[Abandoned] Devious Device - More Devious Quest

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using the Temptress custom race and there's an issue with a piece of clothing called "Temptress outfit". It did not have the "ClothingBody" keyword and it was not being detected as clothes. This lead to Sasha, a follower provided by this mod to be considered naked and DC being triggered (at a temple, forsooth, the shame). I have provided a mini-esp that adds this keyword. Now it works. Figured I'd share.

temptressarmorfix.esp

• 1 month later...

Ok, some post above I've said that I was working on a porting of the interesting features of the DDMDQ on the SLSF, BUT sadly I must admit that I don't have the time to do that, sorry guys, I tried.

Eventually in the future I could start to make something like that, but I seriously doubt it.

So: If anyone is intrested to re-use the mechanic of the DDMDQ or do a plugin for the SLSF, feel free to contact me for help.

• 1 month later...

I finally found out which mod is adding really annoying bondage related dialogues to my followers it is THIS mod:-( I really like this mod once I set the decay rate of comments to 0 it makes the game much more interesting but having my housecarls and followers tell me how much they want to be tied up or even just about any npc just ruins it for me. I don't want to hear about them wanting to be tied up or their owner or their master/mistress wtf? A steward of some hold doesn't have an owner wth...

Maybe you guys can chop out those dialogues or tell me what to set here so it will go away or how can I chop it out with the cK?

I finally found out which mod is adding really annoying bondage related dialogues to my followers it is THIS mod:-( I really like this mod once I set the decay rate of comments to 0 it makes the game much more interesting but having my housecarls and followers tell me how much they want to be tied up or even just about any npc just ruins it for me. I don't want to hear about them wanting to be tied up or their owner or their master/mistress wtf? A steward of some hold doesn't have an owner wth...

Maybe you guys can chop out those dialogues or tell me what to set here so it will go away or how can I chop it out with the cK?

I doubt you will see any amendments as Versh stopped working on this a long time ago

It sounds like you want to turn off the device comments and device comments npc which has toggles in the MCM

You could set all in the MCM.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. I know this mod isn't supported but if somebody can help...I'm a skyrim advanced mod user but I know very little about scripts. All I can do is some tweaks here and there.

Anyway. I'm trying to tweak this mod with ck the debug notifications on the screen from this script: Vhddmq_ST_CommandSpellMGEFF. Even without changing nothing the compilation fails:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "Vhddmq_ST_CommandSpellMGEFF"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(299,31): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(299,42): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(300,19): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(300,30): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(305,5): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(305,16): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(306,5): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(306,16): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(715,31): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(715,42): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(716,5): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslActorAlias.psc(716,16): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(696,61): variable NiOverride is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(696,72): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(696,91): cannot compare a none to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(696,91): cannot relatively compare variables to None
No output generated for Vhddmq_ST_CommandSpellMGEFF, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on Vhddmq_ST_CommandSpellMGEFF

Dunno if these errors are from this mod outdated or the scripts from sexlab itself. Some thoughts?

Thanks a lot in advance

EDIT: SOLVED. Source scripts from racemenu was needed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This mod is sick! I can't believe I ignored this simply because it says abandoned. I haven't run into any problems with this and it does exactly what I've been looking for... I highly recommend this simply for the commentary and realism.

Muhahaha, another one caught in the web!

Look at the bright side: at least it was a good surprise :P

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

note for users just finding this mod

i have used with DD v4.x and it works fine for the most part ...... just some notes

1 - any item with keyword changes it will have trouble with (yokes, armbinders, etc) .. it should still equip them when it should, but removal will not happen.

2 - new items - it may or may not recognize new items ... it all depends on keywords and device type (generic should be detected if they use the old keywords still).

it may also fail to recognize old items that have had keyword changes.

3 - Slut Madness - it does tend to have a large impact on papyrus if the "Slut Madness" part is running (that part is heavy on usage i find).  if you do turn off the

"Slut Madness" part (to lower papyrus impact) you will need to make sure to turn off both parts of it (for PC and for NPCs).

4 - if you also use Sexlab Sexual Fame Framework (SLSF) - make sure to only use one of them for the child remover part (and any other parts they both have).

this is a good thing to do for any other mods that do the same things also.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 9:35 PM, valcon767 said:

note for users just finding this mod

i have used with DD v4.x and it works fine for the most part ...... just some notes

1 - any item with keyword changes it will have trouble with (yokes, armbinders, etc) .. it should still equip them when it should, but removal will not happen.

2 - new items - it may or may not recognize new items ... it all depends on keywords and device type (generic should be detected if they use the old keywords still).

it may also fail to recognize old items that have had keyword changes.

3 - Slut Madness - it does tend to have a large impact on papyrus if the "Slut Madness" part is running (that part is heavy on usage i find).  if you do turn off the

"Slut Madness" part (to lower papyrus impact) you will need to make sure to turn off both parts of it (for PC and for NPCs).

4 - if you also use Sexlab Sexual Fame Framework (SLSF) - make sure to only use one of them for the child remover part (and any other parts they both have).

this is a good thing to do for any other mods that do the same things also.

Valcon767, just wanted to say thanks for the tip about this mod over in the Devious Followers thread, and to Versh for this mod. The Devious Worker module is worth the dl by itself. 

I can attest that your tweaks make the mod very playable with the full DD 4.0 suite. I use SLSF and Apropos alongside it so I turn off pretty much everything except DW in this one and let the others handle everything else.

Wish I had some programming chops so I could add tasks to the mod, but the ones included are plenty fun, if you like that sort of thing.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...