Here's my quick report on XDFF in version 7.1

Ā 

• Dominant followers now take gold, but the dialog always remains - it has no conditions on it at all, so it's always going to show.
  • Still no dialog to ask the rules.
  • Pronouns still wrong in messages.
  • Apparently, still some overlap between end of Leon quest and XDFF startup. Needs more delay or something?
  • Currently no way to ask for food/drink, and you can't just buyĀ it without money.
  • Version number not updated in Debug menu (version functions still say 62 / "Version 6.4" in the MCM source).
  • The distance to master limit seems a bit low. Even SD+ in its "difficult" era wasn't this strict. Normal movement takes me out of range.Ā Always.
  • The "mixed" is-follower and distance message feels awkward; like it should be two separate issues. Some players may be confused which part of the rule they are violating, possibly (especially if they recruit through a framework and you miss it)?

Ā 

The pronouns is obviously because GetMasterPronoun returns possessives, not regular pronouns.

Perhaps helpful to others if you replicated the naming of the vanilla grammatical substitution markup instead of being unique?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There's no immersive or technical benefit inĀ requiringĀ the master to be a follower anyway; so removing that restriction would clean up the rule break messages.

As a player, practically, how else are you going to keep the master close to you if you want to go anywhere? You will make the a follower by choice, and if you don't, you'll probably fail the distance rule check.Ā ThereĀ are clear benefits to the player, so there's no real need to enforce it.

Being a follower just adds a simple follow package, the favor dialog, and item exchange, so it doesn't aid immersive enslavement particularly.

Ā 

Ā 

However ... the old rule from 6.X where nobody else is allowed to be a follower ... that makes sense, but you need to read EFF, AFT, UFO, NFF states with softdeps to do that in a performant manner - it's not hard, I can PM the notes if you want them - or just read their source for all those mods, nothing surprising in there.

Ā 

Why not factor more of the punishments out into a punishment library? Would save duplicating DD code, and provide more for others to use.

To be fair, someĀ punishments are factored like this, but not most.

Ā 

Ā 

This is a sensible way to implement a lot of slavery fun; pretty close to how I'd have done it myself ... though I would have used more quests to isolate dialog and functionality sets, and aimed for a broader base of built-in behaviour ... but it's light weight is virtue, not going to argue with that.

Ā 

However, its focus is on "rules" and not "events".

The commentary suggests that it can be used for events, it would be a bit of a hoop-jump in practice, I suspect.

The developer wouldn't be gaining much from using the framework for that.

Ā 

A different base, with more appropriate facilities for possible events/games would make things simpler all around, I suspect.

Of course, it's early days yet, but events want features like signalling non-interruption, scene completion, etc. so they can do things like not conflict with PoP...

Then they could reside in a different queue, with different add/remove criteria.

Ā 

As is, I imagine you could make a "rule" that checked whether to start an event or game in its compliance test, and then fired the game off as a "punishment", but you'd need a way to hide that rule from the player (if they can ask about the rules), and a way to stop it counting towards the rule limit.

Ā 

Perhaps setting a MessageDescription of "" (empty-string) would provide a wayĀ to hide a rule?Ā But that convention isn't established (yet).

Ā 

But I'm not sure how to avoid being counted towards the rule limit. None of the boolean properties are commented as doing this. Maybe just a missing comment?

Ā 

Would make sense to assign each rule an integer property that describes its 'value', so some rules take more of the rules limit (perhaps because they are strict), and others could take less, or none.

Like Lupine00 said, the max distance between your master and yourself is pretty low.
Really low in my case

Ā 

Spoiler

1651364405_Skyrim2018110814_39_39.jpg.b01fb32227e329989c6de5d25f8d5df7.jpg

Leah punished my by giving these restraints when she was at the door and I was where I am now.
Ā 

Not sure if this is intended, but It seems it could hinder gameplay.Ā :/Ā 

Hello, a few bugs I've noticed:

• There's a bug with the Aradia gear that's was introduced in 6.4 and is still in 7.1,Ā  a silver chastity bra is equipped instead of the Aradia bra.
  • If progressive bondage is selected, a corset is always equipped, even if you set the corset weight to 0.
  • If you have no bondage gear in your inventory and get hit with a self bondage event (horny or gas trap), an armbinder is equipped.Ā  This went away for awhile but seems to have come back again.

Finally, two requests:Ā 

• I know you removed Captured Dreams integration because DD now has its own silver and gold gear, but I really liked DCL dropping or equipping the special plugs (little helpers and little devils) that mod has, so I was wondering if you could bring back limited support for CD for just the special plugs?
  • Right now it seems that plugs get added only if a chastity belt is equipped as well.Ā  Since DD no longer requires a belt for plugs, could you make it so plugs get equipped at any time?Ā  (What I would really like actually is for inflatable plug(s) to get inserted, and then you get trapped in an armbinder/yoke/etc. and then have a dilemma of trying to free your hands before the plug inflates...)
2 hours ago, jigwigigx said:

Does anyone know if chloe uses the uunp body or something by any chance as I am finding that some restraints e.g. armbinders clip on her while bound girls are ok.

My character uses cbbe curvy.

This may be down to zap. I have started a new game with zap and any mod that uses it uninstalled to see how things go.

Tried 7.1 and its still 6.4 in MCM also notification "Deviously Cursed Loot Version version 6.4 loaded" appearedĀ 

Ā 

AboutĀ XDFF first of all its would be much easier for everyone if we can just turn it on through dialogue withĀ follower - i still dont understand how can i enable it for every follower

Ā 

XDFF seems laggy for me basically i got notification about new nude rule and after that i equipped armor and nothing happened for like 5 min i teleported,waited few times and finally i got notification that i failed nude rule.

Ā 

I was hyped for XDFF and im not saying that im disappointed more like i expected something different like maria eden slavery with a lot of interactions.

Ā 

Overall i could just copyĀ Lupine00Ā post from above, he described it quite well.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i think i found the bug with terminating after sleeping:

Ā 

Correct me if i'm wrong

Ā 

SlaveryDurationDays = 0 froms tart and is increasing after every sleep

Ā 

Event OnSleepStart(float afSleepStartTime, float afDesiredSleepEndTime)
	float naplength = afDesiredSleepEndTime - afSleepStartTime	
	SlaveryDurationDays += (naplength / 24)
	SendModEvent("dcur_df_playersleeps", numarg = naplength)
EndEvent

So after a nap with a length of 1 h the VAR SlaveryDurationdays = 0.04

In the On Update Function it looks like this:

If SlaveryDurationDays != 0.0 && (EnslavedAt > 0.0) && ((Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - EnslavedAt) > SlaveryDurationDays)
		libs.notify(GetMasterName() + " releases you from slavery. You are free again!")
		EndQuest()
    EndIf

Ā 

Set Playtime as slave 2 h + 1 h sleep results in:

Ā 

The first part of the if is now allways true

Ā 

the second part evaluates after this time to 3 > 1 and results into the EndQuest

so basicly after every sleep you will get free

Ā 

As a workarround for the people here you can do the following:

Ā 

setpqv dcur_dominantfollower SlaveryDurationDays 100

Ā 

for 100 days

Ā 

Overall i like the Feature, i would like to add some stuff if it's getting stable ? to the others. I think the features is new and it has a lot of potential. I think the goal was not to create something like ME it's more like a Followermod with some features.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Here's my quick report on XDFF in version 7.1

Ā 

*snip*

Ā 

I agree with a lot of your post. Mind you that I -do- consider XDFF a work in progress, and said so from the get go. This is just the first step in a longer journey. A lot of the things you named (such as events) are actually on my to-do list for further development of XDFF. You can also expect to see some feature that allows you to check the currently active rule-set. XDFF is a fairly complex system, so I thought developing it while collecting feedback from users is the best course of action.

with xdff Leah locked my character with the prisoner chains while in a safe area (outskirts of whiterun more or less after leaving leons house) yet never removed them at any point. I even went into some bandit camps/hideouts where it shouldn't be safe and she still didn't remove them

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Ā 

I agree with a lot of your post. Mind you that I -do- consider XDFF a work in progress, and said so from the get go. This is just the first step in a longer journey. A lot of the things you named (such as events) are actually on my to-do list for further development of XDFF. You can also expect to see some feature that allows you to check the currently active rule-set. XDFF is a fairly complex system, so I thought developing it while collecting feedback from users is the best course of action.

One thought that i had for a while and might fit into this: why not use the introduction quest for Leon/leah (in the manor) as a repeatable punishment? Not as an overhaul of that quest but additionally, withĀ different dialogue and maybe a bit different tasks, but i think it would still beĀ less work than doing something similar from scratch. Dialogue wise it might even refer a bit to that night (or rather: check if you've been there before and have some minor changes?)

Although imho that shouldn't be part of a general punishment pool, rather something special but still repeatable so it can happen more than once, but not every time i make two steps too far.

5 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Hello, a few bugs I've noticed:

• There's a bug with the Aradia gear that's was introduced in 6.4 and is still in 7.1,Ā  a silver chastity bra is equipped instead of the Aradia bra.
  • If progressive bondage is selected, a corset is always equipped, even if you set the corset weight to 0.
  • If you have no bondage gear in your inventory and get hit with a self bondage event (horny or gas trap), an armbinder is equipped.Ā  This went away for awhile but seems to have come back again.

Finally, two requests:Ā 

• I know you removed Captured Dreams integration because DD now has its own silver and gold gear, but I really liked DCL dropping or equipping the special plugs (little helpers and little devils) that mod has, so I was wondering if you could bring back limited support for CD for just the special plugs?
  • Right now it seems that plugs get added only if a chastity belt is equipped as well.Ā  Since DD no longer requires a belt for plugs, could you make it so plugs get equipped at any time?Ā  (What I would really like actually is for inflatable plug(s) to get inserted, and then you get trapped in an armbinder/yoke/etc. and then have a dilemma of trying to free your hands before the plug inflates...)

"If you have no bondage gear in your inventory and get hit with a self bondage event (horny or gas trap), an armbinder is equipped.Ā  This went away for awhile but seems to have come back again."

Ā 

As far as i remember thats intended. Was not in early versions, but Kimy added, to not let your char get out that easy by this events ;)

10 minutes ago, SomeoneElse10 said:

After installing this mod and saving the game (after the mod completes the boot up),Ā then I load that save it crashes. Now i didĀ some testing and it's this modĀ  and "Milk Mod Economy" thatĀ  is causing it.Ā  I'm not sure if this is a bug or something about my load order.

This is your second post - and you already know what mod is causing your crash. You are doing good.

Narrow it down a bit for the rest of us. Remove all your mods except DCL and MME, and all the mods they require.

Try your test again and let us know if it still fails.

Not able to load a save usually means you have too much of something. Too many mods, too many strings, too many animations, or something.

Here are a couple of bugs i have experienced:

Ā 

Chloe cannot be dismissed as follower - I have to do it via concole command.

Dominant Sasha puts you in a Yoke - But not remove it after leaving the city.

Leah/Leon cannot be submitted to by talking to them - No talk options to do so.

So I'm liking the XDFF system but I'm wondering how you add a new rule script to the list of possible enforced rules. I've already scripted one but for the life of me I can't find were the list of dcur_df_baseruleĀ referencealiases are stored so new ones can be added for registrationĀ or were the actual code for theĀ "dcur_df_registerrules"Ā event is.

Ā 

Kimy could you write a quick a dirty tutorial on how to insert a new rule into the randomized list, or anyone else that might understand how to do it for that matter? Or just point my goofy ass to were the actual code for the event that actually registers all the vanilla rules is?

Ā 

Oh also I had one idea: a spell that will turn any follower into a XDFF dom. Could be something that can be added/removed fromĀ your spell book throughĀ MCM. I already coded such a spell for my personal use. Would be nice for anyone that just wants to "hack" the follower of their choice into a XDFF follower.

14 hours ago, Kimy said:

Well that's good to know.

Ā 

I did qualify everything with phrases, like it's early days yet, etc.

I'm trying to be ... constructive ... and you are getting feedback, and all is well. I hope.

Ā 

Another topic, I'm not sure how you arrived at the decision to use properties rather than functions. Presumably, there is reasoning behind it.

Ā 

While properties are easy to edit in the CK, they are harder to change in an update release (because their values are in the save), whereas if they were functions, it would be easy for scripts to be updated any time (because the 'values' are in the script file.

17 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

I was hyped for XDFF and im not saying that im disappointed more like i expected something different like maria eden slavery with a lot of interactions.

Ā 

Overall i could just copyĀ Lupine00Ā post from above, he described it quite well.Ā 

I certainly wasn't expecting ME.

Ā 

I'm not disappointed in XDFF at all. It's a solid piece of code, and makes a huge mass of spaghetti that was Leon into something modular, maintainable, and extensible.

The bugs that are showing up now are easy to find, easy to fix. That's a good sign.

XDFF means that Kimy can grow Leon, Leah and Sasha easily, easily sharing code between them, and she can, in future, add new dominant followers with minimal effort.

Ā 

It's likely that an update to DCL will let you make Actors of your choice into dominant followers (at your own risk).

Adding that would be trivial, but it's still not zero work. XDFF is still getting worked out.

Again, thanks to Kimy for giving the community something that should bring enjoyment.

If only I'd known she was doing this before I started my follower mod. But, on the up-side, having taken a different path I'm not dependent on DCL, which is a rather large install that not everyone wants all of the time. Some might have preferred it if XDFF was its own mod; I'm not sure.

Ā 

6 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

So I'm liking the XDFF system but I'm wondering how you add a new rule script to the list of possible enforced rules. I've already scripted one but for the life of me I can't find were the list of dcur_df_baseruleĀ referencealiases are stored so new ones can be added for registrationĀ or were the actual code for theĀ "dcur_df_registerrules"Ā event is.

There is actually some help in dcur_df_QuestScript.psc and more in the base class (which you clearly found).

Ā 

The core to all this is dcur_df_QuestScript. If you make a quest, and add this script, you can make your own XDFF quest that has custom dialogs; anything you like.

You'll need to put the required aliases into it - like you'll find in dcur_dominantfollower quest, and that's pretty much the bare minimum config you need to get going.

Ā 

The easy way in the CK is to replicate the aforementioned quest. You really don't want to have to fill out all those device properties again by hand!

Or you can simply change the existing dcur_dominantfollower, if your intent is also to change Leon and Leah; which will save you a bit of faffing around.

Ā 

Kimy doesn't indicate if her expected use pattern is for you to make a new quest, or modify the existing one; there are obviously cases where you might want to do one or the other.

However, I suspect that if you make a new one, you might possiblyĀ come across a bug or two that is caused by an assumed reliance on the existing quest in some way, but I think those are bugs that should be found and fixed IF they exist, as the system would be overly restrictive if you couldĀ only have one quest and one set of rules.

Ā 

Ā 

You will need to map the aliases you've created on your (new) quest into the matching properties in the dcur_df_QuestScript script.

This is obviously already done if you use the existing one.

Ā 

Ā 

The rule scripts need to be added to the Player aliasĀ in the quest, so that they can execute on the player.

Ā 

Also, the Register()Ā function in dcur_df_QuestScript can be used to register rules. So, you could have some other quest add rules into the dcur_dominantfollwer quest, if you like.

Ā 

You can have up to 125 rules (a curious number).

The registered and active rulesĀ are kept in an array - you can inspect themĀ you wish, because they'reĀ exposed as properties.
The registered rules are kept in an array property called Registry.

The active rules are in an array property calledĀ Slots.

Ā 

Slots and Registry areĀ not pre-loaded with values via their propertiesĀ - you'd be advised not to try and populate them that way;Ā they areĀ created and initialised in script by calling:Ā 

Ā 

StartQuest( masterActor )

Ā 

ThisĀ intialises the rules, both Registry and Slots to an empty state.

It sets a new master to the master alias

The master will be made into a potential follower, but not actually set as a follower; that's left to the player.

The player will get a collar. There are two collars built in normal and strict. You can set up the properties to use different collars if you make compatible collars of your own.

Ā 

A mod event "dcur_df_registerrules" is sent when rules should be registered, so other scripts, possibly on other quests, can listen and register rules at this point. The base rule quest listens for this event and registers your rule, so normally you can consider them "self registering".

Ā 

Following DRY, I believe there's a little bit of the startup that should simple be replaced with a call to the Initialize() function, and the debug check added to that function, but that's incidental. There's also a little optimisation that can be done in Register, I'm sure Kimy will spot it now I've mentioned it.

Ā 

During startup, and periodically, if there are less slotted rules than the configured limit, a new rule may be added; there's some randomness involved.

Ā 

Ā 

Now, the mod event is how you get your rules set, and it should be evident that you have no idea what other mods may have rules thatĀ hear that event and react...

Ā 

There is a small hazard here, as mods responding to the event should be sure they check the source of the event is (one of) the quest(s) they are expecting, or elseĀ rules could be added to unexpected XDFF quests, where they are not supposed to go.

Ā 

But the main thing is that with a shared resource like dcur_dominantfollower unexpected rules may very well be added there, so be defensive.

If you use your own quest, andĀ if listeners are well behaved and check the originator, you should be safe.

Ā 

However... The base rule will always blindly auto-add your rule, unless you override that functionality.

The base rule implementation doesn't check the event source, because it has no way to knowĀ what sources it shouldĀ listen to, so if you add rules for your mod/quest, and don't want them to be added to every single XDFF quest at startup, you must override the following:

Ā 

Event OnRegisterRule(string eventName, string strArg, float numArg, Form sender)Ā Ā  Ā 
Ā Ā  Ā RegisterRule()
EndEvent

Ā 

Perhaps, before this gets set in stone, Kimy could change RegisterRule() so that it takes the sender Form as a parameter, so developers who want to register selectively can override at the RegisterRule() level instead?

Ā 

It would be a little more flexible. If developers could override RegisterRule, they canĀ call the base version in their overrideĀ after filtering, whileĀ allowing non-breaking changes to the event in the base script if the framework wants to add its own filter system down the track. Right now, overriding it is no good, because you don't know the sender at that point.

Ā 

Obviously, just because you have a rule registered doesn't mean it must be used automatically. You can set the ManualRule property true, which will stop it being used at random, or you can just have the EnactRule function deactivate the rule if it's not supposed to be running.

Ā 

I think that's the gist of it. Kimy will surely correct me if I am wrong :)

Ā 

hmmm the version number in the mcm still says version 6.4 ....

and is it correct, that there are no means to adjust the new whore collar event ?

as my char is wearing it now, but there is no trace of it in the mcm...

i would like to set the likeliness of the whore collar...

Ā 

i did make a complete clean install, by the way....

On the topic of ME though ...

Ā 

As well as cursed loot events...

When Whore Collar is finally configurable, can we get it so that innkeepers will hand it out or force it on you as a result of dialog interactions?

Ā 

e.g.

PC is naked, or doesn't have money for a room, and talks to innkeeper... The following dialog is enabled.

"Please, I've lost everything and I need food and somewhere to sleep. Can you help me?"

Innkeeper snaps Whore Collar on you, rents you a room for free and gives you some food and drink.

"Of course missy. Now get to work and earn your keep. Charity is a dirty word in this establishment."

Ā 

Or...

PC is bound, and not in a quest or blockgeneric collar, attempts to talkĀ to innkeeper.

"Ah, you must be the new whore. You're late. Here's your collar...Ā Now get to work."

Collar added whether PC wanted it or not, chance configurable.

Ā 

We can then pretend the money goes to the innkeeper. There you go, ME lite!