What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Lancaster, Lancashire and things from said county.

See I moved from the merry green fields of Yorkshire as far north as north goes. And every few weeks I like to hold a "Educate the Norwegian savages" day. I make 'em watch great British things like Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf an' Black Adder. And I cook them proper food like Fish 'n Chips and Toad in't Hole. Now imagine my horror when the vikings I invite around have  not only never heard of the glorious Yorkshire Puddin', but ask me if I can cook a Lancashire Hotpot.

Lancashire Hotpot...It's not even food! it's..it's..it's just...Just STUFF wi' potatoes on top!!

Bloody norsemen and bloody lancastrians, they can't even paint their roses the right colour.

3 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Lancaster, Lancashire and things from said county.

See I moved from the merry green fields of Yorkshire as far north as north goes. And every few weeks I like to hold a "Educate the Norwegian savages" day. I make 'em watch great British things like Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf an' Black Adder. And I cook them proper food like Fish 'n Chips and Toad in't Hole. Now imagine my horror when the vikings I invite around have  not only never heard of the glorious Yorkshire Puddin', but ask me if I can cook a Lancashire Hotpot.

Lancashire Hotpot...It's not even food! it's..it's..it's just...Just STUFF wi' potatoes on top!!

Bloody norsemen and bloody lancastrians, they can't even paint their roses the right colour.

Good Lord, it must really get under your skin! You've bloody misspelled Fawlty Towers! :smiley:

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Good Lord, it must really get under your skin! You've bloody misspelled Fawlty Towers! :smiley:

Neh, that's just the excess rum :]

Amusingly enough, I don't particularly hate 'em, despite the blood of my ancestor's telling me I should. Hell, I used to live there once upon a time, I just don't tell that to other Yorkshire folk xD.

1 hour ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

I make 'em watch great British things like Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf an' Black Adder.

Fawlty Towers with John Cleese? I love that show! And Red Dwarf; Britcom at its finest. Never did care for Blackadder, though.

The special snowflakes in charge of BGS games. Namely "God" Howard et al who glossed over going into any real detail about the enslavement of argonians and khajiit or the legal status of skooma and moon sugar in Morrowind and completely ignored it in Oblivion and Skyrim. Got to maintain that T for Teen rating at any cost! Even if it means sacrificing great plot and story potential! :classic_angry:

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Fawlty Towers with John Cleese? I love that show! And Red Dwarf; Britcom at its finest. Never did care for Blackadder, though.

The special snowflakes in charge of BGS games. Namely "God" Howard et al who glossed over going into any real detail about the enslavement of argonians and khajiit or the legal status of skooma and moon sugar in Morrowind and completely ignored it in Oblivion and Skyrim. Got to maintain that T for Teen rating at any cost! Even if it means sacrificing great plot and story potential! :classic_angry:

T rating? :smiley: 

Joke was Morrowind was infact T rating and suprisingly Skyrim and Oblivion got M.

We had a dremora who wanted bang the players corpse XD and straight up told in T-rated Morrowind.

Just look up Fallout 4 :smiley:  Todd did it XD

4 hours ago, Resdayn said:

T rating? :smiley: 

Joke was Morrowind was infact T rating and suprisingly Skyrim and Oblivion got M.

We had a dremora who wanted bang the players corpse XD and straight up told in T-rated Morrowind.

Just look up Fallout 4 :smiley:  Todd did it XD

Which is why I deliberately referred to Morrowind, the one TES game that does have a T-rating, when I made that gripe. Especially when you consider how the ESRB doesn't actually play the games they rate; they just go on whatever the producer tells them. It's not hard to understand why "infernal beings invading the mortal realm!" and "a civil war based on religious conflict and racism!" would garner a Mature rating, where "a prophesied savior returns to defeat an ancient evil!" would only get rated Teen among a group that would fit right in with folks like Jerry Falwell.

So I guess I should expand my gripe to the butthurt moralists that run the ESRB as well. They arbitrarily determine something without even getting the specifics even as Bugthesda tries (and fails disastrously) to get Teen ratings for their games by excluding anything that would set off the moralists but then fail to adequately explain things to them.

Lately social media and the 'news' spilling over from there to some second rate news outlets are pissing me off at a constantly increasing level.

Every moron has a voice and nowadays every asshole is constantly offended by something.

Latest example: Some girl in the US wore a traditional Chinese dress to prom night. After putting some photos on social media some random Twitter douche that's in the business of being professionally offended at all times felt the need to chime in and scold her for her 'colonialist' attitude and 'cultural appropriation'.

Now even people in China heard of that bs and are probably thinking Americans are fucking nuts. Well, I guess they are.

Twitter, Facebook and all stuff that's social media except maybe for group chat apps have to die imo. That stuff is messing with people's brains. Or maybe it isn't and people were always this obnoxious. But then I don't wanna hear or see it, keep your stupidity for yourselves please. :classic_angry:

3 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Lately social media and the 'news' spilling over from there to some second rate news outlets are pissing me off at an increasing level.

Every moron has a voice and nowadays every asshole is constantly offended by something.

Latest example: Some girl in the US wore a traditional Chinese dress to prom night. After putting some photos on social media some random Twitter douche that's in the business of being professionally offended at all times felt the need to chime in and scold her for her 'colonialist' attitude and 'cultural appropriation'.

Now even people in China heard of that bs and are probably thinking Americans are fucking nuts. Well, I guess they are.

Twitter, facebook and all stuff that's social media except maybe for group chat apps have to die imo.

that is just sad that happened and on that girl's prom a special moment but some idiot started a controversy and a bunch of people are following with it, causing a problem that shouldn't even be a problem at all. If she wants to wear the dress let her, some people will find an excuse to be offended no matter what it is

On 5/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, Hiderius said:

what pisses me of is EA - claiming in their own words "No one wants or enjoys single player games with a story" and yet we get some really great single player games with good stories that just proves EA Wrong and that they are out of touch

Game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You clearly meant (Jim Sterlings voice) "Live services" right?

28 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Lately social media and the 'news' spilling over from there to some second rate news outlets are pissing me off at a constantly increasing level.

Twitter, Facebook and all stuff that's social media except maybe for group chat apps have to die imo. That stuff is messing with people's brains. Or maybe it isn't and people were always this obnoxious. But then I don't wanna hear or see it, keep your stupidity for yourselves please. :classic_angry:

People in China liked her wearing the dress. There was another incident where a mom posted pictures of her little girl dressed like a geisha and having a tea party. The stupid SJWs went batshit over that, until a Japanese person posted that they like seeing others appreciating their culture, and that they were slamming the girl and her mom only because they were racist against whites.

Everyone who runs around and screams "racist, fascist, nazi, sexist, cultural appropriation, privileged, bla bla bla bla" is the biggest fucking hypocrites with their fascist ideology.

It's no wonder Nationalism and Patriotism is on the rise. Because you made it happen you fucking cancerous moron.

And this really pisses me off. We should be out and explore the cosmos and find cures for the most deadliest diseases but here we are, bitching about a fucking piece of clothing.   

Another pattern I see there is people that are part of some minority group feeling qualified to be experts in all things related to that minority's culture. And then going out of their way to lecture everybody about what they can and can't do/say if they don't want to be called a Nazi.

Nobody asked you for your opinion or anecdotal evidence. So either don't be so full of yourself or shut up.

But I see that pattern not just there, many people fall for that fallacy. Especially old people can become increasingly ignorant because of it. Yeah, I get it, you made your experiences and you think they mean something. But you also rarely left your little part of the world so what the fuck do you really know? Also everybody is biased so while your experiences might be of more value if you traveled a lot it might still mean nothing if you always just saw what you wanted to see. Give me statistics and proper science, then I might believe you. Or simply don't make such bold claims about the world in general.

And give me anecdotes if you want to entertain me. But they better be good.

34 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Another pattern I see there is people that are part of some minority group feeling qualified to be experts in all things related to that minority's culture. And then going out of their way to lecture everybody about what they can and can't do/say if they don't want to be called a Nazi.

Nobody asked you for your opinion or anecdotal evidence. So either don't be so full of yourself or shut up.

But I see that pattern not just there, many people fall for that fallacy. Especially old people can become increasingly ignorant because of it. Yeah, I get it, you made your experiences and you think they mean something. But you also rarely left your little part of the world so what the fuck do you really know? Also everybody is biased so while your experiences might be of more value if you traveled a lot it might still mean nothing if you always just saw what you wanted to see. Give me statistics and proper science, then I might believe you. Or simply don't make such bold claims about the world in general.

And give me anecdotes if you want to entertain me. But they better be good.

America is just full of ignorant cry babies, diaper changes all around. "I must be heard, only I have the knowledge of what is right!", that's the attitude of some of my generation. Got into an argument with a coworker about the asian prom dress. He stated asians were offended and I asked him "how do you know?", he stated "because I have been around asians, I know what they think". "Oh so you speak for 3 billion asians?", he told me to fuck off and have not spoken in 3 days. People do not think, they just react, no matter what age, that is what pisses me off.

Having the opportunity to upgrade my internet connection speed for the same price ... just being two years (!) too lazy to write an email "yes, please. do it. thank you" and now I'm sitting here, can't watch a youtube video properly while my notebook is updating and a few bigger mods are downloading at the same time. *sigh*

Stupid me!

8 minutes ago, worik said:

Having the opportunity to upgrade my internet connection speed for the same price ... just being two years (!) too lazy to write an email "yes, please. do it. thank you" and now I'm sitting here, can't watch a youtube video properly while my notebook is updating and a few bigger mods are downloading at the same time. *sigh*

Stupid me!

Don't fret it. I just upgraded mine for a higher price and only got half the speed promised (because I live in a rural area). Internet providers will get you one way or another. :smile:

WRITER'S BLOCK! :classic_angry:

My real life friends trying to get me to tell them about the "low-cal wedding cake" incident in Westminster in '09. How many times do I have to tell people that I literally can't talk about it due to legal reasons? Can't they just wait another year when I can talk about it? I'm sorry I ever brought it up. It also reminds me of why I don't talk much IRL. Either I've literally got nothing to say, it's something not fit for mixed company, or it could get me into serious legal trouble.

1 hour ago, Daedric_Cat said:

I really feel for younger people today, having to deal with this kind of censorship, and the kind of bullying and doxxing that goes on. My Dungeons and Dragons days was before the internet and all the good and bad that came with it. So it was just fun with no politics at all.

They will learn to keep their opinions to themselves when it comes back to bite them in the ass one day. Especially where and when it is not needed, asked for or wanted. But, I think we all go through that arrogant stage in our lives of thinking we know what's best for everyone else. With age and wisdom comes a certain humility I find.

Asians or majority of Asians are not offended by that high school girl wearing that dress to her prom, from what I've seen on the internet majority of Asians are not offended at all, and like what they seen and think the dress looked good

Edit: I just heard and found something today apparently some company that I have never heard of called gamevice is trying to get Nintendo banned from the united states more specifically the switch banned from the united states. I can tell this there will be millions of fans who like and use the switch who will be pissed and probably riot, gamevice is claiming patent infringment and I call bull on that. I just see it as a money grab and attention seeking 

Plus the united states is one of nintendo's biggest markets and especially for the switch as well now, and for me I'd be pissed because I have a switch and I'm a huge fan of it with my game of mario odysessy and breath of the wild and the other games coming for it

12 hours ago, worik said:

Stupid me!

Ahh fuck how i know this feel.. 

I lugged around broken Ps2 for THREE YEARS, only to finally force myself to get it fixed and it took fucking 3$ and 10 minutes for a repair guy to fix it..

Weird thing is that if someone asks me to do something for them i trip over my dick and i will do it at once, no question asked, nothing.

But when i have to do something for myself i procrastinate as a motherfucker. 

14 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

They will learn to keep their opinions to themselves when it comes back to bite them in the ass one day. Especially where and when it is not needed, asked for or wanted. But, I think we all go through that arrogant stage in our lives of thinking we know what's best for everyone else. With age and wisdom comes a certain humility I find.

If only. Not in my experience though, at least some of the most annoying mofos I know are older than me (I'm 38 now). You at least have a small chance to unsettle the younglings if you prove them wrong (if they aren't stupid and most people are so ymmv). The old farts will just dismiss it all and keep on lecturing you because the last time they changed their mind on something that really mattered was probably BC.

Doesn't help that I often tend to encourage smartasses by telling them when I agree with them and keep my opinion for myself if I can't prove them wrong and if they don't upset me too much.

Example:

People ranting about fake media and casually helping to destroy the free press because they are seeing enemies everywhere. First of all a good journalist (you have to trust that people are trying to do their best in their respective professions to believe that good journos exist - meaning you have to not be an asshole) tries to keep his political affiliations out of his work as much as possible outside of opinion pieces so his work is always worth something for you unless you subscribe to the lunatic idea that there is not one shared reality and therefore one truth about the things that actually happened. And secondly they aren't all leftists, the better news outlets cover a broad spectrum of views and if they are all too far left for you then you might want to check if it isn't you who's the real problem here.

So to all who are supporting Trump, Erdogan, PiS in Poland etc on this front: Fuck you so very much, without checks and balances (that don't fucking work if there's noone independent to report if there's collusion) democracy dies. And fuck you twice if you think that democracy is bad.

A scattered bunch of bloggers (of which you then of course only read the ones that confirm your world view) won't ever replace professional journalism.

The thing that maddens me is that there is an increasing number of people who disagree with that notion (Mark Suckerberg among them btw). We are truly doomed if that doesn't change.