Not underestimating anything.  Not asking for all this " soon " just a few ideas.

Yes, but the Beyond Reach guys are already four years ahead of us, and if they are kind enough to share... :P

I've got a bad case of project lead / game designer POV, and I'm all for using existing assets because it's what takes the most time and ressources to do beyond animating. So if assets can be used and reused, it's more content quest-wise, and it's also important on the writing side because oneshot characters haven't got anything for them.

And if you read up on the lore for this region of tamriel there are dozens if not a few hundred tunnel systems expanding from Orsinium, High Rock, Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Craglorn.

1- Source ?

2- Certainly, but what's the point in the mod to have tunnels where we will never go (as in "there is nothing at the end of it") ?

3- If you go Ultima Underworld, you need to actually do the tunnels and populate them with encounters, teasing is not pleasing !

I didn't bother to mention Markarth's tunnels because (...)

Yeah but it's conceptually by far the most pertinent way to go west through tunnels to the other side of the Reach. It's also by far the easiest way : just put another dwarven door. This doesn't conflict with any mod.

And for a mountain path way, Hag Rock is by far the more pertinent way, it's the westernmost point in Skyrim and the point where the mountain range is the thinniest. From Lost Valley Redoubt it's hundred of kilometers atop mountains to go to the West Reach.

Love the mod!!!! Just tried it for the first time after a long break from Skyrim. I enjoyed becoming more intune with nature and being surprised from time to time.

Saying that ONE nitpick... In New Shaman Initiation: Last Trial, you are forced to fuck a wolf. My problem isn't being made to fuck a wolf, my issue is that there is no action to act as if that isn't a fucking crazy idea to a normal sane person. Option 1, Ohhh I do it all the time, Option 2, Ohh I did it in the past... Where is the option where you have never done bestiality before? I suggest you make a conversation where the player acts like that his horrible and Tsunelda tells the player that she has to connect with nature and this is a necessary route. Very simple addition for players who haven't fucked a dog before...

I love the mod but really think that small addition would make it more immersive for players.

Love the mod!!!! Just tried it for the first time after a long break from Skyrim. I enjoyed becoming more intune with nature and being surprised from time to time.

Saying that ONE nitpick... In New Shaman Initiation: Last Trial, you are forced to fuck a wolf. My problem isn't being made to fuck a wolf, my issue is that there is no action to act as if that isn't a fucking crazy idea to a normal sane person. Option 1, Ohhh I do it all the time, Option 2, Ohh I did it in the past... Where is the option where you have never done beastality before? I suggest you make a conversation where the player acts like that his horrible and Badycia tells the player that she has to connect with nature and this is a necessary route. Very simple addition for players who haven't fucked a dog before...

I love the mod but really think that small addition would make it more immersive for players.

You made a point !

Not underestimating anything.  Not asking for all this " soon " just a few ideas.

Yes, but the Beyond Reach guys are already four years ahead of us, and if they are kind enough to share... :P

I've got a bad case of project lead / game designer POV, and I'm all for using existing assets because it's what takes the most time and ressources to do beyond animating. So if assets can be used and reused, it's more content quest-wise, and it's also important on the writing side because oneshot characters haven't got anything for them.

And if you read up on the lore for this region of tamriel there are dozens if not a few hundred tunnel systems expanding from Orsinium, High Rock, Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Craglorn.

1- Source ?

2- Certainly, but what's the point in the mod to have tunnels where we will never go (as in "there is nothing at the end of it") ?

3- If you go Ultima Underworld, you need to actually do the tunnels and populate them with encounters, teasing is not pleasing !

I didn't bother to mention Markarth's tunnels because (...)

Yeah but it's conceptually by far the most pertinent way to go west through tunnels to the other side of the Reach. It's also by far the easiest way : just put another dwarven door. This doesn't conflict with any mod.

And for a mountain path way, Hag Rock is by far the more pertinent way, it's the westernmost point in Skyrim and the point where the mountain range is the thinniest. From Lost Valley Redoubt it's hundred of kilometers atop mountains to go to the West Reach.

Not underestimating anything.  Not asking for all this " soon " just a few ideas.  And if you read up on the lore for this region of tamriel there are dozens if not a few hundred tunnel systems expanding from Orsinium, High Rock, Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Craglorn.  I didn't bother to mention Markarth's tunnels because 1: base game has to many quests already for a section of those ruins ( don't want to cause any headaches that may happen by breaking a quest somehow )  and 2: I personally made a dwarven fast travel teleport system about a year ago that lets me go from one major dwemer ruin in skyrim to another upon completely clearing one, as in you get to the end of the ruin and an archway with a huge door will be nearby you go in and Yagrum Bagarn is there messing with an odd device.  Anyway he ends up casting a spell that lets you activate more of said devices upon finding them. 

For those who don't know, Yagrum Bagarn is/was " the Last Living Dwemer " from ES3 Morrowind.  And I will start learning more about the CK, maybe in the forseable future I can help out.

I need things to be cleared before continuing on AFS.

Does we move in Beyond the reach ? We stay at Skyrim ?

I can create a bigger small wolrd, including the forgotten valle.... but it will take A VERY LOT of time.

Noticed you finished FTD main story, will try that one out.  Yeah, AFS has its slight issues, but nothing I think " breaks " the mod.   Hmm, I am gonna try tweaking npc's in CK so there are more forsworn walking around the valley and the linked outposts/camps connected with the stones.   I personally have not moved past the shaman initiation quest ( due to a bug it not doing anything after me and the others sit down ) so no sure if those other empty camps get used later on in the mod.  Will see if I can add a vendor at one or roaming near the ruin, be nice to have one in valley to sell stuff to.

Oh, one thing I noticed the Bothela quest to get the eyes didn't put a quest in my journal.  Either I need to reload my save before talking to her or its bugged out on me.   Time to get some eyes for the crazy lady.

Ok, update on the eyes quest.  After finding the npc and doing the deed, the quest then pops up, maybe that was intended so you wouldn't have a quest marker on the npc in order to make you run around to find her.   Second, maybe add in guard interactions?  A guard was right beside me and did nothing.  And got no new dialog withe the " assistant " after completing quest.

I need things to be cleared before continuing on AFS.

Does we move in Beyond the reach ? We stay at Skyrim ?

I can create a bigger small wolrd, including the forgotten valle.... but it will take A VERY LOT of time.

Game designer POV:
Nooooooooooooo the Vale is big enough ! And empty enough ! And there's already a lot more unique pnjs than the number of quests and exposition needs !

Yeah, AFS has its slight issues, but nothing I think " breaks " the mod. 

Except the quests that don't start, the eternally cached animations and the script decays that block players at the initiation  :P

I personally have not moved past the shaman initiation quest ( due to a bug it not doing anything after me and the others sit down )

So do I (and i'm in the team) for the same reason. See, enough breakings already. I can't console-start quests that require the initiation to be completed as a trigger, too.
It's only roughly one quarter of the actual content you've seen.

Saying that ONE nitpick... In New Shaman Initiation: Last Trial, you are forced to fuck a wolf. My problem isn't being made to fuck a wolf, my issue is that there is no action to act as if that isn't a fucking crazy idea to a normal sane person. Option 1, Ohhh I do it all the time, Option 2, Ohh I did it in the past... Where is the option where you have never done bestiality before? I suggest you make a conversation where the player acts like that his horrible and Tsunelda tells the player that she has to connect with nature and this is a necessary route. Very simple addition for players who haven't fucked a dog before...

It's in the rewriting todo list.

In fact I'm wondering about totally ruling out imposed actual bestiality (as in, with animals) from the paths that are not Primal Shaman.

Yeah because there's people telling me that it's okay for them with werewolves and/or zoomorphed gods but they can't stand it with wolves (and philosophicaly it's blowing my mind, because if you're okay with the zoomorph, it's not the animal body that repulse you, and if it's okay with werewolves, it's not the animal mind that repulse you, so, what's the fracking problem ?).

Bonus question: Did the Dark Wolf initiation run smoothly in your game ? We're still searching the reason it's totally stuck for some of us.

Alploochra, on that quest i found a work around.  Instead of doing the whole " i had a pet before ....." option I chose the " I have sex with animals already " one.  Then stand there at that npc, and wait till 6pm and can start the actual quest to go become shaman.  I could never get the other npc to show up for me and Ethraine at the Dark Wolf in orde to advance it.

But in order to start up the actual even for all of us at the Tree, I had to go into the younglings cave and use the " Debug start the shaman initiation " on Katalia.  Mod then makes me walk with her to the Tree, we sit, wait for other 3 females.....Then nothing happens afterwards, just the constant of npc saying " Need something? "

Bonus question: Did the Dark Wolf initiation run smoothly in your game ? We're still searching the reason it's totally stuck for some of us.

No, both girls were at the Dark Wolf but the proximity check never activated. I had to do setstage AFS2NewShaman2 50 to manually activate it.

If you were talking about the Shaman Ceremony? My first run failed or I was to impatient, I think it had something to do with NPCs going over to the dead body which possibly broke the script. Attempt 2 I disabled the dead body and it ran fine mostly, it took a while at one point once the musicians got into place but with patience it worked.

Another bug I ran into, The girl and the Wolf if I choose to sleep with the werewolf to get the virgins blood it skips the player sex and jumps to the red riding hood sex. Note you do not get the virgins blood for the quest. If you have someone else fuck the werewolf it works fine. Note the wolf is in the submissive position with red riding hood fucking him, not sure if that is a joke or unintentional.

Yeah because there's people telling me that it's okay for them with werewolves and/or zoomorphed gods but they can't stand it with wolves (and philosophicaly it's blowing my mind, because if you're okay with the zoomorph, it's not the animal body that repulse you, and if it's okay with werewolves, it's not the animal mind that repulse you, so, what's the fracking problem ?).

Well I expected it coming in... I admit, I don't fancy bestiality but it's 100% acceptable if it's story appropriate. The wolves seems to be avatars of the old gods, have to show respect and submission to them... I'm ok with it.

Saying that, I love werewolf sex!!!!!!!!!!! To me they are still human and I don't link it to bestiality. I can actually fantasize werewolf sex. It's like watching a big black guy ram his cock into a tiny white chick, ethnically different but still the same race.

Alploochra, on that quest i found a work around.  Instead of doing the whole " i had a pet before ....." option I chose the " I have sex with animals already " one.  Then stand there at that npc, and wait till 6pm and can start the actual quest to go become shaman.  I could never get the other npc to show up for me and Ethraine at the Dark Wolf in orde to advance it.

But in order to start up the actual even for all of us at the Tree, I had to go into the younglings cave and use the " Debug start the shaman initiation " on Katalia.  Mod then makes me walk with her to the Tree, we sit, wait for other 3 females.....Then nothing happens afterwards, just the constant of npc saying " Need something? "

Well that's not a work around, you're still stuck at the initiation. ^^

I tried that also of course. Skipping the Dark Wolf scene (either not doing it, skipping the stuck animation or skipping the quest with the console) leads to a stuck initiation. And then skipping the initiation bugs out the subsequent quests.

If you tried the Dark Wolf quest, there's on top of that the animation of this quest beginning again when speaking to other people that give quests (Eridane or Elthrane for example).

Delzaron, in your mind, what was the EXACT sequence of quests we're supposed to do ? Perhaps we're doing something "out of sequence" and triggers are colliding.

Ok.

The core quest line :

AFS1Begin

AFS1FollowKatalia

AFS2BeginTribes

AFS2NewShaman1

AFS2NewShaman1Vulkos

AFS2NewShaman2 (Ethrane and wolf scene)

AFS2ShamanCeremony

AFS3Begin

AFS3WaysTrial

AFS4Koldun

AFS4KoldunInitiation

AFS5Starter

AFS5GroveDefense

AFS5Oldgods1

AFS5Oldgods2

AFS5Oldgods3

AFS5Investiguate

AFS5KillZenoby

No, both girls were at the Dark Wolf but the proximity check never activated. I had to do setstage AFS2NewShaman2 50 to manually activate it.

If you were talking about the Shaman Ceremony? My first run failed or I was to impatient, I think it had something to do with NPCs going over to the dead body which possibly broke the script. Attempt 2 I disabled the dead body and it ran fine mostly, it took a while at one point once the musicians got into place but with patience it worked.

Another bug I ran into, The girl and the Wolf if I choose to sleep with the werewolf to get the virgins blood it skips the player sex and jumps to the red riding hood sex. Note you do not get the virgins blood for the quest. If you have someone else fuck the werewolf it works fine. Note the wolf is in the submissive position with red riding hood fucking him, not sure if that is a joke or unintentional.

Well I expected it coming in... I admit, I don't fancy bestiality but it's 100% acceptable if it's story appropriate. The wolves seems to be avatars of the old gods, have to show respect and submission to them... I'm ok with it.

Saying that, I love werewolf sex!!!!!!!!!!! To me they are still human and I don't link it to bestiality. I can actually fantasize werewolf sex. It's like watching a big black guy ram his cock into a tiny white chick, ethnically different but still the same race.

So you had to skip a stage with the Dark Wolf, so in your case too the ceremony could be bugging out because of quest triggers not being checked.

And you know what ? I've never seen the musicians, you just taught me they existed. ^^

I've tried the ceremony without killing the dibellan, so that's not the body that is the real problem.

About Red Riding Hood:

Yeah I got the same thing, the werewolf goes on her instead of me. I think the scene is randomly rolled between all the sexlab werewolf scenes (so including girl on top).

About wolf sex:

- So technically you are against the Dark Wolf scene (for example). Or the Princess of Wolves quest.

- So you are, technically again, against khajiit sex. Or argonian Sex. Or any mer sex. But I suppose you aren't. because they are all sentients ?

- *cough* You mean same species. Race is a categorization about some physical attributes (like skin color) inside species (which borders are "all the individuals that can have a fertile offspring")

- Which kinda make man/mer sex okay (they can have fertile offsprings, aka Bretons) but doesn't work with khajs, argos, and orcs (as far as we know of even if they are mer).

- Why is it okay then to have sex with extra dimensional entities with blue and organe morality ? (daedras or god avatars)

- The whole point (according to lore) of the Werewolf Curse is to make a mortal a wild beast that can't act against its pulsions. You see the problem here ? It's not a man neither in body nor in mind. Werewolves don't engage in sex acts for "better" reasons than wild dogs in this setting. They are no more sentients in this scenario.

- So if werewolves are okay, it's in facts for other reasons. The reinforced aspect of fantasy (werewolves not existing anyway) without the actual bestiality guilt, for example, because some coping around the concept that "it's a man, just not at this moment". But so are undeads. So are vampires. So are falmers.

Kinks are complex things... We often have strong positions (like/like not), which is totally fine to have, but soft arguments for or against. This complicates writing a lot.

Ok.

The core quest line :

AFS1Begin

AFS1FollowKatalia

AFS2BeginTribes

AFS2NewShaman1

AFS2NewShaman1Vulkos

AFS2ShamanCeremony

AFS3Begin

AFS3WaysTrial

AFS4Koldun

AFS4KoldunInitiation

AFS5Starter

AFS5GroveDefense

AFS5Oldgods1

AFS5Oldgods2

AFS5Oldgods3

AFS5Investiguate

AFS5KillZenoby

And the side quests have main quest triggers too, haven't they ?

So you got a probleù for the ceremony

Quest Script for girl and wolf not compile properly... Use Katalia way.

Sides quests are triggered by factions.

So, the project topic ? (Again... :D ).

I reisntalled skyrim yesterday evening. I will need time for getting back to code.

So you got a probleù for the ceremony

Quest Script for girl and wolf not compile properly... Use Katalia way.

Sides quests are triggered by factions.

So, the project topic ? (Again... :D ).

I reisntalled skyrim yesterday evening. I will need time for getting back to code.

Maaaaaaan we're drowning in bugs and you want to recruit for the next step already ?

The core quest line :

AFS1Begin

AFS1FollowKatalia

AFS2BeginTribes

AFS2NewShaman1

AFS2NewShaman1Vulkos

AFS2ShamanCeremony

AFS3Begin

AFS3WaysTrial

AFS4Koldun

AFS4KoldunInitiation

AFS5Starter

AFS5GroveDefense

AFS5Oldgods1

AFS5Oldgods2

AFS5Oldgods3

AFS5Investiguate

AFS5KillZenoby

I tried using the Katalia debug option from her dialog to start the  AFS2ShamanCeremony .  Still bugged out for me.   Maybe due to the fact AFS2NewShaman2 (Ethrane and wolf scene) was bugged for me as well and I had to work around it?  Therefore I can't get to the rest of the mods main story line as of now.

The two most likely guilty parties are a direct conflict (a dialogue mod ?) or a too heavy script load (i'm loaded, but other animation-heavy mods are still firing).

It's just tedious to prode the beast in my build, i've got to do a fnis/patchus/batch each time I check/uncheck a mod and it takes around 15 or 20 minutes to run it.

I've got a lot of sexlab mods in trials, and a good portion of classical gameplay ones - RND, Frostfall, Loot and Deg, CCO, Bathing in S, Violens, Wet and Cold...
I had scriptload problems with ASPS but none since he got thrown out. Except with AFS if it's a script load problem too. In fact since upgrading AFS saturday (among other things) my saves aren't even loadable anymore (I mean, even NEW saves) and that can be a script thing too.

The part making me wonder is that NO ONE except Delzaron has been able to play the mod without cheating or tunneling through commands.

Does someone know how to use TS5EDIT enough to look at what kind of errors it finds in the bsa ? It's like some kind of alien street thug langage to me.

Okay dawn is coming, I really need to sleep. I'm seeing color fudges in my peripheral sight.

Some replys to Alploochra about my opinions on werewolves and such...

So you had to skip a stage with the Dark Wolf, so in your case too the ceremony could be bugging out because of quest triggers not being checked.
And you know what ? I've never seen the musicians, you just taught me they existed. ^^
I've tried the ceremony without killing the dibellan, so that's not the body that is the real problem.

Technically the only thing I skipped was the trigger of being near the wolf. By using setstage AFS2NewShaman2 50 it places you AT the wolf sex scenes as if the trigger went off.

About Red Riding Hood:
Yeah I got the same thing, the werewolf goes on her instead of me. I think the scene is randomly rolled between all the sexlab werewolf scenes (so including girl on top).

The werewolf was ALWAYS submissive. So was it a joke by the author, or a slip up... Let me look it up in the CK. It's in the script qf_afs3sidequestgirlandwolf_030179b0.pex, and I lost interest... maybe I will check it later.

About wolf sex:
- So technically you are against the Dark Wolf scene (for example). Or the Princess of Wolves quest.

It's ok if it is story appropriate, but I don't sexually enjoy it. Haven't done Princess of Wolves quest yet.

- So you are, technically again, against khajiit sex. Or argonian Sex. Or any mer sex. But I suppose you aren't. because they are all sentients ?

You have me all wrong, khajiit aren't animals. They are just like werewolves, as in they are humanoids who have the appearance on beasts. I''m ok with that.

EDITING to save time, What about falmers, undead, vampires, Daedra, god avatars

Are they humanoid? That is a Yes, maybe, Yes, yes, maybe. If they are humanoids than I don't have problems with it. Undead are tricky, depends on the type and how humanoid they look. Skeletons, I lose interest. God avatars depends if they have hands with opposable thumbs or not.

- The whole point (according to lore) of the Werewolf Curse is to make a mortal a wild beast that can't act against its pulsions. You see the problem here ? It's not a man neither in body nor in mind. Werewolves don't engage in sex acts for "better" reasons than wild dogs in this setting. They are no more sentients in this scenario.

Don't care about their mindset... are they humanoid? Walk on two feat? Have two hands? This is just my stand point, and others will have different opinions obviously...

The two most likely guilty parties are a direct conflict (a dialogue mod ?) or a too heavy script load (i'm loaded, but other animation-heavy mods are still firing).

It's just tedious to prode the beast in my build, i've got to do a fnis/patchus/batch each time I check/uncheck a mod and it takes around 15 or 20 minutes to run it.

I've got a lot of sexlab mods in trials, and a good portion of classical gameplay ones - RND, Frostfall, Loot and Deg, CCO, Bathing in S, Violens, Wet and Cold...

I had scriptload problems with ASPS but none since he got thrown out. Except with AFS if it's a script load problem too. In fact since upgrading AFS saturday (among other things) my saves aren't even loadable anymore (I mean, even NEW saves) and that can be a script thing too.

The part making me wonder is that NO ONE except Delzaron has been able to play the mod without cheating or tunneling through commands.

Does someone know how to use TS5EDIT enough to look at what kind of errors it finds in the bsa ? It's like some kind of alien street thug langage to me.

Okay dawn is coming, I really need to sleep. I'm seeing color fudges in my peripheral sight.

I completely disagree....

But i will reinstall the mod, and play it this evening.

I will see if I can play all the quests..

Note : I checked the mod with TESCEdit... yes, there are lots of Dirty edits.

I dont use this mods : RND, Frostfall, Loot and Deg, CCO, Bathing in S, Violens, Wet and Cold.

Maybe we have a mod conflict keeping our triggers from going off then?  And yeah, I tried doing hte Ravena's quest line, like what is there so far very interesting.

Or maybe its just a SEQ file problem...

Hey guys, all quests are firing fine in Delzaron's build (except Ravena's, being not finished by Aqqh and all).

I have a growing fear of sitting atop a mountain of conflicts  and script blackholes.

Good... You will have a lot of work !

Let me reinstall the mod, clean it a little, and made a playthrough.