(she's only a quest follower right now i think, not a regular follower yet), i never had this problem with scenes not starting.

Regarding Serana. NPCs temporarily accompanying you on quests are not considered followers.

I had Serana in my party in version 5.1.0 and it worked with her. I also has AFT (pure version) and no other mods that modify Serana.

This update should not break anything related to this functionality. I'll check it again with her on weekend.

i think it's very odd too, but think it has something to do with the follower limit with AFT, because when i add serana, she's technically follower #6 for me. this is occurring with and without follower boost esp for AFT.

i did observe a few things which may help. first off, the problem isn't immediately apparent. these are my current settings for PetCollar:

Max actor count 5

Use aggressive animations unchecked

Arousal Threshold 90

Scanner Frequency 300

Scanner Timeout 60

i am only using fucktoy function, with all other functions disabled.

what seems to happen is that each time i start a session, 1 follower gets "flagged" at a random point. it doesn't necessarily start immediately, usually after 1 fucktoy event has happened with them. once they are flagged, it seems like any request for service involving that follower will fail, whether it is an animation with them, or a group animation with them as one of the actors. ie: just this session, Follower A was flagged. i see notification "Follower A needs my service" but animation doesn't start. after a few minutes Follower B reaches 90% arousal threshold and now i see "2 people need your service" (follower A + B ). this will also fail to start the scene. 

now if i reload the save, and follower A requests service again, then it will function as normal, because another random follower got flagged. however the symptoms continue so on and so forth. the new follower who got flagged will fail to start any scenes involving them. 

it's very apparent when this happens too, because i can see the followers stop doing whatever they're doing and walk up to me, like they are about to start the scene. then nothing happens and they walk away to do whatever they were doing before.

again, this only started happening when i had the 6th follower (serana) added to my party. before that, i've haven't had this issue once in the 7 or 8 months i've had the mod installed. i don't think she's technically my follower yet and she's only in my party for the dawnguard questline. she does function as a follower for all intents and purposes with petcollar though. i've never played through the questline so i don't know when she becomes an official follower. seems to me what's happening with petcollar is something to do with the max actor count being at 5, and the mod picks 5 out of the 6 followers i have as valid actors. and i think when the 6th "unpicked" follower tries to get service, the mod doesn't start a scene because they are probably an invalid actor. or maybe it has something to do with AFT's limit of 5 followers being managed at once, and one of the 6 followers i have isn't being properly reported to petcollar as a valid follower. 

hope that helps

Hi, Could i get clarification on this change?:

• Fixed Fuctoy effects to persist through cell unloads

The reason i ask is because i've always had an issue where on a given play session my current followers would disappear, presumably to use a pet that is located in another cell (home, for example), they would return later with their arousal set to 0. the only way to fix this issue is to restart the game and load a save where the pet has not been encountered. 

Not a big issue but this has always prevented me from keeping permanent pets, instead i give them the pet ability whenever i'm around and remove it before leaving the area (if i have any followers).

The reason i ask is because i've always had an issue where on a given play session my current followers would disappear, presumably to use a pet that is located in another cell (home, for example), they would return later with their arousal set to 0. the only way to fix this issue is to restart the game and load a save where the pet has not been encountered. 

Not a big issue but this has always prevented me from keeping permanent pets, instead i give them the pet ability whenever i'm around and remove it before leaving the area (if i have any followers).

From how I redesigned this functionality in 5.2.0, this issue should never happen now. NPC Pets now properly discard their Pet status immediately when you leave their cell.

after the update at the beginning of the game automatically puts the collar without a key. This is bad. will this bug be fixed?

I forgot to add condition check to the update script that was intended to fix an issue with the pre-5.2.0 Keyless Pet Collar glitch. Stupid mistake. Please get the 5.2.1 version.

From how I redesigned this functionality in 5.2.0, this issue should never happen now. NPC Pets now properly discard their Pet status immediately when you leave their cell.

Thank You, I'll test it right away! 

Hi there! Awesome mod, I like it very much!!

However, I have two issues.

First, there is no Pet bag dialog, and methods mentioned in Known Issues didn't help.

Second, and much more important - debug options in MCM menu are disabled, I can neither access the stash from there nor take off the (regular) petcollar.

Hi there! Awesome mod, I like it very much!!

However, I have two issues.

First, there is no Pet bag dialog, and methods mentioned in Known Issues didn't help.

Second, and much more important - debug options in MCM menu are disabled, I can neither access the stash from there nor take off the (regular) petcollar.

I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

1. Open console, select this actor and type GetPlayerTeammate. As long as it returns true, you're sneaking and not in combat, the activation menu should pop up when you select a follower.

2. This is intended. Debug options are disabled when Pet Collar is equipped.

v5.2.1 -- I can't set unlimited gold carrying. The setting is -1 on the slider, but the slider only goes down to 0.

Thanks for the report! Fixed in 5.2.2.

Does this mod have a scenario which puts the collar on the player? Or is it only equipped manually yourself? Would be interesting if some taverns had NPCs which put it on the player through dialogue.

No, this mod provides no quests.

i have a little issue with the new version. i get no electrocute punishment when wearing forbitten armor/clothing. when equipping collar or add pet ability to char - then only sparkles appear first - no punishment, after that i have a blue aura around my char and nothing more happens. i have the message, that i wear forbitten armor/clothes but thats all. installed on a new game. made a test roll back to 5.1.0 and there i have immediatly the punishment. moved the new version up and down inside my load order no change. is there anything going wrong with my install?

and thanks a lot for the mod, its a must have for me since you started it.

• 4 weeks later...

hi yurik i noticed the fortify companion buff has been changed to a health transfer effect. i believe the old version had this effect too, but now this new one triggers sooner? anyway i saw this part which mentions the spell ends prematurely if there are enemies nearby.

Fucktoy effect periodically launches quest that gathers references for nearby enemies and selected number of horny followers and stores their references. If Pet Blessing is enabled, every follower and creature are granted PetCollarTransferHealthAbility, which when a master's health is below 50%, consumes health from nearby pets. If an enemy is found nearby, the procedure stops prematurely.

so right now my PC has the petcollar, and my followers are the masters i guess? is there any way to change this effect so that it does not end prematurely, and persists until the duration is over? i want to be able to transfer my hp to my followers since they are tanks and are always dying when they charge in, while i have a ton of health. 

The Health Transfer effect is permanent. It activates when a Master has below 50% HP and a Pet has above 30 HP (absolute value, not percent).

The "premature stop" part relates to the horny followers scan procedure.

i see, thanks for clearing that up. i don't think it's working properly for me then, because my followers are still dying in combat and my health isn't being transferred to them. i do notice that my followers get healed by petcollar effect immediately after a scene though, and they take the lost hp from my PC (PC is using succubus mod so health is drained from followers during a scene). this doesn't happen during combat though. maybe it isn't working as i am expecting it to: what will happen if there is 1 pet, with multiple followers as masters? will health be transferred to all of them, or just a single one? what if the scenes happen with 2 followers, then another follower via a separate service request afterwards--does that overwrite the previous health link?

also, while we are talking about the pet effect--i actually really like the old effect of fortifying master health with magnitude based on pet's arousal. the problem with that was it didn't last through cell loads. it seems liek you are able to fix that with the new version. can you tell me what you have changed to get the pet effect to stay through cell loads? 

i do notice that my followers get healed by petcollar effect immediately after a scene though

It's certainly not from the PetCollar.

what will happen if there is 1 pet, with multiple followers as masters? will health be transferred to all of them, or just a single one?

This is a simple cloak effect without any scripts. The health will be drained to the Master from all nearby Pets. If there are 2 Masters with <50% health, they both will activate the effect. And they can drain from the same Pets simultaneously.

what if the scenes happen with 2 followers, then another follower via a separate service request afterwards--does that overwrite the previous health link?

A Master will retain the effect as long as it is a follower of a Pet. The effect can be active on up to 4 NPCs (+ one PC) simultaneously.

also, while we are talking about the pet effect--i actually really like the old effect of fortifying master health with magnitude based on pet's arousal. the problem with that was it didn't last through cell loads. it seems liek you are able to fix that with the new version. can you tell me what you have changed to get the pet effect to stay through cell loads?

Before the update, the Master effect got cast on NPCs directly. So it was purged by the game engine on cell unloads. Now it is applied on a Quest Reference Alias, which allows it to stick to the NPC as long as the quest is active.

i do notice that my followers get healed by petcollar effect immediately after a scene though

It's certainly not from the PetCollar.

i did some more testing and it looks like the effect IS working, but i was under the assumption that the heal will heal my follower back to full. this does not seem to be the case because the conditional for the effect to trigger is less than 50%, so it stops healing the master when they get back to 50% health. the reason i thought it wasn't working before was because the heal appears to be really small, and my followers take waaay more damage than it's healing for. but the effect does work so thank you for clarifying it.

however now i'm wondering if it is possible to somehow incorporate the old pet arousal mechanic back into the master buff; the old hp buff was also great because it factored in pet's arousal to determine the magnitude of the hp buff, which i think is an excellent mechanic. can that be added back to the fucktoy script and piggyback as an additional effect on the current quest reference alias for absorb pet health effect?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the new version.

I just wanted to ask something relating to the new devious devices framework, which sounds like it's only days away from full release now. I've been running the development branches of it for a while and having a lot of fun, but I've had a problem with PetCollar triggering sexlab animations when a devious event (such as an armbinder struggle) is in progress. What happens is, if my character is struggling and PetCollar prompts her follower to use her, the sexlab animation will override the devious struggle at first, but when the struggle event ends my character stands up and is immobile for the rest of the animation while her follower continues to animate properly.

I asked in the devious development thread and Princessity said they'd done all they can to prevent it, but that the mod triggering the sexlab animation shouldn't be doing it if a devious event is playing. Here's the link to her post, assuming I get it right with the new site:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=2071425

Is this something you could take a look at? I know sometimes two mods might trigger at almost the same time, so some clashes are probably inevitable, but I just thought I'd run it by you in case there's anything that can be done. It's not the end of the world, and I'll continue using PetCollar as my main animation-triggering mod regardless. This has always been one of my favourites.

Thanks!