Fame System, Discussion

Versh

-------

Intro

-------

Hi guys,

some of you may (or may not) remember my mod, "Devious Devices - More Devious Quest", as said in the support topic I had to abandon the project for reasons.

Anyway before left, I was developping a version 2.0 (a complete re-work of my mod) based on what I've learned so far about modding.

That re-work contain a new Fame system for the player, totally indipendent from Devious Devices (BUT it has the possibility to be integrated), and it have also the extension for Slavetats framework & Zaz resources.

So tecnically it would be a "SexLab Fame System".

With a bit of work I could truncate it from the whole (incomplete) system and made it as indipendent framework about Sexual Fame in Skyrim, to be used from OTHER mods (without hard dependancies) or to support mods based on it (for example: my old mod provided some line of dialogue based on the Fame level, with this framework other mods could provide that, or made interaction, or whatever)

Anyway, considering my lack of time about modding (in fact i'm proposing this only because the big part is already done and left to rot), my question is:

There's someone interested to have this 'framework' ready to use for their mod?

There will be any user that will be interested on the mods developped by this?

I'll be honest: I must decide if this is worth of my time (not to be arrogant: simply I don't have much free time), but I'm also annoyed to had left at half a good (at least for me) mod, so I'm exploring serval option about put it in good use.

Let me know what you think about... In case I'll explain how is structured so far the mod, and eventually discuss about some variations.

--------------

EDIT 14/10

--------------

Some Detail/Features:

The new structure of the Fame system was designed to be more "personal".

Instead to have a "Hold Fame", the new system (only for the player) register individually for each npc what he/she knows about the sexual activity of the player.

So for example:

Balgruuf could know that the dragonborn like to have sex with woman

Ysolda know that the player is a slave (seeing the player in chain/devices)

Nazeem know both things

Proventus know nothing

The fame gain depend on who is here when the "fame event" happend (for example who see the player going around naked)

The fame spread between npcs by some "slot": a random check  could create a "fame slot" with various "charge" that emulates the gossip between two npc.

So for example: Ysolda create a "fame slot" (gossip) and contage his knowlege of Sexual Fame of the player to Adrianne, the jarl of Markarth and with Toldfir at Winterhold. Think of it as "any possible way that could spread the notice", a letter, a talk, an indirect knowlege (A speak to B, B to C, C to D)

This allow three big things:

1- Kill an npc how has Knowlege of the Sex fame of the player avoid the "spread of the fame" (you kill the source), For example: The player get enslaved with SD, then get free and kill all the bandits

(and eventually other mod based on this could add other variant, like sex favor, pay gold, blackmailing, etc)

2- The fame system become easily compatible with every Location or Dlc, for example the player could be really known in Shor's Stone, but not in Riften, or be Famous in the Fort X but not in the City Y

3-The player has not a real control about the contage of the fame (except the MCM config)

All the Fame gain will be triggered by:

Standard function -> for example: going around naked will increase the "exhibitionist fame", all handled by the 'Framework'

MODEVENT -> Any mod, without any type of Hard dependancies from this could Increase specific type of fame

Also it is possible for other mods recover the fame value from specific npc with soft dependancies by a system that I could provide.

This part is mostly ready, just need to re-handle some things.

There's also other system that could be added without many problem, but first I need some opinion about that, so let me know...

--------------

EDIT 16/10

--------------

Update about previous [Edit (14/10)]

The system is 'unrestricted', so tecnically yes: a Chief bandit X (until it is a 'valid actor') could Fame-contage Nazeem, Elisif, or anyone else.

There's a malus on the probability of Fame contage if the two npc aren't in the same location, this malus will be configurable.

The mechanic of spreading Fame isn't retroactive, for example: if the owner of slot X dies after contaging only 3 people of 8, simply the Slot get trashed, but the already contaged still 'contaged' (and if they fill their own slot could contage others)

The Fame Slot Specifics are: The speaker, The Expiration time of the Gossip, the number of possible contages.

A Slot get created only over a certain amount of knowlege, configurable.

There's a delay configurable about a delay between the creation of new slots

The min-max amount of fame is 0 to 100, where under 30 are "rumors" and over 30 "knowlege"

It is possible to consider specific wears as "slutty", more info when talking about the equipment.

The types of fame (and reaction) will be discussed togheter

The system could be used for both female and male without problems, but as said: it is a framework, it does nothing by itself, so if you want, for example, a pool of reaction about people who disagree/agree with your 'sexual fame', it need a plugin mod [i'll provide some example to how to make it]

Equip Status

This isn't strictly related to the Fame system, but could provide some function useful for the fame system itself and for other mods.

Basically is a system triggered by specific event that recognize the equip weared from the player and give a feedback about it on the Active effect tab.

It give to the player 10 "surfaces" (for now it uses only 5, but better be prepared), each surface identify a specific element and order it in the general "equip priority"

For example:
The surface 1 is the Slave Tats
The 3 is the Cum decal over the player
The 5 is about the "standard devices" (those that could be hidden)
The 7 is about clothing (Those -could- hide what's under)
The 9 is about "others devices" (those too big/tricky to be hidden)

The surface are applied to Head, Foot, Hands and Body, but consider that for hands and foot there isn't Surface 5 (Tecnically are all About surface 9, like the pony boots or armbinder)

Each "body location" has the possibility to define a list up to 10 items (so 40 max in total) that are considered "not covering" / "Slutty" / Etc.
This item will not cover what's under it.

Only ten: no more, it's a sufficent number and you can add/remove items when you like.

For example, if you use the "huntress" skympy armor, you could set this as Exception, and the Equip status will tell you that you're exposed (not clothed) if you don't have any other body clothes
Or you could have the Destiny Armor, or a replacer for the prisioner rags, or need to do a quick fix about a Thong flagged as Full clothing or a new Devious device "out of rules", set "not covering" a crown helmet or a open helm, etc.

The same Exceptions are allowed to the slave tats but in this case you'll have to specify youself by typing (in game), for example: a GROUP of overlay could be excluded from the system (for example The tribal tatoos overlay)

The equip status is used by the Fame system for gain certain type of fame over time, for example having a slavetats on plain view will trigger a gain of fame "slave", going around in a skympy clothing gain "exhibitionist", But go around with a hidden device/tats/etc doesn't trigger any gain of fame about.

I think to add this to the Base framework, for using it with the Fame system, and also, it could be useful for others modder.
It isn't fundamental but should work nicely, also its strangely light for a system of that kind (anyway further test should be done with other pc, mine is a medium-high)

Obviously any mod could access to the magiceffect via soft dependancies to check the current player status and I could also put togheter a modevent to make the mods comuicate with each other without any dependancies at all.

Opinion? Could be useful? Not needed? Any modder will use this?

Bug Known: The Shame anim still have that noisy bug about the foot Step sound when standing, I don't know how to fix it: it's outside my competence and the anim is from another mod

--------------

EDIT 20/10

--------------

Npc Reactions

This it would have been the core of my Comment System, Tecnically the -Basic- Fame system could work well as it is:
If is only for have some counter about SL activity it's already done.

Anyway, those who has played MDQ should remember the Mood system, about giving a bit of personality to the comments.

The Reaction of npc has been reworked in a simpler way: now there's a base "personality" (called RoleType) for every npc
Dominant Group (master Kind, Normal, Bastard)
Neutral Group (Free Kind, Normal, Bastard)
Submissive Group (9 Slave type [bimbo, Disciplined, Optimistic, PainSlut, Pathetic, Rebel, Shy, Snob and Submissive])

The roletype is assigned by override, by current status of npc (es: If deviced -> slave) or by a random assign with weight.

The fist two react to the player depending on the relationship rank and their RoleType (obviously) and return a value that identify his reaction type (None[Es. Gagged], Neutral, friendly, lover, offensive, etc.)
The submissive group always react by their type

This is for future comment mod based on this Fame system (if anyone will do that), but if you find other use for that, no problem.

About Comment: I repeat the mod itself will provide NONE (eventually I could post a list of lines of dialogue from the MDQ to reuse on a plugin mod)

I'll write a tutorial about using the variables to create a comment mod, anyway Multiple comment mod will be fully compatible: so it will be possible to have X mod about various topic (for example A plugin only for Exhibitionist, should be a great thing if merged various Plugin, or worked in team)

Fame Types:

Now it's time to speak about the fame list:  FOR THIS I REALLY NEED FEEDBACK

Here the actual list, please give me some feedback about: will be possible to add other in the future, but I prefer to release with this list already complete

1*    Exhib/Slut    Going Around Exposed/Naked
2*    Slave        Devices or tats on sight
3*    CumSlut        Cum on sight
4*    Oral        Cum face on sight and Sex Lab animation "Oral"
5*    Anal        Cum Anal on sight and Sex Lab animation "Anal"
6*    Master        OtherMod
7*    NoDignity    Tats/Cum/Devices on Sight
8    Whore        Accept payment for Sex
9    Khajit        Sex Lab animation with Khajit
10    Orc            Sex Lab animation with Orc
11    Argonian    Sex Lab animation with Argonian
12    Bestiality    Sex Lab animation with creature
13    LikeWoman    Sex Lab animation with Female
14    LikeMan        Sex Lab animation with Male
15    Submissive    OtherMod
16    Rebellious    OtherMod
17    Sadic       OtherMod
18    Masochist    OtherMod
19    Nasty        Sex Lab animation with Pissing, beast, extreme
20    Group        Sex Lab animation with > 2 Actor

FameList Updated to the Edit 22/10

Those with the "*" are also increased by Time (every tot time naked you get a +1 Exhib with all the present)
All (mostly) increase also with specific activity (es. standard increase by Sex Lab Activity) AND all could be increased by ModEvent from any mod whitout dependancies (for example "radiant prostitution" could increase Whore Fame, SD could increase Submissive/rebellious, etc.)

Note: The old system Add fame based on the number of people around, This new system add 1 fame point every increment (Possible more via event).

Under 30 the fame is considered "rumors", over 30 Knowlege.

Be contaged start to 0 (and when over 30 The npc will consider the Rumors as Knolege), Know directly (For example seethe player naked) start to 40.

The fame decrease over time

--------------

EDIT 20/10

--------------

Updated FameList:

After some talk, I've realized that truncating the Interaction system has maded some fametype compleately useless, so here a re-organized Famelist

1*    Exhib/Slut    Going Around Exposed/Naked [still merged]
2*    Oral        Cum face on sight and Sex Lab animation "Oral"
3*    Anal        Cum Anal on sight and Sex Lab animation "Anal"
4*    NoDignity        Tats/Cum/Devices on Sight [Contains Also CumSlut]
5*    Slave/Submissive    Devices or tats on sight, Sl anim as Victim
6     Master/Dominant    OtherMod, Sl anim as Aggressor [Contains Also Rebellious]
7     Whore        Accept payment for Sex
8     Khajit        Sex Lab animation with Khajit
9     Orc        Sex Lab animation with Orc
10    Argonian        Sex Lab animation with Argonian
11    Bestiality    Sex Lab animation with creature (any)
12    LikeWoman        Sex Lab animation with Female
13    LikeMan        Sex Lab animation with Male
14    Sadic        OtherMod [Likely unused, but just in case]
15    Masochist        OtherMod [Likely unused, but just in case]
16    Nasty        Sex Lab animation with Pissing, beast, extreme
17    Sweet             Sex Lab animation 'Loving' [Need a better Name]
18    Group        Sex Lab animation with > 2 Actor
19    SkoomaDependant    Could be used in mod as SkoomaWhore and similat to emulate a Crackwhore Fame...

[CURRENT FAMELIST IN DISCUSSION]

Slut                General Sex Act
Anal                SL Activity + Cum Visible Anal
Oral                SL Activity + Cum Visible Oral
LikeMan                SL Activity with Man
LikeWoman            SL Activity with Woman
Orc                    SL Activity with Orcs
Khajiit                SL Activity with Khajiit
Argonian            SL Activity with Argonian
Beastiality            SL Activity with Creatures (all)
Sweet Lover            SL Activity ('Loving' anim)
Nasty                SL Activity Naughty/Extreme/Dirty (Pissing, beast, aggressive anim consensual)
Exhib/Exposed        Equip Status (Naked, Cum, Tats, Device), Sl Solo (Obviously in public, or no one gain fame :P)
Slave/Submissive    SL Aggressive As Victim
Master/Dominant        SL Aggressive Not Victim
Group                SL with > 2
Whore                SL after payment

Extra: Not direct use, but possible use from other mod
SkoomaUser
Sadic
Masochist
Pregnant [in doubt if keep, very tiny use]

UPDATED IN THE 29/10

All the Fame type increase via event requested from other mods and by their 'trigger condition'
The "*" ALSO Increase over time when the Pc is seen in the 'trigger condition'

Note: The Fame Name is only a 'Suggestion', there's always a certain space for different interpretations,

For Example "No Dignity" could be used as 'Shameless' fame

Also consider that Every fame level have 6 type of reaction (Offensive, Friendly, Neutral, Etc.), that could be used to differentiate the meaning of the fame
For Example: a Lover could approve your submissiveness, a Friend can endorse you 'No Dignity' fame considering it as a sign of 'Freedom from the society bigotry' and so on...

--------------

EDIT 29/10

--------------

Ok, Finalized the Fame list:
-Slut                General Sex Act
-Anal*                SL Activity + Cum Visible Anal
-Oral*                SL Activity + Cum Visible Oral
-LikeMan            SL Activity with Man
-LikeWoman            SL Activity with Woman
-Orc                SL Activity with Orcs
-Khajiit            SL Activity with Khajiit
-Argonian            SL Activity with Argonian
-Beastiality        SL Activity with Creatures (all)
-Gentle Lover        SL Activity ('Loving' anim)
-Nasty                SL Activity Naughty/Extreme/Dirty (Pissing, beast, aggressive anim consensual)
-Exhib/Exposed*        Equip Status (Naked, Cum, Tats, Device), Sl Solo (Obviously in public, or no one gain fame :P)
-Slave/Submissive    SL Aggressive As Victim
-Master/Dominant    SL Aggressive Not Victim
-Group                SL with > 2
-Whore                SL after payment

Extra: Not direct use, but possible use from other mod
-SkoomaUser
-Sadic
-Masochist
-Pregnant*

Those Marked with "*" are increased also with time, for example going around naked will raise the Exhib Fame

Also, I'm making a general command to start the periodic famegain for any type of fame.
For Example:
If a modder want to make gain the fame Khajiit as periodic, he can with a simple command, until he want.
This is about 'obvious' situation where the player is enslaved  by a certain race / sex / using mod like Untamed / various
Or to gain pregnant fame during the specific time.

So... Done with the fame list, here the Roletypes:

0 Dominant Kind
1 Dominant Normal
2 Dominant Bastard
20 Neutral Kind
21 Neutral Normal
22 Neutral Bastard
40 Submissive Bimbo            (Slave Kind)
41 Submissive Disciplined    (Slave Kind)
42 Submissive Optimistic    (Slave Normal)
43 Submissive PainSlut        (Slave Bastard)
44 Submissive Pathetic        (Slave Kind)
45 Submissive Rebel            (Slave Bastard)
46 Submissive Shy            (Slave Normal)
47 Submissive Snob            (Slave Bastard)
48 Submissive Submitten        (Slave Normal)

As you can see the roletype comes in 3 obvious group, the first two are the smallest and generic.

Those Roletypes are assigned randomly basing on a configurable weight slider, with specific exceptions:
For example a Jarl couldn't be considered as Slave, but an npc with devices will be considered slave.

The framework will also have an In-game override for fixes, and also script command and PapyrusUtil for manual setting (for example Slaverun when starting the 'Enslaved city' status could override the Female Npc Roletype)

I don't think that change in this list should needed, but anyway, some feedback is welcome.

Consider that this list originally was designed to interact with a Traits system (truncated) to work in the Interaction System
But with the resize of the project the Traits system was erased.

That souldn't be a problem because instead of a "Sadic" or a "Trainer" traits on a "Master Bastard", we let the decision to the other modder, without messing around.

The Usage:
As said ORIGINALLY the Roletype was designed to check which Traits could be gained from the Npc via the Interaction System.
NOW: the usage is about the Reactions and whatever comes to mind to modders

The Reactions:
This is a simple evaluation about the possible attitude with the PC depending on the Roletype with him/her.

Instead to make FameNum * RoleType * Mood * 10 (that make a HUGE amount of Line of dialogue)
This system evaluate a "generic attitude" about the Player that could countain the various line of dialogue, giving also the possibility to add Specific lines from specific RoleTypes

The general Rule is that -> Lower the relationship = Hostile reaction; Kinder the RoleType = Friendly Reaction

Combining these You'll have:
                    Kind                    Normal               Bastard
Enemy         NormalReact.      Offensive            VeryOffensive
Neutral         Friendly              NormalReact.      Offensive
Friendly       Affectionate         Friendly              Normal
Lover           Very Affect.         Very Affect.         Friendly

As said before the Name are just Names, offensive could be considered "Rough", Friendly could be considered Jokes, Very Affectionate could be Jaelous, It's up about who develop the comments.

So that is: A system to semplify the Comment system, with other possible usage for mods comunications with sharing data about npc "personality"

Any feedback about?

Sexlab stores a number of stats which could be used to check "sexual fame".

You got a stats of how many times an actor had sex, with how many partners, were they male or female, human or not, was that consensual sex act or not and if not was that actor an aggressor or a victim.

Not sure what could be added to that.

The fame system and the "tell embarassing things to people" task were my favorite parts of MDQ.

Weren't there plans to make the comments customizable somehow? Or maybe that was the confessions bit. Something interesting, anyway.

As for SL's tracking, that's more like a log or summary of experiences. Versh's mod had NPCs comment on things the PC had done, by hold, including rumors and "fame" diminishing with inactivity.

It would be great to see this continued in some form, even if it's just the fame system without any questy stuff. Even better if the comments can be found and changed with, say, TESEdit.

YES!

The fame and comment part is one of the part of your mod that has the most potential.

Different types of sex, across different holds, maybe even hostile areas, inclusion of NPCs especially followers into those stats, and decreasing fame over time is exactly what it needs.

The 14/10 edit is awesome, every last bit of it. Utility and soft dependencies with other mods make it even better.

Could any NPC create a fame slot, or is it restricted by faction? Let's say a bandit chief in Fort Whatever makes the PC his buttslut and she escapes without killing him. Does that mean for example Nazeem might hear about it, as long as the bandit remains alive?

The 14/10 edit is awesome, every last bit of it. Utility and soft dependencies with other mods make it even better.

Could any NPC create a fame slot, or is it restricted by faction? Let's say a bandit chief in Fort Whatever makes the PC his buttslut and she escapes without killing him. Does that mean for example Nazeem might hear about it, as long as the bandit remains alive?

The idea is about an unrestricted system, so tecnically yes: a Chief bandit X (until it is a 'valid actor') could Fame-contage Nazeem, Elisif, or anyone else.

Also consider a few things:

-If the bandit is Hostile it can't be fame-contaged (it is pointless, he will probably die in a matter of seconds), if become non hostile (es. Sanguine Debauchery master) yes.

-A bandit COULD fill a Fame slot even if hostile (if he died the slot get cleared)

-There's a Malus of the probability of contage if the two subject are in two different location

-A Fame slot has an expiration date and a number of possible contage

-The contaged amount may vary depending on some variable (Bullshit probability, etc.), Note: this part is connected to an incomplete system, so I couldn't define right now wich are all the variable

And as said before the "contage" should be intended as a direct/indirect contact between the two npc, so yeah: Two different bandits could share this information because they go in the same tavern to drink, but 2 very different npc could have shared this information in various way (a bandit interrogation, a letter, a guys who know a guys who have a sister who dated this other guys once who as hear another guy talking about that etc.)

If can increase the "exhibitionist fame" by thin clothes is best, but it seems a big project, although the 'Frostfall' can check skin bare already.

PS: Maybe I said too early.

Already done ;)

But is in the Equip status part, I'll talk about later on, first things first

I like the idea of a sort of 'universal' fame system - where your character gains attention from certain groups depending on various acts/sexual preferences. Perhaps create some pop-up comments depending on your status, e.g. an npc might comment on you depending on if they agree/disagree with your actions.

Sounds interesting and very involve. I am however a little concern with fame spreading too far and wide too quickly, a limitation of spreading of information between NPC to just the locals should still be in check. There might be something special for the khajiit caravans or NPCs that actually travels. A more personal NPC vs PC fame is indeed the pie in the sky method, but I think an overall regional fame is still useful from a mod perspective say certain event could happen when X fame is reached in Y location.

I might not be understanding it completely but the spread of fame should also not be retroactive, say NPC 1 spread about PC likes to have sex with woman to NPC 2, if NPC 1 is killed afterward NPC 2 should still retain that information which might or might not get spread.

Another thing is "non consensual" fame vs "consensual" fame maybe there can be some amount of bullshit chances involve between the two, but say non consensual sex and nudity should generate a different type of fame than consensual ones.

I'm just a user of mods. I think the idea that the NPC respond to my gear fascinating. Imagine in slave-mods Respond to tattoos or increasingly Devices, with ever decreasing prestige and with increasingly tough statements. In prostitution mods you will be recognized in taverns clothing as a whore and when much "works" viewed getting worse and is treated accordingly (Linguistically?).

In the normal game, the NPC could the morale of the wearer into question in revealing clothes like armor the Forsworn or a vanilla coat armor. I found everything very intresting, but have no idea whether such a thing can be implemented.

A question: when PC get raped by caretures or humanoid enemies in wild or dungeons, then kill then, is not advantageous to fame spreads. In More Devious Quest, I hardly heard NPCs talk about PC's bestiality fame.

Sorry I don't understand the question, my english is nearly sufficient to write half-comprensibile sentences :P

The logic of the system is that: if it happend but there's no one around, no one will know.

So when/if the PC get raped/surrended/consensual, then act like a black widow, no one will go around to talk about this. Either if you do so in a brigand camp or in the city.

In the MDQ the bestiality was/are very restricted because the only creature that could have sex, but not get killed by the guards, are Dogs and horses, the other will trigger the "combat status" that, to avoid performance issues, disable all the MDQ systems.

___

Anyway, basing on this framework, the possibility for other mod are various:

For example the original project included other activity based on fame:

-A npc who know about the Whore fame of the PC will ask for payed Sex

-A npc how know the fame of "slut" of the Pc will try to get sex from him/her, according to his sexual orientation (or trigger a Kidnap scene)

-An npc that know a certain type/number of information could try to blackmail the PC for gold/sex/sex with certain npc, or create a "mega fame slot" (a normal slot with a big number of diffusion and late expiration date)

-The standard Comment system, based on thematic comment

-Interaction/scene between npc talking about the PC (like, for example, The base scene between Ysolda and Carlotta in Whiterun Market)

-Slave fame could trigger SD+ enslavement

-Master Fame: accept the submission of some type of slaves

-Sadic fame attract masochist, etc.

-Etc.

But as said: I don't have time to develop all of this, so if anyone want to do that, feel free to re-use the ideas and if needed assistance/brainstorming, let me know.

I think exhib and slut should be separated, one for just nude in public and one for sex can certainly add some random rumor factor between the two.

Again it would be nice to have some way to tell the difference between consensual vs non-consensual sex acts and nudity.

Device = slave is an issue I have for a while, I don't think all device should immediately mean enslaved, chastity belt for example could be use to prevent unwanted sex, that doesn't necessarily mean enslaved.

Archived