Hello 

Got a problem after the new update: before 1.10 updated, PC couldn't use soap, and after the update, soap worked but the dirty effect left from last version couldn't be cleaned, even after using soap dozen times, the effect of clean and dirty exist together and visually, PC looks dirty.

Disable and re-enable the mod. This will remove all effects from your character, even legacy ones.

HI. Thank you for great mod !    Unfortunately  I have a problem with "bent over" animation, after I use a soap  I just get T pose, however other two custom animations work fine. I run FNIS without any problems.

Do you have Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations\Bathing in Skyrim\mzinBatheAnimation1.hkx ?

ty

Should this also be washing off blood from Enhanced Blood Textures? B/c it doesn't seem to be for me when I tested.

Obviously you cannot test this if you're character is fully geared up since the unequipping of armor before bathing will automatically remove the blood. But when I tested with less than full gear (e.g. no top, or no gloves), the blood didn't get washed off

Love the mod, 

However the soap textures are way too bright for me (maybe it is related to enb) ,I think there is too much glow. 

I could just use a little direction on how to this in gimp, (I can google the procedure but I don't know what to tweak precisely) but what would do the trick ? More transparency ? Messing with alpha channel ?

Thanks.

Should this also be washing off blood from Enhanced Blood Textures? B/c it doesn't seem to be for me when I tested.

Obviously you cannot test this if you're character is fully geared up since the unequipping of armor before bathing will automatically remove the blood. But when I tested with less than full gear (e.g. no top, or no gloves), the blood didn't get washed off

i thought it was only suppose to wash off the dirt added by this actual mod?

But it would be neat if it could remove the Enhanced Blood 'blood' too. ^.^

I have not yet found a method to remove blood decals from the player. If I ever do, I will add it.

Love the mod, 

However the soap textures are way too bright for me (maybe it is related to enb) ,I think there is too much glow. 

I could just use a little direction on how to this in gimp, (I can google the procedure but I don't know what to tweak precisely) but what would do the trick ? More transparency ? Messing with alpha channel ?

Thanks.

ENB, lighting mods and weather mods all have drastic effects on the appearance of the the dirt/filth/soap effects. I'm not sure there is much you can do to the textures to fix it. I will probably be offering options for stuff like this in 1.11 since people are having similar issues with dirt textures.

If you don't want to wait, you can change the Effect Shader in the CreationKit (or TES5Edit) to tune it to your specific setup. The value you want to edit is ColorKey -> Scale. There are 3 for each effect and if you change them to lower values it will look less intense. I'd suggest trying something like 0.75 for the 3 color keys as a starting point.

Is it possible to have cum and dirt texture , and maybe blood texture like enhanced blood (or bloody facial) to stack together ?

I'm reasonably sure the engine itself enforces a rule to show only the most recently applied shader effect when there are multiple. Decals might be different, but I think dirt and cum effects are both applied the same way and can not be seen at the same time by nature.

Hey guys, it's been awhile. I updated the file and description here to match Nexus. I think I've added the last of the major features, so mostly just expect bug fixes in the future. Let me know if you have any problems with the current release.

The biggest changes are:

• no more water patches needed!
  • FISS support so you can save/load settings
  • better NPC support (but it's still not perfect)

I've been playing around with adding some support SexLab but I haven't found anything I really liked yet, so I'm open to suggestions. Besides the obvious thing of washing off cum when you take a bath, I've tried adding dirtiness when the player has sex but I'm not sure how useful that is. Having sex and then suddenly appearing to be covered in mud doesn't make sense in every scenario (some more than others I guess). Also, with the way the current framework works, adding such a feature to followers would be difficult.

If anyone has a great suggestion for SexLab support let me hear it!

Thanks for the update. 

Updated from the beta to 1.10 and seems to work fine so far.

except a minor bug i noticed: when mounting a horse, the "about bathing.." dialogue starts with the horse. maybe you forgot some race conditions in the dialogues? i use convenient horses, if that has any effect on that.

see pic below:

post-148348-0-17300700-1438806920_thumb.jpg

regarding sexlab:

my original idea was to just add some dirtiness points for each sex act (like maybe 5/100). and have multipliers for aggressive / threesome / etc.. 

i have to agree though, that it would be a bit weird to appear covered in mud after a cosy session with the spouse.. but then again, that would still require the pc to be on a certain level of dirtiness already before and would only happen, if coincidentally the limit for the next stage would have been passed. 

another approach maybe could be to take the time from the cum effect timer and to only add some dirtyness points, if the pc doesn't manage to shower/bathe to remove it before it disappears on its own. but I'm not sure if that could maybe make it unnecessarily complicated or require too much papyrus.. idk lol

except a minor bug i noticed: when mounting a horse, the "about bathing.." dialogue starts with the horse. maybe you forgot some race conditions in the dialogues? i use convenient horses, if that has any effect on that.

Ya, i get that bug too... but i don't use Convenient Horses, so it's definitely not caused by you using that mod.

i've just been ignoring it though, you know tabbing out, but! It would be neat if that dialogue didn't show up on horses ^.^

Ya, i get that bug too... but i don't use Convenient Horses, so it's definitely not caused by you using that mod.

i've just been ignoring it though, you know tabbing out, but! It would be neat if that dialogue didn't show up on horses ^.^

There are no conditions for the dialog topic. I wanted it to be as inclusive as possible to allow anyone to track dirt on anyone they wanted. Once you start tracking the actor(s) you want, you can disable the topic in MCM and it will only show up for the tracked actors from then on. If you want to add it to someone new you can just toggle it on again.

Ok.

I was little confused about the horse thing to.

I think I found a good solution to this - I put it in 1.11 (which I am uploading literally right now) so you should only see the dialog when it makes sense.

Let me know if there is any other strange behavior :)

Here it goes !  I'm not comfortable with the esp-translator so I only translated the strings file.  As you guess, the dialogs with NPC will still be in english, as well as a "Clean" in the last tab of the MCM.  Feel free to contact me if you need anything else translated :P

Edit : Soaps and notifications will still be in english, you could either add them in the strings file (but I don't know if that's possible from a modder standpoint) or send me a list of what you need to patch the mod.

Bathing in Skyrim - Main_FRENCH.txt

Bug Report

Just tried V1.11 and ran into two bugs

1/ The animation goes into a T pose when using the FNIS Bend Over animation when using soap, though it does work correctly bathing with a washcloth. I tested it with the soap effect turned off and again it works, so it's the soap effect that's causing the problem

2/ No wash rag is needed to bathe, so bathing without one also reduces the pc back to Non Dirty (default 20%) making the wash rag redundant.

Could you also add a toggle to remove the wash rag entirely so it's optional. The hunt for soap components (or having to buy it) added to the game. With the new hotkey to bathe (rather than using the soap from the inventory as in V1.04) it's easy to accidentally bathe when you have no soap now.

(Edit: To save anyone asking - yes FNIS was run else the animation wouldn't work with the wash rag or without soap)

Bug Report

Just tried V1.11 and ran into two bugs

1/ The animation goes into a T pose when using the FNIS Bend Over animation when using soap, though it does work correctly bathing with a washcloth. I tested it with the soap effect turned off and again it works, so it's the soap effect that's causing the problem

2/ No wash rag is needed to bathe, so bathing without one also reduces the pc back to Non Dirty (default 20%) making the wash rag redundant.

Could you also add a toggle to remove the wash rag entirely so it's optional. The hunt for soap components (or having to buy it) added to the game. With the new hotkey to bathe (rather than using the soap from the inventory as in V1.04) it's easy to accidentally bathe when you have no soap now.

(Edit: To save anyone asking - yes FNIS was run else the animation wouldn't work with the wash rag or without soap)

1/ That is so bizarre. Thanks for that detail about the soap effect. I have no idea how that can affect it at all, but it's a great place for me to start working towards a fix.

2/ This is a mistake on my part - when no soap or wash rag is found in your inventory it shouldn't let you bathe but I'm looking at the code and it does mistakenly allow you to.

Here it goes !  I'm not comfortable with the esp-translator so I only translated the strings file.  As you guess, the dialogs with NPC will still be in english, as well as a "Clean" in the last tab of the MCM.  Feel free to contact me if you need anything else translated :P

Edit : Soaps and notifications will still be in english, you could either add them in the strings file (but I don't know if that's possible from a modder standpoint) or send me a list of what you need to patch the mod.

Thank you for this! Can I include this in future releases (I will credit you in the description)?

Hey Mzin,

Many thanks for the mod. Been following this from Nexus and have enjoyed seeing it grow.

On the matter of adding dirt decals to the body.

One method might be a lowtech grunt approach, that is have multiple dirt textures which roughly match the build-up of various grungy substances.

The basic matrix might be 12 textures:

No Dirt, No Dirt+Blood, No Dirt+Cum, No Dirt+Blood+Cum

Dirt, Dirt+Blood, Dirt+Cum, Dirt+Blood+Cum

Filthy, Filthy+Blood, Filthy+Cum, Filthy+Blood+Cum

Then you need to catch when the player gets blood splattered or cum upon, and then add those to the dirt tracking matrix.

It's crude and gets clumsy very quickly if you start to want finer gradation, but it might be a starting point - if it's not too hard to catch events from other mods.

Ultimately, I'd like to see a more robust system for dirt buildup, along with a better injury system. There's some interesting body layer mechanics in the Slave Tats and the Aprapos Wear & Tear system. The blush system is interesting too.

Something like 2 layers on top of the base body.

First is the cleanable layer - dirt, mud, dust, snow, caked blood, dried cum, bread crumbs, tar & feathers. Could also include temporary body paint, camouflage markings, makeup. All of which can be washed off.

Second layer is stuff that is more permanent or only fades (or builds) overtime. Tattoos, bruising, major cuts, disease related markings. These can't be washed off.

I like systems where conditions are reflected on my body or through my actions, rather than a bar on the screen or numbers.

Ah, but that's not something to be solved here. Mind you, perhaps I could interest you doing a second mod call "Clothes Washing in Skyrim". Followed by the "Darning in Skyrim" for all your clothes repairs.

Meanwhile, on a bug report side of things. Male character, tried my first shower - waterfall in Embershard mine. Using SoS and a nasty lot of other mods. I had clicked a whole of those extra options for undressing, but left slot 52 unchecked as this mentioned by SoS.

Start shower and my Schlong disappears. Halfway through, my character re-equip clothes but keep washing. Afterwards, my scholong is now permanently gone.

I've got too many mods and settings to say what might cause this, but thought you might like the report. I would like to get better idea about what all those extra options are in the undressing section.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Hey Mzin,

Many thanks for the mod. Been following this from Nexus and have enjoyed seeing it grow.

On the matter of adding dirt decals to the body.

One method might be a lowtech grunt approach, that is have multiple dirt textures which roughly match the build-up of various grungy substances.

The basic matrix might be 12 textures:

No Dirt, No Dirt+Blood, No Dirt+Cum, No Dirt+Blood+Cum

Dirt, Dirt+Blood, Dirt+Cum, Dirt+Blood+Cum

Filthy, Filthy+Blood, Filthy+Cum, Filthy+Blood+Cum

Then you need to catch when the player gets blood splattered or cum upon, and then add those to the dirt tracking matrix.

It's crude and gets clumsy very quickly if you start to want finer gradation, but it might be a starting point - if it's not too hard to catch events from other mods.

Ultimately, I'd like to see a more robust system for dirt buildup, along with a better injury system. There's some interesting body layer mechanics in the Slave Tats and the Aprapos Wear & Tear system. The blush system is interesting too.

Something like 2 layers on top of the base body.

First is the cleanable layer - dirt, mud, dust, snow, caked blood, dried cum, bread crumbs, tar & feathers. Could also include temporary body paint, camouflage markings, makeup. All of which can be washed off.

Second layer is stuff that is more permanent or only fades (or builds) overtime. Tattoos, bruising, major cuts, disease related markings. These can't be washed off.

I like systems where conditions are reflected on my body or through my actions, rather than a bar on the screen or numbers.

Ah, but that's not something to be solved here. Mind you, perhaps I could interest you doing a second mod call "Clothes Washing in Skyrim". Followed by the "Darning in Skyrim" for all your clothes repairs.

Meanwhile, on a bug report side of things. Male character, tried my first shower - waterfall in Embershard mine. Using SoS and a nasty lot of other mods. I had clicked a whole of those extra options for undressing, but left slot 52 unchecked as this mentioned by SoS.

Start shower and my Schlong disappears. Halfway through, my character re-equip clothes but keep washing. Afterwards, my scholong is now permanently gone.

I've got too many mods and settings to say what might cause this, but thought you might like the report. I would like to get better idea about what all those extra options are in the undressing section.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

This would be a very interesting integration.

Cheers.

Bug Report

This is an obscure one, it was just luck I needed to wash or I would never have seen it. This was with V1.04 but it will apply to later versions unless you've changed the routine. For background, I originally thought this was just a SerialStrip mod bug, but when I tested just using Bathing in Skyrim it has the same bug as well when unequipping the pc

When doing the quest "Ill Met by Moonlight" you are equipped with Hircine's cursed ring which you cannot remove, however Bathing in Skyrim will remove it. If you put it back on the pc can remove it normally rather than getting the "this object cannot be unequipped" warning.

I don't know if it will break the quest or not as I've reverted to an earlier save, but the mod does need an additional check for quest items that should not be unequipped.

Hey guys, it's been awhile. I updated the file and description here to match Nexus. I think I've added the last of the major features, so mostly just expect bug fixes in the future. Let me know if you have any problems with the current release.

The biggest changes are:

• no more water patches needed!
  • FISS support so you can save/load settings
  • better NPC support (but it's still not perfect)

I've been playing around with adding some support SexLab but I haven't found anything I really liked yet, so I'm open to suggestions. Besides the obvious thing of washing off cum when you take a bath, I've tried adding dirtiness when the player has sex but I'm not sure how useful that is. Having sex and then suddenly appearing to be covered in mud doesn't make sense in every scenario (some more than others I guess). Also, with the way the current framework works, adding such a feature to followers would be difficult.

If anyone has a great suggestion for SexLab support let me hear it!

Well if you could set it up so the cum never went away until the PC bathed it would be very cool addition.

As for the having sex and getting dirty, perhaps if it is possible you could have it detect where you are when you have sex. Sorta like how you have it where where you are causes you to get dirty faster.

So if you have sex it doubles the dirty build up. So having consensual sex would count as one hour(from sweating etc from having sex)

• Settlements - 2.0% dirtier per hour
  • Wilderness - 3.0% dirtier per hour
  • Dungeons - 5.0% dirtier per hour

With the above in mind a example is the PC has sex with three NPC's in the wilderness the 3 drunken party guys that wander around. That would add a total of 9% dirt build up.

Then for creature(as they tend not to be as clean as people) and forced sex it is tripled. Like this

• Settlements - 3.0% dirtier per hour
  • Wilderness - 4.5% dirtier per hour
  • Dungeons - 7.5% dirtier per hour

Though that might be a little much as the character might end up very filthy in a short time when using mods like Defeat. Or maybe have sliders where sex adds to dirty level, anything from 0%-100% on consensual and 50-200% more on forced or something.

Other possible idea's if you want to add a arousal plug in, have a character that is dirty or filthy cause less arousal to people. On the other hand if they are covered in cum creatures arousal might be higher because they small it.

Anyways just spit balling idea's since you asked. :)

I have not yet found a method to remove blood decals from the player. If I ever do, I will add it.

Love the mod, 

Thanks.

ENB, lighting mods and weather mods all have drastic effects on the appearance of the the dirt/filth/soap effects. I'm not sure there is much you can do to the textures to fix it. I will probably be offering options for stuff like this in 1.11 since people are having similar issues with dirt textures.

If you don't want to wait, you can change the Effect Shader in the CreationKit (or TES5Edit) to tune it to your specific setup. The value you want to edit is ColorKey -> Scale. There are 3 for each effect and if you change them to lower values it will look less intense. I'd suggest trying something like 0.75 for the 3 color keys as a starting point.

Is it possible to have cum and dirt texture , and maybe blood texture like enhanced blood (or bloody facial) to stack together ?

I'm reasonably sure the engine itself enforces a rule to show only the most recently applied shader effect when there are multiple. Decals might be different, but I think dirt and cum effects are both applied the same way and can not be seen at the same time by nature.

Have you considered using whatever slavetats uses to apply the effect?