[Abandoned] Devious Device - More Devious Quest

• 1 month later...

I know this has been discontinued, but I've been using it anyway.  I was hoping someone with some familiarity with it might point me to what I'm seeking.  There is a shame animation/idle that is used by this mod where npc/pc's cover themselves when naked.  As far as I can tell with examining the mod itself, the animation isn't actually included by the mod...or I don't know what I'm looking for regarding idles and animations (hkx, right?).  At any rate, I'm hoping to identify the file so I can modify it to remove the sound of running when it plays.  This sound happens regardless of if the character is standing or moving.  Thanks in advance for any help people might send my way.

I know this has been discontinued, but I've been using it anyway.  I was hoping someone with some familiarity with it might point me to what I'm seeking.  There is a shame animation/idle that is used by this mod where npc/pc's cover themselves when naked.  As far as I can tell with examining the mod itself, the animation isn't actually included by the mod...or I don't know what I'm looking for regarding idles and animations (hkx, right?).  At any rate, I'm hoping to identify the file so I can modify it to remove the sound of running when it plays.  This sound happens regardless of if the character is standing or moving.  Thanks in advance for any help people might send my way.

I don't have the mod currently enabled in my game, but there is most definately an option for a "shame effect". Pretty sure that's under one of the menus with "NPC" in the title. You might start by seeing what that disables, if all you're trying to do is get the animation to stop playing. Now, if you are trying to remove a sound effect, I wouldn't know how to help you on that.

I don't have the mod currently enabled in my game, but there is most definately an option for a "shame effect". Pretty sure that's under one of the menus with "NPC" in the title. You might start by seeing what that disables, if all you're trying to do is get the animation to stop playing. Now, if you are trying to remove a sound effect, I wouldn't know how to help you on that.

Yeah, I'd like to keep the effect, just lose the annoying sound effect.  As far as I can tell, the idle isn't included in this mod, merely utilized by it.  The mod contains an esp, a logo in the interface folder, scripts with source included, a seq file and 4 sound files (all snapping sounds).  Unless a script is generating the idle, it came from something else. 

Edit:  Went poking around in the script source.  I believe I've found my answer.  It's one from Zaz: ZaZAPCSHMOFF.hkx.  Now to figure out how to remove the sound ;)

can anyone teach me how to uninstall this mod safely?

There is exactly one way to safely remove a scripted mod:  Start a new game without that mod.

(Not quite true once I thought about it a bit.  If you added the mod during your game play you can also remove the mod safely by returning to save made before the mod was added. But that only works if you added the mod after you started your current character AND you have a save from before it was added).

There are a couple Save Game cleaning tools which can be used to UNSAFELY remove a mod but with this game there is no safe way to remove a scripted mod.  Those tools generally work but not always so YMMV.

About the Shame effect: It is from the Zaz animation pack  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17062-zaz-animation-pack-2015-07-02/

About remove: There's NO a safe way to remove ANY mod in Skyrim

the -most safe- (without starting a new game) is: Uncheck the mod, save, load, Resave, Clean that save with a save cleaner, reload, save again.

Anyway this mod is sufficiently stable to not create issues after removing it or be disabled in most of his part

Description of the mod: Add Devious scenarios in the game: like get wierd comment if caught wearing DD devices, add a fame system about sex interactions, add 'Sexual desires Madness' scenarios etc. It's easier test it that describe it... Backup your save to eventually revert the save if it's not what you're looking for...

For anyone looking to "cheat" at Sanguine Training:

1. Have a follower you can use Sanguine Training on (obviously)

2. Command them to do whatever they're currently able to (with you if you want to speed through the animation once step 3 is done).

3. WHILE THE FOLLOWER IS SERVING pull up the console and select them by clicking on them.

4. Type the following: modfactionrank 2D0482A7 25 (change 25 to however many levels you want to ADD to their sluttishness).

5. Finish the current animation. When you give them a new command, you should see their level has increased.

For anyone looking to "cheat" at Sanguine Training:

1. Have a follower you can use Sanguine Training on (obviously)

2. Command them to do whatever they're currently able to (with you if you want to speed through the animation once step 3 is done).

3. WHILE THE FOLLOWER IS SERVING pull up the console and select them by clicking on them.

4. Type the following: modfactionrank 2D0482A7 25 (change 25 to however many levels you want to ADD to their sluttishness).

5. Finish the current animation. When you give them a new command, you should see their level has increased.

will DEFINATELY try this

• 1 month later...

Even if it's abandoned, i love this mod so far, but i have some little questions: I've got the quest to clean the sword, i have the sword in my inventory, and when i click it an animation is played where i do so. Nevertheless, nothing happens after that. What am i expected to do?

The second question: I should drink something and milk myself, but i couldn't find what i was supposed to drink in my inventory, maybe because i was already pregnant from soul gem oven? Should i search for it in food, potions, or somewhere else?

Equipping the milking device worked fine so far, except that during the animation some things seemed missing, i've seen milking machines at other places and the device seemed to fit there, is that a bug or am i missing something like milking economy?

Even if it's abandoned, i love this mod so far, but i have some little questions: I've got the quest to clean the sword, i have the sword in my inventory, and when i click it an animation is played where i do so. Nevertheless, nothing happens after that. What am i expected to do?

You have to repeat the action a few time until the quest considered done.

• 2 months later...

This mod may be abandoned, but it's popular enough for the community to support it, I think.

So are there any noteworthy bugs that need fixing? Conflicts with other mods? Features that deserve to added (and which don't warrant a mod of their own)? I'm pretty decent at scripting, I'd be happy to do some work this mod.

I liked this mod a lot, especially the devious worker options, although I have to say that the quest to give either handjobs or blowjobs almost always failed because of time pressure. The confession tasks, on the other hand, were pretty awesome. Overall, a great way for a new character to get some decent loot and mostly very well done.

The fame system was fun as well, until the comments started to get to repetitive. Overall, a mod I would like to have seen continued.

One bug I found: if you turn in a devious worker quest after closing hours, you don't get to pick from the shop inventory.

Uhmm... probably some of you may be interested in this:

This mod will be soon dismantled and reinroduced in form of SLSF Plugin.

I can't give you a real date, because I must finish the SLSF main core first, but  I'll make a notification when starting the brainstorming about...

I liked this mod a lot, especially the devious worker options, although I have to say that the quest to give either handjobs or blowjobs almost always failed because of time pressure. The confession tasks, on the other hand, were pretty awesome. Overall, a great way for a new character to get some decent loot and mostly very well done.

The fame system was fun as well, until the comments started to get to repetitive. Overall, a mod I would like to have seen continued.

One bug I found: if you turn in a devious worker quest after closing hours, you don't get to pick from the shop inventory.

I hear that, I've tried the sex quests a few times and never succeeded. So they probably need a longer timeframe.

Maybe if you turn in a devious worker quest outside of store hours, the person should just tell you to come back while they are working. Sound reasonable?

Uhmm... probably some of you may be interested in this:

This mod will be soon dismantled and reinroduced in form of SLSF Plugin.

I can't give you a real date, because I must finish the SLSF main core first, but  I'll make a notification when starting the brainstorming about...

That's great! Will that plugin include Devious Worker and cover animations?