[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

51 minutes ago, Ethlinn said:

since both Kinky World's guide and wiki have been removed

Seriously??? Did you bother to read the post directly above... what was the last post in this thread, BEFORE you posted, saying the wikia had been removed???? Because in that post, I posted a working link to the KW wikia page archive, and also posted a separate thread on this topic just yesterday.

55 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Seriously??? Did you bother to read the post directly above... what was the last post in this thread, BEFORE you posted, saying the wikia had been removed???? Because in that post, I posted a working link to the KW wikia page archive, and also posted a separate thread on this topic just yesterday.

There's no need to be rude: I looked specifically for "sex chip" keyword and sexbot keyword and found nothing, so i made a specific question about sex chips, not about where to find a working guide or wikia.

Yes, I missed your answer because I was actually looking for something else.

27 minutes ago, Ethlinn said:

I looked specifically for "sex chip"

When your first search fails, you need to be less specific, or sometimes, more specific. Web searches and searches using the search feature here can be goofy. As to you being an idiot... never said that, merely pointed out that you didn't read, and ironically, part of what you were looking for was right there for you. I have seen MANY questions posted on this thread, and several others where the answer to a person's question is on the same page they made their post. It's one reason there are 674 pages in this thread.

Seriously, if you want to laugh, look at the thread for Mike24's animations. 20 people asking to be sent a PM to get his pet anims, when the answer was posted just 2 posts prior to the 20 people asking again. In the post I made where I posted the link to KW wikia archive, I mention that people are in too much of a hurry and never read, and that is what leads to 90% of the repeated questions.

And as I also wrote on that page, "give a person a fish, he eats one day... teach him to fish, he eats the rest of his life".

However, if you go to the wikia page archive and are still having problems after looking there, I, or someone, will be more than happy to try to help you.

1 hour ago, joshshmoe said:

spend a few months reading

That depends on your reading comprehension, ability to successfully used the search feature, and depth of the information you seek......

No one here is an expert. Many of us have been using this mod for years and still learn new things about it. Like the Sims, which is a game with MANY, MANY, different things to see if one has lot's of EP's, SP's and even simple store content. The fact KW has had so many builds as well, helps to make some information irrelevant while introducing new things to 'write about'. So something on page 2 might still be accurate, while another post on the same page may not.....

Understanding my last sentence is why I say 'That depends' in regard to your quote....

>>> Most of the current users knowledge is posted here - somewhere. Many times the same information has been repeated - creating frustration with responses from those whom have helped again and again. No one here is required to help - most of us do it because we enjoy the mod and want others to enjoy it too. The best way to get someone to interact would be to do some searching in this post, and the rest of the Sims 3 forum just in case (sometimes players post in the wrong sections) and after garnering the needed information - see if it helps. IF you still have problems then coming to this post with questions supported by experiments and some working knowledge WILL get you much further than a 8 word sentence which shows lack of total effort.

I myself like to engage with players when discussing problems - not be a babysitter going to get a bottle for them.

BTW:  HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

Spoiler

494972263_SillySims1.png.833432d025b6c778dc31791697f2cf09.pngScreenshot-102.jpg.09371a6c5fd0124a35c938d18880b3ff.jpgScreenshot-375.jpg.d00d1a64d680992417448e750c6a731a.jpgScreenshot-470.jpg.ba87f245e71e8a233e7f56ea67272741.jpgScreenshot-745.jpg.35837ce13b94b6ec469f7fbc45074abc.jpgScreenshot-258.jpg.10ca83e00c9e93d0407c67fe1258e085.jpgScreenshot-28.jpg.f0ee6c25dbf3260cabdaf81d69062211.jpgScreenshot-38.jpg.81ffabd26f1402e4d80e0a09ffb92633.jpgScreenshot-92.jpg.16c306eb8486b678de557cab0ca4f1fa.jpgScreenshot-95.jpg.f606fcb2d4ed5a717b0ffdb8633056c2.jpgScreenshot-140.jpg.d20b0995e7f7225b4b5995cfadcf012c.jpgScreenshot-274.jpg.f0b090eaed5b15b47e1dd1c3122bb66a.jpg

1 hour ago, landess said:

Maybe it IS safer to just ask someone instead of using a computer to search....

Easier... )))) But, as you well know, I have done a lot of work with my FemmeBots, AND the sexbot chip. And, you and I both know there IS information to be found if a search is done. Oh, I'll still help if I think @Ethlinn is really stuck, but...

Not all mechanical nannies are so abusive to little ones!!! FemmeBots make great nannies!!!!!! )))))))))))

aaa.jpg.a2dcff32bd2ff76ca047d81d459cf068.jpg

On 10/30/2020 at 11:24 PM, LadySmoks said:

thank you, i appreciate your help

i just want to make sure, which one am i supposed to get (i uninstalled and am trying to install the mod again)

ONIKI_KinkyWorld_v0.3.7z6.12 

or

ONIKI_KinkyWorld_Build399.7z12.47 

5 hours ago, lkjhgfdsfgh said:

i just want to make sure, which one am i supposed to get

I recently created a post, which will probably be lost to the ether, but your exact question is explained... NEITHER are the advertised v0.37, which was removed and replaced with v0.61, while v0.3 was left up, with the 7z, meaning 7 Zip appearing to be v0.37... as landess stated. So, here's a link to the thread I started....

I may have time today to add a few things that will help people with KW issues.

3 hours ago, landess said:

Or the next oldest stable build if going 'public'.

I know you won't mind... I'm reposting this on the thread I started for KW wiki.

And done! Also posted links to our last 2 animators!!! Lucas and Clydie!!!!!!

2 hours ago, thegratechin said:

what does it mean

Either your sim was in a group outing of 3 or more and became romantic with one other in the group, and the game is suggesting they break from the group and make it a date, or... seemingly more common, a glitch in the game in which the game mistakenly made the afore mentioned conclusion. Not sure if the glitch is, or isn't related to KW.

3 hours ago, thegratechin said:

Three is a crowd for a romance youd have to dial it down to make it a group again.

This is a default EA Sims 3 notification. I'm not sure why we players get this notification when at times it refers to another household - not the active one being played (although the active one will still cause this to occur). This may be tied to KW but unsure and the effect may be a result of 2 Sims in a larger group trying to Woohoo - since the notification has no portraits/names - I never tried to find who the notification was referring to in an effort to see 'why' I got the notification

How it works: The sims 3 allows grouping events to take place. An active household can only have 1 group at a time. This is why there are options to ask others to join THE group. (and leave the group). When 2 Sims in a group engage in a romantic activity, the game want to change the status of the group to a DATE. Since only 2 people can be on a date, if there are more than 2 Sims in the group, players will get this notification/option to allow the game to make it a DATE and 'kick' extra Sims from the group. Saying no keeps the group intact - but unsure if the option ever appears again if more romantic activities are pursued. I know if only 2 Sims are in a group, romantic interactions between the 2 group members immediately change the group into a date........   The player will not have a say in this change.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:17 PM, joshshmoe said:

hi, newbie here

Hi everybody,

Half a year ago, I was a complete noob too. I just discovered about the existence of KW (yeah, I know...). So I installed Sims3 through Steam, found KW build 405 somewhere on the web and installed it. I hoped it could work easily. Of course I was wrong: I soon found out that if it was exactly the game I was hoping for for years, it's also like keeping a giant monster in a closet: it needs constant attention and a lot of personnal investment. So I read. A lot (including I think almost all of the 600+ pages of this topic at this time, from search to search). Actually, I feel like I've had every possible problem once expressed here or elsewhere...

I couldn't say how thankful I am to landess, LadySmocks, jdw6 and many others who posted questions and replies here. Along with modders and people sharing their CC's (JoshQ, LadySmocks, Non-sequitur, cshenrich... ???), you guys helped me tune the "perfect" game. THANKS A LOT!!! According to Steam, I played nearly 1,400 hours (though one of my many problems, now solved, is that I couldn't load my saves so I sometimes let the game run when AFK, and had to start new games again and again) since then... So far, I only have base game, no EP or AD, and just downloaded yesterday my first CC world (Los Aniegos, as advised by landess in another topic). I'm still not bored, since the Sims 3 + KW + CC's combo offers so many possible scenarios, and I still consider myself a newbie.

As a beginner, I know I'm not legitimate but I hope it's OK if I share without pretension my two cents if another newbie passes here. Even if it's nothing new for most readers, and very very summarized, I assume it's good to have a general reminder every now and then in this long thread, from a beginner's point of view. Anyone, please feel free to correct if I'm wrong, or add anything important I'd have missed!

1. Dear newbie, prepare yourself to spend a lot of time reading, searching the web and this very long topic (I found an answer here almost every time I had an issue). If you're like me, you'll also have to learn how Sims3 works, how to install mods and CC's, how to remove cache and other undesired files, how to merge CC package files... It's a lot to take. Unfortunately you will have no choice but go through all this but at the end, the quality of your game is definitively worth the time and energy! You must keep in mind that Sims 3 and KW are old, imperfect, abandonned projects but there's a community of modders (some are still active) who try to repair and improve them. For me, installing KW is like buying a very old car: it will take you quite some time to learn the mechanics (eg KW's many tuning options) and get the tools (the many essential mods - they are free and quite easy to find and install) or it won't work as you like. But it's incredibly rewarding when it ultimately matches your expectations ?

2. Unlike me, download the KW build 375 (considered here as the most stable recent version) that landess posts regularly. It will allow you to ask specific questions about KW as it is the version commonly used by the most experienced and active people in this topic. But read 5. and 6. first ?

3. The KW installation guide. Follow it step by step, every line is important! If a link is broken, report it and/or try to find it somewhere else on the web.

4. Many nraas' mods are usefull (nraas.net, search this topic and the web for opinions) but you need to install at least MasterControler!

5. I got out of many issues (including the unability to load saves) when I followed the best practices, tips and FAQs found here:

6. Any question or problem? Don't ask! People here usually bark and bite if you don't do the minimal homework: first, search this topic, other topics in the Sims 3 section here in LL (the search box top right of this page allows search options), and the web with relevant keywords. In fact, despite my many issues, so far I never needed to ask for help (no doubt it will happen eventually ?). I always could find answers already replied to others that solved my problems (and I can live with minor ones), even if english is not my native language and I'm definitively not a 'computer guy'. After that, you can ask and you'll probably find nice and helpful here ?

7. Good luck and patience, you'll need it anyway ?

Sorry for being so long ?, hope it helps a bit...

ps: I still have some issues (I must try Kuree's save cleaner for a 'big' save crashing) and my next adventures will be to try nraas' Overwatch, StoryProgression, Traveller, Tagger and  Apartment mods. After that probably give a try to University, World Adventures, Supernatural and/or Nightlife. KW is a never-ending journey ?

44 minutes ago, midland_key said:

6. Any question or problem? Don't ask! People here usually bark and bite if you don't do the minimal homework: first, search this topic

Yes... at least I bite (the lazy)! I also take time to avoid biting, and pre-emptively try to help. I recently made a new post to add to the others who have tried to do the same. 

I have included links to the first page here, as well as the almost impossible to find link to the web archived Kinky World wikia page! ))) Also, links to a few other helpful sites, as well as links to our only remaining animators, Lucas and Clydie. AND... I have reposted @landess's personal archive of the once PUBLIC v0.37 (build 375). Also there is a link to the page to help with installing packages. )))

And thanks to you for reminding me, I will also be adding links to both Maraas' and Wicked Loveth's pages! 

I plan to go through a few outside sites and threads here to compile a good hub for people to start looking for answers before needing to repeat questions already answered and buried somewhere in the 675 pages here.

1 hour ago, midland_key said:

So I read. A lot

This touches me deeply. One of the most beautiful things I've read recently...........

tenor.gif?itemid=5608453

Living proof of what I already knew - Rewards come to those deserving. You are why I try to help - the amazing experience a proper modded Sims 3 with KW can bring.

Screenshot-343.jpg.d68fa4d1baa6c5c2894ef0d5ab46161e.jpg

Very sorry that I didn't see your new topic before I posted ? It's very welcome and mine is of course redundant and will very soon be lost in the limbs of this very long thread...

Except for what you write elsewhere, my main goal was to thank you all for your many experiments, explanations, opinions (and a few well-deserved bitings ?). I read it too less often I'm sure to be far from the only one that you helped a lot without even knowing ?

22 minutes ago, midland_key said:

be lost in the limbs of this very long thread

Players using the search feature will see your post if the search uses any/all the words they define. Maybe lost, but not forgotten. Many times I've had to go back lots of pages to find a post I made which is relevant to a question someone posted. If they had just used the search feature which works really well here at LL they would have the answers to most everything and saved the time posting and 'waiting' on someone to give them the same information.

I don't know if it's a Covid thing, or an age thing, but 2020 has seen more lazy people posting for help which has already been solved/referenced/discussed several times. It does get old. I do like discussing the advanced stuff though - no 2 installs are the same and people constantly come up with new things worthy of being brought to the table for exploration and hopefully, a final word on the subject. It's these posts which WILL help advanced users already familiar with the basics and looking to put to rest those odd situations the Sims 3 inevitably unveils.

You mention redundant, but sometimes one would think that is the only thing holding this post together :) 

Screenshot-167.jpg.c20df91c9792ae4379e554eb414ae54f.jpg

1 hour ago, midland_key said:

Victor Hugo: "Of course you must read a lot. Youtube doesn't exist yet, you idiots..." ?

OY! I use youtube tutorials!!!! )))) I also read. ) Sometimes, I must read, or watch, several times to understand some information. In my case, I am a bit stubborn, and do not wish to ask until last resort. And I have posted the links to both Maraas and Wicked Loveth on my page. 

53 minutes ago, landess said:

Covid thing, or an age thing

I had said it must be a combination... too many young people (children) home because of Covid, and bored, download KW and think it is to make an online sex game that they do not need to steal their mother's card and get caught!!! And so many asking for mods with morphing "vaginas"!!! OY! That was what makes me think as I do.

Perhaps I will also add to mention the site search feature, and advise to try different search words if the first does not give results.