[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

@carine florida What version of KW are you running?

I ask because I can tell you really want help, and seem willing to do what it takes. If it's the newest version, then I just can't, since I use .375 and this bothers me.

So many issues, so many problems with the newest build. So many players using it...

It's like watching some kid you know fail at something over and over again, but there's nothing you can do.

.375 is the shallow end of the pool, it's safe there, and people can help you.

2 hours ago, carine florida said:

I don't know what to do.

I'm not sure, but in your KW settings, do you have "call girls and whores" enabled? I can't remember if that has to be turned on or not,but worth a try.

4 hours ago, landess said:

I've meaning to say: Thanks for joining us.

Awww thanks.  I lurked, leached, and learned long enough (like 14 months)... or, well, since most of the last 4 was about 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, just running TS3. ? life? I have a simlife, that's good enough! lol

And, well, as for system... um... i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz overclocked to um... something around 4.5GHz with 64GB of (waaaaahhhhhh EA please do a patch for TS3 to let me use it) memory and a GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6GB memory. ... Yet, with all that gaming power, what do I choose to run?  TS3.  Because the reviews for TS4 had me not even wanting to download it, and the (what I've read) crap dealing with Origin has me not wanting it even if it is free at the moment (or so I saw someone mention recently).  Maybe it's because my idea of games was started in the CGA days, and anything too good loses the "game" feel and starts feeling like a movie. (shrugs)

Oh, hey, an actual KW question:

At some point KW introduced the ability to "drug" drinks, but I've never had the ability to do that if ordering drinks in a bar (either for another sim or a 'round' of drinks).  The only time I've ever seen that option available is if a sim makes drinks on their own, in a non-bartender type situation.  Is that the normal behaviour, or did I bollocks something up along the way?

I've never pursued the drink/drug thing.

Speculation on it: It's not tied to Nightlife, so the professional bars are exempt. When a 'serving dish' has normal drinks on it, I believe you can spike a drink as an option to drink/bring to another/? if you have the drug in inventory. This is about as far as I understand.

It seems a lot of ideas were started, but the more they are integrated, the more problems arise. We see this all the time in the Sims. When an EP is introduced, then other mechanics have to accept and play nice with the 'new'. Not always the case, followed by patches....

Just remembered, the KW drinks - Beer/Wine/Whiskey/Absinth - these may also be used, but not sure. I tend to avoid these as they definitely add spice to the game, with some results that last well beyond the boundaries of 'reality'.

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

do you have "call girls and whores" enabled?

I disable this when playing a save using a brothel. Don't need the competition. Although in reality, neither would truly affect the other since the customer pool isn't shared. 

7 hours ago, landess said:

Have you tried the SMautofel ?

As far as I know the SMautofel is included in the latest SManimation files what Twilightstorm load up in his wonderful Passion thread.

So, if you have the SManimations installed from there, then no need for SMautofel I think.

By the way, Spaceman's (who is still around here) animations are great and I like them. Unfortunately some of them look a little odd in KW since he used a different penis.

Twilightstorm  implemented this (movable and long) Penis in Passion for the SManimations. So, in Passion they work correct and look great.

7 hours ago, landess said:

If I can figure out what someone means, that's good enough for me

Not to my opinion, since many messages KW shows are just hint's from and for the programmer that there is some work open to do and be cryptic. However, once Oniki published ver. 399 here, I send a PM to here/him and offer the localization file besides a corrected icon what is corrupt in this version 399. But she/he did not visit the LL anymore after. So, I deleted the PM after half a year or so.  Really there is a huge potential in terms of gameplay if you can enjoy funny and clear wordings in KW (clear wording I mean especially in regard to the option menus).

9 hours ago, carine florida said:

Clydie, I did exactly what you said.

8 hours ago, landess said:

What version of KW are you running?

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I'm not sure, but in your KW settings, do you have "call girls and whores" enabled? I can't remember if that has to be turned on or not,but worth a try.

I think Landess is right, we are a little lost in the different KW versions.

In addition KW offers two parallel possibilities to enable whores. One basic is what LadySmoks said and the second is to open and manage a own brothel and HIRE employees for that.

As I understand you want to manage your own brothel, so we have to come back to the version of KW and what you did in your mod folder and saves.

In case you had 375 installed and then 399 and back to 375 using the same game with saves or something similar, there can be many not explainable issues  happen.

Start a vanilla game, install 375, try again and see if you get stuck again. Then describe the problem and I am sure you will get usable help here.

It is time consuming, but do not see a way to avoid that. Sorry.

I'm not sure what is going wrong for carine florida. I actually tried to force my game not to allow a brothel and can't find a reason for it not to work. It seems that as long as KW is enabled, brothels can be created.

Do you have a Phone or a Smartphone in your game ? It could be you need to have the expansion where the Smartphone comes with installed, but do not remember which EP it was.

My last idea on that.....

Otherwise, yes download and freshly install the version Landess kindly provide for you above and start a clean and new game as I said earlier.

Good luck !

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

There is something going on here at LL with the KW files. I downloaded 3 February to replace corrupted files, and got build 375 with some files being a little different from the one landess posted.

That's weird, because I just downloaded both files that you and @landess posted today and did a binary comparison of them and didn't find any differences.

Now, as for what is in the 1st post.  That's 0.3, not 0.37.  The compressed file extension is .7z (a different compression than .zip).  If you don't read carefully you'll miss that (I do remember making that mistake when I first found this thread many months ago).   (Edit #2: this has been a confusion regarding that attachment [0.3] to the 1st post since at least 2017.  So don't feel bad if you were confused, many others were as well.)

This also explains why @carine florida did not have the option for creating a brothel.  It was added in 0.36, so did not exist at all in 0.3. 

On 2/15/2015 at 9:02 AM, OnikiKay said:
v0.36:
+Brothel management (WIP). Create brothels, hire whores, consult their profile, give them an assignment, setup their schedule and earn lots of money. Manage your business from your smarth phone or any computer.

Hopefully all this makes sense. 

On 2/13/2020 at 7:36 AM, Clydie said:

since I modified meanwhile most of them in the way to have them more realistic in my sense (correct partner selection).

Were any of your modifications to correct volume?  There's a few (and I'm still hesitant to name/blame a specific creator, since I'm not sure it's just one) that have the "woohoo hey yebby!" type sounds playing full volume regardless of what lot the sim playing the animation is on vs which lot I'm viewing.

I've basically had to go back to build 399 of KW to have the "stage blacklist" function to get rid of those "broken" animations.

My techie-ness is limited when it comes to animations and audio clips, in general, but it's nonexistent when you put sims 3 packages and file formats into the mix. :( 

I've been thinking of this for a while, but it's one of those "grrr ? wtf!" that causes me to pause the game & go reset (or totally annihilate) the sim doing the animation.  The one that just happened was KW_L666_Animations.a_L666_gansty_01 (a solo dance thing, which I despise for other reasons).  Like I said earlier, I'm not 100% sure it's the same creator for all that had issues, since it's so few of them, and with 20 packages & 1000 stages installed, it's really gonna take a bit to narrow it down.  (edit: this current occurrence did, finally, let me figure out that it is any sim, not just my current household, but it might still be limited to only lots where a member of my household is currently located.)
(edit3:  KW_L666_animations.a_L666_masturbatedancing_02 does not have the same issue, thus my confusions: same creator, same package, just different animation.  Anyway, I wanted to make it clear it wasn't all that one package...)

One thing I did notice, though, is that there's 2 separate threads for the L666 animations (one for Passion, one for KW) and so I might've got the wrong one installed.  It also looks like they've deleted their LL account, so can't directly ask (or tag) any more. :/ 

But, @Clydie, since you've done animations, maybe you can shed some light as to how that would even be possible.  I don't see any options in the OKW xml that leads me to think it's some setting in that.  So I'm thinking the only other thing it could be is the animation itself.  Unless audio is separate from animations?  Any thoughts/insights/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, Clydie said:

Do you have a Phone or a Smartphone in your game

The Sims 3 shipped with a 'smartphone'. In the Sims 2 you had to go to a store and buy one. I do miss a few things about the Sims 2, but I digress.

If the University EP is installed, there are more options to choose from on the phone by default (EA), but can't remember off my head if KW also adds function to the UNI upgraded phone. Though this version does work with KW proper.

Last: Into the Future EP will allow you to upgrade your phone further - Don't Do It if you plan on using KW function on that phone. For what ever reason, KW does NOT recognize the Into the Future upgraded phone. Test for yourself, but have a good save ready to reload.

The Holo-Computers also seem exempt from KW, yet this isn't a problem, but more of a shame.....

KW TV on the Holo-TV works fine though.

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I'm not 100% sure it's the same creator

I posted earlier to those using the L666 animations: There is an updated version near the end of L666 animations download post, in which (since L666 patreon is gone) the latest patreon version has been uploaded, and another member 'cleaned' and combined, and uploaded 'that' version.

Perhaps L666 herself made the change and it's trickling into the game that way? Speculation of the purest form - otherwise known as talking out your ass. :)

Obligatory screenshot

Spoiler

Screenshot-541.jpg.4ee52ea9bae2169332981cc94610c890.jpg

11 hours ago, okaneko said:

Hi, i see there's a blackmail system listed in wiki changelog. Is it working? How to perform it in game?
love this mod, really awesome!

As you can tell, I use the version posted beneath your post. I have no knowledge of this change or use, but 'bumped' your question so others might comment.

I need some help that may or may not be just this mod, I recently reinstalled sims 3 its version 18.0.126 and this is the only mod i have installed right now and it wont let the game get past the loading screen it just crashes, is this because of the version am I not up to date, am i too up to date? I'm very confused and can't find answers.

anybody who can help, thank you ; _ ; 

I run Sims 3 version 1.67 with up to 1.69 as being recognized as the best versions to use.

From page ONE of this post in the description :  Requires: The Sims 3 v1.67

I don't know about others, but I tend to read stuff like this before installing ANYTHING.

Not everything is 'forward compatible' Just add Origin, and a pinch of 'needs Win 8.2 or better' and you begin to see the problems with 'patching' games 10 years after release.

You can bet EA is doing everything possible without being blatantly obvious that they want the Sims 3 to go away and everyone spend $ on the Sims 4.