[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

6 hours ago, landess said:

Last: Into the Future EP will allow you to upgrade your phone further - Don't Do It if you plan on using KW function on that phone. For what ever reason, KW does NOT recognize the Into the Future upgraded phone. Test for yourself, but have a good save ready to reload.

I've not actually noticed any issues w/ any of the kinky things with any of my sims that have the holophone, but there's always the chance that I might've found a fix w/o knowing that I did.

3 hours ago, pastapoltergeist said:

I need some help that may or may not be just this mod, I recently reinstalled sims 3 its version 18.0.126

If I'm understanding what I'm reading (it's 2am & the sleeping pill still hasn't worked fully) you (pastapoltergeist) have only University Life.  (reference: huge table of version confusion: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch)  That would mean that the "true" version (as reported by the Sims 3 Game Launcher, lower left corner under the buttons), is 1.50.56.  As landess said, you'll need 1.67 to use KW.  Per that site, you should be able to install the 1.67 patch via the launcher, or download it directly.  The link they have (on here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch_67) is still an existing file and is on ea's servers, so my gut is saying all you should need to do is download the patch & install. BUT!!! make sure you have a good backup of any games you started saved somewhere, or aren't afraid to reinstall TS3 again.

3 hours ago, landess said:

I don't know about others, but I tend to read stuff like this before installing ANYTHING.

What? Everyone doesn't? ? :lol:  I tend to read that stuff, a few thousand pages of forum posts on a dozen sites, and then start trying things.  Could also be why I'm invited to soooooooooooo many parties.

I also tend to be very leery of updates and upgrades.  This comes from being a long term user of software and seeing far too many really great features be removed from some "upgrade".

6 hours ago, landess said:

I posted earlier to those using the L666 animations: There is an updated version near the end of L666 animations download post, in which (since L666 patreon is gone) the latest patreon version has been uploaded, and another member 'cleaned' and combined, and uploaded 'that' version.

I seem to recall seeing a post of that nature, and downloading the referenced file(s)... I need to make sure I'm actually using them, though.

18 hours ago, okaneko said:

Hi, i see there's a blackmail system listed in wiki changelog. Is it working? How to perform it in game?

From the wiki changelog for 378, color added for clarity:
"Fixed: Blackmail system is correclty activated. Use your smartphone or camera to take a photo of Sims doing naughty things (public exhibition or woohoo and cheating) and send them the photo to blackmail them. Currently, blackmailed Sims just receive a moodlet and agree to execute any order from the blackmailer."

I do not recall seeing anything other than the moodlet that gives something like -40 mood for 3 days and drops the LTR with the blackmailer to very very negative (maybe -50 or -100).  Beyond that, I don't recall any ability to give "orders" to the victim.  And there certainly isn't any way to pay them off.

So, like so many parts of KW, it's a WIP that isn't finished. :( 

Found someone (elsewhere) say something about "then talk to them about the blackmail in kinky menu" but I don't recall actually seeing any such option.  But the one time I did it, I did it w/ a different household's sim that I didn't play often, so maybe I just didn't look in the right place at the right time.

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

From the wiki changelog for 378, color added for clarity:
"Fixed: Blackmail system is correclty activated. Use your smartphone or camera to take a photo of Sims doing naughty things (public exhibition or woohoo and cheating) and send them the photo to blackmail them. Currently, blackmailed Sims just receive a moodlet and agree to execute any order from the blackmailer."

I do not recall seeing anything other than the moodlet that gives something like -40 mood for 3 days and drops the LTR with the blackmailer to very very negative (maybe -50 or -100).  Beyond that, I don't recall any ability to give "orders" to the victim.  And there certainly isn't any way to pay them off.

So, like so many parts of KW, it's a WIP that isn't finished. :( 

Found someone (elsewhere) say something about "then talk to them about the blackmail in kinky menu" but I don't recall actually seeing any such option.  But the one time I did it, I did it w/ a different household's sim that I didn't play often, so maybe I just didn't look in the right place at the right time.

Yeah i tried that, but no moodlet appeared on mine. Sims just received it happily. Still testing on different sims. At least, now i know it really works, i'll test it further. Thanks @jdw6

10 hours ago, landess said:

As you can tell, I use the version posted beneath your post. I have no knowledge of this change or use, but 'bumped' your question so others might comment.

Thanks @landessfor the bump :)

21 hours ago, jdw6 said:

But, @Clydie, since you've done animations, maybe you can shed some light as to how that would even be possible.  I don't see any options in the OKW xml that leads me to think it's some setting in that.  So I'm thinking the only other thing it could be is the animation itself.  Unless audio is separate from animations?  Any thoughts/insights/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know you have no influence for the volume. A animation is equipped with sounds or even not (as the animator did or not). The sounds you can add are sounds of the original game only.

Further I can nothing special say unless we use the same animation versions. So, what I just did was to set up a vanilla game, freshly installed KW ver. 375 and all animations which are not touched anymore by the creators. I just copy herein the Log File KW saves while loading. Animation report in RED. (Spoiler)

PLEASE NOTE :

NO ANIMATION IS THEREIN WHICH SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS "WORK IN PROGRESS"

NAMELY :
kw_k69_animations
kw_k69_kinky_animations
kinkyanalustanimations
kinkylucasanimations
kw_maryjane_animations
clydie_anims

PLEASE DOWNLOAD SUCH ANIMATIONS FROM THEIR CORRESPONDENT THREAD HERE AT LL

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Log Version="1" Type="Log">
  <LogData>Oniki.KinkyMod v0.3.7 (375)

KinkyMod.OnPreLoad
PatchEnums: 7 object(s) found.
 * Oniki.Gameplay.Socializing
 * Oniki.Gameplay.Commodities
 * Oniki.Gameplay.TraitChips
 * Oniki.Gameplay.Traits
 * Oniki.Careers.Acting
 * Oniki.Careers.Modeling
 * Oniki.Careers.Whoring
GuidMap.Create
Loading Custom Controls...
Commodities.LoadTunings: KinkyMotives
KWBuff.Load: KinkyBuffs
Drinks.Load: KinkyDrinks
Loading TraitChips...
Added TraitChip: 2943304806
KinkySkill.Load: KinkySkills
### DEBUG ### Loding Books: KinkyBooks
Plants.Load: KinkyPlants
Ingredients.Load: KinkyIngredients
MedicineData.Load: KinkyMedicines
Pets EP is installed.
PreLoad: 98 object(s) found.
WorldName: IslaParadiso
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : Undefined
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : Vacation
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : University
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : Future
KWRole.CreateData: 2001367972
KWRole.CreateData: 996087246
KWRole.CreateData: 1287321889
KWRole.CreateData: 2013638293
KWRole.CreateData: 634397039
KWRole.CreateData: 1938081013
PreLoad: DONE
KinkyMod.OnWorldLoadFinishedHandler: IslaParadiso
KinkyMod.PostLoadFixup
### DEBUG ### KWPhotograph.PostLoad: 0 photo(s) destroyed
KinkyMod.PostLoadFixup: DONE
### DEBUG ### Added 1 books.
Main.Start: Savegame Build: 375 - Current Build: 375
Main.Start: World Guid: 405174643
Main.Start: Use loaded settings
Settings.Apply
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : hdscreations : 12 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kinkystages : 29 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_amra72_animations : 158 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : mastermoonlight : 2 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : afterdusksims : 23 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_swanny_animations : 2 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_edit_animations : 15 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kiwanimations : 14 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_animations : 171 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_galgat_animations : 13 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : wtwanimations : 139 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_kinky_animations : 44 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : smanimations : 72 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : sfanimations : 9 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : jezaanimations : 1 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kinkyworldmasteranimations : 88 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_rapebdsm_animations : 33 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_mike24_lesbians : 30 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_mike24_classics : 24 stage(s) Loaded

OutfitEntry.Import: 0 Outfits imported.
Loading: KinkyTopics
KWServices.Create
NPC.Load
SimData.OnPostEnterWorld: 66 SimData found...
SimData.OnPostEnterWorld: Starting tasks
SimData.OnPostEnterWorld: 66 tasks started.
SimRelation.OnWorldLoadFinished: 8 relations found.
KinkyMod.OnWorldLoadFinishedHandler: DONE
</LogData>
</Log>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packed a ZIP file with the OKW files (WITH this Strap on thing) including the correspondent animation files.

It's a file with close to 120 MB.

Those I consider as the latest versions, just compare the number of animations above with yours. In case you have more, let me please know !!! ?

All above animations you can find here at LL   -  on the first page or somewhere else in the threads of the creator -

Most of the "older" animations you will find in Twilightstorm's nice thread. But since Passion is more tolerant in terms of the OKW file,

KW call out an error while loading on some animation. (Actually I am more a Passion fan....)

All of those are corrected in the files of that ZIP, as the Log file above proofs too.

Again : only those above in RED.

But please, I am not brave enough to load this up just here.

I may can try to provide it to whom, who is sending me a PM for convenience reasons.

But I do not know if LL allow such huge file size. There is a limit I think.

Other Ideas on that -except loading it up to a external share point by myself- I am not used to such.

2 hours ago, Clydie said:

As far as I know you have no influence for the volume. A animation is equipped with sounds or even not (as the animator did or not). The sounds you can add are sounds of the original game only.

I think jdw6 is trying to find out how sound is attached to animations. I found 2 threads on MTS... neither appear to be anything this little dress maker will be getting into!

http://modthesims.info/t/612758

http://modthesims.info/t/418050

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I think jdw6 is trying to find out how sound is attached to animations. I found 2 threads on MTS... neither appear to be anything this little dress maker will be getting into!

http://modthesims.info/t/612758

http://modthesims.info/t/418050

Those threads look potentially useful, but, yeah, this programmer is gonna need to re-read that when he's gotten better sleep. lol  Those & Clydie's response got me thinking that what might be wrong is not so much a "volume" issue as a "lot focus" issue.

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

Reveal hidden contents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Log Version="1" Type="Log">
  <LogData>Oniki.KinkyMod v0.3.7 (375)

KinkyMod.OnPreLoad
PatchEnums: 7 object(s) found.
 * Oniki.Gameplay.Socializing
 * Oniki.Gameplay.Commodities
 * Oniki.Gameplay.TraitChips
 * Oniki.Gameplay.Traits
 * Oniki.Careers.Acting
 * Oniki.Careers.Modeling
 * Oniki.Careers.Whoring
GuidMap.Create
Loading Custom Controls...
Commodities.LoadTunings: KinkyMotives
KWBuff.Load: KinkyBuffs
Drinks.Load: KinkyDrinks
Loading TraitChips...
Added TraitChip: 2943304806
KinkySkill.Load: KinkySkills
### DEBUG ### Loding Books: KinkyBooks
Plants.Load: KinkyPlants
Ingredients.Load: KinkyIngredients
MedicineData.Load: KinkyMedicines
Pets EP is installed.
PreLoad: 98 object(s) found.
WorldName: IslaParadiso
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : Undefined
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : Vacation
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : University
StrayPetTunings.PreLoad: Add allowed world type : Future
KWRole.CreateData: 2001367972
KWRole.CreateData: 996087246
KWRole.CreateData: 1287321889
KWRole.CreateData: 2013638293
KWRole.CreateData: 634397039
KWRole.CreateData: 1938081013
PreLoad: DONE
KinkyMod.OnWorldLoadFinishedHandler: IslaParadiso
KinkyMod.PostLoadFixup
### DEBUG ### KWPhotograph.PostLoad: 0 photo(s) destroyed
KinkyMod.PostLoadFixup: DONE
### DEBUG ### Added 1 books.
Main.Start: Savegame Build: 375 - Current Build: 375
Main.Start: World Guid: 405174643
Main.Start: Use loaded settings
Settings.Apply
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : hdscreations : 12 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kinkystages : 29 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_amra72_animations : 158 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : mastermoonlight : 2 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : afterdusksims : 23 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_swanny_animations : 2 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_edit_animations : 15 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kiwanimations : 14 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_animations : 171 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_galgat_animations : 13 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : wtwanimations : 139 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_kinky_animations : 44 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : smanimations : 72 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : sfanimations : 9 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : jezaanimations : 1 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kinkyworldmasteranimations : 88 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_l666_rapebdsm_animations : 33 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_mike24_lesbians : 30 stage(s) Loaded
WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kw_mike24_classics : 24 stage(s) Loaded

OutfitEntry.Import: 0 Outfits imported.
Loading: KinkyTopics
KWServices.Create
NPC.Load
SimData.OnPostEnterWorld: 66 SimData found...
SimData.OnPostEnterWorld: Starting tasks
SimData.OnPostEnterWorld: 66 tasks started.
SimRelation.OnWorldLoadFinished: 8 relations found.
KinkyMod.OnWorldLoadFinishedHandler: DONE
</LogData>
</Log>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those I consider as the latest versions, just compare the number of animations above with yours. In case you have more, let me please know !!! ?

All above animations you can find here at LL   -  on the first page or somewhere else in the threads of the creator -

Most of the "older" animations you will find in Twilightstorm's nice thread. But since Passion is more tolerant in terms of the OKW file,

KW call out an error while loading on some animation. (Actually I am more a Passion fan....)

This was helpful.  It got me to actually look at a smaller portion of that KW log file that's created on load w/o being "gaaahhhhh there's too much in here" lol

There's issues, I see, with a few of the K69 animations I have, and I have about 7 packages loaded you don't, and I see a few in your log file that I've never even heard of, or did & just forgot about.

I kinda am the same way as you w/ regard to Passion.  What got me to switch was a combo of things, like TS's refusal to keep the older versions available and the last version causing issues w/ how things were played (mostly the code that is supposed to recognize "male" vs "female" seemed to misfire for me almost all the time).  It got to where I was looking at redoing _all_ of the OKW files so that the ordering of "actor1" vs "actor2" was the same for everything.  But, the formatting of a few of those sent shivers down my spine lol so I didn't get around to doing that.  I was gonna also remove the ones I didn't want used.

Anyway, I see that I've got different numbers of animations loaded for a few (e.g., you have 171 L666, I have 161; you have 139 WTW, I have 140) so I'll have to take some time to figure out what the heck I actually have installed.  Maybe in so doing it will resolve the other issue.

18 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I've not actually noticed any issues w/ any of the kinky things with any of my sims that have the holophone

I'll look into it closer, as I'd prefer to have all use the holophone. I could be mistaken and don't want to give bad info. Possibly something else didn't 'work' and I associated KW. It seemed to have something to do with 'selfies'.  I'll change my post as I confirm.

18 hours ago, jdw6 said:

That would mean that the "true" version (as reported by the Sims 3 Game Launcher, lower left corner under the buttons), is 1.50.56.

This is the best place I know to 'look' for the game version. Thought 'everyone' knew this. That 'patch #' starting with 18 WAS pretty high considering. BTW, am uploading my 1.67 patch to the cloud for sharing ATM - it's around 1.5 GB

17 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Fixed: Blackmail system is correclty activated.

I know NRaas story progression has options to 'intimidate' other sims for $, but that's the only extortion type activity I have, nothing KW related. Not that I expected there to be, just another activity of this 'type' and where it was from.

18 hours ago, jdw6 said:

The link they have (on here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch_67) is still an existing file and is on ea's servers, so my gut is saying all you should need to do is download the patch & install. BUT!!! make sure you have a good backup of any games you started saved somewhere, or aren't afraid to reinstall TS3 again.

As mentioned above, will have a link for others to Download without having to open a web page run by EA.

6 hours ago, Clydie said:

But I do not know if LL allow such huge file size. There is a limit I think.

On page 584 there's a 450MB video file waiting to be deleted as soon as enough people get a look :) Yes, limits... I wasn't sure if the site would take it (no sound playing through the browser - need to DL it. Options lower right while playing).

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

I kinda am the same way as you w/ regard to Passion

Was already using KW as Passion was being finalized for consumption. Does Passion simply use KW files 'as is' instead of it's own files? Are there files (animations) for Passion which work for KW as well? This caught my eye, and like most in the previous 586 pages, find it's just easier to 'ask'.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

this programmer is gonna need to re-read that when he's gotten better sleep

Yup! Programmer... read program stuff... little dress maker... uh... let the programmer guy read the programming stuff!!!!! Oh, don't get me wrong... I'll look at stuff, and decide whether its really something I want to get involved with, and the stuff I skimmed over on those links got a pass!

Too much unfinished work on my plate already... but some is getting done and almost ready to share.

1 hour ago, landess said:

It seemed to have something to do with 'selfies'.

I know I've seen my sims able to do selfies, but I'm not sure tonight whether I saw that when I had 375 running.  I found too much missing that I was used to seeing, so am inching my way back to 399.  ?  Trying to re-figure-out what was borked and what wasn't.  (that's kinda the drawback of reading a ton of posts)

a few of your other questions....

Spoiler

I'll try to keep this brief, but tossing it in a spoiler since brevity isn't a strong trait of mine, and it could be construed as off-topic, although it's a comparison...

It seemed to have something to do with 'selfies'.

Does Passion simply use KW files 'as is' instead of it's own files?

It is supposed to be able to use either the older Animated Woohoo mod's animations as well as any for KW, but as with just about anything, there could be unintended issues found.  I think I hinted at there being mod-specific threads for at least the L666 animations.  The little voice in the back of the mind is saying there's others that have been (I'll call it) "converted" for Passion.  (But that might be just cleaned up, in general.)

Are there files (animations) for Passion which work for KW as well?

This is something that I'm thinking is a "no", and might be causing some of my noticed issues.  I didn't things as delineated as I should've.  I probably should've renamed my "animations" folder when I made the switch, but didn't.  Might be best (for me, or others) to go download everything fresh instead of trying to reuse what is already downloaded.

Basically P is KW minus: drugs, school, rape, zoolover, and I think incest (but not 100% on that one).  It also tries to auto-assign positions for animations for the sims involved.  I think the dev said "if it has a penis, it's a male and assigned the 'male' slot in animations" but there's issues with that if 'strap-on' is enabled.  It also tries to auto-rotate animations after X minutes, which is vastly better IMHO than looping the same animation for the entirety of the 'stage' time period, which also seems to be (in KW) tied to what is used for a whore solicit interaction.  It also seems to rotate actors for some of the animations (such as MMF on a couch, the 2 M's will swap position after a few minutes).  That chunk of code started to implode in later versions, and was another "let me outta here" factor.

There's also more dildo options, but in order to use any of them, you have to go manually modify the animation xml files to change the name of the 'dildo' used.  Thus, I never took advantage of any of that.

It basically ran good until the dev tried adding in new things (sounds familiar, right?) that were never originally part of the mod, and then didn't quite get the bugs ironed out before having to step away (family health issues, if I'm recalling that thread correctly).  He tried, but there's about 4-5 different "versions" of the 2.7.4.2 "version" of the mod, with him uploading just one of the package files a few times in that thread, to have people test out various fixes.  I'm not even sure if the posted zip has the latest of those "hot-fixes" or not.  Would've been better, had he just up'd the version each time.

What he was trying to add in, was a sexy bartender/maid role NPC that you could 'hire' (by buying the special chair they sit in when inactive).  It had huge conflicts with the NRaas Career (I think that was it) mod, so I didn't use it, other than once to try it out... would be nice if there was a way to not have these sorts of conflicts (like mod devs purposefully not conflicting with anything from NRaas, since [guessing] 90% of TS3 players use that suite of mods.)  But that would limit what they could try to do too much.  :(

Anyway, I still use one package from the 2.7.4.2 passion zip (Outfit_Changer.package), because it gives a very quick way to change a sim's outfits.  Adds an interaction on every sim "1.Outfit" (not crazy about the naming of it) that gives a pie menu of the "1st position" outfits for every type.  I wind up using that when the beekeeper hat gets stuck on the sim after they've finished tending the bees, or when I want them to be wearing something else but don't want to either clear the queue to use the "change outfit" interaction, or just outta laziness.

Oh, one more thing P does that KW doesn't:  it auto-registers animation packages.  If the package file is installed, it loads them at game startup, so no more Kinky World | Settings | Woohoo | Packages | Add Package | type name (nope) type other version of name (nope) type 3rd version of what the name might be (loaded) type of annoyance.  But that's only a one time thing, anyway, and if it's not playing animations correctly... kinda useless.

9 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

some is getting done and almost ready to share.

That's good to hear.  :)  

You, and the other CC makers out there, are vastly more talented than I could ever hope to be when it comes to artistic stuff.  Graphics, Video, Audio... all make my brain stop functioning.  lol  I can do post processing on stills only.  Creating graphics from scratch?  Nope.  That ship sunk back in 8th grade, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

What he was trying to add in, was a sexy bartender/maid role NPC that you could 'hire' (by buying the special chair they sit in when inactive). 

I remember a stand alone mod similar to what you describe for a maid. You could buy either a chair or light fixture. Forget who made it. It was one of the mods that got borked by a patch, and was never updated to run with the new patch.

Yup, this little dress maker has been working. )))

Spoiler

1.png.1166f1d6d2209a7d35eda19938d26a76.png

1.jpg

12 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I think jdw6 is trying to find out how sound is attached to animations.

To add sounds to an animation, just have a look to Masters tutorial. You will find a PDF in the packed file last pages.

But be aware, this is an older tutorial and describes how to implement animations with AW (Animated WhooHoo) but no change

in adding sound. Since here you have to manipulate the animation and not the XML. 

You can find it here :

9 hours ago, jdw6 said:

and I have about 7 packages loaded you don't

You made me curious what this packages could be -except Pets or Packages I consider as WIP ......

8 hours ago, landess said:

Does Passion simply use KW files 'as is' instead of it's own files?

Twilightstorm put much efforts into Passion and made to handle the older AW XML files AND the OKW XML files. But the Animation itself remain the same.

Would mean, in case you install some -let's say- Lady666 animations into passion with AW xml and with OKW xml you have the same animations twice.

Twilightstorms intention was, that Passion accepts even all animations you have on hand without hunting for latest or correct versions.

But a big disadvantage of the older AW files I consider in the lack of the gender selection. Twilightstorm explained this more than once somewhere in his thread.

However, I have Passion on hold and swapped to KW since Twilightstorm is away for some serious private reasons and I face all the issues (i.e. Partner swapping, sometimes

animations are not shown correctly by rotation of one actor 90°. Not predefined Animations have to re-registered after every game start ) as other users complain about too.

All those I consider as small issues, but I can and will not address them now, while Twilightstorm is away for really more important reasons than fixing Passion.

I like Passions option to combine animations as per your wish in a row and save them. Then easily you can direct your sims what they shall exactly do during WhooHoo.

Very nice, actually ! And, Passion compared to KW is a "lightweight" and that is very good in regard to bigger an full populated Worlds.

It is even a MOD to Sims 3 and NOT a Game in a Game......

By the way, in KW you also can register Animations with AW XMLs I think. They will be shown as -Generic- in the menu. But do not recommend to do so.....

Long time ago I tried this, but not sure if it still works with ver. 375. Anyway we sould say bye, bye to all AW-files and use OKW only.

To add sounds to an animation, just have a look to Masters tutorial. You will find a PDF in the packed file last pages.

But be aware, this is an older tutorial

Ah yes... I came across this tutorial while I was looking for something else and read some of it. You know that some silly girl was asking a lot of questions? I think she called herself Lady666. Seriously, it just goes to show that everyone starts somewhere, and look at the wonderful animations she created with tutelage and patience from The Master on that thread. )))

By the way, in KW you also can register Animations with AW XMLs I think

I'm pretty sure that L666 AW animations, and maybe Amra72 AW animations work in KW and are automatically registered into KW as "legacy".

18 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I remember a stand alone mod similar to what you describe for a maid. You could buy either a chair or light fixture. Forget who made it. It was one of the mods that got borked by a patch, and was never updated to run with the new patch.

By the way, are you talking about one of these mods - Housekeeper Service - v1.2 (9th Dec 2014) by douglasveiga Posted 19th May 2014 at 6:40 AM - Updated 10th Dec 2014 at 12:38 AM by douglasveiga ?

If you are talking about above, it is still working for 1.67 patch, not sure if it still works on 1.69 patch.

1 hour ago, jenyeah said:

If you are talking about above, it is still working for 1.67 patch, not sure if it still works on 1.69 patch.

Yes, that is the mod I was thinking of. Unfortunately, Origin stole my paid for disks. For whatever reason, the last time I had to reload the game, it forced me to register with Origin, which then updated me to 1.69. I can't remember if that mod was working correctly prior to that or not.

16 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes, that is the mod I was thinking of. Unfortunately, Origin stole my paid for disks. For whatever reason, the last time I had to reload the game, it forced me to register with Origin, which then updated me to 1.69. I can't remember if that mod was working correctly prior to that or not.

Well, same for me (I bought all Discs for EPs), but I had turned off auto update for Sims 3 after Origin registration (which was some long time ago).

12 minutes ago, jenyeah said:

Well, same for me (I bought all Discs for EPs), but I had turned off auto update for Sims 3 after Origin registration (which was some long time ago).

I had it off too, but laptops dying and reloading on a new one, and being stupid and buggering files... Well, Origin got me!

Hey, go check the downloads. I just uploaded 3 files you may or may not like. Cheerleader Outfits, af and tf, and panties. )

Don't know if it's your thing, but I'll also be uploading a Harley Quinn version of the cheerleader outfit, probably tomorrow, or maybe later tonight.

26 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I had it off too, but laptops dying and reloading on a new one, and being stupid and buggering files... Well, Origin got me!

Hey, go check the downloads. I just uploaded 3 files you may or may not like. Cheerleader Outfits, af and tf, and panties. )

Don't know if it's your thing, but I'll also be uploading a Harley Quinn version of the cheerleader outfit, probably tomorrow, or maybe later tonight.

Oh, ok, cool, I will check it out.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Origin stole my paid for disks.

I'm having trouble reading between the lines here. I'm guessing by 'disks', you don't actually mean CD/DVD.

>All my Sims 3 IS on physical media which requires no internet connection. Had to shop Amazon to finish my collection after going to Walmart, buying 2 EP's, and having them immediately phone home to EA in an attempt to bushwack me.  I'm not afraid to grab the modem and unplug it in a heartbeat.

. . . . . . .

.   .   .   .   .   .

Okay, had to take long slow deep breaths.

Origin. Of what? Evil?

Even now, if I open my launcher for what ever reason, (verifying Version #) when I 'try' to close it, I'm notified there's still downloads in progress, do I want to...   FUCK YOU DIE NOW! Thank you Task Manager. You're my Hero! That why I have you open during most gaming sessions. I might not be able to thoroughly kill the Internet attempts, but I CAN take a hand off.   'Yes' I have the no launcher/disk mods. 

I knew getting rid of Origins constant presence was key to being able to enjoy the Sims 3 without fear of corporate assassination.

32 minutes ago, landess said:

I'm having trouble reading between the lines here. I'm guessing by 'disks', you don't actually mean CD/DVD.

Oh yes, I bought the CD years ago, and it worked fine. But something happened, and now Origin has infested my game and it won't install properly without going online to finish... and then Origin updates everything. 1.69 isn't too bad.

I don't play online either, but Origin is still in the system somehow... like a virus! I have to login to my own game... and I'm offline!!!!! I use Nraas "No CD". This laptop doesn't even have a drive.

I had the entire patch download that stopped at 1.67, but, it's probably lost on a dead laptop.