18 minutes ago, greyspammer said:

I know it's hard to believe, but there are people out there who don't love being forever trapped in rubber. Bunch of sick freaks and perverts!

Btw is it possible to pimp my beloved mistress look. More beautiful. Then my first stop on a new playthrough would be north brittleshine pass instead of whiterun.:blush:

On 4.12.2017 at 9:44 PM, ZofaSoldier said:

I wonder how the scripts behave if there is not enough processing power. Do they get put to sleep until the result can be calculated, or is it completely discarded? I know I had issues in Fallout 4 when weird stuff started happening when too much stuff was going on. CPU could not handle it, and the game started falling part from the inside.

In my time with Skyrim i've experienced two different cases of "not enough power" at least that's what i assume (and partly it's the Skyrim engine, not my CPU).

I'm no expert at both, but i can tell what i've learned. The most problematic are stack dumps. What i understood is that scripts have a certain time to be executed, if they aren't they will get additional time, that's what those two values do: 

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6

1.2 is default value for both, i've increased my extrabudget for scripts that couldn't be executed in time slightly. The point here is that it's - as far as i got it - both minimum and maximum at the same time, so increasing those values hits your performance -regardless if you actually need more time- and they really should only be changed slightly if at all. 

Back to stack dumps, essentially Papyrus dumps the whole script if it can't be executed in time with the second try. Not only that it doesn't do a certain action at a certain time, for mods running scripts regularly this totally breaks them in several points. For example Devious Devices "forgot" the content of it's animation library for bound animations, so whenever i was in an armbinder or belt SL animation went wrong, either beeing teleported to giants camp or falling through the floor or just CTD. Since this happens only if there are several scripts running at once, in my experience it's totally random which are dumped (less likely, but including vanilla ones, as far as i can tell), but they never recover and at this point the save is pretty much broken. Reinstalling the mods might work, but it didn't the one time i've tried and since then i just start a new game when i see stack dumps and reloading an older save just reproduces them. They can be seen in the papyrus log, but only at the time they actually happen. If you start Skyrim several times the log mentioning them might already be overwritten.

Because i had some problems with stack dumps for quite a while i've checked my logs quite often, that's why i'm pretty sure that there's a second version of "not enough power", in general less problematic but possibly even harder to detect. I'd call it script lag or script hickup, something goes wrong but there is no (or at least less) clue about it in the logs. I consider it less problematic because it doesn't really dump completly a script, the next time it's running it's most likely fine, and in most cases you'd need it at a certain time you'll recognize it early enough. Like, you're in a scene and at a certain point it doesn't progress, but reloading a save before starting the scene would do the trick.

For the courier problem i could imagine both... which doesn't necessarily mean it actually is, but i think it's possible.

15 hours ago, Stuker said:

Btw is it possible to pimp my beloved mistress look. More beautiful. Then my first stop on a new playthrough would be north brittleshine pass instead of whiterun.:blush:

Beauty is subjective. For instance, I'm not a big fan of pumpkin sized boobs or asses that look like they had an allergic reaction to something. But when I look at certain body type mods out there, it seems that not everyone shares that viewpoint. Some people may not like the dark skin. I think it's a nice contrast to the white rubber. And the gold skin of the Altmer didn't look much better to me. But others might disagree. Are you into elves or would you rather have her be human? Want her to be a redhead, a brunette or a blonde? Or maybe something more outlandish, like white, blue or green hair?

No matter whose preferences I design the Mistress to, there will always be someone else who doesn't like it.

The current design of the Mistress has the advantage that she's "pretty enough" and somewhat exotic while hopefully still not off-putting to most people. And all with just vanilla Skyrim assets. I don't need to add additional dependencies to hairstyle, eye color or body type mods. Those would further complicate installation for novice users, for just one single character. So it's unlikely I'll change her.

But of course, no one is preventing you from modding her yourself just the way you like it. Make her a flat chested loli or an oversized hourglass caricature of a women. Give her a new hairstyle or tweak her face. I don't care. Just have fun.

No, no... I'm perfectly fine with almost all of her. It's only the face that could be more attractive. I don't like huge breast either and for the hair, there is a mod to adjust it to my personal preferences. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this on my own. What do I need for such a task? Only Creation Kit? Whatever, I love her anyways.

48 minutes ago, Stuker said:

No, no... I'm perfectly fine with almost all of her. It's only the face that could be more attractive. I don't like huge breast either and for the hair, there is a mod to adjust it to my personal preferences. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this on my own. What do I need for such a task? Only Creation Kit? Whatever, I love her anyways.

Yes, basically. Open her up under actors, then change the face settings. Depending on which mods you have installed, she may look differently in the CK. Because as I understand it, the CK doesn't show the modded version. Here's what she looks like on my system:

AlDCa5h.png

https://imgur.com/AlDCa5h

Yeah, the CK version is a little scary, but the ingame version... I'm fine with that.

Hey, people!

I'm looking for a ready-to-use model (NIF+textures) of an hourglass as a prop for one of my quests. Oblivion even had one included, but Skyrim doesn't (and Bethesda doesn't like it when you move assets from one game to another). So if anyone knows of such an item or can make it themselves (maybe as an exercise), please let me know.

It doesn't have to be animated, and while collision would be nice, it's ultimately not required.

Been searching for a while now, but I don't want to spend too much time on something that's not really crucial to the quest and will only be seen for about 2-3 minutes. So I'm asking you.

22 minutes ago, qawsedrftg765 said:

After the quest Rubber journey Home, when Master removes the pony gear she says that Velnar is coming to collect his prize money, I don't get a follow up quest and I have tried  waiting for 48 hours inside the tower and nothing happens.... is something supposed to happen?

This is the first pony race, right? The quest after that should be the Rubber School quest. You'll want to use the console to make sure that the quest tir_twr_work01 is in stage 80 and that the quest tir_twr_school01 is running and at least in stage 10. If the school quest is not running or stuck in stage 0, then there was probably some problem with a quest alias filling (if only I had penny for every time that happened!). Try to restart the quest ('resetquest tir_twr_school01', followed by 'startquest tir_twr_school01'). Close the console for a few seconds, then open it up again and check if tir_twr_school01 has progressed to stage 10. If yes, then you should be able to talk to the Mistress about the next thing. If not... well, I'm not really sure what else you can do at that point.

4 hours ago, greyspammer said:

Hey, people!

I'm looking for a ready-to-use model (NIF+textures) of an hourglass as a prop for one of my quests. ..

I can give that a try. Can models be resized when placing them in the CK? If not, what size do you need the hourglass in? Handheld? Sitting on a table somewhere? As big as a grandfather's clock? Or frickin Big Ben?

47 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

I can give that a try. Can models be resized when placing them in the CK? If not, what size do you need the hourglass in? Handheld? Sitting on a table somewhere? As big as a grandfather's clock? Or frickin Big Ben?

Models can be scaled, but upscaling too much may make it look bad. After all, poly and texture resolution aren't going to magically increase to create additional detail. It's generally easier to scale down. Worst case there is that you have more poly and texture detail than you need for the reduced size, giving less than optimal performance. But I don't think I have to worry too much about the poly count in the room I intend to use it in. So I think it's better to err on the side of making it too big rather than too small.

That being said, it's supposed to sit on a table and be carried by a person. So somewhere between a foot or two (or about 30-60cm) would probably be the right height.

A static hourglass would be simple.  Making it caryable has challenges.

Does she carry it like a weapon, or... a torch? what the appropriate animation is is a question for greyspammer, but it could simply be an equipped item weighted to her hand for starters. but then it'd follow her hand wherever and however quickly she moves it, which could be strange.

Let me know how it goes, Duderino!

32 minutes ago, Farmthat said:

A static hourglass would be simple.  Making it caryable has challenges.

Oh, no. She doesn't have to visibly carry it. I only mentioned that because of the size. It can't be so large that it raises the question: "How does she lift that thing?"

It's ok if it's a static. I can make the actor do a "give" animation and then enable the static, making it pop up on screen. That makes it look like it was put there by the actor. Actually, even giving the item physics might even screw things up. We all have seen the game's physics behave strangely at times. You slightly bump into a table and some goblets go flying. I don't want that to happen to the hourglass. A simple static object be good enough for me. Even collision isn't really necessary, because it will be on a table which has its own collision. So unless the player jumps on the table, they'll never realize that they can walk through the hourglass.

1 hour ago, greyspammer said:

Oh, no. She doesn't have to visibly carry it. I only mentioned that because of the size. It can't be so large that it raises the question: "How does she lift that thing?"

greyspammer... I regret to inform you but

YOUR TIME IS UP!

2017-12-11_hourglass.jpg.fdfbb4ebb544e31d2685a04743bb3641.jpg

Check your PM. :smile:

The hourglass is a static object with collision (not sure if that's of the exact right size, but walking into the thing pushed it away nicely in my brief test and dropping it from the inventory also worked fine).

Maybe it could be set up as a weapon if you really want to make it carryable? Then equip it by script during whatever scene you need it. Though I suppose that's more trouble than necessary, leaving it as a static object is probably enough.

Edit: A-ha. I see Farmthat posted pretty much the exact same idea already. And some more. Sorry!

Depending on what you plan... if somebody wants to make it carriable, maybe the "wear a tray" animation for working in taverns etc would fit? To make sure it isn't turned over and stuff, that would make sense for an hour glass, but i have no clue if it's easy/possible to replace the tray or the cups on it.

Hey there,

Got a little problem with Elyn. After she attacks me with the lightning and the pop-up messages occurs I will always crash during the loading screen. - Have tried disabling a lot of script heavy mods such as DCL and rebuilding my merge/bashed patches to no avail.

My game is a little borked but I very rarely get Loading CTDs and have not had an issues previously with this mod's teleportation. (Pony race/rubber abduction) is there a set stage I can use to get around this?

Here is my log any-who... it is a pretty borked save file. https://pastebin.com/4nv3zbs6

Thanks for any help :smile:

38 minutes ago, qawsedrftg765 said:

it is a pretty borked save file

No kidding.

Your options at this point are pretty limited if you don't want to start a clean new save. Try some of the savegame cleaners available on the net. They can't clean up everything though. And I've found that sometimes, it helps to have the cell that's causing load crashes already in the cache. So you could start the game, open the console without loading anything, and type: "coc tir_velnarsprison". Hopefully, that will work. Then immediately load a savegame right before Elyn attacks you. Then, when you get teleported to the prison, it's already in the cache and the game may not crash at that point. As usual with broken saves, there are no guarantees. Even if it works, I can't promise you won't into into more problems further down the road.

yeah I cant even coc into it with that load order.  AM able to with a newer, non super script heavy load order. But alas with the save being so bad removing stuff out of it really isn't an option.

Oh well I will just have to do a fresh play-through when I create a new load order for DD 4.0 since I am going to *try* to restrain myself with the mods I use (pun intended)

thanks anyway for the help.