Hey, I have a problem with Chloe quest, am sure that it had to be mentioned before but search engine here is just straight up shit, or I am not used to working with it.

Basically I can't talk to Nazeem after reading the ledger. I am thinking cursed loot safe word might have had fucked the quest over maybe? But other than that I am clueless. Also there is no marker over Nazeem, which I don't know if there is supposed to be or not.

Thanks for any help

2 minutes ago, araraf said:

Hey, I have a problem with Chloe quest, am sure that it had to be mentioned before but search engine here is just straight up shit, or I am not used to working with it.

Basically I can't talk to Nazeem after reading the ledger. I am thinking cursed loot safe word might have had fucked the quest over maybe? But other than that I am clueless. Also there is no marker over Nazeem, which I don't know if there is supposed to be or not.

Thanks for any help

what is your direct problem ?

edit:

did you use the safeword while in the chloe quest ?

that surely breaks it...

14 hours ago, GuruSR said:

I had this mod active, but since disabled it for the following reason:

The Jail (using the DCL one) needs fixing, the parole needs fixing, the arrest needs fixing.

IE:

Paroled, got put back right in the place where arrested (huh?  not outside a prison?), problem was, guards saw player with same bounty as before prison, it was never removed.  Said "arrested" for 6 days, then after the Ok, a second one came up saying "arrested" again, except repeat offender, 12 days.

While i cannot say what all the scripts do or if they are too heavy, i don't know what fixing you are expecting. What you are seeing is Skyrim bugs, not necessarily mod bugs. Your setup may be unstable, and this thread is not really a good place to talk about that but the tech support forums. We assume when you use script heavy mods that you have first "graduated" your Skyrim by having it at least stable.

What i'm saying is, things you say are bugs are things i cannot reproduce, they just work. But i have just over 100 mods.

There may still be some actual bugs with the arrest dialog though, in that you must not click through the guard's talks when he's deciding what to do with you. Let chat lines time out on their own. If you don't do that, they may attack you instead of arresting. And of course that can cause effects like you still having bounty after prison ends, or continue fighting.

1 hour ago, araraf said:

Aw shit, is there a way to restart the quest or would manual advancing of it via console work?

setstage always works, i even used it to skip the quest...Never tried to restart an abandoned quest though, but its worth a try... You just need quest id and stages for that, dont know if you use creation kit. 

1 hour ago, voberon said:

setstage always works, i even used it to skip the quest...Never tried to restart an abandoned quest though, but its worth a try... You just need quest id and stages for that, dont know if you use creation kit. 

I had bad experiences with setstage when cursed loot is involved. the only thing that I can gurantee that works like a charm is retrigerring the rubber doll quest. Using setstage in places like Leon's quest resulting in teleports not triggering or devices not equipping/unequipping...

Always worth a shot, but make sure you have backup save before you go on such adventures XD

Hey @Kimy, if you don't mind me asking, is there a chance for a "Halloween release" or are we looking at something closer to Christmas or later?

I just want to figure out my "gaming plan" for the near future and wonder if it's worth starting a skyrim save around that time. I had really bad luck with new saves last times (started a save 2 days before 8.0, and again just few hours before 8.3 ?) so I figured there is no harm asking XD

Hi,

I was wondering if some one here could help me.

I was working on a quest for Captured Dreams mod.  I had the mod in for about a year and just found out it was taken down, but I was hoping someone here could help.

The quest To Fetch a Slave keeps crashing after I get Erani's Ring from the Bandits leader in Windhelm.

I've tried to fast travel from Windhelm to Refugees' Rest and it crashed.

I've tried to walk after exiting Windhelm to the quest and it crashed as I approached Refugees' Rest.

I even fast traveled from Whiterun to Refugees' Rest and it crashed.

I also loaded the game from a save before I got the quest and tried again and got the same results.

Anyone have an idea how to fix?

Is there a code in the command console I can type in to set the quest to complete?

Thanks

31 minutes ago, skyrimguru said:

Chsitity key weight:     <>40

Relative weight of the number of chastity keys you are going to find when finding keys.

can someone translate that into german for me?

I don't get the meaning of the word "weight" right.

I don't speak German, but I can explain via example:

if your normal key weight is 100, your chastity key weight is 40 and your piercing tool weight is 10, than the total of them all is 100+40+10 = 150.

That means, when you get a key, it has a 100/150 chance to be a normal key, a 40/150 chance to be a chastity key and 10/150 chance to be a piercing tool.

It would be exactly the same chances if you set the weights to 200, 80 and 20, because it is all *relative*.

So in short, its chances, but not using percents. This way lowering the weight of 1 thing automatically gives the other things more chances and vise versa.

[The same mechanic works for the whole "events" tab, by the way]

22 hours ago, piotsze said:

Skyrims interior fog + shadows while playing with standard set shaders, can make a hit on your framerate if you play on multimedia graphics card (ie: geforce 940mx vs geforce 950m). And i have 940mx - lower shader units, memory bandwith, but greatly reduced TDP. Look at comparison - how it affects framerate in some other games like Thief, Battlefield 4, Bioshock Infinite (under link).

I have been able to reduce framerate dropouts not only in this particular house but also in other mods which have got something intensive going on by applying couple of tweaks. Just look around how to remove/reduce shadows by editing skyrimprefs.ini settings. I think you should visit this wiki page for that as i did. Pretty much has all of it what is to tweak.

Also i am using Remove Interior Fog V2 - because fog took a hit on my multimedia graphics card. There also are settings for disabling shaders (like Environmental Mapping), which have got bigger performance effect to your framerate. Oh yeah, you will be able to boost fps from that one. But they will greatly reduce visuals. And the settings are:

Reveal hidden contents

[LightingShader]
fDecalLODFadeEnd=0.0600
fDecalLODFadeStart=0.0500
fEnvmapLODFadeEnd=0.0
fEnvmapLODFadeStart=0.0
fEyeEnvmapLODEnd=0.0
fRefractionLODFadeEnd=0.0
fRefractionLODFadeStart=0.0
fSpecularLODFadeEnd=0.0
fSpecularLODFadeStart=0.0

Dude nicknamed jackherer93 have posted those settings on nexus and i decided to check them out. And i was amazed like a Gandalf from his nexus page. It realy made a difference in my fps. But it has removed Glossy effect from any Catsuits or Zipsuits. Oh well... whatever. But at least i don't have framerate dropouts now.

Just try it. You will see the difference for sure. Also i didn't found any other tweaks which could give you boost up. Maybe reducing texture size to 2K(2048) by using Ordenador.

And also adding to above - look at it how much memory Skyrim is using. If you use web browser like Google Chrome (ram eater) - try to reduce tabs in chrome. Now i have like 10+ tabs and it's using more than 1500 MB of memory. Don't let Skyrim to run out of memory, because it will use paged memory on your HDD. That's where things will be going realy slooow... And as a result you could have like 10 fps inside game. Or even worse than that.

Thanks, I've tweaked some things after reading the wiki you linked to me. My problem is not solved although now the game looks a little bit prettier on the eye and some things go slightly faster. The fps drop I have is only at the dollmaker's shop, it's a gigantic lamp with chains shadow in this room (also although the lamp is motionless, his shadow sways side to side). Good recommendation that particular wiki anyway, it's a great resource ;)

5 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

I pretty much always found him in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. Never seen him in any other bar yet.

He will be in the Bannered Mare until you get belted the first time. After that he is a hard-to-find moron.

But since you know where he is before the quest, you can always cheat by reloading an earlier save of the same play-through and find his true ID in case you get too desperate and frustrated to find him fairly XD

Has anyone gotten the message you step into the harness right at the start of a fight, the have to go through the fight in a set of chain harness stuff? i had no dd objects equipped at the time, this is the third time that this event(?) has happened at the start of a fight, is this a bug, of am i just super unlucky?

54 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

He will be in the Bannered Mare until you get belted the first time. After that he is a hard-to-find moron.

But since you know where he is before the quest, you can always cheat by reloading an earlier save of the same play-through and find his true ID in case you get too desperate and frustrated to find him fairly XD

if you want ID of ANYTHING in the game for console
help "????" (part of its name) will give you a lsit of everything that fits for that name, evenly just partly. to see entire list use Page Up key on keyboard.
example Help "restrai"
to find id of restraints key

32 minutes ago, silverburper said:

Has anyone gotten the message you step into the harness right at the start of a fight, the have to go through the fight in a set of chain harness stuff? i had no dd objects equipped at the time, this is the third time that this event(?) has happened at the start of a fight, is this a bug, of am i just super unlucky?

you mean to say, devices are randomy equipped on you without previous interaction  (like looting something..)
no it doesnt happen

48 minutes ago, A Little Kitten said:

if you want ID of ANYTHING in the game for console
help "????" (part of its name) will give you a lsit of everything that fits for that name, evenly just partly. to see entire list use Page Up key on keyboard.
example Help "restrai"
to find id of restraints key

I know, but there is a different ID for the actual instance of a character in a game. If you try moveto or movetoplayer with the ID given from "help" it wouldn't work. The logic behind this is that some objects may have several instances in the game. You will need their specific instance ID to teleport to them or teleport them to you.

But it truly IS possible to create a new instance of an item with the ID from "help". You can use placeatme to create another jack right on top of you. But that means you will have 2 jacks in the game unless you kill or remove one, and I never tested if interacting with another jack than the original can finish the quest.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:15 AM, Zaflis said:

While i cannot say what all the scripts do or if they are too heavy, i don't know what fixing you are expecting. What you are seeing is Skyrim bugs, not necessarily mod bugs. Your setup may be unstable, and this thread is not really a good place to talk about that but the tech support forums. We assume when you use script heavy mods that you have first "graduated" your Skyrim by having it at least stable.

What i'm saying is, things you say are bugs are things i cannot reproduce, they just work. But i have just over 100 mods.

There may still be some actual bugs with the arrest dialog though, in that you must not click through the guard's talks when he's deciding what to do with you. Let chat lines time out on their own. If you don't do that, they may attack you instead of arresting. And of course that can cause effects like you still having bounty after prison ends, or continue fighting.

I have other mods that operate just fine, this is the environment I MOD in and it is stable, extremely stable, like 8 to 12 hours of solid play time stable.  It is a bug, because once the "fight with the guards" ended (combat end), the arrest messages came up and I was (just outside Markarth) across the bridge and over the hill when that happened, so how can I be arrested by thin air no guards in sight?  Just because you have 100+ mods, doesn't mean your game is unstable, I do all my mod work in this environment to make sure it works in these conditions.  If you know how the engine works, mod count is moot, scripts are timesliced based at the end of each frame @60fps calculation to match the XBox.  So having a massively fast CPU vs one that isn't won't make any change to the performance of the game, sadly because the game uses a DirectX Canvas (and not anything else), the frame draw is done by the CPU, so script runs will be marginally faster on faster machine, but only because frame rate calculations will slow things down.  You will however see marginally better script response the smaller the screen resolution you go down to, 800x600 is notably the best.

GuruSR.

3 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

I know, but there is a different ID for the actual instance of a character in a game. If you try moveto or movetoplayer with the ID given from "help" it wouldn't work. The logic behind this is that some objects may have several instances in the game. You will need their specific instance ID to teleport to them or teleport them to you.

But it truly IS possible to create a new instance of an item with the ID from "help". You can use placeatme to create another jack right on top of you. But that means you will have 2 jacks in the game unless you kill or remove one, and I never tested if interacting with another jack than the original can finish the quest.

You don't want to create more instances of objects with placeatme if it's avoidable. You can load some older savegame where you can still see the NPC and click on it to get its ID. It will actually still be selected now in the console if you instantly quickload your furthest save. You don't need to type ID then, just "moveto player" should work.

But if it's a follower i recommend the "Follower map markers" mod; i use the beacon version of it. So if you lose him, always easy to find again from the map. But beacon can only be given to 1 follower.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:07 AM, Xuvish said:

I was working on a quest for Captured Dreams mod.  ... keeps crashing  ...

Anyone have an idea how to fix?

This is the common and generic question "My Skyrim keeps CTD'ing, how do i fix it?" It's asked all the time, and there are hundreds of answers in:

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/39-skyrim-technical-support/

And more can be found with Google. There is not 1 answer that will fix it for you, it's a combination of lots of things. Reading technical things is unavoidable. Finding answers to "How do i force a quest complete in Skyrim" is another general question. You can look up the needed ID's with console "find" command or using TES5Edit. But the guides for that specific problem will explain it better than i can.

Other than that, the instability of CD and incompatibility with latest DD was 1 of the main reasons it was taken down.

5 hours ago, silverburper said:

Could be the "self bondage" feature from cursed loot. That can happen at random intervals that you set in MCM, using restraints that you were carrying in inventory. If you didn't have chain harness it's something else. Could be entirely other mod doing it. The feature will be giving you warnings before it happens, unless you disabled them.