30 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:
49 minutes ago, TapingFan said:

They are talking about Content Consumer's Alternate Starts - Sexual Content - LoversLab and should probably be posting most of the problems there.

Thanks for the answer. I thought there was a DCL quest I didn't know about.

Actually, I think they are talking about the LAL-Scenario included with cursed loot. So it would belong here.

9 hours ago, TapingFan said:

They are talking about Content Consumer's Alternate Starts - Sexual Content - LoversLab and should probably be posting most of the problems there.

No. No they aren't. We're talking about the DCL captured princess start, which is part of DCL - as LazyBoot correctly identifies.

So, Laura is from DCL. You've never met her? Well, must be time for you to go back and play that start :)

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

No. No they aren't. We're talking about the DCL captured princess start, which is part of DCL - as LazyBoot correctly identifies.

So, Laura is from DCL. You've never met her? Well, must be time for you to go back and play that start :)

I just tried to get LAL to work for 2 hours. ?

It has never correctly worked for me. But I'll keep going because I want to see what Laura does.

20 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It has never correctly worked for me. But I'll keep going because I want to see what Laura does.

I never had any problems with LAL, it doesn't seem to be too complicated? It's important that it's almost last in your load order, only the CCAS/DCUL start scenario .esp should be after it. And ofc avoid other start mods like unbound. Not sure if that's the right thread but i'm quite sure i could guide you to get it started, a load order would be helpful for a start.

*edit: i have little to no experience with NMM, though. Make sure you don't have any remains from other possible start mods in your data folder if you don't use MO.

20 hours ago, Slagblah said:

I know that there are problems with both of those that will be resolved in the next release (already fixed at the development level, just not released yet).

That's great to know, thank you. I guess I'll just turn off some of the indecency punishments until then.

2 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

This is the exact reason why i'm still using Dimes Quick Start v3 - NoHelmet. LAL generates CTD's on me almost all the time with highest priority load order (yes - last in list, at bottom). I'm not gonna turn off/on 170+ plugin/masters mod setup in Mod Organizer - just to see which one is not compatible. I have done it already too many times for other mods... Anyway with Dimes Quickstart i could have it at the beggining of my load order... I have try that - and still works fine for me with no CTD's. However i play in window mode with no windows frame around skyrim - so my [ Tab ] don't work on massageboxes. It might be the reason with LAL. It is not recommended to play also that way by ENBoost, but i was learning how to use MO, was testing many mods configuration - encountered so many CTD's. And Skyrim hangs a lot when not configured properly for that.

Now it is funny becouse Windows Operating Systems don't "kill" the skyrim process instantly. This is old game so i bellieve have got no functionality - to unfreeze itself and quit. Also modern Windowses are so polite to friendly asking any process to quit (Gah! Windows!), and without actually quitting it. Also Skyrim blocks [ Alt ] + [ Tab ] functionallity of Windows - so if u play fullscreen - you end up in freezed Skyrim. And it don't want to quit process itself... So i left it that way to play windowed mode. Even if i have no freezes - better to play that way becouse you never know when it will happen...

I found out that there is a script replacing a vanilla script which probably interferes with LAL.

The problem is that it is from a mod I installed early 2013 and I can't trace all the way back. So I can't see which mod it is.

Starting from scratch just to see what a character with my name does is a bit too much. Also becasue I don't want to start from vanilla again.

But I don't know of a way to check which mod interacts with a certain script/quest.

That could help to find the troublesome mod. If you do, please let me know.

2 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

But I don't know of a way to check which mod interacts with a certain script/quest.

Yeah... It's not easy. Only one way to confirm that i think of would be to search deep into "Papyrous.X.log". Now i think of a one way to do that. Actually might be the only one. What need to be done...

Add to "Skyrim.ini" file located in  "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim" section:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Please also add it same way - but throught yours Mod Organizer version! Skyrim Mod Organizer keeps "cloned" versions of files: Skyrim.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini. They are accessible by SMO menu:

image.png.2fd0fc0b93207a297c049ba07d6c5320.png

image.png.a102460de3f6bc1f9d2e34b5adc76e8e.png

Clear/delete/move your existing "Papyrous.log" files if u have any (should have four of them) from "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script". This Log files gonna be generated if nonexistent, after next launching Skyrim. After cleaning - start a New Game with by your Mod Organizer (or do it by executing "skse_loader.exe" from game default folder where "TESV.exe" is located).

Start it with LAL installed and placed last - at the bottom of your load order (don't use LOOT - it's crapp for advanced users, messes many things up). And don't mind if it crashes - that's the point to create new log's after crash.

In a next step - you don't start skyrim again! First you need to view your log! Crash should be registered by game in "Papyrous.0.log". There are millions of things that could be registered there... You will have two options now. Either you post a log here - giving up your privacy - and we could begin to search in the internet how to help you. Or you do it by yourself (in my opinion - preffered one solution - to do it by yourself).

Remember that in a trace log - everything is saved - also the info about mods you have and were started by the game...

Also keep in mind that this is papyrous solution. If you have Mod Organizer you can search it other way:

image.png.706494f45af94452e8870eaae4e6c95c.png

And try to find conflicting files:

image.thumb.png.2b8e524662ee7f8c73fa4dc834af85af.png

Wish you luck! ?

P.S.: Damnit! I have done another Batman-wall post again!

1 hour ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I found out that there is a script replacing a vanilla script which probably interferes with LAL.

The problem is that it is from a mod I installed early 2013 and I can't trace all the way back. So I can't see which mod it is.

Starting from scratch just to see what a character with my name does is a bit too much. Also becasue I don't want to start from vanilla again.

If you're using MO you can 

- check which file exactly is overwritten by another mod, if it's the case

- just start a new profile, play the start scenario (+ possibly other mods you want to try which don't fit into your current setup) and then go back to your old profile.

I don't know any better way to try things you'd like to see but not really add to your main game.

Laura herself is of only minor interest, but the start is well worth playing as a whole.

I have almost no problems with LAL, but then I only have 120 or so mods in my LO (and many of them are just followers and armors), and I rebuild my entire LO pretty much every month, if not more often, because I like to strip back stuff I'm not really getting value from whenever possible.

Sometimes I use Skyrim Unbound instead of LAL.

My only complaint with LAL, is that in some cases a bunch of vanilla quests won't start or books won't work. I think this seems more related to certain LAL scenarios than the LO. I've started with LAL and had everything work perfectly.

I think only once did I run into an incompatibility with LAL. I forget the mod, something to do with carriages possibly. LAL stayed, the other mod got dumped. TBH, LAL is fine with Balanced Magic too. Dimes' handling of Helgen seems extremely shaky compared to LAL or Unbound, and Unbound has other nice features so you don't need You are not the Dragonborn or In Your Shadow, which I think are quite fitting mods for a DCL influenced game, especially Slaverun, or something with SL Survival and DF (I also like Don't call me Dragonborn). LAL will even work with Helgen Reborn, not sure about Dimes.

Knowing file overwrites doesn't help find the source of a script. You could try grepping sources, but you might not have the source installed.

Binary search by LO elimination on a 127 mod LO should find your problem mod in at most seven tries anyway. Anything over that you're using merges, so you'll be able to track it to the merge.

15 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Knowing file overwrites doesn't help find the source of a script. You could try grepping sources, but you might not have the source installed.

Binary search on a 127 mod LO should find your problem mod in at most seven tries anyway. Anything over that you're using merges, so you'll be able to track it to the merge.

Yes thats right. I would only advice that for starters the option is to view the readme files of this mods and search for Compatibility list. "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" has got the Readme file inside the installer - known to have some uncompatibility with SoS and vanilla type start also many others.

"Content Consumer's Alternate Starts v14d" has got a forum here on loverslab - which should be searched for Compatibility list. From forum:

• If you're using Mod Organizer or another mod manager, that might be the cause of some issues. I recommend manually installing just to be on the safe side.
I have a problem with shopping quest, I have a running quest that I can not finish, I'm supposed to "shop" at the blacksmith and at a temple shop but no matter how many times I do it, there is no progress in the quest, I can cancel it also not and therefore I can not get a new shopping quest. in the console the quest under "ShowQuestTargets" was not listed

please help!:(

17 hours ago, piotsze said:

"Content Consumer's Alternate Starts v14d" has got a forum here on loverslab - which should be searched for Compatibility list. From forum:

• If you're using Mod Organizer or another mod manager, that might be the cause of some issues. I recommend manually installing just to be on the safe side.

Not quite sure what Content Consumer's specific issues with LAL would have to do with it, as the CC LAL scenarios are different to the DCL one, but the advice about manual install runs counter to the advice of the majority of mod authors. I'm really surprised to see anyone recommending manual installation, as it is probably one of the top causes of errors for new users. "Manual installation" into a MO setup is nonsensical anyway, so it really doesn't seem like advice I'd recommend. It's far more likely that people who have LAL issues installed manually and sorted wrong. One thing LOOT is obsessive over is that LAL needs to come super-super late in your LO, after anything but a Bashed Patch or a LAL addon, generally.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Not quite sure what Content Consumer's specific issues with LAL would have to do with it, as the CC LAL scenarios are different to the DCL one, but the advice about manual install runs counter to the advice of the majority of mod authors. I'm really surprised to see anyone recommending manual installation, as it is probably one of the top causes of errors for new users. "Manual installation" into a MO setup is nonsensical anyway, so it really doesn't seem like advice I'd recommend. It's far more likely that people who have LAL issues installed manually and sorted wrong. One thing LOOT is obsessive over is that LAL needs to come super-super late in your LO, after anything but a Bashed Patch or a LAL addon, generally.

Dude, this was on main paige of mod actually - do you bellieve that, no? Go to and see for yourself - in section Known bugs, mod conflicts, and troubleshooting tips:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2836-content-consumers-alternate-starts/

I think that he/she wasn't talking/advicing "manually" by bypassing MO type install and simply going through drag & drop file method into "..\Mod Organizer\mods". As i see it and when i see that somebody is actually urging you to install "manually" - they probably mean not to use MO at all and just install it into "Skyrim" folder...

It would be great to have some list of incompatible mods anyway. I couldn't find it in a one single post. It would be so helpfull and save a lot of time. For me - like one month of testing, but it would laso make me dumber anyway - to simply go with the only one right instruction - and don't to know how to fix-it-for-yourself. For today - for me it is simple - if not working - remove it.

But anyways only one possible "mods" i think that of now which ones are not making any problems (yet) would be Texture & Sound replacers. Could overlap each other also if to many. ?

If I was going to justify it myself, I'd guess he wrote it years ago, before MO even existed, and when NMM was so buggy it was worthless.

Nothing else makes sense to me. In any case, CC's notes for his addons have no bearing on LAL itself.

In the current modding environment, it's plain old bad advice. Just because a mod author wrote it once, doesn't change that.

Maybe it was good advice at the time, but it's not good now.

MO woes (user errors) always proceed from mods that need to write new or modified files, and LAL is just a regular mod that doesn't write anything special out to the file system. Even if you get the mod file overwrite order wrong (left pane) you can fix it in an instant. Good luck doing that with a manual install or NMM. Sorting is via LOOT, just like manual or NMM. The MO installer is more robust than the NMM one, and the LAL install is quite trivial. There is no reason at all to suggest LAL or CC's LAL extensions (which I also used with MO occasionally) are incompatible with MO.

I use LAL exclusively with MO, and it has not one single MO related issue. It installs fine, it runs fine, it is fine. In MO.

So does Skyrim Unbound for that matter (and it does write files).

In MO, unmanaged mods installed direct into Skyrim folder that aren't native DLLs loaded before SKSE start are not a win at all, there is no reason to do it. Not even SKSE plugin DLLs need to be installed directly into Skyrim.

As for actual issues with LAL, it should be fine with any mod that doesn't put scripts on the player or modifies player scripts. Some really old mods do this. Very few newer mods do. So think about that. Do you have an ancient mod that messes with the player object?

Thinking back, I now remember the mod that blew up for me with LAL ... it was Maria Eden. Of course it was! Maria Eden has its own quick start built-in.

I should imagine the chances of anybody using it with DCL are pretty low anyway, so I can't contribute any more than that.

6 hours ago, AnnaShapard said:
I have a problem with shopping quest, I have a running quest that I can not finish, I'm supposed to "shop" at the blacksmith and at a temple shop but no matter how many times I do it, there is no progress in the quest, I can cancel it also not and therefore I can not get a new shopping quest. in the console the quest under "ShowQuestTargets" was not listed

Yo! Welcome into the club. Before proceeding further - make a save (not a quicksave) - in case you need to reload. I uninstalled DCUR but anyways the method to manually end quest would be simple. In a console type:

help "DCUR_"

And press [enter] to execute.

Search in console (scroll being inside in consol by PgUp / PgDown). Locate any "QUST: " lines given by console, locate something like "shopping" or "shop" than you need to end the quest, by console command:

setstage DCUR_nameofshoppingquest 10

or any number at the end instead 10 that actually sets the quest to closed. I don't know the number - never need to do that. Search the quest name by yourself! Don't just copy paste my command - it's not gonna work (as in above). This is an example.

OK - read an instruction how to use the Skyrim Console to get past broken quests on the PC.

Go to Wiki to learn more about console commands - very helpfull:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)

From Wiki: 

setstage <quest id> <stage value> Used to set the quest stage (Useful for bugged quests).

HINT: Don't setstage at any point the Hermaeus Mora vanilla related quest - this is serious. And will brake your game.

24 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Thinking back, I now remember the mod that blew up for me with LAL ... it was Maria Eden. Of course it was! Maria Eden has its own quick start built-in.

I should imagine the chances of anybody using it with DCL are pretty low anyway, so I can't contribute any more than that.

Hey! Thanks for sharing that knowledge! Actually i have learned something from that. Damn - really! Wow!

Maria Eden - geeeeeez. It could be so good mod if somebody would develop it being compatible for nowadays other mods. It really was fun to play with it. Well - just to run it couple of times i ended up with disabling almost all (or all?) DD mods... Well it had those "kneeling", "open mouth" keyboard shortcuts - when solicitating yourself. Offcourse i was dumb enough to change Skyrim System default keyboard shortcuts. Well i removed "Esc" shortcuts to semething else - and couldn't invoke Skyrim menu - forgot what was the shortcut...

Actually could you maybe help out if you know and tell - where keyboard shortcuts are saved? Are they assigned straight to a savegame or should be in Skyrim.ini ? (Skyrim default ones)

9 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

How does the bound Queen quest works? I have a very small chance to find a note about her in a boss chest, right? This note only appears in dungeons or in other locations like bandit camps and caves too?

There's a chance to find the note (or book, it's been a while) in a boss chest. I think bandit caves also count as long as they have a boss chest.

22 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

How does the bound Queen quest works? I have a very small chance to find a note about her in a boss chest, right? This note only appears in dungeons or in other locations like bandit camps and caves too?

Hi man! Yeah - its not a note - it's a Book. You start it by reading - dont remember exact name, somethin like "On Bound Queen story". Than you start whole story quest by going to Jullius - he is in Arcaneum in Winterhold mages guild. (He sticks in library) You need to impress Faralda to gain access first (cast some spell at the round circle on ground before her - it's a random demand from her and random spell from your already known spells, could be Fire Attronach, Magelight, anything...).

HINT: Don't bypass it by using your Speech option - it broke some other mods quest with my setup - and i bellieve it was SLEN (SexLab Eager NPC's) or Amorous Adventures.

Aha - hear my advice - at the table where Orc is - the Librarian - there is placed key with a note - something about Forbidden Knowledge - THIS IS A LEFTOVER. Some time ago i bellieve in version 3.3 or 3.0 there was a quest in Deviously Cursed Loot mod called "The Forbidden Knowlege" - which was cutout from mod by removing pex script. This quest is no longer available - Orc will not put you in restraint's anymore and you are not sent to anywhere. IT IS A LEFTOVER.

Some guy actually made a walkthrough at youtube - it's from year 2013/2014 - but today it's not gonna work anymore becouse this content is cutt out from DCUR.

Edit: Odly enough - seems to be true. My thanks go to JuliusXX for finding this reply and clearing things up! Maybe in next release! 

@piotsze,

Your information regarding the quests that used to be contained in Devious Devices (the Forbidden Bookshelf and Sergius quests) is incorrect;  those quests are *not* removed from the game, the bookshelf still exists, the quests are still there, and the key is still useful.  The quests have been moved to a different file location (I can't recall specifically and don't want to take the time to look).

My comments relate to Devious Cursed Loot version 6.4, Devious Devices version 4.x.

19 hours ago, Rynnes Master said:

@piotsze,

Your information regarding the quests that used to be contained in Devious Devices (the Forbidden Bookshelf and Sergius quests) is incorrect;  those quests are *not* removed

Pardon me. So i was wrong... Maybe someone could help to point to a direction into the quest? Becouse taking book actually don't start any entry in journal for me, hmm

Edit: Odly enough - seems to be true. My thanks go to JuliusXX for finding this reply and clearing things up! Maybe in next release! 

11 hours ago, AnnaShapard said:

Because it's a radiant quest with no markers.  I thought about adding them my self since it can be hard to tell what the script will pick for the objectives if u run heavy city editing mods, but the radiant quest system gave me a headache.

13 hours ago, piotsze said:

Actually could you maybe help out if you know and tell - where keyboard shortcuts are saved? Are they assigned straight to a savegame or should be in Skyrim.ini ? (Skyrim default ones)

Skyrim stores the control mappings in binary format, so it's not easy to edit. However, you can reset them to default easily...

http://www.gamesas.com/remapping-controls-outside-the-game-t358995.html