17 minutes ago, spartan119990 said:

is the more nasty critters mod required or is it more of a recommended mod? you made it sound not so important, and I would love to skip it if I can.

It would give a lot more creature animations for PetCollar to pick from, as well as giving the creatures the necessary equipment, but it's not required, no.

I don't use it, and don't activate creature animations in sexlab at all, and PetCollar works fine. When an animal gets selected for a turn with the pet it simply runs up and then runs away again disappointed. It means human actors can miss their turn, but otherwise everything works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did some reading but did not see the answer to this. I put pet collar on an NPC and I see messages that say so and so need attention, but then nothing happens. I have not tried with a follower yet but wanted to ask if  pets have to be followers in order for the animations to play?

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot find a way to remove the collar from the player.

If I try to unequip from inventory, I only get the "put it on" or "carry on" options. The MCM remove section is grayed out. Unequip/removeitem from console doesn't work either. 

So how do I remove it?

Thanks!

On 9/26/2018 at 7:47 PM, kboom said:

is it possible to add more animal races to the mod?

It uses SexLab functionality for animations. If it's installed and enabled in SexLab, PetCollar will pick it.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:16 PM, willwhitt56 said:

im having an issue where it crashes on start-up when using petcollar, i have the requirements so idk whats causing it?anyone know how to fix it?

If it's on startup, it must be something with your load order.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:22 AM, SimonnomiS said:

I did some reading but did not see the answer to this. I put pet collar on an NPC and I see messages that say so and so need attention, but then nothing happens. I have not tried with a follower yet but wanted to ask if  pets have to be followers in order for the animations to play?

No, pets can be any random NPCs as long as they are collared or have the PetAbility. If animations are not playing, your SexLab setup must be missing the correct animation for that races combination.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:41 AM, chuckyw said:

this mod is a riot lol. My question is, she is getting lonely. What am I supposed to do if my character is lonely?

Get some company. The message appears if there are no followers nearby.

Some custom followers use their own follower framework and may be incompatible without manually adding them to the CurrentFollowerFaction (see Known Issues).

11 hours ago, SAC said:

I cannot find a way to remove the collar from the player.

If I try to unequip from inventory, I only get the "put it on" or "carry on" options. The MCM remove section is grayed out. Unequip/removeitem from console doesn't work either. 

So how do I remove it?

Thanks!

Seems like the DeviousDevices script instance state is broken.

Clean your save from all the "petcollar*" scripts with the SaveTool. Then reload that save and it will reinitialize itself.

19 hours ago, yurik said:

Seems like the DeviousDevices script instance state is broken.

Clean your save from all the "petcollar*" scripts with the SaveTool. Then reload that save and it will reinitialize itself.

I tried, and what happens is that as soon as I load the game my character gets electrocuted to death

39 minutes ago, SAC said:

I tried, and what happens is that as soon as I load the game my character gets electrocuted to death

Ok, what seems to have worked is:

- uninstall Pet Collar, load the save, "clean save"

- clean the save with Fallrim tools

- load the save, save again ("clean save 2")

- reinstall Pet Collar

15 hours ago, SAC said:

Ok, what seems to have worked is:

- uninstall Pet Collar, load the save, "clean save"

- clean the save with Fallrim tools

- load the save, save again ("clean save 2")

- reinstall Pet Collar

ohohoh...you may be able to help me.

is the pet collar giving you a shock? Does this mod ask (dialog box) you when you try and talk to a pet whether you want it punished(shocked), ...or talk?

I have been trying to work out where this dialog came from because it randomly pops up on my mods.

I have slavery mods as well as pet collar mod.

Pet collar script doesn't seem to be playing nice for me with other mods.

The script seems to think (only sometimes) that the leashing collar is a pet collar.

Does anyone have a solution other than uninstall pet collar.

will a clean save like you do the trick?

may be a patch?

On 1/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, padezaw said:

ohohoh...you may be able to help me.

is the pet collar giving you a shock? Does this mod ask (dialog box) you when you try and talk to a pet whether you want it punished(shocked), ...or talk?

I have been trying to work out where this dialog came from because it randomly pops up on my mods.

I have slavery mods as well as pet collar mod.

Pet collar script doesn't seem to be playing nice for me with other mods.

The script seems to think (only sometimes) that the leashing collar is a pet collar.

Does anyone have a solution other than uninstall pet collar.

will a clean save like you do the trick?

may be a patch?

Yes, the dialogue box is from this mod

• 1 month later...

A suggestion that (hopefully) might not be that hard to implement:  an option to trigger the health loss effect on the pet collar wearer when moving beyond a configurable distance from the master.  Obviously this only makes sense when the PC wears the collar, to discourage the PC from straying too far.  It should probably only activate out of combat, to avoid double jeopardy.  

As currently implemented, the health drain won't kill the wearer, so it's just a strong inducement to stay near the master.  The drain-on-distance would have to be tweaked to fire even when master's health is full, but otherwise it's already in the mod and just needs a distance trigger, a toggle, and a max distance setting. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 1:26 AM, HexBolt8 said:

A suggestion that (hopefully) might not be that hard to implement:  an option to trigger the health loss effect on the pet collar wearer when moving beyond a configurable distance from the master.  Obviously this only makes sense when the PC wears the collar, to discourage the PC from straying too far.  It should probably only activate out of combat, to avoid double jeopardy.  

As currently implemented, the health drain won't kill the wearer, so it's just a strong inducement to stay near the master.  The drain-on-distance would have to be tweaked to fire even when master's health is full, but otherwise it's already in the mod and just needs a distance trigger, a toggle, and a max distance setting. 

It's not that easy, and I tried to do it before. But since I'm kind of back to Skyrim I'll give it another attempt. No promises though.

22 hours ago, yurik said:

It's not that easy, and I tried to do it before. But since I'm kind of back to Skyrim I'll give it another attempt. No promises though.

Thanks for considering it, Yurik.  If you can find a way to make it work that could add a new dimension to Pet Collar play. 

On 3/21/2019 at 1:39 AM, yurik said:

How about catching cell load events and calculating the distance then? Maybe with a grace period in the event that the master isn't in the same worldspace so going through a door doesn't automatically set it off.

I noticed something when starting a new game with the latest version. The pet effect doesn't seem to be added when either applying it to the player through the MCM - which is what I usually do - or equipping one of the collars. I get the "Pet Added" message at the top left, but never see the "Your servitude has started" or any other messages afterwards. (Messages were set to active, and I tried toggling them off and on.) I couldn't find any way to get the mod to recognise my character as a pet.

When starting a new game with the previous version I used (5.2.5) and then updating to 5.3.1 on an existing save everything worked.

Might just be something in my set up, but has anyone else had this issue?

2 hours ago, Pupkin said:

"Optional fortitude buffs after sex with the Pet"

How does this work? 

This is the "Passion" effect.  After the master has sex with the pet, Passion provides a scaling buff to health and health regeneration.  It's not permanent but it lasts a good while.  I found it to be unbalancing, but play styles vary widely and you might very well like it.