Hey Kimy, I'm not sure if you read all of these comments, and I'm sure you must be busy with all the mods you're developing and probably must have to dismiss most suggestions you get from users, but there is something about cursed loot that I think would be great in the next update and shouldn't (although I don't know anything about Papyrus or how the mod is made) be too hard to implement.

Since cursed loot was release devious devices has really grown and content has been added, so it would be great if you could update the random trap events with some of the new restraints. For example, all of the new gags (and some older ones like the heavy harness gag) as long as I'm aware can't be equipped by traps. It would also be cool if there was also a trap event that would equip a petsuit on the Dragonborn. And maybe the inflatable plug that has to be deflated before you can take it out. Maybe have a small chance when talking to NPCS that they could grab the pump and inflate it a bit or something. :)

I don't know. Just seems that a lot of the cool restraints are being wasted and never used since for a lot of people DCL is the main way to equip restraints.

5 hours ago, coolguy1111111 said:

Since cursed loot was release devious devices has really grown and content has been added, so it would be great if you could update the random trap events with some of the new restraints. For example, all of the new gags (and some older ones like the heavy harness gag) as long as I'm aware can't be equipped by traps. It would also be cool if there was also a trap event that would equip a petsuit on the Dragonborn. And maybe the inflatable plug that has to be deflated before you can take it out. Maybe have a small chance when talking to NPCS that they could grab the pump and inflate it a bit or something. :)

I'm not Kimy, but she seems to be well ahead of you with the ideas ;)  Adding new restraints to traps were already mentioned in plans. Petsuit traps are unlikely to appear, they slow down speed too much to be viable to happen inside long dungeon. They are curious item to be added to all kinds of other events, for example it is already used in the new prison i think. Other mods use the petsuit, at least devious followers have i guess 2 different ways to wear it for you.

NPC's already do squeeze your inflatable plugs, it's not Cursed Loot mechanic but DD itself (or i'm not 100% sure if npc part is from DCL). Check event chances in MCM. You don't have to talk to them for that to happen, just be nearby. Sometimes you just accidentally push the pump yourself, and you cannot remove an inflated plug.

So I just updated from a super old version to 8.3 and afterwards the Dominant follow menu only has a few options related to the escape chance, it doesn't have the list that the older version did to modify the experience. Is this by design, did the install not complete successfully or am I missing something?

thanks!

Edit: this is the case on clean saves as well

19 minutes ago, Senick said:

So I just updated from a super old version to 8.3 and afterwards the Dominant follow menu only has a few options related to the escape chance, it doesn't have the list that the older version did to modify the experience. Is this by design, did the install not complete successfully or am I missing something?

thanks!

Edit: this is the case on clean saves as well

This is normal, the old dominant follower system was replaced with XDFF which doesn't have much configuration available yet. XDFF is functional, but will have more added soon hopefully.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, Xuvish said:

My character just started moving at a slower speed as if hobbled by a devious device. 

She has no devices equipped on her.

This is the case no matter what type of armor is on even with no armor.

Anyone know what could be causing it and how to fix?

Thanks,

I know you fixed this already but I had the same thing occur.  It happened to my character when she got out of prison, I tried to use the console to increase my speed but it did not work for me.  What did work was using the console to add a hobble dress to my inventory, wearing the hobble dress and then removing it using the DCL debug menu.  Afterwards she was normal.  Just throwing it out there as an alternative solution for you or anyone else who may have the same problem.

Okay, have a strange problem.  In the MCM the DCL menu appears and it shows it's contents the first time I open it.  I immediately go to the debug part of the menu and all I get is a blank screen in the menu box.  When I tab out back to the game and try to go back to the menu it remains blank.  The mod menu is still there but it's blank inside.  Any thoughts?

54 minutes ago, Tenri said:

This is normal, the old dominant follower system was replaced with XDFF which doesn't have much configuration available yet. XDFF is functional, but will have more added soon hopefully.

Oh, gotcha, so there's no way at all of modifying certain aspects of the dominant follower portion anymore?

1 minute ago, Senick said:

Oh, gotcha, so there's no way at all of modifying certain aspects of the dominant follower portion anymore?

There is More XDFF rules that adds, as the name suggests, more rules. It also lets you make any follower into an XDFF dom not just Leon or Leah, it also lets you decide how many rules can be active and what rules are available.

Kinda related to my post how do you make that mod display box thingy when linking a mod?

6 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Thanks, that worked.  My speed was set to 80.

Dude. Don't bother with console. You can install mod called Speed Rings. As long as it is a ring and not a clothing or armor - it will be not removed by DD scripts even when some traps will trigger on your character. And you should have speed bumped according to the ring you wearing. Just saying. ? 

Second funny fact: bypass struggle animation or unlock animation by firstly sitting in the chair! This way is faster in removing DD items.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I'm not Kimy, but she seems to be well ahead of you with the ideas ;)  Adding new restraints to traps were already mentioned in plans. Petsuit traps are unlikely to appear, they slow down speed too much to be viable to happen inside long dungeon. They are curious item to be added to all kinds of other events, for example it is already used in the new prison i think. Other mods use the petsuit, at least devious followers have i guess 2 different ways to wear it for you.

NPC's already do squeeze your inflatable plugs, it's not Cursed Loot mechanic but DD itself (or i'm not 100% sure if npc part is from DCL). Check event chances in MCM. You don't have to talk to them for that to happen, just be nearby. Sometimes you just accidentally push the pump yourself, and you cannot remove an inflated plug.

Well, I really like idea with petsuits - and as such, propose this: mod already differentiate trap chances based on player location (dungeon, wild, city). Why not to use it? Make petsuit city-exclusive trap with boosted chances.

Also, I have some ideas of my own:

1. Some toggle in MCM, which automatically transfers any looted keys to follower, but allows get it back from him/her through item transfer later. I like having keys for emergencies, but some of my gear depends on not having them.

2. Actually, I'd like more deviousness in gear - for example, petsuit that boosts Speech so much, that you will put it on yourself in every shop ? Right now, I have some plugs, which boost stamina regen more, if there aren't keys in inventory. It's all well and good - but they are not the most fun plugs out there, opposite actually. It will be interesting to have some plugs and/or piercings with good boost - and fun effects, like in inflatable plugs, or shocking ones. Also, pear with bell was my early game favourite ?

3. On visual side, I'd loved to see ponyboots in other styles - like from PunitiveShoes, for example. It is more streamlined and visually attractive. Also, different lengths - from ankle to thigh. And paw bondage mittens in long glove variant.

4. Just did Rubber Commercial, finished, and started anew. We need more catsuits with styles. Also, why Slave Rubber Suit isn't like that? Even "slave" in big letters on back would be better then plain black.

5. Returning to petsuits - it would be interesting to think about making them dungeon-viable. I just went through Ustengrav in slave collar, heavy yoke, and some other devices in all other slots except plugs (which I already mentioned), and it was fun. Hmm. Maybe use something like Ocato's Recital from Apocalypse spell - activated on combat start? Some powerful combat transformation (as in werewolf), which reverts to petsuit on combat end? Also - making werewolves wore petsuits out of wolf form is a fun idea ?

6. Speaking about dungeons - we totally need bound finishing animations. Which is difficult as hell, I expect.

7. Bound girls. We need some way to help them when keys aren't available - maybe some spell, like Touch of Control, but opposite? Then dialog option can check not only against key availability, but also spell knowledge. Also, casting spell on Bound Girl can be counted as dialogue skipping directly to reward phase.

8. We need Devious Stewards for hearthfire homes.

9. Just noticed, that High Security Boots aren't recognized by another mod as DD. Strange, that.

So, Im testing the new crime function (well, new to me) And im offering sex to the guards and they respond with "you offering yourself, etc, etc" but then nothing happens. Iv tried with or without checking the disable sex in the mcm. Any ideas?

Edit: Anyone? It gets kind of boring in prison after a while, doing the same 3 things over and over, lol. And sex only once a say!!?? Well, that dog just wont hunt, lol.

Hey Kimy, have you thought about expanding NPC comments about DD and status messages you get when you wear them yourself, like how they make you feel and such? I just think that they add a lot to immersion while do not take to much work to add(or so i hope?). Maybe some people could come up with interesting comments and messages and you would pick the best ones.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:59 AM, Zaflis said:

@Khe So many good points, it get the feeling you may have a little lower than average specs computer, which is not a bad thing considering it highlights some script inefficiencies.

2) Thanks for giving yet another example for the texture mipmap skip, i always wondered why the hair looks so bad and haven't tried without the skip yet. Maybe the tool used to save or optimize DDS is faulty (or badly configured)?

Running Ordenador against your mods helps because it detects and FIXES loads of problems including missing mimaps. I also use it to reduce oversize textures down to 2k so even when an author offers multiple resolutions I often download the highest res and use this utility to resize it to work with my 3GB video on the assumption that when I next upgrade PC I will already have the higher res mods.

Ok, i have like odd looking Leon's house in DCL 8.3. Does anybody has it looking odd also like that:

Spoiler

1902969491_enb2019_09_2718_51_39_20.jpg.69e5e08426033babf503c15866f45b92.jpg1838308385_enb2019_09_2718_51_22_13.jpg.e952f33fa33d350c7f756013e48d8cec.jpg2011569387_enb2019_09_2718_51_01_92.jpg.f5f46be5c429822f89b8376c1f4d9888.jpg

Looks like unfinished roof... I know it's one structure from DCL, and not two structures overlapping - because i can click on it and "disable" whole house with console. (well, doors are separate object... ^^)

1 hour ago, piotsze said:

Ok, i have like odd looking Leon's house in DCL 8.3. Does anybody has it looking odd also like that:

Looks like unfinished roof... I know it's one structure from DCL, and not two structures overlapping - because i can click on it and "disable" whole house with console. (well, doors are separate object... ^^)

Check whatever mod is altering the landscape because the ground isn't supposed to come up to the windows, some mod you have altered the terrain there and it may be a conflict with the altered terrain causing that anomaly.

2 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Check whatever mod is altering the landscape because the ground isn't supposed to come up to the windows, some mod you have altered the terrain there and it may be a conflict with the altered terrain causing that anomaly.

Ok, i will look to it. Thanks! ?

Not too sure, will post for (someone to probably laugh), am using Laura's Bondage Shop and because I added this mod after it, I wasn't able to make any configuration changes, so now the player is walking around in full chastity and I've no indicators on what to do or how to go about any of the locations in this mod, I saw a home near the farms outside of Whiterun (would probably look better closer to the crossroads or on the other side as the house looks larger inside than out), but the owner isn't home.

No clue where to go from here, any suggestions?

GuruSR.

30 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

Not too sure, will post for (someone to probably laugh), am using Laura's Bondage Shop and because I added this mod after it, I wasn't able to make any configuration changes, so now the player is walking around in full chastity and I've no indicators on what to do or how to go about any of the locations in this mod, I saw a home near the farms outside of Whiterun (would probably look better closer to the crossroads or on the other side as the house looks larger inside than out), but the owner isn't home.

GuruSR.

Guru - nobody laughs here. If you have added Deviously Cursed Loot after installed Laura mod - that means your MCM of DCL - is locked, because your character was already in a restraint - timed belt. I have posted explicit solution - how to get rid of the Laura Timed Belt. And i have done this solution for some user, who updated her mod from version 3.00 to 3.01. And he was unfortunate to get stuck in belt. IDK what happened to him.
What matter most - it should work also for you - to remove Lauras belt. Go to my solution to get rid of it - by console. Also proove that my solution helped him.

5 hours ago, GuruSR said:

GuruSR.

Well, it happened to me, too - being restrained on install, that is. Things you can do to make your life slightly better: install Devious Training (v2, v3 is still in beta and too bulky), mod allowing magic while in mittens, BWitch, and Devious Lore. First three should up your survivability, last one helps with getting out of simple restraints without keys. About where to go - first DCL quest starts in Helgen dungeon, it leads you to other NPC which can give quests, there are followers Leon and Leah in Whiterun Bannered Mare Inn. Other quests happen from looting something.

But first of all - check your arousal level. If it is in high numbers - better go with piotsze solution to unlock chastity, cause high arousal on default will get you some DCL quest very fast ?

3 hours ago, DeWired said:

Well, it happened to me, too - being restrained on install, that is. Things you can do to make your life slightly better: install Devious Training (v2, v3 is still in beta and too bulky), mod allowing magic while in mittens, BWitch, and Devious Lore. First three should up your survivability, last one helps with getting out of simple restraints without keys. About where to go - first DCL quest starts in Helgen dungeon, it leads you to other NPC which can give quests, there are followers Leon and Leah in Whiterun Bannered Mare Inn. Other quests happen from looting something.

But first of all - check your arousal level. If it is in high numbers - better go with piotsze solution to unlock chastity, cause high arousal on default will get you some DCL quest very fast ?

I've come across Leah but not talked to her much, as for survivability, so far haven't run into any issues, since in a full set of chastity, movement is like 10 feet a game hour kind of deal, so I'm staying from the shop to Whiterun since everything else is too far apart, which is why doing anything now is limited.  Was wondering if there are wandering merchants of sorts that deal in these things or those looking for them on roads, seems otherwise, these items are not common place.  Reminds me of "Speak Easy" places, pretty much this is those, though Devious Lore looks like it could offer other choices, but the locations seem to be miles away and at super speed of 10 feet per game hour, may take a year or two to get there.

GuruSR.