2 hours ago, DeWired said:

@Kimy I researched this in TES5Edit and sources, and found this:

1. Maiden's Shield uses the same mechanic, as Belt of Shame (and same script). Belt removal is done by DDi RemoveDevice function.

2. Belt of Shame works

3. Maiden's Shield renderedItem, as opposed to Belt of Shame, is marked as Quest Item.

4. As Maiden's Shield is quest item, it requires not RemoveDevice, but RemoveQuestDevice, and RemovalToken on device. So, either script change is needed for Maiden's Shield, or QuestItem tag must be stripped from it.

Proposed change for dcur_beltShame.psc (not tested, also, I'm total newb in modding):

Reveal hidden contents

function DeviceMenuExt(Int msgChoice)

if msgChoice == 3
		self.BeltMenuMasturbate()
	endIf
	if msgChoice == 4
		libs.Notify("With the timer released, you can freely access the chasity belt's locking mechanism and open it. You finally remove the tight metal straps from your waist and groin.", true)
		armor device = libs.GetWornDevice(libs.playerref, libs.zad_DeviousBelt)
		armor deviceRendered = libs.GetRenderedDevice(device)
		if !deviceRendered.HasKeyword(zad_QuestItem) && !device.HasKeyword(zad_QuestItem)
			libs.removeDevice(libs.playerref, device, deviceRendered, libs.zad_DeviousBelt, false, false, true)
		else
			libs.RemoveQuestDevice(libs.playerref, device, deviceRendered, libs.zad_DeviousBelt, dclibs.dcur_kw_QuestItem, false, true)
		endIf
	endIf
endFunction

I wrote about this in DDI thread as i did more research on timed devices in general. The "proper" solution would be to remake both belt of shame, maiden shield and yoke of shame. Remove all timed behavior scripts from DCL and depend only on DDI scripts. That way you'll be sure that if other mods make timed restraints, the core functionality works. Make them not quest items, and can only be unlocked with a special key you can get with console command.

But as it is, i don't have reason to believe that the DDI scripts for that work. I don't know why, but i would start by checking if the time multiplier function is counting right. The timed duration was dependant on DDI difficulty settings. I just hope it's not meant to be linear from 0.0 to 1.0. Ideally if normal timed duration is 1 hour, with easiest difficulty it might be right at 30 minutes, and at hardest 2 hours. Or some balance like that. 0.5x to 2x. Normally you'll want to set times like 10h to 48h, so if you 2x that it's almost a week with that on hardest. Don't go too high with multiplier.

I posted this in the Devious Device forums, and got no replies.  I am hoping someone here can help,

Not sure if this is a Devious Device problem or a Cursed Loot problem.

There is an old blind fold I can't remove.

Whenever a mod tries to equip a blind fold on me, i receive an error message unable to wear multiple blindfolds.  It will not equip the new blind fold, but rather equip the old one.

When I use the remove DD equipment feature in the MCM menu all the devices get unequipped, but the blind fold stays on.  It does not show up in my inventory, but is on my character.

I can remove the blindfold by equipping a head slot armor piece.

If at a later time another blindfold tries to get equipped, I get the same error message.

I have tried the debug option from the Cursed Loot MCM, but that did not work.

I don't want to try from the Devious Device debug as I am in a quest right now.

Is there a fix, or will the Devious Device debug remove quest items work?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Xuvish said:

I posted this in the Devious Device forums, and got no replies.  I am hoping someone here can help,

Not sure if this is a Devious Device problem or a Cursed Loot problem.

There is an old blind fold I can't remove.

Whenever a mod tries to equip a blind fold on me, i receive an error message unable to wear multiple blindfolds.  It will not equip the new blind fold, but rather equip the old one.

When I use the remove DD equipment feature in the MCM menu all the devices get unequipped, but the blind fold stays on.  It does not show up in my inventory, but is on my character.

I can remove the blindfold by equipping a head slot armor piece.

If at a later time another blindfold tries to get equipped, I get the same error message.

I have tried the debug option from the Cursed Loot MCM, but that did not work.

I don't want to try from the Devious Device debug as I am in a quest right now.

Is there a fix, or will the Devious Device debug remove quest items work?

Thanks

unequip everything your character is wearing. then in console use

player.showinventory

look into it if something is worn.

you'll probably find one. then

player.removeitem XXXXXXXX 1

replace the XXXXXXXX by the ID of what it worn.

once removed it should work once again

1 hour ago, barak43 said:

unequip everything your character is wearing. then in console use

player.showinventory

look into it if something is worn.

you'll probably find one. then

player.removeitem XXXXXXXX 1

replace the XXXXXXXX by the ID of what it worn.

once removed it should work once again

That did not work.  I typed the player.showinventory and got a message that item was removed.

I removed the item, then saved, then reloaded the game.

The item showed up again after reloading the game.

I took pictures of before I removed the item and after.

Is there a way to record the console commands and send to you?

What do the bad editor messages mean?

Thanks

Before.jpg

After.jpg

22 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

That did not work.  I typed the player.showinventory and got a message that item was removed.

Thanks

did you type this ?

player.removeitem 10040f0c 1

33 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

You don't have to do the save and reload step, you should see it removed immediately. But i can see you are still wearing "Armor of the old gods" too, so you didn't follow his instructions exactly.

Go to player home and choose some empty container for this. Put everything you have in there, keys, books, gold.. everything, even try putting the blindfold itself.

Then use the console and remove every item ID that still remain, especially the ones with "bad editor ID". One of them might be hiddenly the DD's "item hider" that you can't remove, but remove everything else. You can disable the item hider in the DD's MCM menus if you want, it's only optional feature, but then its ID shouldn't show.

Don't save game until all works.

(You can also put images in spoilers so they don't take so much page space).

There's no chance this mod is related to a problem I'm having, is there? When creatures assault me I get this message: "your attackers seemed to have lost interest in you. Maybe run as long as you still can!" every time? How can I stop this? When a wolf knocks any1 down I don't want there to even be a question to what that wolf does next... and it was fine until something i installed recently.

8 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I wrote about this in DDI thread as i did more research on timed devices in general. The "proper" solution would be to remake both belt of shame, maiden shield and yoke of shame. Remove all timed behavior scripts from DCL and depend only on DDI scripts. That way you'll be sure that if other mods make timed restraints, the core functionality works. Make them not quest items, and can only be unlocked with a special key you can get with console command.

But as it is, i don't have reason to believe that the DDI scripts for that work. I don't know why, but i would start by checking if the time multiplier function is counting right. The timed duration was dependant on DDI difficulty settings. I just hope it's not meant to be linear from 0.0 to 1.0. Ideally if normal timed duration is 1 hour, with easiest difficulty it might be right at 30 minutes, and at hardest 2 hours. Or some balance like that. 0.5x to 2x. Normally you'll want to set times like 10h to 48h, so if you 2x that it's almost a week with that on hardest. Don't go too high with multiplier.

Well, I'm an engineer - so I prefer implemented solutions over "proper", but unimplemented - and as such, propose easy (and dirty) fixes ?

Also, I can guess why Maiden's Shield was made quest item - to stop it from being replaced by other belts. Probably.

Oh, and there is also timed catsuit (Dollmaker's Billboard Catsuit) in the mod. Which, probably, also need refactoring in the "proper" solution...

P.S. I read DDi code for timed restraints, and yeah, I was slightly puzzled by additional modifier for timer in there. Also, I haven't actually seen in game any timed restraint made with vanilla DDi mechanic. I guess, it will be something to tinker in the future ?

40 minutes ago, DeWired said:

Oh, and there is also timed catsuit (Dollmaker's Billboard Catsuit) in the mod. Which, probably, also need refactoring in the "proper" solution...

Oh yes, i've worn it often and it always releases after the timed duration. No bugs found on that.

8 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You don't have to do the save and reload step, you should see it removed immediately. But i can see you are still wearing "Armor of the old gods" too, so you didn't follow his instructions exactly.

Go to player home and choose some empty container for this. Put everything you have in there, keys, books, gold.. everything, even try putting the blindfold itself.

Then use the console and remove every item ID that still remain, especially the ones with "bad editor ID". One of them might be hiddenly the DD's "item hider" that you can't remove, but remove everything else. You can disable the item hider in the DD's MCM menus if you want, it's only optional feature, but then its ID shouldn't show.

Don't save game until all works.

(You can also put images in spoilers so they don't take so much page space).

I emptied all the inventory I could into a chest.  The only items left were quest items I could not remove.

I typed player.removeitem 10040f0c 1.

I got an onscreen message saying item was removed.

I saved the game.

I reloaded the game and typed player.showinventory.

The item was still there.

There was an item with a quantity of 1 and the id was 13013353 with no description.  What is this item?  Should I remove?

There was another item called the gualdur amulet fragment that had a bad editor id which I need for a quest I am currently on.

To disable the item hider in the DD's MCM, are you talking about setting Devious Devices => Devices Underneath (1) Item Hider Slot to None (Disabled)?

If yes, then do I retype the remove item in the console?

If that works, then do I reset the devices underneath to what it was?

Thanks

13 hours ago, darkdragonlove said:

There's no chance this mod is related to a problem I'm having, is there? When creatures assault me I get this message: "your attackers seemed to have lost interest in you. Maybe run as long as you still can!" every time? How can I stop this?

That is Cursed Loot's combat surrender, you can disable it in MCM under Rape tab.

6 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Item with ID ending in **040F0C is Item Hider, that you shouldn't try to remove.

( source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/page/257/?tab=comments#comment-1215633 )

But yes about the question on its MCM. Though now you can ignore all this.

I don't use item hider because i use armor mods from nexus, kind of revealing armors tbh. So to me it didn't make sense that they would hide corsets, chastity belts etc. Highly recommend this if you have UUNP: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69562

The first 2 numbers in the ID are the mod index. You should check what the 13013353's number 13 means in your load order (don't mix with mod priority number, that's different). If you open that mod in TES5Edit, the first 2 numbers will again be different than what it is in your load order.

The blindfold script you need to remove is from DDA, DDI or DDX, so look up those mod indexes to narrow down what you can remove.

Also try selling the worn blindfold to Dollmaker in Dawnstar, if you already tried putting it in chest. That some point fixed it for me. I wonder if that is because "Bondage Lover" was enabled in MCM. In that case you should be trying that with a container that is not in player house, some random barrel in town perhaps.

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

That is Cursed Loot's combat surrender, you can disable it in MCM under Rape tab.

Item with ID ending in **040F0C is Item Hider, that you shouldn't try to remove.

( source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/page/257/?tab=comments#comment-1215633 )

But yes about the question on its MCM. Though now you can ignore all this.

I don't use item hider because i use armor mods from nexus, kind of revealing armors tbh. So to me it didn't make sense that they would hide corsets, chastity belts etc. Highly recommend this if you have UUNP: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69562

The first 2 numbers in the ID are the mod index. You should check what the 13013353's number 13 means in your load order (don't mix with mod priority number, that's different). If you open that mod in TES5Edit, the first 2 numbers will again be different than what it is in your load order.

The blindfold script you need to remove is from DDA, DDI or DDX, so look up those mod indexes to narrow down what you can remove.

Also try selling the worn blindfold to Dollmaker in Dawnstar, if you already tried putting it in chest. That some point fixed it for me. I wonder if that is because "Bondage Lover" was enabled in MCM. In that case you should be trying that with a container that is not in player house, some random barrel in town perhaps.

I figured it out.  I tried to equip another blindfold, then the errant item showed up as warn.  The item I had to remove was 13013353. Once I did that, then it worked.

Just curious, what is 10040F0C?  I started a new game and it showed up in my inventory.  I also loaded other characters and it showed up in their inventory as well even though they were all naked.

Thanks again for all your help.

30 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

I figured it out.  I tried to equip another blindfold, then the errant item showed up as warn.  The item I had to remove was 13013353. Once I did that, then it worked.

Just curious, what is 10040F0C?  I started a new game and it showed up in my inventory.  I also loaded other characters and it showed up in their inventory as well even though they were all naked.

Thanks again for all your help.

Interesting,

I started a new game and did the show inventory while by the statue of Mara.  The 100040F0C item did not show up in inventory.

Once I pressed the statue and saved a game, then reloaded the game, the item came up in my inventory.

Do you think it is something to do with Alternate Start?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

Just curious, what is 10040F0C?  I started a new game and it showed up in my inventory.

I just explained earlier a bit, it's the DD's Item Hider. If you disable the feature from MCM then it will be gone from the equipment list. Its purpose is to hide restraints that are covered by clothing, for example it will hide nipple piercings when wearing body armor. However there are no known issues with the feature, it's regarded as harmless.

I skimmed over @Xuvish's problem and have to admit I haven't seen all the responses, but would like to suggest another solution which I notice here:

Instead of trying to find and unequip the device via console, try to find and EQUIP it via console, then struggle out normally using a key.

Let's say you have a blindfold, it is a little harder to tell in that case, but you could still tell if it is red, black or white (use candlelight if you are unsure). Then use "help" to search for that blindfold. There will be only a few options, maybe 4 in the worst cases (After you have familiarized yourself with DD a little it will get easier to tell the difference between ebonite and leather, and you would be able to reduce most items into 2 guesses by the look of them). Then you use "Player.equipitem XXXXXXXX 0" to have it equip on you. if and only if your guess was right, then trying to normally unequip it will bring up the unequip menu. if it doesn't bring the menu, reload save and try the next option.

I found this method more reliable then scanning through my inventory and removing via command. Of course it gets a little annoying if you DD setting make it hard for you to remove devices in the fair way, because it actually demands you to deal with the item again. but since we are using console already, I think consoling a key for such cases is fair...

9 hours ago, nicolecd146 said:

So I'm having a bit of trouble in Dagonar. When attempting to cook a prisoner stew, activating the cook pot just blocks controls for a few seconds, otherwise nothing happens. Could it be an incompatibility with RNS & sexlab survival maybe? Or anyone have any ideas?

I had this as well. But I have neither RND nor sexlab survival installed. 

Interestingly, cooking was disfunctional in whole. I could spawn another cooking pot and it was also unusable. My resolution was to load a save from before the imprisonment. The next time I got arrested, cooking worked. 

I've recently been having an odd bug with the bound girls aspect of the mod. Everything works fine for them with dialogue, animations, proper clothing equipping after freeing them and all, but when I get the event where the devices lock themselves on my character, it'll equip everything the bound girl was wearing except the slot for the body. So like, the bound girl will be wearing a catsuit, gag, pony boots and armbinder, and everything except the catsuit would get locked on my character. I tried my best looking through the topic to see if something like this was answered, but couldn't find anything.

39 minutes ago, rawr22 said:

Did anyone figure out the cause of the CTD when entering the Dragonar basement?

It's the only CTD I've had in an otherwise 100% stable game.

Possible cause is HDT. But if you really did make your game stable it won't CTD for that. Make sure that all HDT restraints from DD are working, chains swinging when you move and so on. Skyrim tech support is for troubleshooting the game CTD's and how to stabilize it. If your vanilla skyrim is stable, it doesn't mean it's stable anymore with LL mods (until you put in a good amount of effort).

Final fix for the Maiden's Shield:

Spoiler

function DeviceMenuExt(Int msgChoice)

if msgChoice == 3
		self.BeltMenuMasturbate()
	endIf
	if msgChoice == 4
		libs.Notify("With the timer released, you can freely access the chasity belt's locking mechanism and open it. You finally remove the tight metal straps from your waist and groin.", true)
		armor device = libs.GetWornDevice(libs.playerref, libs.zad_DeviousBelt)
		armor deviceRendered = libs.GetRenderedDevice(device)
		if !deviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_QuestItem) && !device.HasKeyword(libs.zad_QuestItem)
			libs.removeDevice(libs.playerref, device, deviceRendered, libs.zad_DeviousBelt, false, false, true)
		else
			libs.RemoveQuestDevice(libs.playerref, device, deviceRendered, libs.zad_DeviousBelt, piqs.dclibs.dcur_kw_QuestItem, false, true)
		endIf
	endIf
endFunction

Changes in dcur_beltofshame.psc

Compiled, tested - after 7 days of waiting and message "You can remove belt" menu item "Remove It" actually removed it. So, I consider it done.

dcur_beltofshameScript.pex

11 hours ago, Greatperson11 said:

I've recently been having an odd bug with the bound girls aspect of the mod. Everything works fine for them with dialogue, animations, proper clothing equipping after freeing them and all, but when I get the event where the devices lock themselves on my character, it'll equip everything the bound girl was wearing except the slot for the body. So like, the bound girl will be wearing a catsuit, gag, pony boots and armbinder, and everything except the catsuit would get locked on my character. I tried my best looking through the topic to see if something like this was answered, but couldn't find anything.

I'm just reading the code - it looks like it works as intended - only Heavy Bondage (armbinders, yokes, prisoner chains), gags, boots and belts go to player. Everything else just disappears. So - not a bug ?

27 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Possible cause is HDT. But if you really did make your game stable it won't CTD for that. Make sure that all HDT restraints from DD are working, chains swinging when you move and so on. Skyrim tech support is for troubleshooting the game CTD's and how to stabilize it. If your vanilla skyrim is stable, it doesn't mean it's stable anymore with LL mods (until you put in a good amount of effort).

Thanks.  I mean my game has been 100% stable with all my mods installed, including HDT and DD over 100s of hours.  I've had 0 crashes anywhere, except the basement, where they occur 100% of the time before the basement even loads.

This basement specific basement crash has been reported many times for months, but there are no posted solutions.

What's in the basement that is not used anywhere else?  I'm trying to figure out if I have a missing requirement, but I've updated all the requirements listed and no change.

8 minutes ago, rawr22 said:

This basement specific basement crash has been reported many times for months, but there are no posted solutions.

There are no solutions here because it's not DCL's fault, in any proven way at least. Very few people experience the crash, and any solution that make your game stable elsewhere could fix this one too. But as said, this topic is not specifically to fix Skyrim installations, it is a very complex thing to discuss. DCL or DD mod requirements are not comprehensive lists of things you need to install or prepare in order to make it stable, you need to look into guides on the topic.