick yes/no question.

Will having multiple script heavy mods impact this mod's performance?

Quick background: Haven't had much problems with this mod, followers comforted each other and offered a roll in the hay with my PC when necessary. Sometimes upon entering a NPC home by the time I got to the bedroom they were already busy.

That has changed. Now I sometimes have to wait 3 or 4 in game hours for NPCs to comfort eachother. And even though she has been walking around with 100 arousal for 2 days, Jenassa has yet to approach my dragonborn. I let her sleep and she eventually took matters into her own hands fingers, then reloaded and propositioned her so everything is good there. I think Skyrim is trying to do too much so the game is "missing" my wake up window. Relatively new save game (lvl 16 or so), so bloat shouldn't be an issue there.

As far as the relevant SL mods, nothing has changed in my installations, however my overall mod library has increased, and some of those are script heavy. Could that be the cause of what I am seeing? 

Most of the functionality you are talking about stopped work for me maybe 2 years ago. Followers don't comfort each other and couples don't do the deed when I walk into their houses/halls etc.

I solved my issue by unticking the option to use the SLA scanner. For whatever reason that one is less responsive

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't know any spinal tap.

I had installed the mod just as i got to whiterun so less than hour in. all seems fine i use the clan battle-born house as a test and so far it works. 

However The dialogue option for your followers does not seem to work.

So I after a further couple of hours I gained lydia, and tested it out. i say "we should spend some time together" and she will say something like "..roll in hay" or "feeling frisky this morning" but then nothing happens. i wait a few minutes in case it is delayed reaction. but nope. I then looked in the MCM under status and show Lydia as "comforting". I then use the clean up option in FLC and then sleep and she then approaches and asks for sex and then the event triggers fine.

this is what I captured in the attached log files.

I went back to the save in whiterun where is just installed the mod and made a beeline for Uthgerd. I gain her as a follower and ask for sex. and again she says "..feeling frisky..."  and nothing happens.

It just seems to be the dialogue I can't seem to get to work.

on a side note i did get 15 hours in and found the mod stopped working entirely. Even though i swapped lydia for Stenvar about 6 hours ago she was still showing as a follower in the FLC MCM. I have started a new game and all seems well again apart from the dialogue problem. so i am not expectin support on this and put down to something i did wrong.

Am I doing something wrong?

Papyrus.0.log

SexLabDebug.0.log

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mod works crookedly - at whom as. Something happens with animations, without the LC animation on the bed normal, with LC - either under the bed, or near, or half in the wall. Sometimes dialogue and masturbation work normally. The NPS comfort the NPS only once with me - it's Serana and Jordis.

And then - I through the console put them a relationship 4, and Jordis is still a housecarl. Mod stands next to the bottom in order of loading. So I had to remove it. So I tried with this mod several times, I started a new game - all the same and the same. Sexlife 1.4.2 and Eager NPCs works fine - they are quite enough.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somehow the follower decides to stay with the swing couple forever. I can't get her/him out of their house or she always runs back. Or I can't make her leave the city/town. She is sitting at the forge, wandering around etc.

I've just had the same problem. I'm not sure how it got back to normal but I suspect one of the two: either it was because one of the swingers left their house, or something "switched the mode" when I talked to my spouse/follower. Yet I'd rather bet on the former.

BTW my spouse is Anduniel (one of Anna's NPCs), swinging was unavailable with her until I added her (temporarily) to the vanilla follower faction. At least I think that was the "turning point"...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, Nyren said:

Has anyone tried this with Skyrim Special Edition? I imagine it might need porting at least to work, but I'm not sure how to do that.

I actually just downloaded the file and saved the esp in the creation kit. Game loads alright and the mod activated without a hitch with all MCM options available in the configuration menu.

I have a question, can you add a lover's racial preference mod which could take on one to multiple slots of which races they will look for to partner with when you don't do enough for them?  could make some real spicy situations for 2 married nords and a redguard.  

Mod hasn't worked for me in years, except NPC on NPC like barracks Stormcloak and Imperial. Very occasionally married couples (yes I know the times of day this takes place). Followers haven't screwed each other for maybe 3 years or more. I dunno I have tried everything.

11 hours ago, jpee1965 said:

Mod hasn't worked for me in years, except NPC on NPC like barracks Stormcloak and Imperial. Very occasionally married couples (yes I know the times of day this takes place). Followers haven't screwed each other for maybe 3 years or more. I dunno I have tried everything.

I had similar issues and fixed them by turning off  Sex Lab aroused scanner in MCM menu AND SETTING CRUDITY LEVEL TO NONE. The last bit was essential in my game, NO NPC had sex. But since you say that your NPC's occasionally DO perhaps it's a script lag issue if you use many script intense mods? If so try editing papyrus values in skyrim.ini very carefully

( i.e. fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0, fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2-->2.0 max and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2 -->2.0 max ). Do not go above 2.0 value, it will screw your game. Mine are set to 1.8.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2017 at 2:14 AM, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

So I am having an odd issue, When I disable SexLabs Disable starting teleport anytime I start a sex scene all participants get ported outside the current cell or fall through the ground. It is bizarre. I want to use this with Defeat but you can't have starting teleport disabled with defeat. 

Hi! I also had this happen, but WITHOUT this mod. I had to test and go back to the save where the animations worked as they should have, where I was standing.

I also don't know if this mod will work smoothly given the other comments...

On 6/29/2018 at 7:05 AM, LazyLove said:

I had similar issues and fixed them by turning off  Sex Lab aroused scanner in MCM menu AND SETTING CRUDITY LEVEL TO NONE. The last bit was essential in my game, NO NPC had sex. But since you say that your NPC's occasionally DO perhaps it's a script lag issue if you use many script intense mods? If so try editing papyrus values in skyrim.ini very carefully

( i.e. fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0, fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2-->2.0 max and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2 -->2.0 max ). Do not go above 2.0 value, it will screw your game. Mine are set to 1.8.

I ran Mator Smash on my entire load order and it seems to be working fine again.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble with the MCM menu? For me, it loads up, but once I try to click any of the tabs, it refuses to load anything else. Using setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 will result in all menus reloading with the exception of Lover's Comfort.

I tried making a new MO profile in case it was a conflict with another mod or something but so far, no luck. I also considered I might have been installing wrong, but I went over the file's page multiple times now.