• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have this mod for a few years now- I love it but was never able to finish it. I make it all the way through the rubber finale (side with the mistress) and I never get that final letter for the epilogue. I have waited for weeks, travelled to every city tried what was done in that fast run (going to whiterun then into the barracks then out again)....Nothing, I am unable to trigger that freaking messenger. Can anyone please help or provide a console command how I can just set the last stage? Many thanks

On 23.3.2018 at 10:50 PM, pnutz78 said:

I have this mod for a few years now- I love it but was never able to finish it. I make it all the way through the rubber finale (side with the mistress) and I never get that final letter for the epilogue. I have waited for weeks, travelled to every city tried what was done in that fast run (going to whiterun then into the barracks then out again)....Nothing, I am unable to trigger that freaking messenger. Can anyone please help or provide a console command how I can just set the last stage? Many thanks

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/37602-trapped-in-rubber-updated-2015-08-02/?do=findComment&comment=1558650

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/37602-trapped-in-rubber-updated-2015-08-02/?do=findComment&comment=1448669

12 hours ago, greyspammer said:

Thanks Grey!

This worked- I just had to start the epilogue quest. Now I am having a problem though with the rubber boon/ epilog and. I do the inspection with the mistress no problem. But at the end of it- no matter whether I pick a boon already or wait for her to close the inspection, I get teleported back to the entrance hall of the tower and am stuck (no player controls) and no mistress. Have tried this a couple of times now and its always the same outcome. Would appreciate any help to get me over the finish line :-)

17 hours ago, Bimbino01 said:

After seeing all the cool stuff being added to devious devicesn do you plan on adding that stuff into this mod?

Some stuff I already did. It has to make sense, though. If I can come up with a story-driven explanation as to why a certain device would be used (and I have the time), then I'll add it.

But priority no. 1 is to get the mod done with the features I already have planned. Otherwise, you risk ending up in the "death spiral of non-release":

1. You work on your project.
  2. In the meantime, a new technology (like a new device for DD) comes out.
  3. You think this is cool and want to have it in your project.
  4. While you're working on implementing that, another new thing comes out.
  5. Go to step 3.

And then your project essentially never ever gets released because there's always something new and shiny to chase after. Happens to a lot of newbie developers, but also professionals. Look at what happened to 3DRealms and Duke Nukem Forever.

Sometimes, you have to call a "feature freeze" (meaning what you currently have on your list is all there will be) and then buckle down and just get it done. And anything new will have to wait for a potential future version.

On 27.3.2018 at 1:21 AM, Bimbino01 said:

I understand what your saying, but damn did that pet play device look good.

Which one?

On 27.3.2018 at 1:21 AM, Bimbino01 said:

If you dont mind me asking when did you do a "feature freeze" during the mod developement?

Yeah, like I'd remember that. I'm lucky if I still remember what I had for breakfast this morning. OldMan.gif.d21696676b1689cdd4dff63c549cf64a.gif

3 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I think he's thinking about this item that has been teased for DD4.1.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/84513-ft-workshop/?do=findComment&comment=2172265

Well, it certainly looks nice. And I've (more than once) complained about the lack of a bitch suit. This might be a suitable replacement.

But: It isn't even out yet. So there'd be nothing I could do, even if I wanted to. Who knows when it'll be available, in what state it will be (e.g. with full animations or not, can it be worn over a suit or not...), what state my mod will be in at that time, what other stuff might be out as well, etc. etc. There's some saying about counting chickens before they hatch. I think it applies here.

I always enjoy this mod, fun to play through. Its a nice setup and always look forward to finding the suit. I appreciate that you have kept this alive and still respond to peoples trouble with the mod. It should be fun to see what changes are in the rewrite.

I did read back a few pages, is there going to be some suits with AC and stats? Even if its something that needs to be earned. I do enjoy being able to play through the game not being hobbled to much and have ways to counteract or overcome disadvantages. 

10 hours ago, andagain said:

I did read back a few pages, is there going to be some suits with AC and stats? Even if its something that needs to be earned. I do enjoy being able to play through the game not being hobbled to much and have ways to counteract or overcome disadvantages. 

With the new system (the suit internally handled as a "skin") in place, it's a bit more complicated to have different versions with different stats. What I've currently planned is that you'll eventually get an amulet that should boost your armor value. That way, I don't have to implement different suits. Maybe, once the new version has been out for a while and I know that it works as intended on a broad scale, I'll add some more suits. For now, I'd like to keep it simple. If something doesn't work out, I don't want to go back and have to rework 5 different suits.

• 2 weeks later...

...Doing rubber hunt. only managed to get out of the mine by changing cell. hit her she goes backwards. keeps going into the mine and walking back and forth inside. How exactly am I meant to get her anywhere? Why "hit her and then follow her' instead of 'update quest after she is bound with a quest marker for the boat. use leash mechanic or something. hit her to get her moving, following you, thus not relying on npc pathing and her deciding to move at all let alone in the right direction and then move towards quest marker. Repeat till you get to boat. Because I am so done right now.

My apologies for sounding short but I am frustrated from trying to get this installed, ignoring the fact you don't have bodyslide files(that I can find) and now dealing with npc dumbness.

16 hours ago, J1293 said:

Why "hit her and then follow her' instead of 'update quest after she is bound with a quest marker for the boat. use leash mechanic or something. hit her to get her moving, following you, thus not relying on npc pathing and her deciding to move at all let alone in the right direction and then move towards quest marker.

That is not, I repeat, not the implemented mechanic. The slave will always move towards the boat. She doesn't follow you. You follow her and drive her in front of you with your crop. It does rely on NPC pathing. The only thing you control with your crop is her speed. It's normally 0. When you hit her, she starts running (towards the boat!), then after a while slows down to walking and then standing still again. And then she needs another reminder with the riding crop. She will find the correct way. You just have to hit her over and over so that she keeps going. Which is the whole idea of the quest. It gives you a reason to keep spanking a slave.

If this does not happen, then you have some other problem with your setup. Maybe something interfering with the pathing (e.g. mods that modify the worldspace between the mine and boat), or a mod that tampers with ActorValue05 (where the speed value is stored) which it shouldn't (you should never modify AV05 of NPCs that don't belong to your own mod). Or something else. There are many fail-safes in place for such an event, however. You can just start walking towards the boat. The mod will keep teleporting her to you whenever she's in a cell that gets unloaded from memory (because it's too far away). So technically, you should be able complete the quest by just ignoring her, fast-traveling to the Tower and wait for the game to put her next to you. You'd just be missing out on the fun part.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, greyspammer said:

So technically, you should be able complete the quest by just ignoring her, fast-traveling to the Tower and wait for the game to put her next to you. You'd just be missing out on the fun part.

I did try that before I posted after trying to talk or wack her to get her to go but she just kept turning back to her spot in the mine and while she followed me out of the mine when I exited she kept going back in and when I fast traveled to the tower she wasn't around nor when I went in hoping going into or out of a building would help. Its why I got frustrated enough to post wishing you had made it a leash if only cause I know that works to make npcs move. Pretty sure the only thing I have tampering with npc walk is the victoria high heels mod.

Its fine, I'll just leave it and maybe poke at it again in a few months or something. Little enough time between work to play and don't want it all chewed up through figuring out mods. Been there too much lol.

Thanks for answering.

5 hours ago, J1293 said:

I did try that before I posted after trying to talk or wack her to get her to go but she just kept turning back to her spot in the mine and while she followed me out of the mine when I exited she kept going back in and when I fast traveled to the tower she wasn't around nor when I went in hoping going into or out of a building would help.

You can also just click on her in the console to get her refid, then FT to the Tower and type "moveto player". Or just "setstage tir_twr_hunt01 100" to complete the quest right away.

15 hours ago, greyspammer said:

You can also just click on her in the console to get her refid, then FT to the Tower and type "moveto player". Or just "setstage tir_twr_hunt01 100" to complete the quest right away.

Will do that. Thanks for the help and quick replies :smile:

Really enjoying the mod so far ! Thanks !

I just had a problem after the Rubber School quest, was kept locked in the armbinder and both the Mistress or command weren't able to free me out of it (had to use vanilla difficulty in DD to get out of it)
And i use an Argonian female, i don't know if it matters but the colors for everything in rubber are messed up.
going to add a screenshot to explain the messed colors, meanwhile, for exemple, green suits will show being green but when on the character it won't be green :cry:
oh and FYI I already done some "repair" to made the mod working, first time I tried it the poor first girl didn't had any body and was half bald with no mask :')

1 hour ago, seolenn said:

And i use an Argonian female, i don't know if it matters but the colors for everything in rubber are messed up.

Beast races are not officially supported by this mod. You can still use them, but you do so at your own risk.

1 hour ago, chevalierx said:

i still waiting for new version !!!^^

Still some time off. I originally intended to resume work on the mod this weekend, but I came down with a cold. Currently busy with rapidly alternating between shivers and burning up. Fun time. :frown:

I've repaired it myself with TES5EDIT, some where mixed, some have texture and stuff missing hence why the problem appear.

oh and I was kept again in the rubber pony boots without possibility to legitly remove it, you may add in the troobleshooting list the "restraints key" ID : xxx1775F  or say to type : help "restraints key" :smiley: