The only things I could think at this point of would be very specific things that would probably be out of the scope of what this mod's intended to do - stuff like getting significantly dirtier when getting hit by the Afflicted or a chaurus' spit attacks, increasing dirtiness speed a bit when sneaking since you're so close to the ground, forbidding bathing in certain areas like in Riften and the Ragged Flagon's filthy stank water, and other stuff of that nature that may or may not be possible/worth the time.

The only things I could think at this point of would be very specific things that would probably be out of the scope of what this mod's intended to do - stuff like getting significantly dirtier when getting hit by the Afflicted or a chaurus' spit attacks, increasing dirtiness speed a bit when sneaking since you're so close to the ground, forbidding bathing in certain areas like in Riften and the Ragged Flagon's filthy stank water, and other stuff of that nature that may or may not be possible/worth the time.

I don't think those things are impossible, but yeah they may take some time. For example, it looks like Bethesda used "Default Water" as the water in the Ragged Flagon, so I'd probably need to do a cell edit to exclude it specifically, which is probably dangerous for compatibility. I guess I could keep a big list of cells/areas that are off limits in the script, but that might get out of control quick - I'm not sure.

The dirtiness value of the player is exposed so that anything can potentially interact with it to make the player more dirty or clean by any amount, so I might add stuff for that later. For instance, I know in the original Eat Drink Sleep Bathe mod eating corpses (Ring of Namira) would make you dirty real fast. A lot of people have been asking for a rag you can use without water to get slightly cleaner, which is something I'll probably add.

Is follower support going to be optional? Can you also make it clean blood / other fluids?

Yeah it's totally up to the player to choose which followers (if any) get dirty over time. You just talk to them and mention they appear to be getting dirty to start tracking and you can tell them they never get dirty to stop tracking. If you dismiss a follower, the next time the script updates (1 game hour) it will remove itself from the dismissed follower.

I really, really, really want to remove blood/decals from characters when they bathe, but I have not found a way to do this yet :(

Here is a preview of where I'm at with follower support:

You can turn dirt tracking on/off for a follower through dialog options and the tracking is separate from the player. If you dismiss a follower, the tracking will automatically stop the next time the script updates. Followers can get the same dirt special effects that the player can get and you can also ask a follower how dirty they feel.

You can order your follower to bathe or you can both bathe together. He gets his own animations options page in MCM with the same options as the player, so you can give him his own animation style, loop counts, equipment slots, etc totally separate from the player. If you tell him to bathe, he has to have soap in his inventory (which he will use) and be standing in water or he will complain about it and do nothing.

I think this should work with follower overhauls, but I'm just starting to test that out now.

Do you guys have any other features in mind? Let me know what you think.

1.The two sceen looping combined female animation (the one that has the hands washed firstly and then the legs (1st animation) and the one that has the butt and the breasts washed (2nd animation), is it a new feature?I have v. 1.04 installed and there is no option available in the mods MCM menu to combine different bathing animations in looping sequence-combos.If it's an upcoming feature then that's great!

2.It would be great if there was a way to have an add-on where the PC and/or NPCs would have wet/sweaty skin effect while in water or under a waterfall (or any source of water that can be used for bathing) and soon after till the body is dried out.Such a feature would add alot especially in combination with the 'wet and cold' and/or 'frostfall' mods that add to PC water dripping when wet.

3.An option to have a bath when it rains!It would be nice to have that when in the wilderness and away from pools/streams/rivers/lakes etc

4.An option for a hotkey for having a bath despite the fact of having/or not having a soap (there could be an option where the bathing under the lack of soap foam results in just the decreasing of dirtyness and full cleanliness when bathing with soap)

5.It would be nice to have the foam on face reduced/removed and have some on the hair (if possible,probably not due to great variaty of hair meshes)!

Edit

And please add a mod version in the mod's page name for easier update tracking :)

since this is a non adult mod, I am not sure if you are open to suggestions like this.. but have you thought about doing an integration/addon for sexlab?

So that animations played could add to the dirtyness level. Maybe with multipliers for different types of animations.. or being able to remove the cum-effect-texture by bathing? or reduce visual effects from apropos wear and tear?

just some ideas..  :ph34r:

anyways, great mod! finally i am able to really use these bathtubs from "realistic room rental". loving it :)

since this is a non adult mod, I am not sure if you are open to suggestions like this.. but have you thought about doing an integration/addon for sexlab?

So that animations played could add to the dirtyness level. Maybe with multipliers for different types of animations.. or being able to remove the cum-effect-texture by bathing? or reduce visual effects from apropos wear and tear?

just some ideas..  :ph34r:

anyways, great mod! finally i am able to really use these bathtubs from "realistic room rental". loving it :)

SexLab integration is definitely something I'll consider, but I want to get through most of the major development before I start that process - probably some time soon after 1.05 unless some really awesome requests/ideas come in for new features, or I have some epiphany or something. I have never worked on integrating anything with SexLab though, so it might be a slow road to travel.

One thing I prefer about iNeed over RND is if you have a custom playerhouse without access to water, you can build a bucket or a water collecting tower where you can refill your waterskins.

And while some custom playerhouses comes with indoor or outdoor pool, not all do. 

So my idea would be if there was some way to craft washbasins, a bucket or even a wooden bathtub that could trigger the bathing animation

I've been enjoying your mod, but I'm still getting a ton of errors in the papyrus log. I've been monitoring the forums here and at Nexus, and no one else appears to have reported these.

[01/22/2015 - 11:19:10AM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 9 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyMagicEffects() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 116
[Active effect 9 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 44
[01/22/2015 - 11:19:10AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"
stack:
[Active effect 9 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyMagicEffects() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 116
[Active effect 9 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 44

and less frequently

[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] Error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.LocationHasKeyWordInList() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 165
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.ApplyDirt() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 88
[Active effect 2 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnUpdateGameTime() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 43
[01/07/2015 - 05:07:26PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"

Is this just me :s or are these errors common; and if so, will they be fixed in the next release.

I've been enjoying your mod, but I'm still getting a ton of errors in the papyrus log. I've been monitoring the forums here and at Nexus, and no one else appears to have reported these.

<snip>

Is this just me :s or are these errors common; and if so, will they be fixed in the next release.

Basically, it's complaining that GetCurrentLocation() is returning "None"

I have it fixed for 1.05 but it should not be dangerous.

<snip>

Basically, it's complaining that GetCurrentLocation() is returning "None"

I have it fixed for 1.05 but it should not be dangerous.

Nice one :) thanks

Ok, 1.05 beta is up for download. Be careful as there might be some problems. I've tested things pretty thoroughly, but I made some big/ambitious changes and I may have messed something up.

Some changes include...
+ new water detection method with removal of all water patches
+ showering under waterfalls (still looking for a good animation)
+ follower support
(full change log is in the archive)

If you experience any problems or you have suggestions let me know here or in a pm.

Ok. We will tell you if some is wrong :)

Dl and trying now.

I must say as I did say on Nexus, this mod is what saved my skyrim goes perfect whit RND and other mods. But dont take one swim when using Frostfall you die.

I did read on the description page about load order.

Is it possible to tell LOOT to stop sorting this mod and washbasins wrong?

Thanks for the update. First issue found was with missing animations when I ran FNIS.

Reading Bathing in Skyrim V?.? ...
Reading FNIS V5.2 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.2 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.1 ...
Reading SexLab V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male\
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female\

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...

1037 animations for 6 mods successfully included (character)
 322 animations for 1 mods and 18 creatures successfully included.

Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStanding.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim
Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStandingTypeBStart.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim
 2 possible consistence issues

EDIT: Big problem. Mod is listed as being active in NMM (0.60.02a), but not in skyrim and 'Bathing in Skyrim' MCM disappears from save. I even tried the download from Nexus with the same results.

EDIT1: Apologizes for above edit. The new NMM does things a little differently. When you install a mod manually, it doesn't automatically activate the plugin. Once I did this, it caused a freeze on load. I'm not sure whether this points at what causes the freeze, but the last thing the papyrus log shows is,

[01/24/2015 - 10:12:07AM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnEffectStart() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 59
[01/24/2015 - 10:12:07AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp2"
stack:
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnEffectStart() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 59
[01/24/2015 - 10:12:07AM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnEffectStart() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 66
[01/24/2015 - 10:12:07AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp2"
stack:
[Active effect 5 on (00000014)].mzinGetDirtyOverTime.OnEffectStart() - "mzinGetDirtyOverTime.psc" Line 66

Greetings,

I've tried the new beta and I like it so far, but what I have noted is that I am not getting an option on my followers for them to bathe, basically its not in their dialogue options. At the moment I only have one follower and he's from interesting NPC's so, that might be the issue? Since he's a custom voiced follower. The wash cloth, has no texture. Also when I attempted to use it in the room of the bannered Mare it told me that there wasn't enough water. Also I T-posed through most of the "Mixed" animations that I chose for bathing, though on occasion it worked. Also the suds do not seem to work, which is my favorite part of the mod. 

That's all that I noted, though honestly I think its a very good mod and I will keep it as a perm. part of my load order :) 

-C

1.) The missing animations are missing because I added new animation styles but I did not receive permission from the animator to include the animations directly into the mod package. I wrote a read-me to explain how to get them. I know that is a crappy way to do it but my choice seems to be (A) include them in this crappy way or (B) do not include them, and the animations happen to be pretty good imo :( This should only be an issue if you use one of the two new bathing styles.

2.) I'll check on those papyrus errors, I did not expect that :/

3.) About followers - I forgot to explain this, my mistake. You have to hand a follower some soap before you can talk to them about bathing. After that you should be able to get the dialog to come up.

Greetings,

I've tried the new beta and I like it so far, but what I have noted is that I am not getting an option on my followers for them to bathe, basically its not in their dialogue options. At the moment I only have one follower and he's from interesting NPC's so, that might be the issue? Since he's a custom voiced follower. The wash cloth, has no texture. Also when I attempted to use it in the room of the bannered Mare it told me that there wasn't enough water. Also I T-posed through most of the "Mixed" animations that I chose for bathing, though on occasion it worked. Also the suds do not seem to work, which is my favorite part of the mod. 

That's all that I noted, though honestly I think its a very good mod and I will keep it as a perm. part of my load order :)

-C

• I forgot to package the texture of the wash cloth with the mod, oops.
  • You need additional animation files for styles 2 and 3, the location/process is in the read me. I'm sorry that the process sucks.
  • What room in the Bannered Mare has water?
  • Are you sure the soapy effect is enabled? Are you using static or animated style?