Yup this mod is dead

Please investigate before making blanket USELESS statements.  The mod author updated the 105beta version back in Februrary (2 mos ago).  So, nope, not dead.  The author just has real life to contend with, just like everyone else.

To add to srayesmanll's comments,the mod works well in any case so if the author takes a break there's no great loss. I actually went back to the 1.04 version which I prefer personally as I don't use followers, but aside from that odd occasional teleport bug the 1.05beta works fine as well

Yup this mod is dead

Please investigate before making blanket USELESS statements.  The mod author updated the 105beta version back in Februrary (2 mos ago).  So, nope, not dead.  The author just has real life to contend with, just like everyone else.

To add to srayesmanll's comments,the mod works well in any case so if the author takes a break there's no great loss. I actually went back to the 1.04 version which I prefer personally as I don't use followers, but aside from that odd occasional teleport bug the 1.05beta works fine as well

What's the teleport bug?

I haven't used the beta yet, but I do want to since I hear you can bath w/o soap in that version. I was waiting for that to come out of beta, but it looks like that may take a long time (or never, if the mod author doesn't return).

What's the teleport bug?

I haven't used the beta yet, but I do want to since I hear you can bath w/o soap in that version. I was waiting for that to come out of beta, but it looks like that may take a long time (or never, if the mod author doesn't return).

It's intermittent, I thought it was just me but others confirmed it as well. Basically on odd occasions, when you bathe it teleports you back to your last cell change. I've never had it happen using V1.04, it possibly could be the way it interacts with RND or Purewaters mods, I don't know.

This was on a clean new game not an upgraded one. As it was happening early on I abandoned it and started a new game with v1.04.

What's the teleport bug?

It's intermittent, I thought it was just me but others confirmed it as well. Basically on odd occasions, when you bathe it teleports you back to your last cell change. I've never had it happen using V1.04, it possibly could be the way it interacts with RND or Purewaters mods, I don't know.

This was on a clean new game not an upgraded one. As it was happening early on I abandoned it and started a new game with v1.04.

Never saw that when using the beta5 (haven't actually tried the b6 yet).  Also, I don't have RND or Purewaters, so your suggestion that it could be a conflict with those seems logical.

Never saw that when using the beta5 (haven't actually tried the b6 yet).  Also, I don't have RND or Purewaters, so your suggestion that it could be a conflict with those seems logical.

I suspect Purewaters as there was a change in the installer for it (and I assume the code as well) and on both occasions I had the bug I was in or by water. But I couldn't reproduce it at will, if it hadn't been confirmed by another user I would have just assumed my game was bugged. I did some checking around and the teleport bug has occurred in other mods though it seems to be quite a rarity.

I've never had the problem in V1.04 (current game is over 100 hours) and I've not seen it in previous games either. As I don't use followers I prefer V1.04 in any case, I didn't like the ability to get clean without soap in V1.05beta, it rather seems to negate the purpose of the mod, but that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...

[snip]

I've never had the problem in V1.04 (current game is over 100 hours) and I've not seen it in previous games either. As I don't use followers I prefer V1.04 in any case, I didn't like the ability to get clean without soap in V1.05beta, it rather seems to negate the purpose of the mod, but that's just me.

I actually was waiting for 1.05 to come out of beta before using the mod because I didn't want to always need soap. I mainly wanted to be able to rinse off shader effects like blood, but if I did that every time I got into a fight, I'd be out of soap real fast.

Also, the mod author has not logged into LL or nexus for almost 2 months now, and his blog hasn't been updated either. Hopefully the guy is okay.

Edit: Nevermind... seems neither 1.04 nor 1.05 beta6 clean off blood. I thought I got it to work before... And 1.05 beta6 seems broken in not reducing the dirtiness level even with soap.

[snip]

I actually was waiting for 1.05 to come out of beta before using the mod because I didn't want to always need soap. I mainly wanted to be able to rinse off shader effects like blood, but if I did that every time I got into a fight, I'd be out of soap real fast.

Also, the mod author has not logged into LL or nexus for almost 2 months now, and his blog hasn't been updated either. Hopefully the guy is okay.

Edit: Nevermind... seems neither 1.04 nor 1.05 beta6 clean off blood. I thought I got it to work before... And 1.05 beta6 seems broken in not reducing the dirtiness level even with soap.

Mine reduces dirtiness with soap. Just not without.

Hi there, great looking mod, but i'm having some trouble installing it. The install seems to go fine, but then once i'm in game, no MCM Menu appears, and no options for bathing ever appear, there seem to be no conflicts or errors occurring during installation, so I was wondering if there was any idea of why it's not working :( Thanks in advance.

dumb question here, how you take a bath?

edit: just read the description... I need a soap

I thought that if I pressed a button and was near water i would take bath , and the soap was just a "bonus"

i think an option to bathe without soap would be nice

Hi,

Your mod look awesome,  I'm using currently Realistic Needs and Diseases and I think this would add the cherry on the sundae.  Sadly it is not working as intended.  I need to be swimming to be able to wash.  I receive the message like there is not enough water to wash even if I have up to my hips in water.  I also tried your beta version 1.05 from Nexus, but I need to be under water for it to work.  I did not try it with unchecking the need for water.  I did my testing on both the 1.04 and 1.05 version with W.A.T.E.R, Pure Water and with vanilla water.  Same result on all account.  Not sure if it could be Realistic Needs and Diseases that cause the problem. When I ran FNIS on the 1.05 version I got the following error:
Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStanding.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim
Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStandingTypeBStart.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim
2 possible consistence issues

Hope this will help. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your final version. ;)

I've been using for a while already and have not encountered any major problem, the only one so far is that if I use "free camera" while taking a bath my character gets stuck and cant move at all, I had to take new bath without free camera to be free again :P

Hi,

Your mod look awesome,  I'm using currently Realistic Needs and Diseases and I think this would add the cherry on the sundae.  Sadly it is not working as intended.  I need to be swimming to be able to wash.  I receive the message like there is not enough water to wash even if I have up to my hips in water.  I also tried your beta version 1.05 from Nexus, but I need to be under water for it to work.  I did not try it with unchecking the need for water.  I did my testing on both the 1.04 and 1.05 version with W.A.T.E.R, Pure Water and with vanilla water.  Same result on all account.  Not sure if it could be Realistic Needs and Diseases that cause the problem. When I ran FNIS on the 1.05 version I got the following error:

Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStanding.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim

Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStandingTypeBStart.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim

2 possible consistence issues

Hope this will help. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your final version. ;)

You find the animations you look for here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52269/?

You should use the optional DL.

Animation pack.

is there a way so that if your character is dirty/filthy  you will produce a stinky steam. i tried to do it my self about i dont know the whole modding thing yet,

cool idea, I just think the smoke should be less "thick" haha

I've an idea. You know that cum texture that appears after a sex act in Sexlab?

Could you make it so that bathing removes it?

That is not one good idea, since this is not one adult mod and it exists on Nexus to. And it is sexlab that adds the cum.

But if you want to make one plugin for it.

This mod is really awesome. I am looking forward to trying it. I just have one question/ request: The W.A.T.E.R. option is now outdated, as W.A.T.E.R. is now part of the "Ruffled Feather" mod and one can choose an option "Legendary Edition" for Dawnguard and Dragonborn. However "Bathing in Skyrim" does not recognize this and the esps for W.A.T.E.R. for Dragonborn and Dawnguard specifically are now missing (as they are in one file if one has both DLCs). It would be great to update this. :'3

I've an idea. You know that cum texture that appears after a sex act in Sexlab?

Could you make it so that bathing removes it?

That is not one good idea, since this is not one adult mod and it exists on Nexus to. And it is sexlab that adds the cum.

But if you want to make one plugin for it.

Accept if one does not have sexlab installed it should have no effect. So if it is on the Nexus it shouldn't matter, since it would never apply the cum effect unless you also have sexlab.

• 3 weeks later...