The new update does fix the load/freeze issues (excellent), but now there's more :-/

• I have installed the animation package that resolves the FNIS issue, but there doesn't appear to be any soap suds while washing anymore. I have tried all options in the MCM for the player without success.
  • My player home that worked fine with version 1.04, now will not allow bathing. It's a custom home, Elisdriel - Bosmer inspired tree house by Elianora (Nexus ref: 57371) Bathing work fine in the grotto pool before, but now it tells me that there is not enough water to bathe and I'm nearly submerged. I'm using SKSE 1.07.02 that supposingly provides water detection.
  • The papyrus log is now spammed with the following error,

[01/24/2015 - 07:27:42PM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 163
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 75
[01/24/2015 - 07:27:42PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"
stack:
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 163
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 75

I'm not a doom bringer, I dearly love this mod and only wish to help iron out these issues. I have endorsed it at Nexus and would do the same here if I could :)

Thanks for the help so far guys. I'm working hard this weekend to iron all this out.

I discovered that the soap effect doesn't work because I left out a texture file by mistake while packaging the zip. I'll throw it in and re-upload shortly. I'm real sorry about that.

I'm investigating that Papyrus error. I think this might be an upgrade problem. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the mod through MCM?

I'm not sure I like this hip new water detection method. What do you guys think is better?

1. Require patches but have very accurate detection
  2. No patches, but worse detection and the possible need for small patches for individual mods

I can roll back to the old detection method, but then I need to add back all the patches. Also, waterfall detection becomes much more difficult.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys think.

Hmm.. as a person already at their esp limit, of course I like less esp's, but less accuracy hmmm... does take some thinking. The other version worked fine for me, but I haven't had the chance to thoroughly test this one, so my opinion is still up in the air on that. :) 

Thanks for the update! I'll toss it in :D 

-C

Thanks for the help so far guys. I'm working hard this weekend to iron all this out.

I discovered that the soap effect doesn't work because I left out a texture file by mistake while packaging the zip. I'll throw it in and re-upload shortly. I'm real sorry about that.

I'm investigating that Papyrus error. I think this might be an upgrade problem. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the mod through MCM?

I'm not sure I like this hip new water detection method. What do you guys think is better?

1. Require patches but have very accurate detection
  2. No patches, but worse detection and the possible need for small patches for individual mods

I can roll back to the old detection method, but then I need to add back all the patches. Also, waterfall detection becomes much more difficult.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys think.

The old method used for water detection certainly worked in the case of my custom location (i.e Elisdriel grotto pool). Maybe the SKSE 1.07.02 detection only works with vanilla game water locations. I know I was getting a problem bathing in the water surrounding Solstheim before. I'll check if this is still the case and report back.

As I said in the post on the nexus. I personally prefer the old detection system. While the SKSE detection system is nice in theory in practice it is hit and miss. The patches are a better option I think.

After all there is nothing more immersion breaking than being waist deep in a river and being told there is no water near you.

I went back to the old detection method with the newest beta. Hopefully that fixes a lot of these issues.

Oh yay :) 

Unfortunately with the newer detection it did not work with showers in inn. 

Still I enjoy the mod. Small question though. How does one get their follower to bathe? I gave them soap, I told them they get dirty over time, but when I bathe myself they do not bathe themselves. 

So I'm a little unsure what to do, thank you :) 

-C

I went back to the old detection method with the newest beta. Hopefully that fixes a lot of these issues.

Oh yay :)

Unfortunately with the newer detection it did not work with showers in inn. 

Still I enjoy the mod. Small question though. How does one get their follower to bathe? I gave them soap, I told them they get dirty over time, but when I bathe myself they do not bathe themselves. 

So I'm a little unsure what to do, thank you :)

-C

You should be able to order them to bathe (dialog option) or ask them if you want to bathe together which should force you both to bathe automatically. I don't have it setup for them to auto-bathe when you do quite yet.

Why try to detect water anyway? Just make the soap usable everywhere. I understand it's for the immersion, but people playing for immersion would use the soap near a water source anyway. Or you could try to detect if the character was swimming recently and make the soap usable in a small window after being submerged in water.

I'm back and I've tested the mod in several locations, all reporting that there is not enough water to bathe.

• Custom location: Elisdiel grotto pool
  • Solstheim sea
  • Estuary, Windhelm
  • Estuary, Solitude

• Control: Large pools by Dragonsreach. Here you can bathe

This was using Bathing in Skyrim 1.05 BETA 2-60421-1-05b2. Was this the latest beta you referred to when you reverted to the old method? I notice the beta download is no longer available here. Ah, Nexus has a new beta version 4.

EDIT: I've tested beta version 4 and can confirm that you can bathe in all of the above locations :D I love the new soap sud animation, that also works.

Lots of papyrus errors though ;)

EDIT1:

Almost immediately after bathing when it tells me that I feel clean, the filthy texture returns and I'm once again 100% filthy

Almost immediately after bathing when it tells me that I feel clean, the filthy texture returns and I'm once again 100% filthy

This is probably directly related to the papyrus errors - the lines it complains about are the lines that set/get the variable that represents your overall dirtiness. I'm still working on it, sorry it's not fixed yet.

This is probably directly related to the papyrus errors - the lines it complains about are the lines that set/get the variable that represents your overall dirtiness. I'm still working on it, sorry it's not fixed yet.

No worries ;) Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Why try to detect water anyway? 

I don't have a good answer for that. I think there are probably a lot of people on both sides of the fence on that, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I can make it optional during install.

EDIT: I started looking into this and I'm pretty sure I can do it through MCM. I'll work on it today and try to include it in 1.05 :D

Greetings!

I got the follower bathing to work. My followers bathed with me just fine, but they do not stop moving. So one suggestion I would have, perhaps make it so that they anchor in place whilst bathing? Otherwise they skid around still washing themselves lol 

Thanks for the mod! 

-C

Is anyone using the 1.04 version having trouble with the autoundress toggles staying the way you want them to? Like, untoggling ring and circlet to keep them on, closing the menu and then seeing that they're ticked again when re-opening the menu.

Is anyone using the 1.04 version having trouble with the autoundress toggles staying the way you want them to? Like, untoggling ring and circlet to keep them on, closing the menu and then seeing that they're ticked again when re-opening the menu.

No but if i have the Rose staff in my left hand before bathing I have it in the Right after the bath. Dunno why.

Hello

The French translation is finished and the tests reach the end, it remains for me to make a nice readme and to further test the first version. Then I pack everything and I balance on nexus, Brotherhood of Translators and loverlab.

The mod will be in 3 versions, first, second and vous and maybe even a little delirious release.

this

Hello

La traduction en français est finie et les tests arrivent au bout, il me reste plus qu'à faire un joli readme et à tester encore la version à la première. Ensuite, j'emballe le tout et je le balance sur nexus, confrérie des traducteurs et loverlab.

Le mod sera donc en 3 versions, première, deuxième et vouvoiement et peut-être même une version un peu délire.

Voilà

i realy hope u make it work with privete need becous thad has 2 bathing but it not  working soom time prorly

This mod works perfectly with Private Needs you just need to untoggle bathing in the Private Needs MCM.

It also sounds like you are using PN v3 that version is still in alpha and buggy, you should be using V2.11 which works properly

well the ting this one has the washing effect like the other dont

There is a basic washing animation in PN2.11 but this mods version is much better as is it's dirt effects (though I changed some of the settings in CK to lower disease and increase the sneak debuff to suit my personal taste).

It's quite easy to use both mods, in Private Needs simply untoggle Hygiene in the MCM, install Bathing in Skyrim and configure the settings to your liking and it works without problem.

The other parts of PN (i.e. urination and defecation) will carry on working as normal

Guest Jenova23

Will you think about adding npc support in the future? There are tons of similar bathing mods out there, but none of which that work with npc  on a global scale.

I wrote the scripts in a way that will let me bathe any actor, not just the player. Theoretically, the ability is there to attach bathing to any actor and make them get dirty, bathe, play animations, get soapy, everything. The problem that I need to solve is how to pick an NPC to bathe and track dirtiness. It looks like each of the most popular follower mods does their own follower tracking, so I would need to build a plugin for each one of those mods to get them to work together, plus a vanilla version for people that don't use follower mods.

Which follower mods do I choose?

I think this is the best follower mod out there --> FollowerLivePackage

Any progress on automatic follower or npc support?

Guest Jenova23

Will you think about adding npc support in the future? There are tons of similar bathing mods out there, but none of which that work with npc  on a global scale.

I wrote the scripts in a way that will let me bathe any actor, not just the player. Theoretically, the ability is there to attach bathing to any actor and make them get dirty, bathe, play animations, get soapy, everything. The problem that I need to solve is how to pick an NPC to bathe and track dirtiness. It looks like each of the most popular follower mods does their own follower tracking, so I would need to build a plugin for each one of those mods to get them to work together, plus a vanilla version for people that don't use follower mods.

Which follower mods do I choose?

I think this is the best follower mod out there --> FollowerLivePackage

Any progress on automatic follower or npc support?

Nice thank you.