58 minutes ago, Tenri said:

I can say that it most likely does not.

It is however not hard to add the keyword to the armours yourself, there is a guide for how to do so in survival's thread, and if you have Lupine00's SLAX, there is a function to add the keyword to the armours in the MCM for SLAX.

aww thats to bad, i did read the guide and i did try to find the armour itself but i was unsuccessfull so i ended up uninstalling it, dont get me wrong the mod seems amazing some of the stuff in survival is cool as hell and would make for a really hardcore "play as a woman in the middle ages" run(especially the "scream for help" and the gender female combat, strenght and stamina debuffs but there are just to many stuff in it that i dont need or want currently

EDIT: Sexlab disparity seems to be better suited for how i want to play, Sexlab survival seems more of a survival hardcore experience

On 10/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, Roggvir said:

No, it will not reset. You are not "defining it again and again". The variable gets declared once, and then it exists within the scope of the loop as long as the loop keeps looping :)

To re-state what Roggvir is explaining with examples...

If you write this:

int x = 10

While x

x -= 1

int y

y += x

doSomething(y)

EndWhile

You will see calls to doSomething() with increasing values of y, starting from 9, then 17, and so on.

But if you write this:

int x = 10

While x

x -= 1

int y = 0

y += x

doSomething(y)

EndWhile

You will see calls to doSomething with decreasing values of y, starting from 9, then 8, then 7, and so on.

Declaration is not initialisation, even though a freshly declared variable does have a default value.

However, if you explicitly initialise, that will occur every time the declaration is seen.

59 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:
Spoiler

If you write this:

int x = 10

While x

x -= 1

int y

y += x

doSomething(y)

EndWhile

You will see calls to doSomething() with increasing values of y, starting from 9, then 17, and so on.

But if you write this:

int x = 10

While x

x -= 1

int y = 0

y += x

doSomething(y)

EndWhile

You will see calls to doSomething with decreasing values of y, starting from 9, then 8, then 7, and so on.

Declaration is not initialisation, even though a freshly declared variable does have a default value.

However, if you explicitly initialise, that will occur every time the declaration is seen.

Of course declaration and initialization are two different things, except in Papyrus when you declare a variable without assigning a value, it will get "initialized" to a default value.

Of course your second example will do what you wrote it will do, because that is how it works, you are assigning ZERO to Y everytime the loop runs.
What is your point?

59 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Incorrect, you are mixing things up.
The variable is declared only ONCE, the variable does not get "re-declared" everytime the loop runs. I already wrote this in my previous post from which you quoted.
When the scope of the loop is first entered, ALL VARIABLES IN THAT SCOPE get declared - even if you place that declaration at the end of the loop - what you see as the Papyrus source code, is NOT what the actual bytecode or machine code looks.

If i oversimplify a bit - if you do  int _i = 1 , it results in at least two SEPARATE actions - declaring the variable (which happens when the scope is entered), AND assigning a value (which happens at the point where you wrote that assignment).
The declaration happens only ONCE within the scope where the variable exists, no matter whether it was declared inside a loop or not, but the assignment will of course repeat everytime the loop runs.

EDIT: maybe an example will clear it up a bit - the two following snipets are equivalent (when you write the first one, you are effectively writing the same thing as in the second one).

Spoiler

int x = 10

while x

x -= 1

int y = 0

y += x

doSomething(y)

endWhile

Spoiler

int x = 10

while x

int y

x -= 1

y = 0

y += x

doSomething(y)

endWhile

Spoiler

int x = 10

while x

x -= 1

y = 0

y += x

doSomething(y)

int y

endWhile

EDIT 2: added a third snippet, hoping to make it clear - all three snippets are 100% equivalent.

I'm having some trouble, and my apologies if you've already answered this question. I'm having trouble with the mod because every time the game tries to load the Dagonar's prison, it briefly appears, then crashes. I don't have any other prison overhaul mods, and the rest of the mod works perfectly fine. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

21 minutes ago, praxten said:

I'm having some trouble, and my apologies if you've already answered this question. I'm having trouble with the mod because every time the game tries to load the Dagonar's prison, it briefly appears, then crashes. I don't have any other prison overhaul mods, and the rest of the mod works perfectly fine. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Not sure about Oldrim, but in Skyrim SE this is usually caused by absence of HDT or broken HDT meshes or XML files.
I suspect it is the same in Oldrim - you either need to be using HDT, or you need to be using a non-HDT fix (i dont know where to find it though, i only use SSE).
I am sure somebody else will have a better answer.

49 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Incorrect, you are mixing things up.

Really? Read what I said again.

You see, what you are saying, 100% agrees with that I said.

I simply clarified a point that you skimmed over in your original post, as some people would not be aware that Papyrus has old-javascript-like semantics.

When you argue with people who agree with you, it looks a bit odd.

21 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Not sure about Oldrim, but in Skyrim SE this is usually caused by absence of HDT or broken HDT meshes or XML files.
I suspect it is the same in Oldrim - you either need to be using HDT, or you need to be using a non-HDT fix (i dont know where to find it though, i only use SSE).

Thanks for the reply! I'll check it out and see how it goes.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, Roggvir said:

No, it will not reset. You are not "defining it again and again". The variable gets declared once, and then it exists within the scope of the loop as long as the loop keeps looping :)
Most people often put the declaration outside of a loop, maybe because they mistakenly think it would get "reset" if inside, or maybe they think it helps with performance (which is also false).

I would guess it's mainly people that come from different programming languages where anything declared inside a loop is only scoped for that one run through the loop, not for the entire lifetime of the loop.

17 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Really? Read what I said again.

You wrote "if you explicitly initialise, that will occur every time the declaration is seen", which is wrong - the declaration is "seen" only once.
If that was just a wrong choice of words on your side, it makes no difference to anybody else who may read it and take it how you wrote it instead of how you meant it :)

34 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

the declaration is "seen" only once.

That's your personal definition of the word "seen".

Clearly, in my personal definition, the word "seen", means, "seen in the sequence of source code".

I think rather than "seen" what you're describing is instantiation, or processing, because those are things that we associate with compiled code, while "seeing" is something we associate with a person perceiving the code.

As "seen" has no formal meaning, you're quibbling over a snap interpretation you made of a word I used, that is only incorrect when you impose your own made-up definition on it.

A definition, you created, that has no special privilege or basis in common usage.

Feel free to have the last word...

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Hey, it looks like reinstalling HDT physics solved the issue. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Feel free to have the last word...

I dont want to have a last word. Not yet. I mean... i hope i can squeeze out few more days, and words - so, here we go - few more words: :)

26 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

That's your personal definition of the word "seen".

I have no personal definition of that word, and if you'd ask me what the definition is, i wouldn't be able to give a satisfactory answer without looking it up in some dictionary, so it isn't about definitions.

29 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Clearly, in my personal definition, the word "seen", means, "seen in the sequence of source code".

Clearly, it is not so clear if i didn't "see" it clearly. And now you confuse me even more by "sequence of source code", maybe you mean sequence of Papyrus commands and expressions? (jk, no need to reply, of course you mean that - BUT let's be honest, you could do better, it was not a very good way to put it).

42 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I think rather than "seen" what you're describing is instantiation, or processing, because those are things that we associate with compiled code, while "seeing" is something we associate with a person perceiving the code.

What i was describing there was an incorrect way of understanding the flow and structure of resulting compiled code (which may or may not apply to you, that is beside the point), not instantiation nor processing. And compiled code can be "seen" and perceived as well, so that argument doesn't exactly work.

53 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

As "seen" has no formal meaning, you're quibbling over a snap interpretation you made of a word I used, that is only incorrect when you impose your own made-up definition on it.

A definition, you created, that has no special privilege or basis in common usage.

No, not definition, but understanding in given context. You didn't choose your words carefully enough, that is all. But that's fine, it happens. It happens to everybody, me included of course.
"Quibbling"! nice word, but wrong usage, because i was not quibbling - i may be quibbling now a bit, but i wasn't quibbling before. I think you were (and are) quibbling, but it maters not.
What maters is that we can clarify things, and we did.
So, all is good (but i won! because i had the last word! ..unless of course now you will write something, in which case i will lose, because i think it got to that point - where we should really stop this sillyness - few posts ago :-)).

On 10/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Kimy said:

Yikes! Good find!

I knew something related to followers happened if using the portal. I was sure it is because the teleport didn't manage to place them in the inn properly. This is why I didn't get any follower in my new games since 8.3 XD

Glad the problem was found. After the patch I will be able to enjoy Sasha and Chloe again :)

I found this in another thread and thought it was worth sharing here since i had trouble wih this alot.

it seems that if you go into helgen fort and activate the chloe quest you have to free her and read the note because if you dont you wont be able to fast travel ever.

cursed loot has a setting that deactivates fast travel when youre on a  DCL quest and it cant be turned off

24 minutes ago, pappana said:

I found this in another thread and thought it was worth sharing here since i had trouble wih this alot.

it seems that if you go into helgen fort and activate the chloe quest you have to free her and read the note because if you dont you wont be able to fast travel ever.

cursed loot has a setting that deactivates fast travel when youre on a  DCL quest and it cant be turned off

I noticed this too. I'll have to complete it or stop it with the console if I want to use fast travel again.

I'd prefered it if her quest didn't disable fast travel or if there was an MCM option to never let it DCL disable fast travel.

Just need a bit of help. The public indecency/ Public nudity functions aren't working. No one is making reports and guards ignoring the deed. 

All the relevant boxes checked on the MCM, Misogyny active. 
I went through my list of mods to see if anything could be conflicting with the guard and citizen behavior. I thought Slaverun Reloaded might be, but it's not working even when I turn it off. Turned off naked dungeon's nudity feature as well - still no dice. 

Anything else I could try?

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I noticed this too. I'll have to complete it or stop it with the console if I want to use fast travel again.

I'd prefered it if her quest didn't disable fast travel or if there was an MCM option to never let it DCL disable fast travel.

Even a more subtle change will do the trick: I think since 8.3, Chloe's quest does not count as an active DCL quest until you have been bound, which means DD events can still happen until that stage. Just make the change to make the fast-travel disabling depend on the same flag and not on the quests themselves, and just meeting Chloe will no longer be a problem (and after all, I think we want fast travel disabled by the time we are bound in that quest. fast traveling could be very confusing at some points...

1 hour ago, thehotness said:

Just need a bit of help. The public indecency/ Public nudity functions aren't working. No one is making reports and guards ignoring the deed. 

Would you screenshot the MCM settings? You mentioned misogyny setting but if you read its tooltip you'll know it's not related to public nudity. So there might be something you have missed? At least the "rape enabled" has to be checked, it's a global setting for almost all that kind of features. And you didn't mention what chance you set for citizens to report you. It also requires another npc actually as witness.

About Chloe topic, i don't personally mind quests that disable fast travel, they generally make game more interesting. If you have Alternate Life mod, you can start the dragon quests without ever entering the Helgen keep or going past Chloe's cell. Read note outside, enter the cave from outside, give potion to either of 2 persons and off to Riverwood with you. It gives faster and more appropriate start anyway without all the expensive loot you can find inside the keep. And... i don't start dragon quest at all in about 90% of my games. The whole questline is boring and done enough times. And not all the steps are very DD compatible.

5 hours ago, thehotness said:

I went through my list of mods to see if anything could be conflicting with the guard and citizen behavior. I thought Slaverun Reloaded might be, but it's not working even when I turn it off. Turned off naked dungeon's nudity feature as well - still no dice. 

Anything else I could try?

Have me a Papyrus log?

8 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Disabling fast travel is not intended, unless you free Chloe. I will fix this.

I've been playing a thief for the first time in a very long time now so I've had a few run ins with the new crime system over the last few days and there have been some hiccups.

I don't know entirely if these hiccups are caused directly by this mod or by some combination of other mods interfering, and I'm not entirely sure how to check.

So I decided I might as well post some of the issues I've encountered so far partly as feedback I suppose and partly as a "have I borked this somehow?" question.

So first, normally when you have a bit of a bounty, but not enough for the guards to attack you on sight, they just say "Hey, I know you" and occasionally forcegreet you, this forcegreet never happens and I cannot even interact with them to turn myself in and get rid of my bounty.

This ment that the only way for me to ever get arrested was if I commited a crime in plain sight, or if the guards became hostile to me somehow, most likely if I innitiated combat with them.

Then comes the second issue, did this mod remove the option to pay a fine? as that never seems to appear for me regardless of how much gold I'm carrying in relation to my bounty.

Regardless, I offer to come along and go through the dialogue tree and get arrested, except the moment the conversation ends all the guards become hostile again and begin attacking me and my companion, I eventually get teleported to Dagonar, except sometimes somehow the combat state is still active, I can see red dots on my compass and everyone in the entrance draws weapons and facehugs the wall, breaking the scene.

Thank you for your time and any aid, have a great day!

In the case of combat defeat, it is also using jail if it's happening in holds. If bandit attacks you and guard spots you, you're sent to prison. This was the case with SL Kidnapped when i went to companions hall to make them deliver the kidnapper back. As he was teleported in, he started attacking straight and i got this:

defeat.jpg.acfd1877f49ec1329539d48fed1a343c.jpg

Aside from that, i was having much difficulties with "combat surrender" enabled in general when travelling in the wilds. Wolves who defeat (when in yoke or armbinder) no event triggers. You are always sent off running but the attacker comes right back and defeats you again, and again, and again... It started to annoy me so much i used console "kill" command on animals.

I had also bumped up the chance to get Damsel in Distress.

Spoiler

So i struggled up, opened cage lock and.. then how should it proceed? I had hood still on and i used regular DD struggle to get armbinder off. I couldn't get the hood off because it complained about gloves i wasn't wearing any.

I seem to have another issue, whenever im arrested and the guard has punished me, be it put me in a timed, belt, yolk or doing the walk of shame, as soona s he is done talking to me he attacks me and i die, if i run away and then comes back and he tells me he knows me and i talk to him again i get the vanilla arrets "pay off bounty, put me in jail etc,

the only time i dont die is when i get sent to the dragonair prison since the screen fades to black before they kill me. anyone know why this is happening?

1 hour ago, pappana said:

I seem to have another issue, whenever im arrested and the guard has punished me, be it put me in a timed, belt, yolk or doing the walk of shame, as soona s he is done talking to me he attacks me and i die, if i run away and then comes back and he tells me he knows me and i talk to him again i get the vanilla arrets "pay off bounty, put me in jail etc,

the only time i dont die is when i get sent to the dragonair prison since the screen fades to black before they kill me. anyone know why this is happening?

Do not speed up the guards dialogue, for whatever reason if you close it too quickly it doesn't properly pacify the guards.