I have always wondered where people in skyrim wash up, always thought they found a stream or a river somewhere or just went out back and used a bucket full of water when nobody was lookin:-)

Would be nice to see some cities like markarth and solitude equipped with some kind of public bath areas. Temple of dibella npcs could sell soap to raise money for their cause:-)

I was thinking about how the dirt shows and it must be a filter of some kind, does the dirt also show up on armor and clothes? Would be more interesting to have a dirt and mud filter for armor and clothes.

Would be nice to see some cities like markarth and solitude equipped with some kind of public bath areas. Temple of dibella npcs could sell soap to raise money for their cause:-)

You can try this mod which is somewhat similar http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35311/?

Or one that was on my load list for a good while: Northern Bathhouses   Sort of immersive / authentic since saunas were used as a sort of bath.  Of course this mod would have to be made compatible with it,

Speaking of Bathing in Skyrim itself...  I love the mod, but I do disagree with a couple of it's penalties & bonuses.  I think the bonus and penalties for disease resistance are a bit too much.  I'd cut them in half if it were my mod.   The other one is the stealth penalty.  When I lived in Georgia, I worked with and talked to people that were hunters.  If you're hunting animals and trying to be stealthy, you do NOT want to smell like some perfumed bar of soap.  Same would apply to hunting bandits in the wilds of Skyrim as well, I'm sure.

Point being, "filthy" is all relative.  If you're clean but all perfumed up, somebody paying attention will probably smell you coming in most environments.  Being "filthy" and smelling like the woods is going to help you blend in there.  Smelling like a Draugr tomb is probably going to be bad anywhere outside of a graveyard though, lol.

How all the variables could be taken into account to make this truly immersive in that regard, I have NO idea.  It MAY not even be practical

Speaking of Bathing in Skyrim itself...  I love the mod, but I do disagree with a couple of it's penalties & bonuses.  I think the bonus and penalties for disease resistance are a bit too much.  I'd cut them in half if it were my mod.   The other one is the stealth penalty.  When I lived in Georgia, I worked with and talked to people that were hunters.  If you're hunting animals and trying to be stealthy, you do NOT want to smell like some perfumed bar of soap.  Same would apply to hunting bandits in the wilds of Skyrim as well, I'm sure.

Point being, "filthy" is all relative.  If you're clean but all perfumed up, somebody paying attention will probably smell you coming in most environments.  Being "filthy" and smelling like the woods is going to help you blend in there.  Smelling like a Draugr tomb is probably going to be bad anywhere outside of a graveyard though, lol.

How all the variables could be taken into account to make this truly immersive in that regard, I have NO idea.  It MAY not even be practical

It's not too hard to adjust In CK. I removed the disease penalty entirely ( I found it rather non immersive) and replaced dirty with a sneak and speechcraft penalty of 20 and for filthy used a penalty of 90 for each.

I couldn't find where to change the description in the effects menu, but I can see it is working in the skills menu.

Or one that was on my load list for a good while: Northern Bathhouses   Sort of immersive / authentic since saunas were used as a sort of bath.  Of course this mod would have to be made compatible with it,

This forgotten Mod may be of interest to you, it may be outdated, but I still use it and it works well...possibly sounds like something you could use in your Game :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34813/?

Extract information from Mod:

"** CHARCOAL (tanning rack)

1 Firewood --------> 2 Charcoal Lumps

4 Charcoal Lumps -------> Charcoal Dust

Charcoal dust is used to cover the scent of the hunter, and as such fortifies sneak 15% for five minutes. It also heals poison, like activated charcoal dust IRL can.

** SCENT MASK (cooking pot)

1 Blue Mountain Flower

1 Red Mountain Flower

1 Purple Mountain Flower

2 Juniper Berries

2 Lavender

2 Charcoal Lumps

That\\\'s a lot, right? The purpose of the scent mask is to make the wearer smell like his or her environment, fooling whatever game in the area into thinking it\\\'s safe. It also provides a pretty high sneak boost - 30% for five minutes, though unlike the charcoal dust is doesn\\\'t heal poison."

Is there any way to actually make NPC's bathe with you? I tried to find out, but couldn't figure out if there was a way.

You can ask them to if they have a bar of soap in their inventory. They will take a bath in place though unless its a follower where you can lead them to some water.

Edit: I'm using the beta 6 file so bathing needs water is unchecked is probably why they bathe in place instead of in water.

Is there any way to actually make NPC's bathe with you? I tried to find out, but couldn't figure out if there was a way.

You can ask them to if they have a bar of soap in their inventory. They will take a bath in place though unless its a follower where you can lead them to some water.

Edit: I'm using the beta 6 file so bathing needs water is unchecked is probably why they bathe in place instead of in water.

There's a newer beta version somewhere?

Thanks for the help, I'll try it out!

Edit: Nevermind about the beta, found it on the Nexus :) Gonna stick to the one I'm using for now though.

Edit 2: This seems to be a part of the new version as my follower (Lydia) does not get any dialogue option to bathe, even if she has soap and is standing in water. I might just be doing it wrong, but I don't see any other way to do it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, it's been awhile. I updated the file and description here to match Nexus. I think I've added the last of the major features, so mostly just expect bug fixes in the future. Let me know if you have any problems with the current release.

The biggest changes are:

• no more water patches needed!
  • FISS support so you can save/load settings
  • better NPC support (but it's still not perfect)

I've been playing around with adding some support SexLab but I haven't found anything I really liked yet, so I'm open to suggestions. Besides the obvious thing of washing off cum when you take a bath, I've tried adding dirtiness when the player has sex but I'm not sure how useful that is. Having sex and then suddenly appearing to be covered in mud doesn't make sense in every scenario (some more than others I guess). Also, with the way the current framework works, adding such a feature to followers would be difficult.

If anyone has a great suggestion for SexLab support let me hear it!

Hello 

Got a problem after the new update: before 1.10 updated, PC couldn't use soap, and after the update, soap worked but the dirty effect left from last version couldn't be cleaned, even after using soap dozen times, the effect of clean and dirty exist together and visually, PC looks dirty.

Hi, thanks for this.

Trying to install the new version I get this in FNIS:

*snip*

Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStanding.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim
Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStandingTypeBStart.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim

Is this a problem?

Thanks again

Hi, thanks for this.

Trying to install the new version I get this in FNIS:

*snip*

Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStanding.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim

Missing AnimFile ..\KuNeruNomu\KNNWashBodyStandingTypeBStart.hkx for character, mod Bathing in Skyrim

Is this a problem?

Thanks again

Make sure to read the "readme" files included in the download.  There are 2 animations that can be used by BIS, but belong to another mod author.  You have to download those animations separately.

mzin:  Maybe you should put a link to that mod in the OP?

Hello 

Got a problem after the new update: before 1.10 updated, PC couldn't use soap, and after the update, soap worked but the dirty effect left from last version couldn't be cleaned, even after using soap dozen times, the effect of clean and dirty exist together and visually, PC looks dirty.

Disable and re-enable the mod. This will remove all effects from your character, even legacy ones.

HI. Thank you for great mod !    Unfortunately  I have a problem with "bent over" animation, after I use a soap  I just get T pose, however other two custom animations work fine. I run FNIS without any problems.

Do you have Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations\Bathing in Skyrim\mzinBatheAnimation1.hkx ?

mzin:  Maybe you should put a link to that mod in the OP?

Thanks for the suggestion, I put it at the top of the mod page.

I've struggled with how to make it clear to users that these files have to be downloaded separately so I tried to put it everywhere - it's called out in the FAQ, ReadMe, the installer, and even in the MCM when you select the style (displayed at the bottom). I almost left them out entirely because I knew it would be a pain for everyone, but in the end I liked the animations too much to cut them.

I understand from a user perspective you don't want to read that junk, you want to play Skyrim, so you skip it. I'd skip it too, but there isn't really anywhere else I can put it. It sucks but I don't have a choice. If I had permission to include the files I absolutely would.

Alternatively - if someone wanted to make new bathing/showering animations that I could include in the mod, I would very graciously accept them and give credit everywhere I could  :D

HI. Thank you for great mod !    Unfortunately  I have a problem with "bent over" animation, after I use a soap  I just get T pose, however other two custom animations work fine. I run FNIS without any problems.

Do you have Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations\Bathing in Skyrim\mzinBatheAnimation1.hkx ?

Yes, it is there together with  FNIS_Bathing in Skyrim_List.txt

EDIT: I made a clean save without the mod and now it is working. I should have done this first.