[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 2/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, jdw6 said:

nraas relativity

This was a game saver for me - After my initial disappointment with the Sims 3 (If you played 2, you'll understand) it wasn't until Nightlife EP that I finally got back into 'simming'.

Boobies, and beer. But no time to enjoy it! Because of the default speed of the game - This IS the challenge if you choose to play 'default'.

I wanted to have fun, so finding the NRaas relativity mod was another 'lease on life' for the game. Biggest problem is EA!

The scripts for events, animations, rabbithole timers - geez it's a mess. While you can just change the setting to make days longer (I use 9) other things in the game won't recognize the new setting in any way that coordinates - so relativity has a whole section to change the 'results' of doing things for a longer/shorter amount of time. Sometimes relativity isn't enough - sleeping longer with no way to change the amount of 'rest' they get is a good one. Luckily there a mod to change bed stats. Drop the amount of rest they get as the day is made longer....

Obviously we're trying to get the game to play nice with itself while still 'bending' to our will. Otherwise just use MC ever few seconds to 'fix' something a mod setting has disrupted.

2 hours ago, lcurrie1 said:

I recently tried to download the update. I started a new game, and the notification of it loading did not pop up. It will not load and I need help. Can someone help please!!!

I'd like to but I can't with anything newer than Version .375

Read older threads to understand why.

@landess @LadySmoks Have either of you noticed any issues with the NPC "Deborah De Robertas"?  I was curious as to what changed from 375 to 405, so used s3pe to export everything and a comparison tool (beyond compare... highly recommend if you deal with syncing differences in dirs or files) to look and found an xml parse problem with that NPC.  Happens to be the last in the file, so it would've just messed up that one.  Looks like she was copy-and-pasting things and forgot to add the "name" attribute.

Got me curious if either of you have experienced any weirdness around that NPC.

edit: this was from the S3_0333406C_00000000_BE7B1D7EBBF056CD_NPCs%%+_XML.xml file

<TrackedStat NakedSelfiePosted" Total="5" Unique="5"></TrackedStat>
      <TrackedStat NakedWebcam" Total="5" Unique="5"></TrackedStat>
      <TrackedStat KinkyDance" Total="5" Unique="5"></TrackedStat>

<TrackedStat Name="NakedSelfiePosted" Total="5" Unique="5"></TrackedStat>
      <TrackedStat Name="NakedWebcam" Total="5" Unique="5"></TrackedStat>
      <TrackedStat Name="KinkyDance" Total="5" Unique="5"></TrackedStat>

18 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Have either of you noticed any issues with the NPC "Deborah De Robertas"?  I was curious as to what changed from 375 to 405

Just like landess, I use build 375. I wrote before that I installed 399 when it went public and was shiny and new, and re-installed 375 almost immediately because of too many bugs in 399. I haven't seen any reason to even try one of the newer build versions.

I actually just re-installed v.03.7 build 375 that's posted on the first page of this thread because some changes I made to my old KW got buggered up. Code for: I did stuff that I shouldn't have, and am woman enough to blame my husband for not stopping me! (Ha! As if!) So, I went back through LL and grabbed all the updated animations, and re-installed them too. The only thing I reused are the TV video files, which aren't Oniki's, and I'm not sure where I got them.

My sim family hasn't come across Deborah in a while. I think in my game, she lives in France? Haven't been there for some time.

Again, the old back it up, and try using s3pe to just replace that xml and see what happens.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I wanted to have fun, so finding the NRaas relativity mod was another 'lease on life' for the game. Biggest problem is EA!

I started using relativity because of the lag in my old laptop. When the save files got too big, the game ran so slow that almost everything (especially KW activities) would just time out before anything happened.

Now, I have a pretty good gaming laptop that handles TS3 pretty well, but relativity allows time for my sims to have a life! Yes, EA rules are the biggest bug in the game.

1 hour ago, lcurrie1 said:

The quide says that when the gane starts it should say loading Kinky World. It is not doing that but thanks though.

You have to enable it first. Start your game, click on any sim and a KW  settings menu will pop up. Go in and click enable. 

From: https://onikikay-kinkyworld.fandom.com/wiki/Oniki_Kay's_Kinky_World_Wikia

Link in OP 

Getting Started Edit

Download the mod at:http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43249-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v03-updated-11-mar-2017/, install the mod, start the Sims 3, and enable the mod via the new Kinky menu option.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Deborah De Robertas" is the npc Oniki made for a default nurse using KW High School. I have Ver .375, and one of my towns has a working school with my Sim as a teacher. Deborah showed up for work. I did my usual CAS thing. She gives me no issues.

Well! Just copy and paste this on the front page!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Deborah De Robertas" is the npc Oniki made for a default nurse using KW High School.

Really? I guess if you don't have University and don't have the working high school, my Deb just runs around France flashing her boobs at everyone!!!

On 2/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, LadySmoks said:

Again, the old back it up, and try using s3pe to just replace that xml and see what happens.

I started using relativity because of the lag in my old laptop. When the save files got too big, the game ran so slow that almost everything (especially KW activities) would just time out before anything happened.

Already replaced it, just got stuck on a website re-write the last few days.  I thought I'd mention it, since it's a fairly easy fix -- if it was causing issues.  (I tend to also go in and cut the cost of the drugs by half, and make the reading pages-per-min the same as all the other book enhancements I've done.)

I hear ya on the "old" laptop... (reading that as "underpowered" vs "old").  I tried starting TS3 on my (darn near ultrabook) I got in August, last year, over Christmas break and it took forever just to get to where the game had loaded enough to choose a save.  ?  I keep hoping, praying, wishing, etc. that EA uses TS3 for the basis for TS5 (vs TS4 & the lack of "features" I read about), but improves the graphics & makes it a 64-bit game.  ?  KW (and all the animations & other mods) would run soooooo much better if we could toss more than (per some nraas threads) 3.01GB memory at the game.  (I have 64 GB in my system.)

2 hours ago, landess said:

'Deborah De Robertas" is the npc Oniki made for a default nurse using KW High School. I have Ver .375, and one of my towns has a working school with my Sim as a teacher. Deborah showed up for work. I did my usual CAS thing. She gives me no issues.

Good to know. That XML part was the very end, and looked like it was just progressing her skills for a few things over time.

47 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Really? I guess if you don't have University and don't have the working high school, my Deb just runs around France flashing her boobs at everyone!!!

I've got all the main packs (actually only missing about 4 or 5 packs out of everything they released, the extended Pets, the big-corp sponsored ads, and a couple other item-only), which is a blessing (not limited by much) & curse (uses a shitload more memory).

I usually disable 'flashers', so I've not noticed her from that.  I think I did see her (once) for a nurse, when I tried out the h/s part, but removed it as it just felt like the days dragged on as a result of not "fast forwarding" while they're at work/school.

40 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

I hear ya on the "old" laptop... (reading that as "underpowered" vs "old").

No, it was old... AND under powered. Until last year or so, I was using a cheap Toshiba we got for travel back in 2014. My current mods folder is 4.5gb on a gaming laptop and it runs okay most of the time. A lot of that folder is stuff I made, didn't like, never fixed and started something new, and never pulled the crap out. Heck, I just put in 3 more today, and a total of 8 since Monday... more than 60 items in my "test in game" folder alone.

50 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

KW (and all the animations & other mods) would run soooooo much better if we could toss more than (per some nraas threads) 3.01GB memory at the game.

Everything would run better if there was a way to increase RAM usage that actually worked. The limit EA placed in the game is ridiculous.

I enjoy this while I can.

It's no secret EA is a huge corporate whore, and there will be no going back to anything they can't nickel and dime us to death with.

ALL new releases will require Origin, and with the recent 'fuck-you' to players not using the more recent Windows OS's, you can't even use Origin on Win7 or older... nice huh? (I'd have to check Nonsequiter's post to make sure - but you get the gist.)

Anyways, like Bethesda releases, the mod scene grew, then corporations want to control how we play and what we can use. Obviously things like WickedWhims exist for now, but how long before they gunk up the code so bad - amateur modding will likely die. Corps want all the ad revenue places like the Nexus get. It's a slow and painful process watching the ability to control our games being taken away step by step.

Luckily after 10+ years, many people have gotten into the Sims 3 code and we have so many amazing tools to keep it running well beyond it's intended limit(s). Maintenance is key along with understanding how the game tries to fail over time.

I can't imagine what it would've been like to have the Sims 3 I have now ten years ago.

Thanks to OnikiKay and many, MANY others, I'll be here for some time (sorry Sims 4....)

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The limit EA placed in the game is ridiculous.

It's actually the 32bit limit if I'm thinking right. The same reason there is a 255 mod limit for the creation engine (32bit). It's a matter of the game being able to juggle hexadecimals.

Reading up on this was heartbreaking when you realize by making the games 64bit, you'd realistically never be able to reach the mod cap.

This is one of the main reasons the open world for the Sims 4 was 'lost' and the return to Sims 2 type of town travel was used. Personally I'm grateful someone at EA was pushing the envelope for the Sims series, and while it did create a LOT of problems at first, as well as each new expansion, the 'open-world' concept has been tamed for the most part. It took a lot of people, and a lot of work. This freed EA up to continue pumping out way overpriced DLC (add up SIMS/DLC - scary) instead of fixing it themselves (and develop Sims 4). Trust is gone.

4 hours ago, landess said:

ALL new releases will require Origin

I bought my games, but its like a worm program forces updates because you have to go online to register the games. It seems like many of the updates were designed to kill CC, especially core and script mods, since a lot of them stopped working after an update. I never play online, yet I must login to my own computer to play a game I bought!

Nonsequitur told me that you helped him out when he got locked out by Origin changing their system and blocked older OS. Conspiracy theory: Microsoft gave them a kick back so people would have to buy new computers with Windows 10!

4 hours ago, landess said:

It's actually the 32bit limit if I'm thinking right. The same reason there is a 255 mod limit for the creation engine (32bit).

Yes and no... I talking about the 2gb limit in the configuration that limits RAM usage. Why would EA or Origin put such a limit in the game? I've heard that 255 mod limit number before, but don't understand it. Is that for stuff loaded through the launcher? Because I currently have almost 350 individual packages in my game. They're broken down in a dozen or so sub-folders. Its not my normal, but I have one hair file of combined packages that total 1.5gb. When I mention combined packages, that counts as 1 package out of the 350. So, I really don't get that 255 number? 

10 hours ago, landess said:

It's actually the 32bit limit if I'm thinking right. The same reason there is a 255 mod limit for the creation engine (32bit). It's a matter of the game being able to juggle hexadecimals.

Reading up on this was heartbreaking when you realize by making the games 64bit, you'd realistically never be able to reach the mod cap.

This is one of the main reasons the open world for the Sims 4 was 'lost' and the return to Sims 2 type of town travel was used. Personally I'm grateful someone at EA was pushing the envelope for the Sims series, and while it did create a LOT of problems at first, as well as each new expansion, the 'open-world' concept has been tamed for the most part. It took a lot of people, and a lot of work. This freed EA up to continue pumping out way overpriced DLC (add up SIMS/DLC - scary) instead of fixing it themselves (and develop Sims 4). Trust is gone.

I really wish that Bethesda would use a new engine for future games. The Creation Engine is a fossil at this point.

But I'm really hoping that EA does put Sims 4 and it's DLCs on Steam, because I'm tired of playing the vanilla game (since they gave it for free awhile ago on Origin.)

Sims 4 runs so much better than Sims 3, but maybe it's because I'm only playing vanilla with the Wicked Whims mod and other adult mods. 

Plus ALWAYS buy the expansions when they are on sale, which is what I did with The Sims 3. The DLCs are really expensive for 4. :(

1 hour ago, Lannister1098 said:

Plus ALWAYS buy the expansions when they are on sale,

I picked up Sims 3 and World Adventures (WA/Digital Download) when new. Eventually adding a few more EP's. When I decided to try and complete my 'collection', I was dismayed that my "store bought" purchases were nothing more than a download code - meaning I'd have to use Origin. First thing it wanted to do was re-install the game - FUCK THAT!

I ended up using Amazon to find physical disk copies, and now my collection (minus SP's) is complete and Origin free.

Sims 4 runs so much better than Sims 3

While true, it's easy to make something pretty, that's the graphics card doing the work. Now get the CPU to jump in and do some amazing things like the Sims 3 asked of it and the experience struggles. The Sims 4 is simply a throwback to an earlier concept - lazy - as it adds nothing new, in fact, it doubles down on what EA truly is today.

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Microsoft gave them a kick back so people would have to buy new computers with Windows 10!

Umm, yep! They are all in this together. Microsoft obviously assists major developers to use their OS to both's advantage.

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

So, I really don't get that 255 number? 

I'll take some time here so you're in the loop.

A 32bit system has more limits than 64bit since it has a 'smaller room' to work in. This affects any program using it. The system must do many things when running a game, and the cpu has a cap on the amount of information it can juggle at any one time. 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit. Yep - from Commodore64 to today's home computers - they have increased the capability to do more calculations during the same time frame.

This limits how much 'memory' a 32bit application can 'hold on to' while doing it's thing. So the Sims 3 limits are easily approached due to game design and one of the main reasons it was so problematic after launch.

>>>>The 255 number is actually a reference to Bethesda's Creation engine for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout - yep many games - same engine. This is why modding grew so quickly in that camp. Lessons learned can be 're-used' in later games. If using a mod manager to add mods to it, there will be a listing of those with an assigned 'number'.

The number is a hexidecimal, allowing 'more' references with 'less' numbers. 00 thru 09, then 0A thru 0F if I remember correctly. This allows the game to list more before jumping to the next - 10 thru 19, then 1A thru 1F - etc.

Regardless of the system, there are 32bit limits and these appear as a 255 'mod' limit within the game. Now we all know you can mod a game by simply replacing files without any kind of mod reference, and these won't affect the games 'limit'. You can exceed the list limit but the game simply ignores them - it has no way to reference numbers higher than FF.

Mod limits: Quote from the Nexus.....

The 256 (hex FF) mod limit is one of 2 limits you may run into with mods - the other one is the total number of mods, activated or not, in your data folder. It seems that the game looks at all of the mods in the data folder on starting, and decides whether to load them or not. If the total reaches a particular number somewhere over 400 it will crash. The easiest way to deal with this is to move any unused mods out of the data folder. Or, if you use Wrye Bash, activate the ghosting feature which hides unused mods from the game.

Both of these are hard wired into the game engine and cannot be changed - The storage space allocated for addressing mods is set at one hexadecimal byte (FF) which is either 255 or 256 depending on how you deal with zero. A byte is the smallest usable chunk of memory in a computer. The next value up from FF would be 2 bytes which would give us hex FF  FF or 65,535 which would have given us far more space for mods than we could possibly use. And tie up a chunk of space in memory that would be mostly empty. Personally I think 256 should be sufficient. Try removing some of the mods you aren't really using to free up some space if you can't merge them.

In a nutshell concerning the creation engine - it's easy to see the difference between 32bit and 64bit just by acknowledging the limit for 32bit is 255 listed mods, while a 64bit is capable of recognizing +65K listed mods.

Using this knowledge, one can do some mind tripping to understand what this would mean for the Sims series. A 3GB memory limit wouldn't exist.

12 minutes ago, landess said:

I'll take some time here so you're in the loop.

You lost me at "hello"! ? I still don't get it, and probably never will once you go techie. Haha... the only Bethesda I know about is the Navy base, because my husband mentioned passing through there a few times. ))) I did take a look and saw its a game company.

But, you mentioned a 400 number... ??? Maybe that upper limit is why I get away with 350 package files... plus a couple dozen sims3packs????? The game sees them once, no sim is using a CC item, and the game forgets about it????????

Sims 4 runs so much better than Sims 3, but maybe it's because I'm only playing vanilla with the Wicked Whims mod and other adult mods.

I'm guessing its the vanilla and not much CC that gives you the speed. Is TS4 64bit? What I vaguely understand, I'm sure that helps a lot. But, if you run TS3 in vanilla with on a couple of core mods and less than say, 50 CC items, it runs pretty fast too. And you have a gaming laptop, right? Mine was a world of difference from my old one.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

But, you mentioned a 400 number... ???

Yeah, but that was a reference to games using the Gamebryo Creation engine.

I was quite surprised to learn there are Sims 3 players with saves up into the GB...

GB? Really? I doubt it's anything but the truth. Considering the save is no more than a detailed list on what the Sims 3 engine should find, and install into this 'newly created version' of the sims game world. Thus I learned the save file size doesn't impact the game like I thought it did. It simply takes MORE time to load a large save. The game still must follow the rules associated with a 32bit engine build.

The biggest difference I've noticed with Kinky World versions was the pause, and loading of scripts AFTER the game was up and running.

3 hours ago, landess said:

I was quite surprised to learn there are Sims 3 players with saves up into the GB...

That seems like a misunderstanding? Maybe the whole saves file? I mean, mine is almost 14GB right now because I have a bunch of crap that needs to be deleted... but, my current game is only 252MB. I recently did a manual clean up of imgs and snap files inside the save. I will say that will go up a lot once my sims travel a bit. This family hasn't been to China or Egypt yet in WA yet.

But, there was a thread somewhere, where everyone was posting their total mods folder sizes, and mine at around 4.5GB was low! I was under 4GB at that time, but testing stuff really bloated my mods folder.

I also found that the game DOES apparently read files while playing. I'm not sure how much, but what I've had is I will be testing a new package, not like something and replace it with the game running, and have the change show in game. I have changed meshes, multipliers and other imgs. Sometimes it only shows in CAS, then reverts to what had been before I changed stuff when I return to game play. Sometimes, the change shows in game... sometimes, nothing... sometimes the game crashes! Going to city view also seems to effect doing this for some reason. Josh Q said it may have to do with the game resetting after returning to ground scene? Of course, shutting down, clearing caches and restarting is the best way to put in something new.

The one huge hair file 1.45GB has between 400 and 500 CASP numbers in it! I have 2 other hair packages, but only total 720MB.

My Kinky folder is less than 400MB with animations.

3 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Why isn't this getting updated? I'm waiting for that acting career, to reinstall the game. I check here time to time and it's been months.

Oniki is on Paetron... a pay site. For the most recent version of KW, you have to sign up there. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until she releases something as "public" here.

Since I'm content with build 375, I don't know when or if her next public release will be, or if the features you seek are even in the latest Paetron version.

11 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Why isn't this getting updated? I'm waiting for that acting career, to reinstall the game. I check here time to time and it's been months.

Reality check: This mod was created to make money. Because of legality, the mod must be made public. Because of the desire to make money the newest version(s) of the mod is hidden behind a patreon paywall. This could go on for many years till either EA, or some form of legal action is taken, or the attempt to profit ends, and the final version released to the public. Versions released here are just a way to find people to support this. Now you understand....

20 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

That seems like a misunderstanding? Maybe the whole saves file?

I know! It doesn't seem realistic. You have the entire game files being read, and used to create a game world based on the information located in the save files, all ending up with less memory used to actually run the game than needed to store this information in both places (game/save files).

You can read through this a bit to see it reflects our current conversation in more depth. http://modthesims.info/t/467931

For transparency, I'll list the size of both my 'mod' folder, and the default files created by EA to store sim3pack use.

Spoiler

950360638_sims3docfolder.png.acb9b167530cb45864932a75d61477ae.png1242474388_DCCcachesims3packs.png.11d8b1196763f57cda55ae8f6801ca74.png830691376_Sims3modfolder.png.86f8e38fa6817eb03f56cadb816c7ef5.png1079967477_sims3x86folder.png.b654bbf08403cfb5c13a3e2ca257262f.png

For transparency, I'll list the size of both my 'mod' folder, and the default files created by EA to store sim3pack use

I imagine the reason for the size of your C:Program files is that you have a lot of expansion and stuff packs? What you have for the mods folder is rather tame, at 2.49GB.

Maybe the 3GB save is they were looking at RAM usage on process monitor, because mine will run that high too some times. 3.15GB on my last save. But the save file size is still only 303MB now. It jumped because we went to France again. More double and triple img and snap files in the NDH package!

When I open the save file packages, they're a lot of SIMOs and SIMEs being stored for each world. Then a bunch of TXTC, TXTF and other files I don't know how to open, and aren't sure what they are. Imgs and snaps get deleted regularly and can cut a save in half.

Also, I have only a few things in my DCCache, but the dcdb0.dbc file is almost 1.2MB. I hadn't looked at it before. Wonder if removing all the imgs from there would speed things up?

9 hours ago, landess said:

Reality check: This mod was created to make money. Because of legality, the mod must be made public. Because of the desire to make money the newest version(s) of the mod is hidden behind a patreon paywall. This could go on for many years till either EA, or some form of legal action is taken, or the attempt to profit ends, and the final version released to the public. Versions released here are just a way to find people to support this. Now you understand....

I know! It doesn't seem realistic. You have the entire game files being read, and used to create a game world based on the information located in the save files, all ending up with less memory used to actually run the game than needed to store this information in both places (game/save files).

You can read through this a bit to see it reflects our current conversation in more depth. http://modthesims.info/t/467931

For transparency, I'll list the size of both my 'mod' folder, and the default files created by EA to store sim3pack use.

Reveal hidden contents

950360638_sims3docfolder.png.acb9b167530cb45864932a75d61477ae.png1242474388_DCCcachesims3packs.png.11d8b1196763f57cda55ae8f6801ca74.png830691376_Sims3modfolder.png.86f8e38fa6817eb03f56cadb816c7ef5.png1079967477_sims3x86folder.png.b654bbf08403cfb5c13a3e2ca257262f.png

Well, I know the system. It's just... Usually, people release it publicly after a couple of months. It seems this didn't get updated for 8 months and I thought it was abandoned.

10 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

you have a lot of expansion and stuff packs? What you have for the mods folder is rather tame, at 2.49GB.

All expansions, no stuff packs. Because my Los Aneigos save was closing in on 1/2 hour loads and getting error 12 or whatever the save error is, I went back in and started merging mods again - it had been close to 2 years since I did that last. Since I'm running basically the same game from 10 years ago, I have way more sims3packs installed then I would like, but those are what's in the DCC caches.

2 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Well, I know the system.

Yeah, didn't mean to come off so strong, but you're not the only one reading these posts if you get my drift. FYI, KinkyWorld has been put on the back burner since a second 'original' project has been started. So who knows? You may be correct - abandoned - only time or OnikiKay will tell.