[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

19 hours ago, merkle said:

"Dare to Smoke Joint"

That's some 'magic' right there - a Sim doesn't need to have cannabis in their inventory iirc. I've seen this many times, and not sure what triggers' it's autonomous use - it's not like Sims get 'bored'. Thanks for the screenie - they always bring life to a post. It looks like some kind of doll at the left side wants her to pass the blunt.....

15 minutes ago, landess said:

not sure what triggers' it's autonomous use

Not sure what triggers it either, but I have seen tuning for autonomy in the interactions menu. Probably doesn't work, or resets to what you don't want anyway. More frustrating KW game play, as all my sims are always "super horny", woohooing doesn't satisfy their horniness, user directed actions to read a bot building book, go to another sim to direct her, return to the first and she is doing a KW striptease, instead of what I said to do... with autonomy set to low. I find myself spending more time KW debug set state. Had arousal set at 1, just set to 0. ((((

33 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

as all my sims are always "super horny", woohooing doesn't satisfy their horniness

This is concerning. Can you debug/setstate to a lower arousal, or use 'remove moodlet' to reset the issue? KW does recognize clothing which is flagged as revealing and has a more pronounced affect on Sims with the Woohooer Trait as well (and you DO make a lot of revealing outfits) :) 

Did you 'possibly' try a newer version of KW and simply replace it instead of uninstall it first - cleaning the save - before 'regressing' to an older version? Trying to look outside the box here.......

What you describe is obviously not normal 'behavior' for the Sims KW without a reason.

>Just thought about 'traits'/lifetime rewards as well- slut/pervert type of things which might have extra effects on Sims.

I'm not exactly sure how but I broke the 'start whoring' button. Whenever I try to start it, it just pops up the action in the top left for 2 seconds then poofs. I check to see if it started but it still says 'start whoring' so I think my save is slightly broken. My two sims can woohoo though but I can't start it with random sims.

The only thing I remember that could of broke it, is the giggler/whore call I did but that one didn't start up. Or it could be that one time my sim was pregnant and was about to have a baby, but the two of my sims woohooed before that could happen. It still happened after but, doesn't let me woohoo with strangers anymore.

I'm trying to figure out away to fix the save without losing progress, but I might have to restart. I'm gonna check a new save file first before I decide on what to do.

1 hour ago, landess said:

debug/setstate to a lower arousal

The last sentence... I'm constantly setting to "normal". KW overrides Nraas (thanks Oniki). Remove moodlet, and it pops back immediately. Sims don't need to be wearing anything set as "revealing" for this to start, and it really is annoying when you are trying to accomplish various things.

slut/pervert

Problem is that there is no way around how the script is set to run. To woohoo, either "always accept on" or give sims at least one trait, like woohooer. Then, after so much time passes, and inhibitions have dropped to zero, it becomes a non-stop orgy... which I'm sure many might find pleasing, but I do actually like to play and set goals for my sims, aside from 24/7 woohoo.

22 minutes ago, Zathuul said:

fix the save without losing progress

You may have to bite the bullet. Save as, then quit without saving often. 

1 hour ago, Zathuul said:

I decide on what to do

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Save as,

>>> I'm amazed how many people only have 1 save. The game recognizes 100 in a folder. But no, just gonna use one save over and over, and when something goes wrong......

This is why experience is the best teacher.

4 hours ago, landess said:

That's some 'magic' right there - a Sim doesn't need to have cannabis in their inventory iirc. I've seen this many times, and not sure what triggers' it's autonomous use - it's not like Sims get 'bored'. Thanks for the screenie - they always bring life to a post. It looks like some kind of doll at the left side wants her to pass the blunt.....

I don't recall seeing that option until I had some joints in inventory.  Your target has to have one in his/her inventory for this to work, so giving them one first is normally going to be necessary.

Now I have to see if they get the craving afterwards.  If so, then I can test the produce stand.  If that works I'm well on my way to being the neighborhood drug dealer.?

This is why experience is the best teacher.

Well, I admit that I was one of those 3 month old saves that suddenly went wrong and I was stuck people. That was quite a while ago, but I imagine there are still those who never read the various posts that are out there, which talk about this. So, I thought to mention it. Don't know if that is Zathuul's issue, but....

1 hour ago, merkle said:

Now I have to see if they get the craving afterwards.

Maybe a year ago, I tried this. Don't remember every detail, but do remember that they get the "needs his/her daily drug" moodlet.

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

You may have to bite the bullet. Save as, then quit without saving often. 

2 hours ago, landess said:

I'm amazed how many people only have 1 save.

I forgot to mention I have more then one save, I got like 5 so far and one is kinda close to the latest one before it broke

Thankfully I did do a few save as before that happened, but I'm gonna lose a few sims sadly.

Live and learn I guess of my mistakes.

2 hours ago, Zathuul said:

I'm gonna lose a few sims sadly

Sims are like babies... I'll make another that looks just like the first... even give her the same name!!! ))))

But seriously, I also hate when you spend time making a sim (or a town edit) and a glitch messes up the save. 

2 hours ago, Zathuul said:

Thankfully I did do a few save as before that happened,

Wise words - that's good news!

4 hours ago, merkle said:

I don't recall seeing that option until I had some joints in inventory

I've had other Sims 'Dare' my Sims.... And my Sims had none in their inventory. I usually click/clear those queues as a waste of time since it's part of that madness from EA. Your Sim may be getting a drink at the bar for example, and it get cancelled while the bartender is mixing said drink, just because someone, somewhere on the lot, decides some randomly pushed interaction is more important. Sometimes a Sim will keep queueing the same interaction over and over no matter how many times you cancel it - instant grounds to reset them back home. Then they reappear back at that lot in 2 minutes - insanity at it's core.

15 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I also hate when you spend time making a sim (or a town edit) and a glitch messes up the save

While one can't help the town edits most of the time (Unless you want to save the lot to the bin) if one gets an Error12 trying to save - players can still go back into CAS and save the changed character to the bin, and after quitting and restarting/reloading - can take that Sim into CAS and apply the bin save to them, so not all is lost. Odd how a player can't write to a save after those errors, but can still write to the game files which are in the saved sims folder for use later. My biggest loss happens when I get endless loading after trying to exit build/buy mode - only thing I can do is kill the game in Task Manager......

15 hours ago, Zathuul said:

I'm not exactly sure how but I broke the 'start whoring' button. Whenever I try to start it, it just pops up the action in the top left for 2 seconds then poofs. I check to see if it started but it still says 'start whoring' so I think my save is slightly broken. My two sims can woohoo though but I can't start it with random sims.

The only thing I remember that could of broke it, is the giggler/whore call I did but that one didn't start up. Or it could be that one time my sim was pregnant and was about to have a baby, but the two of my sims woohooed before that could happen. It still happened after but, doesn't let me woohoo with strangers anymore.

I'm trying to figure out away to fix the save without losing progress, but I might have to restart. I'm gonna check a new save file first before I decide on what to do.

I would try using nrass at city hall and resetting objects. I think other options exist that may be more appropriate (a way to reset just the sims) but I haven't looked. Can't hurt to try it and see. I've only just started having to do things like this since installing Island Paradise, which seems to have introduced problems for me, at least playing the Los Aniegos world. So far the reset objects option corrected the exact same problem you mentioned with whoring as well as not being able to 'seduce' (greyed out) and the KW WooHoo button had disappeared from the pie menu when clicking on a sim. I was thinking it was Island Paradise as I never had any of this happen before but I also only noticed it after assigning a female call girl roll to a npc in town.... I kept getting messages about certain actions not being allowed because it was a callgirl situation, or something along those lines. Good Luck.

9 hours ago, landess said:

can take that Sim into CAS

I have done that if it's an error 12 or 16. Still, progression is lost, which sucks. I have gotten into the habit of when a sim reaches a milestone, I "save as". Or BEFORE entering CAS, especially Plumbot CAS with KW installed. I found that mostly while in Oasis Landing, it will stick in the CAS load screen. As you, I monitor with task manager, and found that when the RAM usage number freezes, it seems to mean the game has stopped reading files. I have left it run that way while going to the store and returned to find no change. So now, I give it a couple of minutes, then shut it down.

9 hours ago, landess said:

can't write to a save after those errors

I read on Passion thread that Storm said if you manage to save a game after getting an error 12, congratulations... you saved a corrupted game. Don't know either way, just passing it on.

7 hours ago, merkle said:

Normally I do it with squalling babies

The first use I found for MC reset was those crying toddlers on community lots!

1 hour ago, James2112 said:

(a way to reset just the sims)

resetsim *    (for those with some knowledge about BASIC - This symbol has been used for many things - Example: When telling a Commodore64 to load a game from the 5.25" floppy drive, instead of having to type the program name, we could use the * symbol to tell it to load the 1st program (which was typically the ONLY program)   LOAD"*",8,1   - Load the 1st program, look on the disk drive, run executable - is what that means.)

Island Paradise, which seems to have introduced problems for me

Because of water taxis, this has created pathing problems for some, even saying lakes can cause sims issues. I've had sims 'swim' across a lake - taking much longer - than running or driving around, but that's just an oddity depending on start/end locations and not a regular thing for myself. Island Paradise is known to have some lots with broken pathing as well on it's 'home map', causing serious lag due to the game getting stuck trying to tell Sims to 'go somewhere' over and over.

assigning a female call girl roll to a npc

While some have success in using NPC's for certain KW roles (LadySmoks is a proponent of using Maids successfully) I myself try to avoid it - Tempting fate was never one of my strengths, but even I step in it occasionally. Shit happens and we learn.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Below: If it were Summer this Sim would have been swimming, and even that would have been faster than 'walking on ice'. I saw her doing this and thought "What the hell...?" So I took a screenshot - it's now a favorite of mine.

Screenshot-151.jpg.1293f4371b2c7c1b99a16ef50bcd49e7.jpg

Proof that a straight line may be the shortest distance, but not always the quickest.....

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I have gotten into the habit of when a sim reaches a milestone, I "save as".

I've been using Autosave for a long time.  It's a bit annoying to have a save pop up every hour, but not nearly as annoying as having the game crash and having to go waaaaay back to salvage it.

2 hours ago, merkle said:

I've been using Autosave

Does that "save as", or overwrite the previous save? Or, it's just a prompt??? I generally "save as" several times (usually after completion of an event or goal), and after 10 or 12 saves, when I know I have a couple of stable saves, will go back and delete older saves in the series. When my sims travel (which is often) I always leave 1 or 2 home saves, just in case, so if something buggy happens I can just forget whatever I accomplished during travel and return to my home lot and at least keep my family. I also collect the .backup files every so often, and move them out of the saves folder to a back up folder in Documents.

Another habit I've gotten into... as my sims travel A LOT, is when my sims "land" (both to destination and return home), I immediately "save as", then quit via task manager... delete caches (which I do on almost every start up) and clean the save manually with s3pe. I can't get Kuree's Save Cleaner to work for me for some reason.

I actually like having my sims' kids prom pics on the fireplace, but it's a PITA to track them down and separate them.

5 hours ago, James2112 said:

assigning a female call girl roll to a npc in town

4 hours ago, landess said:

(LadySmoks is a proponent of using Maids successfully)

There are different kinds of "whores". I use maids and butlers as my brothel whores, as they do not seem to "disappear" as some NPCs do. Not sure about assigning them as call girls, but would image they are safe for that also.

The problem is that the game may move an NPC to another city? So, then the game continues to see them as active, while not being able to find them and you get instantiation errors... at least, I do. Maids and butlers seem okay, despite the old issue of butlers not showing up after a while. A trick is to put an apartment somewhere in your town. Now, butlers have an address you can go to and fire them.

Does that "save as", or overwrite the previous save? Or, it's just a prompt???

NRaas 'Saver' has several settings one can tune. My own set up for this and how it works is:

Every 1/2 hour the game will Pause (you can change the mod - pause on save/after load) I have both enabled. One can also set the time the mod auto-prompts for a save (I use 1/2 hour - Real Time)

The save prompt comes up: Save As    - NRaas Saver adds a 1 to the end of the saved game name. Then for me, It will cycle through 2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2, - So I always have 4 saves in sequence of the same series AND the original save name if not deleted. It will automatically add the next proper # if the prompt comes up. On a Manually 'save as' - the prompt shows the last save, so I just advance it to the next in the series myself.

I'll get engrossed in something and the game will suddenly pause/zoom out to map view (another setting choice/loading the game requires 'less' graphical fidelity while everything loads) and prompt me to save. I find it both annoying and comforting as this has made any lock-ups, crashes, or other problem only have me lose up to 1/2 hour real time - I can live with that. I also disable it while in build/buy mode since I don't want the game to load in during that state of play. Longer than 1/2 hour? The prompt will come up after pausing as soon as I go 'Live' again.

Oh... a sim needs the attractive trait for that option.

I believe one can also change the KW/Debug/Attraction setting. 7 and above is the magic number I believe - easy enough to test. I noticed sometimes Sims with above average attractiveness sometimes get a negative moodlet. It's not outrageous, so I ignore it (like -5 or -10 I forget). I'm pretty sure it's tied to certain traits but I have yet to try and pin it down as it isn't obvious which/why....

I'll add NPC's won't have the KW/Debug/Set attraction option on the radial menu wheel.....

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Does that "save as", or overwrite the previous save? Or, it's just a prompt??? I generally "save as" several times (usually after completion of an event or goal), and after 10 or 12 saves, when I know I have a couple of stable saves, will go back and delete older saves in the series. When my sims travel (which is often) I always leave 1 or 2 home saves, just in case, so if something buggy happens I can just forget whatever I accomplished during travel and return to my home lot and at least keep my family. I also collect the .backup files every so often, and move them out of the saves folder to a back up folder in Documents.

The one I'm using has options, including frequency and the number of saves to keep.  It works quite well.  It only saves when in live mode.  If you're in build/buy mode it waits until you go back to live.

https://modthesims.info/d/445455/grim-s-the-sims-3-auto-save-non-core-in-game-tunable-updated-for-1-50-56.html

23 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

But seriously, I also hate when you spend time making a sim (or a town edit) and a glitch messes up the save.

I hate it when it happens during saving in CAS or finishing it and it crashes, hasn't happened often since I cleaned up my mods but rarely it'll crash out of nowhere. Not sure if I missed a step in cleaning up my cache?

So here's the dope on my efforts to start a career as a drug dealer (pun intended).  It works.  You can create demand and make $$$.

1.  Give sims several joints.

2.  Get them to smoke them using the "Dare to smoke joint" interaction.

3.  About 14 16 hrs later they get the "drug withdrawl" moodlet.  This induces them to smoke another (which is why you give them several in the first place and not just one).

4.  Landess and I were both wrong - there is a way to sell drugs directly.  Use the "Offer shady goods" interaction.

5.  The produce stand also works.  I set it up in the park and stocked it with joints and cannabis herb (along with various other produce) and Sims are buying them.

What I don't know yet is whether I can get a large fraction of the town hooked to sustain a steady business.  It will take some time and a lot of pushing to find that out.  To be sure, I could be making a lot more selling the drugs at the consignment store, but this is way more fun.

All I need now is a big pink Caddilac.

16 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Oh... a sim needs the attractive trait for that option.

Yeah although in the instance I was referring to it had stopped working. But just to clarify, I had assigned a npc as a callgirl through KW Debug by clicking on the sim. KW then starting ramping up the WooHoo skill... For whatever reason that sim seemed to be flagged as on a call (they were not) and a bunch of things stopped working including not being able to interact with whores or seduce. I have never been able to get a female callgirl to show in the list when making a call from the phone, if the sim calling was also female. Regardless of assigning gender preferences etc... Assigning the callgirl to that npc (through KW Debug) finally allowed the call to work, but perhaps it's not a solution as it broke a bunch of things, which I reset successfully with nrass.