Since I updated,  I am not getting any visuals even though the mod says I am 100% dirty.

Have you copied the DirtFX.dds and the FilthFX.dds into your skyrim/data/textures/mzin/Bathe folder?

I used NMM with the option for the alternate textures but I will double check the paths.

Thanks.

Edit: It appears FilfthFX.dds was not copied by NMM. I added manually and will check later if that helps.

Greetings!

Small question. Since I'm seriously low on ESPs.. well honestly I have no room =_= I was wondering if it would be safe to merge all the add on together with the main mod? Or will it go.. well .. badly? Thanks!

-C

Other users have reported being able to merge some of the plugins successfully, but it's something I've never done so I can't be 100% sure. There should be zero record overlap between them, so I don't see why merging would be a problem - but I don't know the intricacies of that process. Alternatively - my water esps only exist to mark the water as "dangerous water" which seems to be the same way Real Needs and Diseases detects water, so if you have the RND versions of your water mods installed you can probably skip/delete my water plugins entirely without issue.

Since I updated,  I am not getting any visuals even though the mod says I am 100% dirty.

Have you copied the DirtFX.dds and the FilthFX.dds into your skyrim/data/textures/mzin/Bathe folder?

I used NMM with the option for the alternate textures but I will double check the paths.

Thanks.

Edit: It appears FilfthFX.dds was not copied by NMM. I added manually and will check later if that helps.

I created my FOMOD xml by hand, so if there is some issue I'll try and fix it. I test it locally with MO often and don't have an issue, but it seems NMM is much more particular about FOMOD format than MO.

Since I updated, I am not getting any visuals even though the mod says I am 100% dirty.

Thanks.

I created my FOMOD xml by hand, so if there is some issue I'll try and fix it. I test it locally with MO often and don't have an issue, but it seems NMM is much more particular about FOMOD format than MO.

It was an easy fix though.. I wish I could help but I have zero experience troubleshooting Fomod files.

Greetings!

Small question. Since I'm seriously low on ESPs.. well honestly I have no room =_= I was wondering if it would be safe to merge all the add on together with the main mod? Or will it go.. well .. badly? Thanks!

-C

Other users have reported being able to merge some of the plugins successfully, but it's something I've never done so I can't be 100% sure. There should be zero record overlap between them, so I don't see why merging would be a problem - but I don't know the intricacies of that process. Alternatively - my water esps only exist to mark the water as "dangerous water" which seems to be the same way Real Needs and Diseases detects water, so if you have the RND versions of your water mods installed you can probably skip/delete my water plugins entirely without issue.

OOooo! That helps a great deal!! Than I won't have to install them and just the main mod. YAY! That's fantastic :) Thank you! 

-C

This looks great. Are there any problems running it with Private Needs if I switch off the PN Hygiene option and use this instead as PN also has some soap recipes?

EDIT:

Just tested and it looks good. One small caveat though, it looks like it would be a good idea to let any of PN's soap effect clear first or they'll probably be in game permanently (just guessing but from past experience quite likely). Also be aware that the PN soaps still show in the cooking recipe list but as this mod gives it's soaps in 5's it's easy to see the difference (the only real clash is the lavender soap).

This is a brilliant mod and I love the way the soap gets used up. This will go into my permanent mod load, it really adds immersion :)

A question on the percentages is it straight line or cumulative. For example after hour 1 in a dungeon pc would be 2.5% after hour 2 would pc be 5% or 5.06% (assuming 2 x 2.5 plus 2.5% of 2.5). Doesn't make a lot of difference at low levels but it does higher up

One addition for an upgrade in the future, could you add sliders to customise the debuffs for being dirty and maybe add some more tiers as well (playing an assassin/conjurer I'm particularly interested in increasing the sneak debuffs depending on hygiene levels)?

I use it from the other site, and it works like charm.

Perfect for immersion as it runs smoothly with RND/Frostfall/Climates of Tamriel.

But dont take one bath when you are cold :P

And getting the followers to take one bath would be nice.

Lydia is nagging all the time about she need to bath.

I use it from the other site, and it works like charm.

Perfect for immersion as it runs smoothly with RND/Frostfall/Climates of Tamriel.

But dont take one bath when you are cold :P

And getting the followers to take one bath would be nice.

Lydia is nagging all the time about she need to bath.

Follower support is something I'm actively working on, but it's an area I'm new to.

It seems like adding dirt tracking/bathing to the vanilla follower system would not be terribly difficult, but adding it to follower overhauls may be. Does pretty much everyone use a follower overhaul? Which one(s) are the most popular? Would vanilla support be enough?

I'm still working out how to approach this since there seems to be a lot of ways it could work and I'm not sure which is best.

A big thumbs up, for a most excellent mod :D I've been testing it out whilst adventuring through Solstheim ( A dry a dusty place with very few places to bathe.. :lol: I assume the water surrounding Solstheim is salty and can't be used)  and it to works very well. I particularly like the soap rewards included in boss chests. Nice touch, when you can't find troll fat..

I am however getting alot of errors in the papyrus log. I did a check and no one else appears to have reported these yet, so I incluide an snippet from my log for your information. It seems that two functions HasKeyword() and GetValue() are being referenced with NULL pointers.

[01/07/2015 - 05:06:50PM] VM is freezing...
[01/07/2015 - 05:06:50PM] VM is frozen
[01/07/2015 - 05:06:51PM] Saving game...
[01/07/2015 - 05:06:51PM] VM is thawing...
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] Error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.LocationHasKeyWordInList() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 165
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 88
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 43
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.LocationHasKeyWordInList() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 165
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 88
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 43
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] Error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 91
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 91
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyMagicEffects() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 116
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 44
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyMagicEffects() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 116
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 44

This mod definitely needs to be integrated to SexLab Aroused and various other derivative mods. Think of it who doesn't want to get ib the pants of someone who smells like roses. I know it's cheesy idiom but you can't fault it when it works.

Anyway, great job with the mod. Didn't try it yet but I will at the first opportunity. I really hope it was my blathering that inspired you to do this.

A big thumbs up, for a most excellent mod :D I've been testing it out whilst adventuring through Solstheim ( A dry a dusty place with very few places to bathe.. :lol: I assume the water surrounding Solstheim is salty and can't be used)  and it to works very well. I particularly like the soap rewards included in boss chests. Nice touch, when you can't find troll fat..

I am however getting alot of errors in the papyrus log. I did a check and no one else appears to have reported these yet, so I incluide an snippet from my log for your information. It seems that two functions HasKeyword() and GetValue() are being referenced with NULL pointers.

That is interesting. Do you know what area/cell your character is in when you get this?

I'll have to add an additional check to prevent this regardless, but I'm curious.

That is interesting. Do you know what area/cell your character is in when you get this?

I'll have to add an additional check to prevent this regardless, but I'm curious.

I'm not exactly sure where I was when I getting

[01/07/2015 - 12:22:41PM] Error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[Active effect 2 on  (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.LocationHasKeyWordInList() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 165

[Active effect 2 on  (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 88

[Active effect 2 on  (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 43

I'll monitor the logs as I continue to play and let you know. This evening I reached chapter vi of the black book "waking dreams" and the log was only spammed with

[01/08/2015 - 02:23:24AM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[Active effect 2 on  (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyMagicEffects() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 116

[Active effect 2 on  (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 44

[01/08/2015 - 02:23:24AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"

@edit I have found one safe location where both errors occur, so you can reproduce what I get. My character is located by the shoreline under Solitude, by the secret exit.

is there any chance of a version of this mod which just enables you to bathe, without the negative effect stuff (i dont mean disable them in mcm i mean a slimmed down version for lower end pcs and laptops to use) and affects npcs (that is sometimes when approaching a settlement you will see a random npc bathing in a nearby stream or something). i dont particularly want the dirtiness stuff, but for immersion that would be great. i wouldnt mind there being a special soap which is the fave scent of your companion or partner and can increase their arousal (i use sexlab aroused redux) tho. i rely a lot on sneaking in my game and the smell giving that away isnt something i want when i spend many skyrim hours clearing a large barrow or something.

:( oh okay.

(An older screen, but I still find it funny :P)

I agree., this is an issue... the lack of showers under waterfalls is another one.

I do understand the problem with water detection in Skyrim though.

It's already a wonder we got this kind of mod running that far :)

Can you add an MCM option to reduce or disable the soapy effect during bathing? It's very cool that you added it, but it also obscures too much of my character's body. How can I perv to her bathing if all I see are suds?  :P

Yes, I have already added it in my test build so it should be in place for the next release. I got too excited about how cool I thought it was and didn't think about letting people turn it on/off :)

:( oh okay.

(An older screen, but I still find it funny :P)

That shouldn't happen. What water mods are you using, where are you standing and what plugins of mine do you have installed in what order?

That shouldn't happen. What water mods are you using, where are you standing and what plugins of mine do you have installed in what order?

Nothing, near Old Attius Farm south of Ravenrock, vanilla install :P but this was with version 1.01 from Nexus like a month ago.

RE: There is not enough water to bathe

I get the same in any part of the sea surrounding Solstheim. I assumed this was a clever check on the water quality (It's murder to get a decent lather with soap in salt water).

I'm using the legendary edition with no special water mod and the latest version (1.04) of your mod posted here on LL.

RE: There is not enough water to bathe

I get the same in any part of the sea surrounding Solstheim. I assumed this was a clever check on the water quality (It's murder to get a decent lather with soap in salt water).

I'm using the legendary edition with no special water mod and the latest version (1.04) of your mod posted here on LL.

OR it could be because of the same reason the fishing around solstheim is non existent; the ashfall has contaminated the water around solstheim. it might be like bathing in a liquid sandpaper given how sharp volcanic ash is.

i imagine any fresh water on land is thus too precious to waste on bathing so i wouldnt be surprised if everyone stinks and nobody notices because they got used to it in raven rock. i am actually surprised they dont import ice from the northern area to melt for drinking water!

Here is a preview of where I'm at with follower support:

You can turn dirt tracking on/off for a follower through dialog options and the tracking is separate from the player. If you dismiss a follower, the tracking will automatically stop the next time the script updates. Followers can get the same dirt special effects that the player can get and you can also ask a follower how dirty they feel.

You can order your follower to bathe or you can both bathe together. He gets his own animations options page in MCM with the same options as the player, so you can give him his own animation style, loop counts, equipment slots, etc totally separate from the player. If you tell him to bathe, he has to have soap in his inventory (which he will use) and be standing in water or he will complain about it and do nothing.

I think this should work with follower overhauls, but I'm just starting to test that out now.

Do you guys have any other features in mind? Let me know what you think.