What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

52 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Judgmental fucks who think modders appreciating feedback and endorsements is narcissistic.  

how the hell can that be narcissism, in my experience it's rather the opposite

accepting constructive criticism/feedback is a sign of some small amount of humility, showing that you aren't perfect and are willing to learn something. 

(just remember that this is about CONSTRUCTIVE criticism/feedback)

being out of work with the employers screaming for people to hire, only to hear "you are not qualified for the job" (if i hear anything at all)

like i'm not able to learn the skills needed if given half a chance

16 minutes ago, Nightmyste said:

accepting constructive criticism/feedback is a sign of some small amount of humility, showing that you aren't perfect and are willing to learn something. 

being out of work with the employers screaming for people to hire, only to hear "you are not qualified for the job" (if i hear anything at all)

40 years ago my father (who was in middle management) told me, "the ideal job candidate has a bachelor's degree or better, is 25 years old and has 30 years experience doing EXACTLY the job for which you want to hire him." Sounds like nothing's changed. :smiley:

I read back three pages and ("why am I pissed off?") I got hungry reading the well written entries, and the rest.

Except, grr, my freaking meter says I'm too high on sugar to even *think* about eating for days.

OK I can't argue with a machine but since it's high already, since it's ALWAYS high, why not eat anyway?

Or would I be in here ranting six months from now, missing some limb and castigating the "I told you so, you shouldn't have eaten that" lecturing crowd.

Starve, it's high.

Eat, it isn't much higher (but it's still high)

I noticed, God knows why, that people tend to lump other people into groups.

I cheered the ugly-avatar guy for writing exactly what I felt, except I'd never say that,

I've already lumped him (his avatar) into the deviously psychotic.

O well.

I'm less hungry now.

Maybe reading does something to my stomach?

44 minutes ago, Nightmyste said:

Some people think modding is all about getting attention.

45 minutes ago, Nightmyste said:

I've been there, couldn't get any work, so I ended up enlisting to get a job skill. Hope you have better luck.

29 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

Some people think modding is all about getting attention.

I've been there, couldn't get any work, so I ended up enlisting to get a job skill. Hope you have better luck.

Thing is, i have an education that is in high demand, that's the reason it pisses me off

58 minutes ago, Psalam said:

40 years ago my father (who was in middle management) told me, "the ideal job candidate has a bachelor's degree or better, is 25 years old and has 30 years experience doing EXACTLY the job for which you want to hire him." Sounds like nothing's changed. :smiley:

Well one thing has changed, now it's 50 years of experience

Međunarodni dan pasa????!!! KAKAV IDIOTIZAM!!! Psetoljupci slave i ljubakaju svoje đukele, pozivaju druge na kupnju, udomljavanje pasa a što je najgore mediji ih podržavaju pišići hvalospjeve o tome i snimaju reportaže o udomljenim psima. JEBEM VAM MATER BLESAVU!!!! Odite udomiti i zbrinuti ljude koji su ostali na ulici bez ičega. Pobrinite se za njih i nahranite, pizda vam materina usrana psetoljubačka. Skupite novac za izgradnju domova koji su im potrebni stoko neosjećajna i nesusretljiva. Mrzim ovu jebenu državu i gamad koja bi pojela pasje govno bez kruha dok se istovremeno gadi beskučnuika. Crkli dabogda!!!

Sorry for posting in Croatian but I can't express my disappointment and anger in English.

14 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

Međunarodni dan pasa????!!! KAKAV IDIOTIZAM!!! Psetoljupci slave i ljubakaju svoje đukele, pozivaju druge na kupnju, udomljavanje pasa a što je najgore mediji ih podržavaju pišići hvalospjeve o tome i snimaju reportaže o udomljenim psima. JEBEM VAM MATER BLESAVU!!!! Odite udomiti i zbrinuti ljude koji su ostali na ulici bez ičega. Pobrinite se za njih i nahranite, pizda vam materina usrana psetoljubačka. Skupite novac za izgradnju domova koji su im potrebni stoko neosjećajna i nesusretljiva. Mrzim ovu jebenu državu i gamad koja bi pojela pasje govno bez kruha dok se istovremeno gadi beskučnuika. Crkli dabogda!!!

Sorry for posting in Croatian but I can't express my disappointment and anger in English.

Yeah, people everywhere have problems getting their priorities straight. Nice to know it's not just in the good old USA!

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

My croatian isn't too good.

But its related too dogs and the goverment? :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Yeah, people everywhere have problems getting their priorities straight. Nice to know it's not just in the good old USA!

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

That's damned near universal. We have people starving to death on the streets? We can't afford our police officers or fire departments? Yeaaaaa, maybe our governments should stop spending 70% of their GDP on military hardware and start Oh, I don't know, some fucking infrastructure. As a lass from the UK, where football (Soccer for you philistine colonials) is right popular, that used to piss me right off when I was younger too.  How in the fuck can we afford to pay Cantona  £250000  a week when we can't afford to pay our doctors and keep a bloody hospital open. When I got older I learnt most of them are owned by foriegn investors and the paychecks out of local hands. But still, just once it'd be nice to have a government that isn't gutless and actually taxes these motherfuckers instead of crucifying the poor to pay their debts.

46 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

That's damned near universal. We have people starving to death on the streets? We can't afford our police officers or fire departments? Yeaaaaa, maybe our governments should stop spending 70% of their GDP on military hardware and start Oh, I don't know, some fucking infrastructure. As a lass from the UK, where football (Soccer for you philistine colonials) is right popular, that used to piss me right off when I was younger too.  How in the fuck can we afford to pay Cantona  £250000  a week when we can't afford to pay our doctors and keep a bloody hospital open. When I got older I learnt most of them are owned by foriegn investors and the paychecks out of local hands. But still, just once it'd be nice to have a government that isn't gutless and actually taxes these motherfuckers instead of crucifying the poor to pay their debts.

EXACTLY! Thanks for the help in English. Fucking morons. The (government) banks chased on the streets people for not being able to pay the bills because they lost their jobs or because their employers doesn't pay the wages while i the same time they building soccer stadiums and other meaningless and useless objects and putting the dogs into their homes appealing on people to have compassion on dogs in shelters. When I saw "The international dog day" on the news and praises about dogs I almost destroyed my TV. Damn fucking idiotic morons. I wrote very sharp letter to the major who gives a shit about the city who criminal and vandalism rate increased 15% in past year.  Instead of solving social problems fucking morons cares about fucking dogs. I better stop now because I'm so pissed off that I could destroy my computer.

1 hour ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

LOL fuck google translate, it gave me something about dogs xDDD.

2 minutes ago, Resdayn said:

LOL fuck google translate, it gave me something about dogs xDDD.

I believe the dog thing to be correct. From what I can make out he is being subjected to "the International Day of the Dog." This has meant propaganda (in the general sense) about being compassionate to dogs and specifically to adopting them. However, while this may (or may not) be a legitimate function of government, Elf Prince feels that the same social system that throws people on the street when they can't afford housing to be stressing the needs of dogs is hypocritical (at best). 

While I am definitely a dog person, I certainly agree with him. First, take care of your people and then THEY will take care of the dogs.

2 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

Unbelievable, isn't it? 

Down the street, they took a perfectly nice children's park and picnic grounds and turned it into a damned dog park. There's a lot of kids around here and no where for them to go.

28 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

This is very true. I've had this happen when they didn't want to hire a woman.

The thing is that employer's have basically made up their minds about you the minute they see you. I've been able to get some jobs just because the employer was attracted to me (mostly women) and I just bullshitted about my qualifications!:classic_tongue:

I got so sick of politics in work places that I just said "fuck it" and decided to go back to college and try to start my own shitty business. That hasn't quite gone as well as I had hoped, but, I'd rather die a pauper than to ever work for someone else again and deal with their slave hours, low pay, and internal bullshit. The stupid thing in this country is that the government will pay you more to sit on your ass sometimes than if you are going back to college or looking for employment! WTF?

11 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

The thing is that employer's have basically made up their minds about you the minute they see you. I've been able to get some jobs just because the employer was attracted to me (mostly women) and I just bullshitted about my qualifications!:classic_tongue:

For good or bad, that's how the world fundamentally works. I don't know if we will ever really change that. Sometimes you have to play the game and use it to your advantage. There's been times, I'm sure, I've been hired because of AA which isn't always good because you could get stuck in a position where you aren't truly qualify. But the jobs that have worked out for me have been those where they hire a bunch of people to fill immediate job positions and they look only at the qualifications.

9 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

That is a lie that some employers hide behind in order to be discriminate. Can't count how many times I got beat out of a job by some worthless, back-stabbing kiss-ass.:neutral:

That's why i put it in quotation marks, the least the employers can do for someone seeking into their company, is tell the truth on why you don't get the job 

On 4.5.2018 at 7:45 PM, Psalam said:
On 4.5.2018 at 7:35 PM, worik said:

Having the opportunity to upgrade my internet connection speed for the same price ... just being two years (!) too lazy to write an email "yes, please. do it. thank you" and now I'm sitting here, can't watch a youtube video properly while my notebook is updating and a few bigger mods are downloading at the same time. *sigh*

Stupid me!

Don't fret it. I just upgraded mine for a higher price and only got half the speed promised (because I live in a rural area). Internet providers will get you one way or another. :smile:

.. and it gets worse at the weekends, when my beloved other half is adding a few other bandwith thirsty devious devices contraptions to our cozy Breezehome

*sigh*

I'm better off for some RL quests now :classic_angel::classic_wub:

18 hours ago, Psalam said:

I believe the dog thing to be correct. From what I can make out he is being subjected to "the International Day of the Dog." This has meant propaganda (in the general sense) about being compassionate to dogs and specifically to adopting them. However, while this may (or may not) be a legitimate function of government, Elf Prince feels that the same social system that throws people on the street when they can't afford housing to be stressing the needs of dogs is hypocritical (at best). 

While I am definitely a dog person, I certainly agree with him. First, take care of your people and then THEY will take care of the dogs.

You are my mind reader. Thank you. :smile: