• 2 weeks later...

Rubber squeaking sounds, breathing sounds from the gas mask, more content!!! Wow, I'm pretty sure I am not alone in saying I can't wait to see the next version.

Yeah it is going to be pretty awesome, got a save waiting for this and V4 of Captured dreams. I have a feeling my poor PC is going to be a little indisposed :P

Since people asked for it, I finally put up a patreon for my mod. I suppose it's not the fanciest page over there, but if you'd like to support me on a more permanent basis, you can now do so.

If you have any problems or questions about it, feel free to contact me. I'm new to Patreon myself, so let's hope it works as intended.

Since people asked for it, I finally put up a patreon for my mod. I suppose it's not the fanciest page over there, but if you'd like to support me on a more permanent basis, you can now do so.

If you have any problems or questions about it, feel free to contact me. I'm new to Patreon myself, so let's hope it works as intended.

Suggestions:

Change the subscription type from monthly to per update. People will actually know what they're paying for.

One of the benefits of paying should be access to a private beta. Patrons will be able to play the game sooner while you will be able to fix the most critical bugs before a public release. One or two weeks should be more than enough.

And check the eula so that you can ask for money the right way. (You can't sell mods, but maybe you can sell your work on a public mod?)

I would send you money but I have no idea what I am paying for :)

Change the subscription type from monthly to per update. People will actually know what they're paying for.

Hmm. Originally, I didn't want to compromise the way I work on the mod. You probably realised by now that I like to work for months on one rather large update. During that time, I wouldn't see any money. Then I release the new version and keep pushing out bugfix releases in rapid sequence. Then I'd make a lot of money in a short period of time, but patrons might not like that they basically pay several times over within a month.

The monthly schedule allows for a more predictable drain on your wallet. And a more predictable flow of income for me. Plus there's no incentive for me to keep churning out micro updates.

At least those were my thoughts when setting up the page. I'm not really good with that whole Patreon stuff. Let's say I change it to pay per update. What would be an appropriate sum for that?

And check the eula so that you can ask for money the right way. (You can't sell mods, but maybe you can sell your work on a public mod?)

Yeah, that's another problem. Right now, it's pretty clear. The mod is always free and publicly available. And you pay me on a schedule that has nothing to do with the mod.

Pay per release gets me one step closer to making it look like I'm selling the mod. Private beta access is another step (people pay for getting the mod). I'm not sure how thin that ice is, legally speaking.

Hmm. Originally, I didn't want to compromise the way I work on the mod. You probably realised by now that I like to work for months on one rather large update. During that time, I wouldn't see any money. Then I release the new version and keep pushing out bugfix releases in rapid sequence. Then I'd make a lot of money in a short period of time, but patrons might not like that they basically pay several times over within a month.

The monthly schedule allows for a more predictable drain on your wallet. And a more predictable flow of income for me. Plus there's no incentive for me to keep churning out micro updates.

At least those were my thoughts when setting up the page. I'm not really good with that whole Patreon stuff. Let's say I change it to pay per update. What would be an appropriate sum for that?

Yeah, that's another problem. Right now, it's pretty clear. The mod is always free and publicly available. And you pay me on a schedule that has nothing to do with the mod.

Pay per release gets me one step closer to making it look like I'm selling the mod. Private beta access is another step (people pay for getting the mod). I'm not sure how thin that ice is, legally speaking.

You can totally have a private 'latest release'. Plenty of games do it. Basically, if you are a patron, you get a message from Patreon with the link to the latest release while anyone who is not paying would not know where to go. You can also protect the file with a password like many do. Older releases get released to the public when available. Basically, people pay to ensure they get the latest release. It's done all the time.

You can totally have a private 'latest release'. Plenty of games do it.

Commercial games, yes. Whenever they're using 3rd party components, they have purchased the necessary licenses for commercial use.

But TIR is a mod. I have to abide by the CK EULA, which states:

You may not cause or permit the [...] commercial exploitation (e.g., by renting, licensing, sublicensing, leasing, disseminating, uploading, downloading, transmitting, whether on a pay-per-play basis or otherwise) of any New Materials without the express prior written consent of an authorized representative of Bethesda Softworks.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that paying to get access to the mod (even if it's only a beta preview) would violate that. Even a payment that triggers when I release a new version (pay per update) could be construed as "commercial exploitation". I'd get money for uploading.

Monthly and per-update methods both have their perks.

People tend to grow frustrated with monthly subscriptions--it's abused far more than per-update methods. One of the best patreons on the per-update method is Malice and the Machine. (fun game, good art, free demo out, I suggest trying it out. has some latex, too.)

Monthly billing seems like the best bet for the creator though. Sadly, people seem to milk it like crazy. I've seen lots of people jaded by games with positively glacial progress, yet most are too lazy to unsubscribe as patrons.

So an angry user base, unfinished games, but rich devs.

However, this is all a moot point. You aren't controlling your releases, you're still distributing for free and it's just generous people donating either way.

What would be an appropriate sum for that?

A price between 5 and 15 usd would be just right.

In terms of asking money for bug fixes - don't. They should be a free part of any major version.

I did a quick search and it does seem like the developer does not officially approve of Patreon but I did not find an article where they took legal action.

Other companies usually send a legal warning first. The creators of Nexus asked about such funding but did not receive a clear reply so they decided against it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12564/?

That said, what is the ETA on the next expansion?

I did a quick search and it does seem like the developer does not officially approve of Patreon but I did not find an article where they took legal action.

I think I'll try and keep the Patreon as detached from the mod as possible. That should minimize the risk for me.

Other companies usually send a legal warning first.

Yeah, and that can be a problem in itself. Because in my country, whoever sends a cease-and-desist order can bill the recipient of that order for it. Which is abused quite often by lawyers to get rich. They just charge astronomical fees for that letter and you're on the hook. You either have to pay or risk a lawsuit. So if Bethesda hires a lawyer in my country to go after me, even the cease-and-desist letter can cost me a lot of money. From what I've seen over the years, typical fees range between 400 and 1,500 Euro, but there's no real upper limit. That's not exactly the kind of money I have just lying around.

So forgive me for playing it safe with Patreon and keeping at monthly payments. I set the lowest entry point possible (1$). I would've gone for 50 cent, but the site wouldn't accept it. So if I release a new version every 5 to 15 months, you basically end up with the same payment.

That said, what is the ETA on the next expansion?

I think I'm supposed to say "When it's done!" here. ;)

The new story add-on hit something of a wall so I decided to make something else first and come back to it later. If it pans out, it'll be the first repeatable quest in TIR.

Are there fixed fees when subscribing? I would assume that you get more money in total for one 15 USD payment than fifteen 1 USD payments?

According to this, the charge is the same. Patreon charges 5% of all pledges. So whether they charge 5% of 1$ for 10 months, or 5% of 10$ one time, makes no difference. It's always 50 cents.

There are, of course, fees for the Patron that depend on the payment service they use. Paypal charges 2% for international transfers. Payoneer has a fixed 3$ fee. Plus potential conversion fees to USD.

And the same goes for my withdrawals. I have to pay either Paypal or Payoneer for the transfer, and a conversion fee to EUR. I'll probably have to accumulate a certain amount of money before cashing out makes sense.

Just pledged a bit on Patreon.

I noticed you're possibly interested in using new devices/clothing? If there's anything specific you'd like to see modeled, I've slowly been teaching myself 3Ds Max and it would actually help if I had a goal--something to replicate.

I offer absolutely no promises that I could deliver, but hey--my day job is 3D modeling in autodesk Revit, so my odds of picking it up are good.

solitud parade is terriblel idea... you know adult mod user has lot of cdt problem. cdt area is everywhere like mine field. many npc place is worse. then yo just 3 people around solutd? it's like blinding walk in mine field. every moment freezing, and cdt. you know what, i playing your mode hallday. threre is so many bug, like mistress stuck in basement when she must show up stair. but is use cheat cod, using other mod, try to playing anywhere. but parade? i just gave up. after 4 hour struggle, i just gave up. gave up this mode... next time, please don't use existing city... build new town, or land. or using small count npc place.

I didn't crash at all, it may be caused by other mods you're using.

But I partially agree on using existing assets, I had an issue where the wine supplier was dead and had to revive her.

Could be solved by creating a duplicate npc (twin sister) when initialising the quest if the original is dead. A few lines of dialogue about her returning from "abroad" to take over the business after her deceased sister should be enough.

And if she is alive then stash her somewhere and add a short dialogue about her going abroad and her sister taking over.

This would allow you to make some quests around her (she was really interested about how rubber feels). Maybe expand on that a little bit.

solitud parade is terriblel idea... you know adult mod user has lot of cdt problem. cdt area is everywhere [...] build new town, or land. or using small count npc place.

I'm sorry that you have trouble. But it works fine for me and your idea is not feasible. First: Building my own town is a lot of work, especially if it's for just one quest. Second: The whole idea of this parade quest is to go to a large city. The Mistress wants to spread the word, so she goes a major settlement. Third: Any new town would have to be put somewhere and that would raise more compatibility issues with other mods. And making a complete new land is even more work. Fourth: Whatever problems I might avoid by not using an existing city might very well be offset by new problems from all the new stuff that would be needed. If I build a complete new city, you can be damn sure there's going to be things that won't work as intended and cause crashes just the same.

If you have CTDs, I suggest you check your papyrus logs and try again with only the bare minimum of required mods.

I noticed you're possibly interested in using new devices/clothing? If there's anything specific you'd like to see modeled

Oh, where to start?

• I'd love to get more gear for pet play. Right now, we only have the pony race. And even that could be enhanced by masks like this, for example. Pony tail plugs would also be nice.
  • Similar gear for cats and dogs, with bondage restraints for arms and legs, could also be used in new pet play scenes. Ideally with fitting animations (e.g. player walking on all fours). Like here.
  • Interconnecting hoses and bottles for the gasmasks could be used in breathplay.
  • Rubber capes, rubber aprons, rubber riding boots and wellies (Hunter style) would make for lovely additions to the rubber wardrobe. The last two might actually not be that difficult to make.
  • All kinds of stuff needed for medical play, like gynecological chairs, exam tables, syringes, enema bags, nurse head bands, spreaders, drips, etc.
  • Cute maid and schoolgirl outfits that can be worn over the rubber suit.
  • Rubber ball gowns or elegant Victorian style dresses (like this, only with a really high neck and of course made completely from rubber).
  • More BDSM weapons. Right now, the only really working thing is the riding crop. A ruler (for "teachers") or a bull whip with full animation would be cool.
  • Maybe gasmasks that only cover the face and can be worn with hoods, then adding more hoods. Like ones with pony tails. Or pig tails.
  • The school room could use a real chalk board.
  • Make the UNP meshes for the catsuits fit with the harnesses from DD (currently, there are some clipping issues).
  • And that's just off the top of my head! I'm sure I can come up with more.

It's not like my sick and perverted mind couldn't come up with new stuff for the mod. It's that I'm limited by what I have to work with. I could do soooooo much, if only I had the assets! *sigh*

But I partially agree on using existing assets, I had an issue where the wine supplier was dead and had to revive her.

One of these days I'm going to fix that! :)

• I'd love to get more gear for pet play. Right now, we only have the pony race. And even that could be enhanced by masks like this, for example. Pony tail plugs would also be nice.
  • Similar gear for cats and dogs, with bondage restraints for arms and legs, could also be used in new pet play scenes. Ideally with fitting animations (e.g. player walking on all fours). Like here.
  • Interconnecting hoses and bottles for the gasmasks could be used in breathplay.
  • Rubber capes, rubber aprons, rubber riding boots and wellies (Hunter style) would make for lovely additions to the rubber wardrobe. The last two might actually not be that difficult to make.
  • All kinds of stuff needed for medical play, like gynecological chairs, exam tables, syringes, enema bags, nurse head bands, spreaders, drips, etc.
  • Cute maid and schoolgirl outfits that can be worn over the rubber suit.
  • Rubber ball gowns or elegant Victorian style dresses (like this, only with a really high neck and of course made completely from rubber).
  • More BDSM weapons. Right now, the only really working thing is the riding crop. A ruler (for "teachers") or a bull whip with full animation would be cool.
  • Maybe gasmasks that only cover the face and can be worn with hoods, then adding more hoods. Like ones with pony tails. Or pig tails.
  • The school room could use a real chalk board.
  • Make the UNP meshes for the catsuits fit with the harnesses from DD (currently, there are some clipping issues).
  • And that's just off the top of my head! I'm sure I can come up with more.
  •  

Oh, where to start?

It's not like my sick and perverted mind couldn't come up with new stuff for the mod. It's that I'm limited by what I have to work with. I could do soooooo much, if only I had the assets! *sigh*

Okay--there are two things I can point you to which you might already know about (sorry, my browser is being weird about links) --

Turbosnowy has a mod here with a whip. Search for "whipcane." It's pretty impressive and is really underappreciated. 

Also search for "fully animated dwarven tailed dildo" for a plug with a tail. It's a MASSIVE file for just one object, but I think he uploaded a lower res version since the first release.

If I had to pick something from your list to prioritize... it'd probably be the medical equipment and furniture, tubes, bags, etc. It's probably easiest for me to create, since it'll involve stationary/bound characters or could recycle existing furniture animations. Perhaps the pony-play hood and plug tail would be something I can try too. The tail plug would look WAY better with weights and bouncing, but... we'll see when I get there.

Unfortunately, things with custom animations or custom body types for pet-play such as walking on all four in a bitchsuit would be beyond my abilities for the foreseeable future. despite how awesome that would be.

Just googled the whip and wow, does it look amazing!

The promotional video on steam workshop even has a full body latexsuit with a latex cape (and hood?).

Furniture is a good start, the tower could use an upgrade :) Piss bags and tubes would also be great, would add to that total enclosure felling.

Hi,

Unless I misunderstood you, this may already be available. Check Gameplayer's Devious Corner of Devious Devices Bodyslide conversions. There are Bodyslide presets for the mxw catsuit. I've tried the conversions with a few UUNP bodies and they all had remarkably little to non-existant clipping. Must have been a hell of a lot of work!

Just curious, has anyone experienced a bug whereby you can't get the door out of basement unlocked even when in a rubber suit?

This is after party and after the first time the Mistress removes your suit.

I placed the black suit in the chest and then reloaded - was the next real day - the suit is not among the choices and no matter what one I am wearing the purple guard says go get a suit on.

I don't want to escape and I CAN console my rubber butt outside of the door, but wanted to report a bug.

Still, great mod, seems very stable so far, even when a character gets jammed up they manage to get free pretty quick.  This mod does make me wish I was an animator or talented bodyslide re-mesher so I could contribute!

One thing to watch out for with the whipcane is that it can do quite a bit of damage, you might need to dial it down in the CK.

I had a latex sex kitten ninja dominatrix character - head to toe in rubber (naturally), stilettos, HDT rubber cape, HDT rubber tail, rubber cat ears and armed solely with a pair of whipcanes.

She whipped a Legendary dragon to death.

Oh and HDT stuff should only be used on the PC, adding it to a bunch of NPCs will either cause your game to crash hard or your CPU to spontaneously explode flinging out white hot shrapnel that scythes your legs off at the knee.

I'm trying to Skyrimise some suits but between doing stuff I can get paid for and the part time job I haven't had much time left for this.

Still managed to create a load of variants of that basic all-in-one suit I pictured a few pages back, there's the basic with built in stilettos, the basic with heelless ballet boots, heelless ballet with bondage mitts (definitely a punishment suit of some sort) and a male version of the basic.

No idea whether I can get any of them to work, but hopefully things will calm down a bit now that Easter is over and I can find out.