[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

12 hours ago, midland_key said:

downloaded yesterday my first CC world (Los Aniegos

Curious what you think of it?

It's my longest load save series, but I've mentioned the reasons for that, so I usually only play that when ready for some long play sessions. Regardless, the world itself amazes me - there are so many angles to use for role play, and just playing in general. The beaches, clubs, different feelings the zones give. Big city, burbs, couple of high value property areas, farmlands, lower class housing, and the Boardwalk. Besides all that, there are good jogging areas, as well as points of interest. And it's hard to believe with all of that, there's also plenty of just nothing which helps make it seem even bigger. I've been hesitant to try and add diving spots but that would be the icing on the cake given the great amount of locations the surrounding waters provide.

Finally, the residents.... some of the best themed Sims as well - most every Los Angeles cliched archetype is represented with a decent 'Mexican' population. Good place to play a Lifeguard as well since the weather is decent year round (Custom weather for that world if one uses Seasons) Even the heat creates that wavering atmospheric illusion associated with deserts/mirages. I think fog gets used a lot to simulate smog as well. Snowboarding in bikini's during 'winter'? No problem.....

Setra is another amazing world - Cairo themed but not quite as open or well populated but still worth having in ones options. But that's for another post.

Needless to say - I find Los Aniegos perfect for KW.

Screenshot-260.jpg.b3de03a032b7fee0b479a70287eabfce.jpgScreenshot-271.jpg.03f28fe156cae33a02f6c53188c3e7d1.jpg

On 11/3/2020 at 7:20 AM, midland_key said:

Sorry for being so long ?, hope it helps a bit...

Thx for the response dude, ill get to reading I guess... see you at page 1000 or something when I get caught up
The downside of being several years late to the party is that so many links and images are unavailable

On 11/3/2020 at 9:38 AM, landess said:

I don't know if it's a Covid thing, or an age thing, but 2020 has seen more lazy people posting for help which has already been solved/referenced/discussed several times

Path of least resistance, my dear senior. It costs less to ask and potentially get an answer (tho I do apologies, I get irritated when I get asked the same thing repeatedly)

Also kindly not lump all of humanity with me, there is only one idiot asking you a dumb question whereas there may be 50 others quietly reading through the 400th page

1 hour ago, joshshmoe said:

many links and images are unavailable

I've been slowly trying to gather some helpful links in one place, and I have tested the links. As of yesterday, all work. ))) I will add more as time permits.

8 hours ago, joshshmoe said:

many links and images are unavailable

If you find yourself stopped by this then by all means mention it so others don't waste time. Perhaps we can find new information, or at least post what we know concerning the missing link information. Sharing is caring. (hehe - 'missing links', we get a few of those around here)

8 hours ago, joshshmoe said:

Also kindly not lump all of humanity with me, there is only one idiot asking you a dumb question

I'd like to point out your quote of mine wasn't in any reply to a post of yours, just for the record. Also the context of the statement - As a veteran on this website I believe this statement holds water, I simply made an observation....

Like you mentioned - many others could be silently reading, and knowing this is why I try to post stuff for anyone reading, not just the person I reply to. There should be some information in my replies that tie into the post to begin with, but while I have peoples 'attention', I tend to toss in a bit more for others sake.

Yes, I'm senior, and therefore my skin is typically thicker than the usual sheltered safespace individuals our society has been spitting out lately. I'm too old to change, but that doesn't make my knowledge any less useful. I suggest to those with a weaker constitution than my own to simply filter through what I say, find what you can use, and move on.

Screenshot-570.jpg.d8b49e80caf0e95cdce036598f7ab876.jpg

On 11/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, landess said:

Curious what you think of it?

I love it ? I'll come back to you on the topic you started about Populating Custom Worlds in a couple of days in order to not pollute this one too much.

I'm always amazed by the quality of the screenshots you drop here and there! They just make me feel like going deeper in the game ?

11 hours ago, joshshmoe said:

see you at page 1000 or something when I get caught up

If you follow LadySmoks' links, take it step by step, save in-game and back-up a lot, I'm sure we'll see you around before that  ? If it took me half a year to have a decent game, it's just because I'm very slow and lazy as hell ?

4 hours ago, TRK93 said:

just the Sims 3 version of Wicked Whims?

Basically as Clydie said... The first version of KW was posted on LL almost 1 1/2 years before WW was posted... Going by the when comments began on the two threads.

12 hours ago, sim333 said:

Is there a way to get a tourist into the CAS? They do not have this item in Advanced, for some reason ..

No, Tourists are copies of Sims from Vacation worlds, just as player Sims are also 'copies' while in vacation worlds - although player Sims do have more options. Remember the difference between NPC's and Inactives - a player can't 'switch to' a Sim from a vacation world. This makes them an NPC - but they seem to be Inactives since the location treats them as such with schedules, homes, families. One can customize NPC's, as long as they exist in the world. A Player can't select an NPC from the 'known sims' tab to customize if they are NPC/Not currently in the game world.

These mechanics are why World Adventures needed a whole different set of mods as it does things not normally found in the base game/EP's.

If you find that (tourist) Sim while in their 'home world', you can customize them while there, and if the game chooses to make them a tourist while you are back home, they will keep the appearance you set for them while they 'were at home'.

So anyone could conceivably customize ALL Sims in the vacation worlds, and then ALL tourists would be customized. Pretty sure this would impact the Save file size considerably, but shouldn't impact the game memory used much since most information from those worlds wouldn't be used in their entirety all at once. Traveling would take a bit longer to load obviously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KW is based on WW? Classic case of putting the cart before the horse......

12 hours ago, sim333 said:

Is there a way to get a tourist into the CAS?

I was waiting and hoping landess knew a secret. ))) 

IF... you're problem is similar to what I have seen lately, and KW is adding bras or Nraas Dresser is adding make up and accessories that look like poop, you can use Dresser to either "reroll" or remove. But, I don't know of a way to take them into CAS, and was hoping landess did.

49 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

don't know of a way to take them into CAS, and was hoping landess did

Yep. The only way I know/understand is for any NPC to be active in THEIR home world. We can't change NPC copies visually*. Of course one can affect a copies association status as a tourist, and that will reflect in the 'known sims' menu and when you see them in their own town/world. This is because the status is part of the active sims records with Inactives and NPC's reacting to the player controlled household Sims status.

So one can befriend a tourist, and that Sim will still be your friend (game rules withstanding) when you see them again. On the flip side, 'raping' a tourist (if possible) which happens to be a quest-giver in another world would have undesirable consequences.

This is one of the reality/simulation flaws with the game. In reality an individual may hold a higher or lower opinion of another which isn't the same as the other individual has about the first one. In the Sims 3 - they are always the same, based on the Active Sims records.

*visually - I should say take them into CAS

27 minutes ago, landess said:

in THEIR home world.

But, if KW or Dresser has added some awful accessories, they can be rerolled, or removed with Dresser. I think Dresser will also reroll outfits, but only everyday, as I think that's technically all they have as tourists. I don't do it, as Dresser too often makes bad to worse!

25 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

technically all they have as tourists

I believe you are correct. If a player Sim invites a Sim from another world to visit and stay for 3 days iirc, they have a different status as Guest, and not Tourist.

I have had tourist's turned off for years now, but am trying to remember if I've ever seen them at beach's/pools or other places where they would autonomously change outfit categories......

I have tourists turned off because the game assigns them to the total number of Sims a community lot will hold, and because I don't find them as interesting as the Sims in my hometown.

51 minutes ago, landess said:

I don't find them as interesting as the Sims in my hometown.

One of my game killers is that I love to travel. I know it isn't helping, but I currently have ITF and WA on... although this family hasn't gone WA yet. The reason I mentioned KW or Dresser adding bras, or whatever, is because I dressed one of my sim's decedents while ITF, and she shows up as a time tourist with a KW bra. Dresser remove accessories fixed it. Too often, reroll is worse than you started with, and after 10 tries, I just remove all anyway!

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

time tourist with a KW bra

I can't be certain of the build version for the debug feature - But I know there exists an option to 'remove all underwear' which works like remove all accessories in Dresser, but only for Underwear - so all other accessories remain equipped. Since I've been messing with a newer version than uploaded here, sometimes the little things like this become hard for me to Identify.

Also I have 2 options to deal with outfits, but still am unsure how they work. One is a 'realtime' outfit manager, and the other is clothing options, both found in my KW settings, but in different locations. Since I don't use KW uniforms anymore, this may be why I don't notice an immediate difference.

One script calls for the undressing during Woohoo. Another for wearing underwear for the 'timid'. Yet something must also control uniforms. So without 'proper' documentation, it falls to the users to discover the extent of these settings affects upon the mod/game.

>Disclaimer: Following shot used newer build than uploaded here at LL - therefore some elements represented will be different from builds 399, 375 and earlier.

options.png.95066f6a99c840d5f894005e6a60ae80.png

For those curious about this Sim's inspiration: DASD-434.jpg And is the center subject in my 'Dance' pics just uploaded. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73944-post-your-adult-sim-pics-here/?do=findComment&comment=3188755

Hi all!

I recently re-installed sims 3 and would love this kinky world mod. I have sims 4 with a few mods (ww, basemental) already installed on my 12 gb RAM pc BUT, I am scared that this may take up too much RAM because I heard that sims 3 is ''ram-hungry''. I also want to install Roaring Heights ASAP. Can anyone please tell me if KW will be ok. I have about 6gb ram left. I tried asking on mod the sims but they just took the piss no one answered lol.

cheers!!

1 hour ago, Too_Funky1987 said:

sims 3 is ''ram-hungry''.

The game can only use what the game allows, which is 2GB. You can increase this a bit by canging the numbers in the Sims3 Configurations Setting found in your C:Program files, but a 32 bit game uses what a 32 bit uses. Besides... you plan on running both games at the same time?

Or are you asking about hard drive space??????

More can be found on links found here....

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

are you asking about hard drive space??????

The quote below tells me no.

3 hours ago, Too_Funky1987 said:

already installed on my 12 gb RAM pc

3 hours ago, Too_Funky1987 said:

I have about 6gb ram left.

Having 50% constant memory usage doesn't sound right. When I have a lot of things running like: a huge game, Steam, Oculus, VorpX, the internet browser open with several tabs active, I probably max out around 30% Memory usage on 16GB ram memory.

>Since you have the Sims 4, compare the required/recommended between the 2. That will assure you.

As for KW - As LadySmoks mentioned - The game has a hard cap on the amount of memory it can use - this is a problem with 32bit games in a 64bit environment. They can't reach a systems potential. A mod may increase a games base memory usage causing it to crash, but the game can NEVER go over it's cap (this is the reason for those memory related crashes). Most of the time one will get an Error 12 while trying to save (the game is currently using more 'memory' than a save is allowed to 'keep').

Hard drive space used by the game file system can be way more than any memory caps of RAM running the Sims 3 executable. Here is an old shot I made of my 'Documents' folder where mods go for example.

1127323452_DesktopSims3properties.png.293e05a68820227905ac70fd35117771.png

And now...   See? The game runs the same for me as long as I maintain my Save files properly,

now.png.6c3c741cd104ec7a273fc6aedfe7c728.png

FYI: I have 2 separate Package Folders within my Mods folder - to run 2 different 'versions' of the game so one of these folders is 'name-changed' and the game only reads the normal one. This is why the Mod folder looks bigger than it is for transparency. I also have a ton of save files, screenshots, and saved sims. But one gets the idea - Hard drive isn't RAM.....

2 hours ago, landess said:

The quote below tells me no.

Just after thinking about it, seemed an odd question to ask about RAM usage if he has 12GB, but seemed to be talking more about the size of TS3 + TS4 + mods, which would not be using RAM at the same time to worry about.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

seemed to be talking

Yeah, there was also another post by the same member, about the same thing, in another section. I decided to PC 101 in that reply, because like you said, it's an odd question. If my suspicions are correct, then it explains everything and really follows several statements you've made previously.

Most every game in a series requires better systems or at least have higher requirements as the series progresses. I never once thought that an older game may need more resources than a more recent version.....  Even IF we're talking about the Sims 3.

It is somewhat good to feel justified in not going forward with the Sims 4 when so many players are returning to 3 with the same complaints and observations. Maybe 2009 WAS the greatest era for gaming with mods......  It certainly seems to have gone downhill from there with every company whom supported making games which were highly 'mod-able' during that time frame pushing harder to 'own' the modding scene or make it harder for gamer's in general with constant mod breaking patches and UNNECESSARY online connections.

27 minutes ago, landess said:

Yeah, there was also another post by the same member

I saw it, but only answer one time. My son is 8 years in 4 days... I get enough repeat questions at home! ))))) I am a bit confused about his reference to only 6GB RAM left? As I has said, you usually only run one game at a time.

TS3 is an awful game for computers because it is 32 bit, with 128 bit of poop stuffed inside! It's a constant balance act between play and appearance... and CC, and other mods. But, as I always say... easier to pull a trailer with a truck than a Volkswagon. I may get my other laptop back tomorrow. But, the new one loads the game with all my CC in less than 5 mins. A few times, in 3!

12 hours ago, Too_Funky1987 said:

... I have about 6gb ram left. ...

This is just for general info, all 32bit programs in Win 7 through 10 have a hard limit of 4GB-- So the Sims 3 will not use more than that. (Assuming that you are using windows... Not Linux or some other OS)

10 hours ago, Fizwalker said:

a hard limit of 4GB

Sims 3 limits itself to 2GB for whatever reason EA had for doing that. There are ways to change it, but results vary as to how well they actually work.