[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

3 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Why isn't this getting updated? I'm waiting for that acting career, to reinstall the game. I check here time to time and it's been months.

Oniki is on Paetron... a pay site. For the most recent version of KW, you have to sign up there. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until she releases something as "public" here.

Since I'm content with build 375, I don't know when or if her next public release will be, or if the features you seek are even in the latest Paetron version.

11 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Why isn't this getting updated? I'm waiting for that acting career, to reinstall the game. I check here time to time and it's been months.

Reality check: This mod was created to make money. Because of legality, the mod must be made public. Because of the desire to make money the newest version(s) of the mod is hidden behind a patreon paywall. This could go on for many years till either EA, or some form of legal action is taken, or the attempt to profit ends, and the final version released to the public. Versions released here are just a way to find people to support this. Now you understand....

20 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

That seems like a misunderstanding? Maybe the whole saves file?

I know! It doesn't seem realistic. You have the entire game files being read, and used to create a game world based on the information located in the save files, all ending up with less memory used to actually run the game than needed to store this information in both places (game/save files).

You can read through this a bit to see it reflects our current conversation in more depth. http://modthesims.info/t/467931

For transparency, I'll list the size of both my 'mod' folder, and the default files created by EA to store sim3pack use.

Spoiler

950360638_sims3docfolder.png.acb9b167530cb45864932a75d61477ae.png1242474388_DCCcachesims3packs.png.11d8b1196763f57cda55ae8f6801ca74.png830691376_Sims3modfolder.png.86f8e38fa6817eb03f56cadb816c7ef5.png1079967477_sims3x86folder.png.b654bbf08403cfb5c13a3e2ca257262f.png

1 hour ago, landess said:

For transparency, I'll list the size of both my 'mod' folder, and the default files created by EA to store sim3pack use

I imagine the reason for the size of your C:Program files is that you have a lot of expansion and stuff packs? What you have for the mods folder is rather tame, at 2.49GB.

Maybe the 3GB save is they were looking at RAM usage on process monitor, because mine will run that high too some times. 3.15GB on my last save. But the save file size is still only 303MB now. It jumped because we went to France again. More double and triple img and snap files in the NDH package!

When I open the save file packages, they're a lot of SIMOs and SIMEs being stored for each world. Then a bunch of TXTC, TXTF and other files I don't know how to open, and aren't sure what they are. Imgs and snaps get deleted regularly and can cut a save in half.

Also, I have only a few things in my DCCache, but the dcdb0.dbc file is almost 1.2MB. I hadn't looked at it before. Wonder if removing all the imgs from there would speed things up?

9 hours ago, landess said:

Reality check: This mod was created to make money. Because of legality, the mod must be made public. Because of the desire to make money the newest version(s) of the mod is hidden behind a patreon paywall. This could go on for many years till either EA, or some form of legal action is taken, or the attempt to profit ends, and the final version released to the public. Versions released here are just a way to find people to support this. Now you understand....

I know! It doesn't seem realistic. You have the entire game files being read, and used to create a game world based on the information located in the save files, all ending up with less memory used to actually run the game than needed to store this information in both places (game/save files).

You can read through this a bit to see it reflects our current conversation in more depth. http://modthesims.info/t/467931

For transparency, I'll list the size of both my 'mod' folder, and the default files created by EA to store sim3pack use.

Reveal hidden contents

950360638_sims3docfolder.png.acb9b167530cb45864932a75d61477ae.png1242474388_DCCcachesims3packs.png.11d8b1196763f57cda55ae8f6801ca74.png830691376_Sims3modfolder.png.86f8e38fa6817eb03f56cadb816c7ef5.png1079967477_sims3x86folder.png.b654bbf08403cfb5c13a3e2ca257262f.png

Well, I know the system. It's just... Usually, people release it publicly after a couple of months. It seems this didn't get updated for 8 months and I thought it was abandoned.

10 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

you have a lot of expansion and stuff packs? What you have for the mods folder is rather tame, at 2.49GB.

All expansions, no stuff packs. Because my Los Aneigos save was closing in on 1/2 hour loads and getting error 12 or whatever the save error is, I went back in and started merging mods again - it had been close to 2 years since I did that last. Since I'm running basically the same game from 10 years ago, I have way more sims3packs installed then I would like, but those are what's in the DCC caches.

2 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Well, I know the system.

Yeah, didn't mean to come off so strong, but you're not the only one reading these posts if you get my drift. FYI, KinkyWorld has been put on the back burner since a second 'original' project has been started. So who knows? You may be correct - abandoned - only time or OnikiKay will tell.

3 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Well, I know the system. It's just... Usually, people release it publicly after a couple of months. It seems this didn't get updated for 8 months and I thought it was abandoned.

I started with making small changes to clothes CC for myself, then with the help of Josh Q, open bottom dresses that I've uploaded here. It can be tricky to get a mesh to do what you want when the original concept wasn't as you want it to be... having that issue with the morphs on something that I really would love to upload. I also dabbled in animations a couple years ago... and was awful at it. Never did scripting, but have looked at things out of curiosity. I can't imagine the time and effort involved in creating something like KW.

FYI, KinkyWorld has been put on the back burner since a second 'original' project has been started.

Sounds like me!

All expansions, no stuff packs. Because my Los Aneigos save was closing in on 1/2 hour loads and getting error 12 or whatever the save error is, I went back in and started merging mods again - it had been close to 2 years since I did that last. Since I'm running basically the same game from 10 years ago, I have way more sims3packs installed then I would like, but those are what's in the DCC caches.

I run WA, Generations and Late Night with High End Stuff. That's it for me. I have a game that fell into the slow load/ won't completely load category a few months ago after having played it for more than a year. It sucks! I also merged a bunch of packs, but still have that 350ish number in game... only 16 sims3packs, mostly houses. Have you ever tried Delphy's extractor to convert to packages? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Have you ever tried Delphy's extractor to convert to packages?

My original mods folder was ALL sims3packs. Before the idea of packages ever was conceived. 'Players' figured it out and created a whole new mod structure, bypassing the launcher. Surprisingly EA somehow adapted this into future versions, requiring everyone to make a small change to the file structure to what we use now.

For me to go into my sims3packs which I have thousands, and all use numbers for names just isn't practical, since I've attempted to use the DCCcache cleaning method I posted. To clarify: I'd have to open each and every one to see what it was, if I was still using it, and then change it from sims3pack to a package file. Then after merging them into fewer packages, place them properly, remove the DCCcache's, and pray the game starts so I don't lose 10+ years of character creation and save games.

I don't pray so this isn't an option. Thanks for posting for others to see if they aren't aware of the Delphy toolsets.

Screenshot-534.jpg.e4ed3c8cb93424fbf8e878fff7a1f2a6.jpg

Just noticed, both Sims are wearing converted Sims 2 hair....

Numbers for names? OY! Its a shame you set it up that way, but as you said, it was 10 years ago that you started.

For others, as you say, Delphy's tool can convert multiple sism3packs into packages at one time. I've done at least 20 at one time and it only took a second or two. I have no clue if the tool has a limit to what it can handle. You can take s3packs from one folder and direct the tool to put the packages into another folder, otherwise, if you dump them into the same folder, you'll have s3pack, package, s3pack, package, alternating and a pain in the butt to separate.

The tool will give the package the same name as the s3pack, and will transfer thumbnails.

OF COURSE, SAVE YOUR GAME AND MAKE A COPY BEFORE SUBSTITUTING THE FILES!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, you can merge packages (if you wish), uninstall the s3packs from the launcher and check your game. )

4 hours ago, landess said:

Just noticed, both Sims are wearing converted Sims 2 hair....

I just noticed they look like Josh Q shoes! )

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Numbers for names? OY! Its a shame you set it up that way

Unfortunately I saw no reason to change the file names on the RAR and ZIPS I downloaded and archived as is. Most was before the Nexus even was a thing, and places like RoseSims were the locations I downloaded from. They came with numbers, not names like we see now.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

you'll have s3pack, package, s3pack, package, alternating and a pain in the butt to separate.

Change your folder view from name sorting to file type, let windows do the work....

And until rauul995 started offering some options (plus a few I found locked away) I've used JoshQ shoes exclusively in recent play. I've tried to use a few others since his work appeared, but when next to each other, the differences are apparent. The Harley Boots you've made though are right there with his work, but then with his help, I expected no less.

Now that I've been chatting with Non-sequitur, he has also created several shoe options that I enjoy in my game play as well. My Sims feet couldn't be happier.

Spoiler

2138026795_Sims3Archives.png.352c3e26c46d3c0e06d994adeca87843.png

5 folders of Sims 3 archives with the number of files in the lower left of each page....   The older folders are almost all numbers for names on the files - I noticed some duplication myself, but this was likely due to moving them to my newest system.

Yes, My movie archive is also on this drive :P

On 2/5/2020 at 1:49 AM, landess said:

I've had this happen to me, usually after any resets - knowing this I remove any chips I want the Bot to keep.* [reset here] Then I use KW to revert it to human. [or reset here] Then Back to bot - swap chips, and change skin tone if needed. KW bots don't play well with reset in my experience.

I finally was able to circle back to look at the plumbot issue. Found a few posts on thesims(dot)com that points to a potential bug in ITF.  I'm pretty confident it's not KW-related, but it might be NRaas SP related, particularly the SP-careers mod, since this did happen just after using NR-MC to remove careers my non-career-chip plumbots were shoved into.

I thought I'd mentioned something about that being a potential side-effect of downgrading, but my eyes are too tired to find that again.  Just wanted to loop-back and say that I don't think it was as a result of that.

I'm still probably gonna start over w/ the older KW, instead of continuing w/ the existing family.  That'll give me the umpf to make the game a bit lighter-weight.  At last check, my mods folder had 3400+ files in it... mostly from using Delphy's sims3pack extractor on almost all of those.

Oh, and it does look like removing the Plumbot "occult" (via MC), then adding it back, does fix the plumbots... I did a quick test, but I'll need to export their look before I do it for real -- if I stick with this current household.  So, thanks for that suggestion.

2 hours ago, landess said:

Unfortunately I saw no reason to change the file names on the RAR and ZIPS I downloaded and archived as is.

Okay, got ya. I've downloaded a few items that the zip or RAR was just a number. What I hate is when creators don't label their files in the packages... it makes it difficult to find things in a merged package, which is why I label mine... although things like TXTCs and VPXYs don't take to being labeled.

The Harley Boots you've made though are right there with his work, but then with his help, I expected no less.

Thanks! But honestly, mine are like Cucci to Josh's Gucci. There's a lot more detail in what he makes. I only increased the vertices around the heel, toe and top edge to smooth and round them out a little. I don't have the patience to work with the number of vertices Josh uses! )

I do have a non-Harley patterned version of the calf boots that I'll upload sooner or later, as well as a pair of thigh highs that look pretty good so far. )

4 hours ago, Nikolaj Coster - Waldau said:

Hello!
Faced such a problem: Onika’s channel does not work, namely, there is no image with sims. On it only, a computer screensaver.

I may be able to help with this one... For some reason, the video thing has been like that since at least build 375 (the one I use). I can't remember where I downloaded these from, but someone made a set of videos that will play on the TVs using the Kinky animations.

working TV video.zip

Sorry otama, but I don't know about the toilet problem. If you have Nraas Shooless, maybe try pulling that out and see if it makes a difference???

Was this it Lady? 

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Sorry otama, but I don't know about the toilet problem. If you have Nraas Shooless, maybe try pulling that out and see if it makes a difference???

I thought about this but with such limited info, it's like being a mechanic trying to tell someone what's wrong with their car during a phone call with the statement - "my car is broke". Keep up the good work, My patience wavers....

Also - waiting on the 'contributors' tag to show on your avatar

Was this it Lady? 

No... This is from 2017 and says these are updated from 2 years prior. Going by the timeline... and size of the package you linked to, I'd say these are newer and more than what I posted.

So... I'll be downloading these and see how they look! Thanks!

Uploaded this 'project' to:

But at 50MB was a 90% compression of the original file, so after deleting some files to play nice with LL, I decided to put the original here for a short time so others can view it more clearly, with a better download option. I'll remove it eventually as it's about 1/2 GB. Got the idea from a post following a 'Pam/Tommy look-a-like screenshot' which stated "can't wait for the video', which is a RL reference.

Instead of doing a 30sec vid of just -sex- I lost my mind for a bit and created this. It is what it is and that's that.

The Video has been removed from LL, but if wanted, send PM.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:55 AM, LadySmoks said:

Okay, got ya. I've downloaded a few items that the zip or RAR was just a number. What I hate is when creators don't label their files in the packages... it makes it difficult to find things in a merged package, which is why I label mine... although things like TXTCs and VPXYs don't take to being labeled.

Thanks! But honestly, mine are like Cucci to Josh's Gucci. There's a lot more detail in what he makes. I only increased the vertices around the heel, toe and top edge to smooth and round them out a little. I don't have the patience to work with the number of vertices Josh uses! )

I do have a non-Harley patterned version of the calf boots that I'll upload sooner or later, as well as a pair of thigh highs that look pretty good so far. )

Oh thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, carine florida said:

Thanks and sorry for my english !

NEVER  APOLOGIZE  FOR  YOUR  ENGLISH ! ! !

It has to be a commercial building (community lot). Just go into town edit mode and change the lot type to community and make it a hangout so it can be open 24/7 if you want.

7 hours ago, zeraxumi said:

im confused? it says download link is unavailable for me ? where are people downloading it?

Its possible that LL is running their anti-foreigner firewall, or should I say, made it bigger? I had problems logging in here when I went home to Ukraine a few months ago.

Try using a proxy server that says you are in the US. That's what I did.