[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

1 hour ago, Rimworlder91 said:

I've been using the same save since 2012 and don't want to break my town

I can't say how many of the people at NRaas use KW, or which build, or for how long. I will say they understand the Sims pretty well and have done so much to improve players ability to enjoy it. KW is 'intrusive' to put it mildly, and is designed to 'load last' so it works properly. Of course this means using it puts one at the 'mercy' of the creator OnikiKay. Since Oniki is trying to make a living at Patreon, it's in their best interest to make a stable mod which given what's been done it pretty amazing in it's own right.

I use KW, and have been doing so since the builds were in the 2's. I also run MANY NRaas mods and have been doing so for much longer. Master controller, Story Progression, Woohooer, Traffic, Register, Relativity, Saver, Mover, Dresser, just to name a few. I've had to make settings changes over time and found a comfortable mix of both Mods which I made Settings Exports for use in new games/saves.

The real problem begins with NRaas creating mods or 'plug-ins' which access the default game code in an attempt to give the users more freedoms and stability. Then OnikiKay does the same thing by creating a mod designed to change or modify that same code bending it to their will.

push-me-pull-you.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This means some things aren't going to play nice together. OnikiKay has given instruction to adapt some of the more problematic conflicts between the 2 mods. Dis-able dereferencing, Stuck-check disable, check outfit disable are good examples. NRaas won't budge - they are not interested in figuring out how to make their mod work with KW, and simply state "shit will break". Understandable from their point of view - they have made a MUST HAVE set of mods to make playing the Sims 3 a bearable experience. OnikiKay knows this and is why troubleshooting and other recommendations were made to try and make KW work alongside NRaas. The Shooless mod is another example. It was useful to keep sims from shooing other sims out of bathrooms, but having it installed causes sims in KW to not autonomously use the toilets - they just stand there or don't bother even going to a bathroom/restroom.

>>>>> Worried about your SAVE? Make a copy of the saves folder and either move it to an archive, or rename the original folder and leave it where it is - then copy the contents to a new folder named SAVES. Now no matter what you do, you can always deactivate KW before removing it, or use your old/original saves without fear after removing it.  <---- Deactivation MUST be done on any save which used KW if that save is wanted to be used after removal.

BTW - the game save loader only recognizes the first 100 saves in the save folder.....

(Considering the Llama is a Sims 3 Mascot - I found the Pushmi-pullyu appropriate for the way KW and NRaas work 'together')

1 hour ago, landess said:

it's in their best interest to make a stable mod

We talking about the same Kinky World? From what I've read, the last build was 408, which fixed some of what 407 broke, which fixed some of what 406 broke, which etc etc etc... And all the while, more and more patron fantasies got tossed in like running around in a towel all day... until the mailman comes and your game freezes!!!!! Build 375 was about as close to a stable KW version there has been, and Oniki pulled it from this site long ago. Biggest annoyance there is getting "gropped". Not sure when that ever got fixed!

As I understand it, what you got is what you get, as Oniki is not working on KW at all, and is focused on her other game Kinky Tales, or something like that.

Love when my husband looks over my shoulder as he gropps my boobs!

Pushmi pullyu... Doctor Doolittle... Rex Harrison! ))))))

16 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

That makes sense?????

not really.... the only thing I can figure is that I made subfolders in the Mod folder when I added the tattoo's, instead of just dumping everything into the Mod folder ?‍♂️ I also organized Nraas into its own mod folder at the same time 

That's the only things I changed since last time I tested Bonehilda.

When I figured out installing KW before Nraas was causing problems and fixed that I tested Bonehilda and she wouldn't even come out of her box. I almost didn't bother after making mod subfolders but did it on a lark anyway and now she works ?‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Rimworlder91 said:

subfolders in the Mod folder

There's been some information and example given of how Sims 3 modfolder/subfolders work. When properly labeled, they can create a load order. I'll show another example: Use numbers at the beginning of the sub-folder description - Zero loads LAST!

9 - extra            <---- loads first

8 - Hair

7 - Clothes

6 - Animations

5 - Objects

4 - CAS parts      <---- Skins/etc.

3 - Sliders

2 - Random scripts

1 - KW

0 - NRaas            <---- loads last

One can also put 'sub-folders' within these folders as well if one wanted to keep certain types of CC split/grouped as well:   4 - CAS parts/makeup

This is an example of a hierarchy and not a 'proof of load order'  - I myself would keep NRaas and KW loading last though. The concept is so those wanting to experiment with load order can do so successfully.

You'll notice the OVERRIDE folder is outside the PACKAGE folder - this is so this folder's contents should always have the last word - but not to be a package folder substitute at all. (not even sure if some CC is recognized while placed in the overrides folder)

21 minutes ago, jung03211 said:

EP2 woohoonium (metal) react to KW animation??

2 questions for you... what is woohoonium? And why haven't you just tried it yourself?

Woohoonium - at best would likely (not confirmed) add a bonus multiplier to the arousal script used by KW.  Other metals do have effects on sims in the default game.

"Reacting to KW animations" is hard for me to follow - I was going to write something clever here, but it's so far out in left field I gave up.

Spoiler

rK0B3H.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Well I learned something new - an Ambitions addition to the game - would be 'cute' if KW woohoo triggered it - no clue....

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/collecting/metals.php

On 10/26/2020 at 2:50 AM, LadySmoks said:

until the mailman comes and your game freezes!!!!!

I noticed that too! Nowadays my protocol with the mailman scenario (the 'homage to 70's porm' I call it) is: by all means no interactions with the mail box until you know it's past the hour the guy comes. When the mailman comes, once he's delivered the mail use MC/Sim/basic/go home. After that, it's safe to get your mail. :)

3 hours ago, crimhead said:

by all means no interactions with the mail box until you know it's past the hour

Fine if you have one sim that you control the entire time, and know what he or she is up to... I currently have 12 sims in my household, 2 are roommates, 2 are babies, 4 are bots. As with crying babies and the annoying toddlers on community lots, just use MC reset.

8 hours ago, landess said:

going to write something clever here

Seemed to me to be the kind of question that if you wonder what will happen, you should try it.

"If I do this or that, what will happen???" Time to step out of your safe zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right, id like to say i was VERY excited to see a mod like this finally out and ive been out of sims 3 modding for a while, had to relearn the basics, but theres a few things bugging me about this mod which most people wanting this mod might come across themselves and simply just end up deleting all the hard work youve clearly put into this mod and forgetting about it completely, ive read all the basic modding pages from modthesims and im 100% sure ive downloaded your mod and everything required and recommended properly with only those and a censor mod to remove the blur even installed, the game works perfectly fine like it should but most of the actions your mod brings to the table dont even activate, most of the woohoo actions are rejected, the animations dont even register, they get into position then the action you selected just vanishes without anything happening, the actions and started traits mentioned above to do with pets, dont even show up, the option for rapists and stray dogs refuses to even activate while everything else just seems to sit there taking up space, dialog comes up im guessing where its supposed to be but only to tell me the action was rejected, the only thing i can think of causing these errors is the mention of a 'putting this mod to the top of the list' a) ive not long rejoined sims 3 modding and just came from skyrim modding, im guessing this 'list' is like a load order, but where do i find it b) not even google knows what this 'list' is, theres no videos on it, just keeps giving me 'the best list of mods' which i dont care all that much for 

i really hope you get to fix this or if possible tell me what i couldve done wrong, because id really like to use this mod

4 hours ago, DiddyBeatz said:

i really hope you get to fix this or if possible tell me what i couldve done wrong, because id really like to use this mod

I hate to sound like this but this sentence tells me you've read practically nothing in this post.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you hover your mouse over the creator's avatar, you'll notice the LAST time they bothered coming here - which was around 10 builds ago, and has been discussed here.

Using search could explain 'why' many of the things you call ERRORS are likely game features and functions working normally, which also have been discussed here - many times.

Your statement about many people wanting to use this mod is quite true, yet this is a computer mod, not a disk to throw into a console, so many whom don't read or understand how computers and mods work, just give up when things don't just 'happen' the way they like.

>>>> This is the information best suited to determining quickly how much of a problem you have given the fact you actually have a properly modded game: Go into KinkyWorld/Debug/Always Accept - ON. This bypasses all flags and features making this mod a simulation and turns it into an animation player. Side Note: The Base KW mod has several animation packages included by default now - installing and registering a second set of the 'same' ones will causes the mod to 'break' when they are called by the scripts.

After years of using this mod - there have been many things found wanting by the community. Identifying those which are fixable and those which are not has been an on going process which are shared here. I don't expect anyone to read over 666 pages of posts - but the search feature works really well, and that IS a common skill taught in school today I believe.

4 hours ago, DiddyBeatz said:

right, id like to say i was VERY excited to see a mod like thi....

Someone noticed that this is all one sentence? Amen! what else to add? :)

And, sailor, you was sailed too long! )) this mod is almost dead and hasn't really been updated for a very long time. But who knows, suddenly Oniki will be struck by your message style:bawling:, and she will drop everything ...))) 

my google translator definitely does not digest it! :wacko:

17 minutes ago, sim333 said:

what else to add?

Yeah, even after posting I continued to look over that post and see things mentioned like load order - which for the most part has never been a big issue unless using multiple 'core' mods. AND I even posted information about that on THIS VERY PAGE. <sigh>

Screenshot-293.jpg.2bc20635dc921a551c97d9d0006d1053.jpg

On 10/26/2020 at 10:17 PM, landess said:

There's been some information and example given of how Sims 3 modfolder/subfolders work.

Are you sure the game takes folders in the order of names, and not in priority in Resource.cfg for example? where is the information from?

7 minutes ago, sim333 said:

where is the information from?

A site which 'shall not be named' on LoversLab

I visited it and while the content is questionable - the information on how KW works is invaluable.

>>> The information in resource.cfg just tells the Sims 3 how far to look into each folder. The older versions don't have the deep */**/***/****  type instructions we see in the newer versions of the .cfg file.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:17 PM, landess said:

You'll notice the OVERRIDE folder is outside the PACKAGE folder - this is so this folder's contents should always have the last word - but not to be a package folder substitute at all. (not even sure if some CC is recognized while placed in the overrides folder)

besides OVERRIDE I have a lot of folders outside of Package and they are all recognized fine. Just need to register them in the .cfg.

5 minutes ago, landess said:

>>> The information in resource.cfg just tells the Sims 3 how far to look into each folder.

yes these are lines

PackedFile "Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package"

but what then do priorities mean?

Priority 500

Priority 100

Priority 50

Priority -50

27 minutes ago, sim333 said:

Just need to register them in the .cfg.

Yep, there are a lot of ways to make the game 'work', but not everyone is so savvy. Heck - many have problems just following the basic instructions on folder addresses and 'where to put things'. I'd hardly expect them to understand advanced technique's.

https://ecomputernotes.com/fundamental/disk-operating-system/priority-scheduling

>>>> Priorities are a value the program looks at when determining which instructions to process first. Back in the '80's I worked for a computer supply company. Everyone has computer 'stations' using the same server. This meant everyone keying in information had to wait till the server processed any information entered into a queue before them. Because certain stations needed to 'not wait' like the warehouse completing orders and printing shipping labels, those stations were given a higher priority. Once many of the users figured this out, they learned how to enter the basic commands to increase the priority of their own workstation so they could do their work faster. Of course this slowed down the stations NEEDING a faster response from the server - so - yeah, shit hit the fan and anyone caught changing their station priority set by the IT guys were 'disciplined'.

In the daily operation of a program needing to access set information many times during the course of operation - priority is very important. In the case of the Sims and mods/packages - these files are used during a save load to create the foundation needed for the game to run. Package priority would be used to build this by loading them, and ones with a 'higher' priority would be loaded after - allowing the package to overwrite any previous 'instruction' - modding the previous mod if needed.

Because core mods generally create dependencies between themselves any many other files in the game, overwriting parts of one with another can and many times WILL break the game and is a major headache of NRaas and KW mod use.

Just throwing a bunch of different types of mod packages into a big merged package is one way to end up with unexpected results. Mixing core mods this way stops the player from having any control of which loads last.

16 hours ago, landess said:

In the daily operation of a program needing to access set information many times during the course of operation

Dear Landess, you've got me a little confused:) Does folder labeling only affect the initial loading of the game? Or loading packages when the game is normal working? Do these numbers in folder names only make sense inside Packages or also in other folders outside?  cfg (priorities) does not affect loading, but only normal operation? In short, you have this information, systematize it in one pile, please! :) For me, there are only contradictions.:wacko:

3 hours ago, sim333 said:

Does folder labeling only affect the initial loading of the game?

Yes. The game is built using the package folders. Then it accesses the save to place everything where and 'when' it belongs. Sims in the middle of a script may find themselves standing near the location where the game quit while they were in the middle of it - other times they might continue, and lastly the script in question might 'break' things like elevators - needing replacing for example.

Think of the Sims 3 files and the package files like items in a refrigerator - and the save as a recipe in a cookbook.

CAS and Build/Buy store information used by the save to define what the save needs - CAS and Build/Buy are like active mods in the game allowing one to change the contents of the existing save. This is why Traveling takes so long, the world is erased and rebuilt using the save to define the sims and any changes stored for that travel destination 'IN THAT SAVE' from the files/list created at start-up.

If a save calls for something that couldn't be found in the 'build of the game, then it locates another object/item in the same category for replacement.

The caches are like a cheat sheet so the game doesn't have to read EVERYTHING each time - this is why we delete them after making changes.

Start game.

Load EA files

load packages in order of priority

Create a list of available resources

Choose a save.

Use the information on that save to get everything 'stored' from the created list.

Replace items not found in that list.

Build the world, place objects, create and place sims.

Access game play information unique to that save and set everything up ready to run.

Run.

Access any scripts or other animations once running to modify the game - like KW does 'after' start-up'.

When the game is making it's list - it reads the folders in sequence/priority - it reads the folder with lowest priority and lists the contents for use. Then the next folder and adds that to the list replacing any of the 'same' files with the newer ones. It keeps doing this as it goes through all the folders till it has a comprehensive list. Now the save can tell the game engine where to put things on it own list - using the list created at start-up.

If there are too many differences between what the save asks for, and the available 'resources' to give, the game can crash or other undesirable things. This is why we de-activate KW and make a save before removing it from the package folder holding it.

The idea is a lot more simple than trying to explain it without creating a long page of information and then condensing it through multiple drafts until the essence of the idea remains.

>>> NRaas and KW!

Files from NRaas are read, and many of these replace or make dependent EA default files. Then KW loads and does the same thing. When NRaas mods look for files, depending on the mod - it might not be able to run because the file was 'taken' by KW or some part of the code was changed. Now NRaas makes the change it was meant to, but the variable could be different creating an issue.

Sometimes NRaas isn't perfect either. Relativity is a good example. EA uses different 'rules' for setting how long some things run. I noticed this with Showtime. Normally animations will just 'loop' until an amount of time has passed. With the Showtime performances they seem 'hard-coded' to run for a predefined length of DEFAULT time. By slowing down the game like I do, instead of these performance animations playing and looping, they will stop and pause, until the 'proper' amount of time on the clock has passed, then it continues. Setting Relativity to default 'fixes' this allowing the performances to run without these breaks or pauses.

A script isn't like a regular object/item package file although the game needs to recognize it during the loading process so it becomes part of the game before it begins running.

hey i have a question about the drugs in this mod. i remember it having something called blue sky as meth but i cant find it anywhere now< not in the online shop and not in the grocery store.. was it removed or did i install the mod wrong? also what other drugs are available in the mod? the wiki is no where to be found so im lost