[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

12 minutes ago, jenyeah said:

Well, same for me (I bought all Discs for EPs), but I had turned off auto update for Sims 3 after Origin registration (which was some long time ago).

I had it off too, but laptops dying and reloading on a new one, and being stupid and buggering files... Well, Origin got me!

Hey, go check the downloads. I just uploaded 3 files you may or may not like. Cheerleader Outfits, af and tf, and panties. )

Don't know if it's your thing, but I'll also be uploading a Harley Quinn version of the cheerleader outfit, probably tomorrow, or maybe later tonight.

26 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I had it off too, but laptops dying and reloading on a new one, and being stupid and buggering files... Well, Origin got me!

Hey, go check the downloads. I just uploaded 3 files you may or may not like. Cheerleader Outfits, af and tf, and panties. )

Don't know if it's your thing, but I'll also be uploading a Harley Quinn version of the cheerleader outfit, probably tomorrow, or maybe later tonight.

Oh, ok, cool, I will check it out.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Origin stole my paid for disks.

I'm having trouble reading between the lines here. I'm guessing by 'disks', you don't actually mean CD/DVD.

>All my Sims 3 IS on physical media which requires no internet connection. Had to shop Amazon to finish my collection after going to Walmart, buying 2 EP's, and having them immediately phone home to EA in an attempt to bushwack me.  I'm not afraid to grab the modem and unplug it in a heartbeat.

. . . . . . .

.   .   .   .   .   .

Okay, had to take long slow deep breaths.

Origin. Of what? Evil?

Even now, if I open my launcher for what ever reason, (verifying Version #) when I 'try' to close it, I'm notified there's still downloads in progress, do I want to...   FUCK YOU DIE NOW! Thank you Task Manager. You're my Hero! That why I have you open during most gaming sessions. I might not be able to thoroughly kill the Internet attempts, but I CAN take a hand off.   'Yes' I have the no launcher/disk mods. 

I knew getting rid of Origins constant presence was key to being able to enjoy the Sims 3 without fear of corporate assassination.

32 minutes ago, landess said:

I'm having trouble reading between the lines here. I'm guessing by 'disks', you don't actually mean CD/DVD.

Oh yes, I bought the CD years ago, and it worked fine. But something happened, and now Origin has infested my game and it won't install properly without going online to finish... and then Origin updates everything. 1.69 isn't too bad.

I don't play online either, but Origin is still in the system somehow... like a virus! I have to login to my own game... and I'm offline!!!!! I use Nraas "No CD". This laptop doesn't even have a drive.

I had the entire patch download that stopped at 1.67, but, it's probably lost on a dead laptop.

Unplug the modem. Do a new install after copying the entire sims 3 folders to a back up (x86 and docs)

If you can install the disks without being online (digital download) using the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx codes found on the game manuals, then you don't need Origin. or Online.

Of course use the all in one 1.67 patch I linked.

The digital download 'disks' (don't make me laugh) are Origins doorway into older Sims installations.

@LadySmoks since you have no 'drive', this is a problem.

6 minutes ago, landess said:

since you have no 'drive', this is a problem.

Nah... I have an external drive. I've gotten to where I have Stockholm syndrome and almost tolerate my tormentor... Origin...

I just have to remember to never start my game while online. That's when they load your files with store crap. Once its passed the first load screen, I can be online with no worries. My game is running now. Making drag queen stuff! Need to do something silly for fun. ))) Men's (queen's) rhinestone sandals, a semi mini skirt, a gown! )))

On 2/16/2020 at 2:52 AM, landess said:

On page 584 there's a 450MB video file waiting to be deleted as soon as enough people get a look :) Yes, limits... I wasn't sure if the site would take it (no sound playing through the browser - need to DL it. Options lower right while playing).

Interesting, thank you Landess for letting me know.

By the way, nice video. Looks like a lot of work until finished. Take shots, cutting a.s.o.

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

Looks like a lot of work

It gave me a better understanding of what Film/TV does as a whole. I had to come up with a concept, 'cast Sims' (pun intended), and film at locations. Next, begin the construction process by laying down the soundtrack (music video style for this) and choosing clips. Chopping the clips to fit time marks with the music, and repeating a few just as music repeats chorus/etc. Continue until the sound track is filled with video, then go back and tweak it further by chopping more, and inserting more till enough is enough  :) 

I went back to my original work folder for this - Including the finished video(s), both compressed and normal, there are 101 files in it. Many not used. I'd be curious how much film lay on the editing room floor for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.... 20 hours? 100?

A story board's use is obvious once anyone starts something like this as an efficient time saving device. For a 4 minute clip, it wasn't as problematic as 2-3 hours would be.

I finally got past the majority of RDR2, and now feel like I can take a break from it and get a little Sim gaming back into my life. New content to make KW sing some more.

KW seems to always be in development. The newest version is only on the pay site Patreon. It looks like Oniki has done about 5 or 6 newer versions since releasing 399 as public here.

Every new release has new features and fixes for the new features in the version before it that didn't work right. landess and I have stayed with build 375.

9 hours ago, lilithvampyr said:

it doesnt work for me

Not a very descriptive assessment of the problem you're having. 

Did you turn your computer on??? People here will help you, but you really do need to provide a little more info.

10 hours ago, lilithvampyr said:

it doesnt work for me

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

but you really do need to provide a little more info.

Be sure to include which "it" you are actually talking about.  A link to exactly what/which file(s) you downloaded would be great.  (There are 2 separate downloads on the 1st post, as well as, a few other files scattered in posts in this thread.  All versions work to varying degrees.)

I'm making the completely out of the blue assumption that you grabbed a .7z file, tossed it into your Mods folder & expected magic.  There's plenty of others who have done that, so don't feel too bad.  If you're relatively new to computers, you might not know 7z is an extension that represents the 7-zip compression format.  Heck, if you are a basic Windows or OS/X user you might not even know what an extension is.

Modding, in general, is not really something for the beginner.  It can be done, but your learning curve will be very hard and frustrating as you encounter things ranging from very low level technical terms to slightly higher level concepts.  KW is much more challenging than 99% of other mods out there.  Another assumption is that you've stumbled upon this mod from some discussion elsewhere, and that you've used a few things from modthesims.  Therefore you already have created a working mods folder structure and the necessary files for loading any put into that folder.  If not, say so, someone can link you to one of the many guides on how to create all that.  But I'm assuming that you already have that set up.

KW requires that you not just toss the files into the mods directory, you have to activate it.  If that is something new to you, please do yourself a favor and carefully read the 1st post fully (multiple times, if necessary... it actually was to me, but that was there is just so much info there).  There's nearly 590 pages of information in this thread, the site's search does work (although I seem to have to select "This Topic" on the pop-over search box each time).  Do that with what issues you're encountering, you may be surprised that others already had your issue.

If you have working other mods, and installed the multiple *.package files for KW included in the compressed distribution in the same mods\packages path, and you have clicked on a sim, chose 'Kinky World' | Settings | Activate, then let us know what "doesn't work" for you.

One last thing:  do not use the 0.3 version that is a text link towards the bottom of the 1st post.  Either use the "build399" version that is the white download box or the version that landess posted a page two pages back (here).  There's small issues with every version out there, thus the phrase "Work In Progress" at the very top of the 1st post.  The 7z file you downloaded should be close to 11 MB in size, if it's much smaller, then you have such an old and broken version, that not many will (be able or want to) help.

Maybe something in there points you in the right direction on either 1) how to fix your issue; or 2) how to actually ask for help.  Sorry for being long-winded.  I needed a break from another writing project.  lol

50 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Modding, in general, is not really something for the beginner. 

Haha! Take your mods folder, set it on desktop and play... I give you 5... maybe 10 minutes before you shut it down and put your mods back in!!!

Sunset Valley... a sea of generic, vanilla sims with EA hair, EA clothes... and no woohooing on a pool table in a bar!!!! OY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sims was made for modding. ))))))

Anyway, you showed more patience for "it doesn't work for me" than I did.

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Haha! Take your mods folder, set it on desktop and play... I give you 5... maybe 10 minutes before you shut it down and put your mods back in!!!

Actually... I think that's how I started.  Did a whole week of play, or, however long it took to go through starting as a pair of young adults through death. Had to step away from TS3 for a few weeks after that. I made (probably a beginner mistake) one of the sims modelled after me & the other after a crush.  It hurt.  I sought out how to mitigate such pain after that by looking for ways to control things -- I'm kinda overly protective of my sims.

Ya know, all those "I'm a programmer" things were very humbling when I started & it took about 4 tries to get the damn mod folder framework to work.  There's a bad resource.cfg file floating around somewhere that I'd stumbled upon.

?‍♂️ Now @landess and @LadySmoks have me feeling like I came across like more of an ass than I was intending... :( 

50 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

have me feeling

Please don't read anything into anything. I come across as short of patience and a bit too direct IMO. Yet in my defence I feel Fluff and Stuff can distract from the task at hand. Here on the KW forums seems that too many new users for 'reasons?' won't self help as much as just 'gimme'. Yet others whom try end up with me going out of my way to help. You can always tell with the info included with the post.

Also: More than just the person I quoted will read something I post, and many times my wording is to anyone in general, not only the post being quoted. I try to use the @? for being very specific.

Repeating things is also a way to beat it into the heads of those whom seem to miss the information, and end up passing the post they actually NEED. I believe these in particular are the very things you've confused for criticism, when in fact they were redundant calls for others whom miss these things. Putting oil in a car doesn't mean one actually understands how it works - oops, wrong oil :P  so yeah, Modding isn't for beginners, but it only takes a little reading to get started.

Understanding how the sims 3 works, and how master controller and kinkyworld interact with it is WAY more complicated from a user standpoint.

41 minutes ago, mikapikafika said:

When I buy drugs, where do they go?

Check your mail box. Everything comes next day air. Almost like a simulation of life eh?  :)

Guess I should add - Mailbox for drugs ordered online, inventory for drugs bought at the store.

4 hours ago, landess said:

Please don't read anything into anything. I come across as short of patience and a bit too direct IMO. Yet in my defence I feel Fluff and Stuff can distract from the task at hand.

I suffer from self-doubt, over-analysis-paralysis, and over-analysis-regret. lol Probably caused by people I used to work with often getting butt-hurt about things that I said when I wasn't actually annoyed with them.

Some people have "resting bitch face".  I guess I have "calm pissed off tone".  ?  Or something like that.  :) 

34 minutes ago, mikapikafika said:

Then I am dumb. Thanks!

It's the delay & mailbox thing that has me always buying from the store.  And, actually, I use this mod so I can have them "go to the store" (so to speak) from their smartphone or computer, which is just because I'm lazy, or don't want to have to have them leave wherever they are to go shopping. http://modthesims.info/d/541640/online-center-v30-december-2nd-2014.html (It's kinda buried, so it's phone->online center->eshopping->shop for groceries, but it's still quicker with all those clicks than them physically going to the store.)

5 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I made (probably a beginner mistake) one of the sims modelled after me & the other after a crush.

And THAT is why my self sim, my husband sim and any sim I care about are all VAMPIRES!!! We don't die. ))) My game usually slows to the point where I have to start a new one, long before the "vampire aging on" kills anyone off. )))

I did try doing the "generations" thing one time, a few years ago, but just got bored by the third generation.

5 hours ago, jdw6 said:

?‍♂️ Now @landess and @LadySmoks have me feeling like I came across like more of an ass than I was intending... :(

Hope it wasn't something I wrote to make you feel that. When I wrote that I'm just a little dress maker and leave certain stuff to a programmer, I was serious... and not to be mean about it. There is stuff inside TS3 that I don't understand and probably never will, so we NEED people like you, who either know, or can figure it out!