[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

8 hours ago, merkle said:

"Offer shady goods"

Ah! My sims always have that option, but I never have shady goods, so never thought about it to suggest to you.

8 hours ago, merkle said:

It will take some time

Well, realism, yes? Drug kingpins don't happen overnight. Pink Cadillac? Of course, ask the CC whore landess!!! ))))))))

3 hours ago, James2112 said:

not being able to interact with whores

Has any of your sims ever been able to solicit a whore of any kind? I have never been able to click on a whore and get anything other than regular woohoo, which all whores reject. At the same time, my brothel whores constantly solicit my sims when I'm not controlling a particular sim.

13 hours ago, merkle said:

"Offer shady goods"

Try it with Blue Sky, and get back to me  :P There's not even an option for it with the criminal warehouse - as if OnikiKay started putting it in game, and then decided 'fuck it' when needing to add it to the other scripts as well.....

13 hours ago, merkle said:

All I need now is a big pink Caddilac

11 from the bottom: 

Screenshot-216.jpg.c3ecd9e27e9b36971c201c219151e49d.jpg

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

ask the CC whore landess!

Flattery will get you everywhere.

18 hours ago, mary266 said:

eys1

Seeing as your response here has given you the necessary 2 post minimum and you have immediately added an avatar at 2 posts I'd say I'm pretty much spot on........

Spoiler

1 hour ago, landess said:

Flattery will get you everywhere.

I knew you had that Cadillac from some of your pics!

1 hour ago, landess said:

2 post minimum and you have immediately added an avatar

Well, as for @mary266's other post on Zelda was absolute genius!!! 5 or 6 letters and numbers! Perhaps the moderators may wish to up the avatar ante a bit? After 5 or 10 posts in 2 minutes after joining, that are just gibberish, it would be easier to call it spam and delete them... although a moderator seeing those 2 posts might delete them anyway. I would... but I'm a Princess!!!

1 hour ago, msinukami said:

How do I register animations? I'm getting confused on that part...

Every animation on LL, the animator posted instructions on how to install them. 

7 hours ago, landess said:

11 from the bottom: 

You rock, landess!!

Screenshot-3.jpg.932a27a90a1178145ef59811c2d7ae12.jpg

BTW, have you figured out the other two colors to edit?  Obviously the first is the body color.  I assumed one was the interior color, but no.  I tried changing both and couldn't see any differences.

Also, has anyone figured out how to edit prices of objects in inventory?  The cannabis herb sells for 399 and the joint sells for 1.  This makes no sense.  I tried editing the price in the cannabis.package file using S3PE but it didn't seem to have any  effect.  Wait...there are two different prices:  one for selling directly to other sims using the Offer Shady Goods, and another for selling at the produce stand.   Changing the package file changes only the latter.  Where do the other prices come from?

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Every animation on LL, the animator posted instructions on how to install them. 

I asked because I don't think the OP was changed to reflect the 'Now Included Default Animations' - which the OP still has on the recommended mod list. So if they were going to mention any of those, I was going to just tell them not to worry, they already got them.... Faster than going over that shit again!

I'm tempted to make a signature with that Star Trek clip showing the Pakkled attempts for help from the Enterprise. Because this thread feels like that more than I'd like.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

BTW, have you figured out the other two colors to edit?

We can only edit channels selected by the creator of mods, unless one wants to 'mod the mod'. I've seen lot's of things which appear in CAST to be editable, but selecting them makes no difference - pattern, color, nor shade are affected.

2 hours ago, merkle said:

colors to edit?

Some times, an object or garment might be the choice of the modder as set in an overlay, and a gray channel is left open for the multiplier which may or may not change tone, but not the actual color so much. Just one possibility as I don't have that car.

2 hours ago, landess said:

We can only edit channels selected by the creator of mods, unless one wants to 'mod the mod'. I've seen lot's of things which appear in CAST to be editable, but selecting them makes no difference - pattern, color, nor shade are affected.

We're talking about these things, right?  I've never seen one before where these didn't connect to anything.

image.png.f960d5c5a2c51dabb73f42c2b882b48c.png

A word about errors while saving (don't know if it was '12'). I've had it frequently (especially when I played for quite a time) until I increased ingame 'RAM usage'. So as i thought this error was due to the game using all the 'RAM usage' capacity assigned to it.
Tutorial here: https://cloudwalkersims.tumblr.com/post/63397207980/if-you-have-more-than-4-gb-of-ram-you-can-give

Also I had game crashes when switching to desktop and it happened very often while in CAS. When I switched to windowed mode it ended.

7 hours ago, merkle said:

I've never seen one before where these didn't connect to anything.

A lot I haven't seen too, but yes... it IS possible those are dead, and the multiplier is covered by an overlay. I'll download it and look.

1 hour ago, jarob said:

i Use the 408

Well, we don't have that build here. But, usually when the mod doesn't load at all, it's because you installed something wrong.

A lot I haven't seen too, but yes... it IS possible those are dead, and the multiplier is covered by an overlay. I'll download it and look.

Well, we don't have that build here. But, usually when the mod doesn't load at all, it's because you installed something wrong.

well thanks but I already checked like everything even installed the sims 3 new 

2 hours ago, jarob said:

I already checked like everything

Obviously "like" not everything if it doesn't work on your machine, as the mod itself works, and 99.9% of it not working is because someone didn't read the instructions, or did something wrong, or put something in the wrong place.

You pop in and ask why KW isn't working, and aside from saying you're using a Patreon build that we don't have here, you tell us nothing.

Try going to a doctor and saying, "It hurts". A bit more sharing from you might go a bit further toward a solution... don't you think?

6 hours ago, jarob said:

theres no pie menue or anything else

Define this: Is it only the KW radial menu option which is missing, or the menu itself no longer appears making the game completely unplayable? 

Upon 1st installing KW, depending on the processing power of your machine, it takes a short time for it to accrue the assets in your individual game set-up (no 2 set-ups are alike between systems/mod use).

Once this is done in the radial menu a Kinky World option appears. This will have the Register option. Use it to 'self-install' Kinky World into your currently played game/save. Do this for every save you want KW to run in. Reverse this process if removing KW, Un-register it first, before making a save and quitting - then remove the mod from the folder - or you will most likely corrupt that save for future use. You must once again do this (UN-REGISTER before removal) for EVERY save using KW. After KW registers, a second menu option will appear simply called Kinky, along with the Kinky World  option (this can vary depending on object selected).

Once the game registers KW it will scan all objects in that save (happens at the beginning of the game load EVERY TIME) and apply scripts to them last after the game has applied every other mod. This is a forced override feature to try and make KW have the last word, but some mods like NRaas are also 'CORE' mods, which changes how the game reads it's own information as well, so it can get dicey until one is familiar with their game and both mods. Even then - nothings perfect. If you get freaked out when things aren't perfect, I suggest stepping away from this mod now.

This is how KW loads into the game - Since you have this problem and 99.9% of other users report no such thing it's something at your end, like it or not, so get over it and try to figure out why your install is acting up. People will help, but you have to do some of the work as well - meaning understanding PC's, The Sims 3, Mod usage, etc. Then we can speak a common language and sort out what you may be overlooking. Don't make me post the Snape GIF again declaring there will be no silly wand-waving. :) 

12 hours ago, merkle said:

We're talking about these things, right?

Yeppers! If they do nothing, then there's 'nothing' they do. Mod makers aren't perfect either - shit happens sometimes. Take it or leave it - That's my outlook on Mods after years of use. I gave up crying years ago and I wish others would as well. This last part isn't directed at you Merkle. I just see the same whining and foot stomping when things don't go the way some 'users' want all too often and it changes NOTHING. So yeah - as you download more and more shit, you'll find CC when taken into CAST will have channels that either don't 'work', or change very little. Clothing is usually the biggest offender, but it's a CAST thing, not a clothing thing - depending on the creator's 'wishes'.

10 hours ago, Anophilius said:

A word about errors while saving (don't know if it was '12'). I've had it frequently (especially when I played for quite a time) until I increased ingame 'RAM usage'. So as i thought this error was due to the game using all the 'RAM usage' capacity assigned to it.
Tutorial here: https://cloudwalkersims.tumblr.com/post/63397207980/if-you-have-more-than-4-gb-of-ram-you-can-give

Also I had game crashes when switching to desktop and it happened very often while in CAS. When I switched to windowed mode it ended.

The Sims 3 on Windows OS is a 32bit program - Nothing will change that at the users end. Understanding the limits of a 32bit program will help the user identify what they can and can't do to improve the way the game runs on their system. There are limits to what the game is capable of given this fact. Without knowing how things work regardless of wild claims from uninformed individuals can lead to confusion and frustration. Things like cleaning the save can cut down on the amount of memory a save contains as once game usage hits either 3.4GB or 3.6GB (I forget off the top of my head) one will begin getting the dreaded Error 12.

Using Task Manager to monitor memory usage can help if one is near the limit used by a particular save to anticipate a problem and make the save before the error triggers. It's better to try and get the memory usage down through cleaning, removal of mods which add bloat (user choice), and overall save use due to many customized characters with multiple outfits and lot's with intense amounts of Detail - This is one reason the Sims 4 doesn't have the CAST system used by 3. The Sims 4 is closer to a console game, than a PC game.....

The less memory a save uses, the faster it loads, and the better the chances of an Error 12 not occurring after using CAS and Build/Buy (which the game doesn't properly clear from memory after usage). Travelling (world adventures) is another issue to understand on how the game 'mis-manages' memory.

Kinky World IS one of those mods which increase memory usage drastically and isn't recommended on 'potato' systems as even EA recommends not running ALL EP's at once (which I myself do, along with a ton of mods - on a VR ready system using an Nvidia 1080) so yeah - mileage will vary by user.....

Once again I'll point out - there's a reason consoles exist - PC's aren't for everyone, since it takes an effort to understand things once limits are reached which consoles are designed to avoid.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

something else

landess uses Kuree's Save Cleaner. For some reason, I can't get it to work. No clue why... obviously, or I would get it to work. So, I clean my saves manually, using s3pe. Set save files to open with s3pe, and they open as any package. Then delete all IMGs, SNAPs and ICONs. It can cut a save file size in half. Doing this will delete prom pics and photos from the phone, but if the choice is those or a code 12, b-bye prom pic!!! ))))

And, if you already knew all this, it's there for someone else who may not. 

landess uses Kuree's Save Cleaner. For some reason, I can't get it to work. No clue why... obviously, or I would get it to work. So, I clean my saves manually, using s3pe. Set save files to open with s3pe, and they open as any package. Then delete all IMGs, SNAPs and ICONs. It can cut a save file size in half. Doing this will delete prom pics and photos from the phone, but if the choice is those or a code 12, b-bye prom pic!!! ))))

And, if you already knew all this, it's there for someone else who may not. 

Does it also delete photos from inventory?  If not you could always move the photos from your phone to inventory before saving.  Phones fill up pretty fast anyway.