I play now with Sasha as dominant follower for a while and must say, she's just great, guess she learned a lot from her Mother.

She is by far the best dominant follower to date, if you wanna play an halfway "normal Skyrim" - She bind you, release you, is demanding and in control - But you always have your freedom to explore, do quests. So for regular gameplay she gives the right amount of kink to the game.

But though there are two things which could use some overhauls.

- Keyholder:

She agree to hold your key, but also release you way to easy. When it's about time to release the PC, she should make the suggestiion to agree wearing her collar instead of the chastity belt -> Changing Sasha to Dominant Follower.

- Dominant follower:

Where is the fun that she release you on demand?

My suggestion would be here that as soon the player has her collar it should be very hard to get out (buy out by 100.000 Gold? Doing a gambling game with her? PC must agree to become a slave for the Dollmaker?).

Anyways just a few suggestions.

Overall, the whole mod is just great.

Thank you Kimi :smile:

Edit - There seems to be a issue with the Devious Follower mod.

Sasha's Key can be among the items wich get taken to the items the follower take and sell to the npc. I only noticed as Sasha was spamming the question if i found the Key to her belt yet. I created a new one, but she did not stop to ask for her Key.

57 minutes ago, Sarfin said:

Edit - There seems to be a issue with the Devious Follower mod.

Isn't that a problem with Devious Followers and not DCL?

It should not remove anything with key in the name. Some crucial vanilla keys are NOT flagged as quest items.

3 hours ago, Clockwinding said:

from memory the special keys are used for belt of mysogny, "slave" items, rubber suit event, exhibitionnist items, damsel in distress quest, and heavy yoke. The rest uses standard/own quest.

I think there are many more than that. You probably have high-security items disabled.

4 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Isn't that a problem with Devious Followers and not DCL?

It should not remove anything with key in the name. Some crucial vanilla keys are NOT flagged as quest items.

I agree - I just thought i also inform the creator of this Mod - So Kimi can add a warning to the Mod for now, that the keys can be stolen and sold by the follower, if they use DCL with DF - But i also wanted to post it in the DF thread. :smile:

This may of been asked before, but would it be reasonable to add an option for slut/slavery collars to forcefully remove your characters armor and prevent the ability to equip armor? I know there is a setting that whenever an event goes off, your character will undress. The problem is, I use a mod that auto equips armor depending on situations. If there was an option that prevented me from being able to equip armor while I have a collar equipped, those mods would not automatically equip me with armor. 

Loving the mod, and thanks for all the work you've put into it!

53 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I think there are many more than that. You probably have high-security items disabled.

wait what? i've never ever removed a high security restraint with bodyparts keys. always at the blacksmith ("can you remove these high security restraints?"). There's even a specific key for those items (high security restraints key, only available via the blacksmith dialogue, added to the PC to remove the restraints then removed), so why would the rare keys work for it? 

4 hours ago, Clockwinding said:

restraints : right

chastity : don't forget the bra

body :  belt/corset/suit/harness/plug/bra

leg :  but cuffs/boots/ankles

head :  gag/blindfold/collar/hood

arm :  gloves/cuffs/wrist (armbinder, yoke...)

high security needs a blacksmith.

some quest DCL items have their own release without keys (rubber doll, cursed collar, leon, sasha...)

from memory the special keys are used for belt of mysogny, "slave" items, rubber suit event, exhibitionnist items, damsel in distress quest, and heavy yoke. The rest uses standard/own quest.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

They're a generic restraint key that fits all basic/vanilla DD restraints that aren't chastity belts.

Restraints Key - opens all basic DD restraints such as cuffs, shackles, collars, blindfolds, gags, etc.

Chastity Key - opens basic chastity belts.

Body Restraints Key - opens high-security versions of restraints on the "body", such as chastity belt, corset. Opens the dreaded Belt of Misogyny.

Leg Restraints Key - opens high-security versions of restraints on legs and ankles.

Head Restraints Key - opens high-security gags, blindfolds.

Arm Restrains Key - open high-security cuffs, armbinders, etc.

Some items require multiple keys, of multiple types.

If there's a high-security harness, I think it should used body restraint, but I'm not sure there is a high-security harness.

Thanks. Doing the Damsel in Distress questline and trying to figure out what all of these keys do

2 hours ago, Sarfin said:

- Dominant follower:

Where is the fun that she release you on demand?

There's a (somewhat) hidden setting you can enable that removes that option.

Spoiler

You need to use the console to set the global "dcur_sasha_dom_hardcore" to 1.

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Ha ha.

You do realize that...

I have an ongoing post chain on this, months old now, on the CD page, where I determined that the supposed magical fix for this does not fix it 100%, and I have a sneaking suspicion that you've posted in relation to it.

The rate edit merely reduces the incidence of the problem. I can grep those rate limits from a 32-bit shell running on the MO file system and show they're all 255, and yet... I still see stretching, and I still get NPCs that vanish. Even on a brand-new game. Just less of them. But I was still being ganked by invisible NPCs in a game as new as level 8.

So, if you have an actual fix for it. I really want to know!

Anybody reading, please don't propose that dodgy DLL that even the author disowned. It does nothing to stop it, just makes your game crash as soon as you get a stretched NPC.

There is only one true fix that I know for this, and it involves removing HDT physics plugin and running a BBP body. The downside of this is that physics on DD items also gets thrown out with that bathwater, and you have broken - default position - leg chains and such. Also, there seems to be an issue with SLIF and BBP bodies (but not outfits).

I had that setup in my last game, but the issues with SLIF and DD made me go back to HDT, and see if having the rate values fixed before the game ever started might fix it.

It didn't.

I tried things like re-downloading the HDT plugin, and other acts of desperation. It still happens. It never happened when I had a sluggish old AMD 295X2, which couldn't hold 60FPS to save its life, and it happens unstoppably with my nVidia 1080GTX Ti stupid-factory-overclock-bullshit that holds 60FPS effortlessly.

If I was going to guess, frame-rate deviations actually help mitigate this bug rather than make it worse.

Did you check ALL the XML files for HDT or just the one main one? 

26 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Did you check ALL the XML files for HDT or just the one main one? 

I guess you just quoted my post, you didn't read it.

I'll requote that part (as quoted, by you).

26 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

The rate edit merely reduces the incidence of the problem. I can grep those rate limits from a 32-bit shell running on the MO file system and show they're all 255, and yet... I still see stretching, and I still get NPCs that vanish. Even on a brand-new game. Just less of them. But I was still being ganked by invisible NPCs in a game as new as level 8.

5 hours ago, Clockwinding said:

high security needs a blacksmith.

some quest DCL items have their own release without keys (rubber doll, cursed collar, leon, sasha...

Many items are described as "high security" when you inspect them carefully.

High security yokes require a blacksmith - the others use rare keys - for example, there are armbinders that require rare keys, and armbinders that require a restraint key.

Perhaps there is some secret pact that agreed that only yokes can be high security and I didn't get the memo. I just go by the descriptions of the items in the game.

What do you suppose the difference between them is?

One requires a rare key (or multiple rare keys), the other a single common key.

20 hours ago, Psalam said:

Thank you once again but the "255" setting was already there (I don't know why it was the first time I've ever been inside that file).

I think Waxen quoted the wrong post earlier, but the 255 "fix" needs to be done on all the xml files that you want to have more stability.  So for instance if you use HDT hair and armor as well, each of those items will have its own HDT file that may have values inside that are not 255. 

My layman's understanding is that the stretching to infinity and invisible NPCs usually happens when HDT objects break the "speed limit" (often after loading in from a cell transition) and the engine gives up on rendering them.  Setting them to 255 basically gives them no speed limit, so you have more of a chance that they will calm down instead of spazzing out and causing invisibility.

The issue with doing this to stuff like the DD Heretical items is that:

- there are a *lot* of xml files for all the chains - I count 17 individual .xml files related to all the different lengths and styles of chains and bindings in the DDX files alone.

- most of the xml files are trying to simulate heavy chains, and that means the max speed limiters are actually somewhat important for the looks of the items.  They will work at 255 and be less likely to stretch into invisibility, but they will likely look more like ropes than heavy metal chains.

Basically my approach was to do the 255 fix on some of the most common items I'd get from Cursed Loot - the leg shackles and the bell/sign plugs.  The other items are quite rare, so I didn't feel the need to mod them for stability since NPCs will almost never be using them in my game.  The *fix* is much more important to be used on body or accessory xml files - there was a follower recenty that I installed that had 4/5 HDT piercings and hair equipped on her that was 100% invisible in my game until I 255'd all of the xmls she used.  Since I did that I've never had her go invisible again.

Just to quote the original post I saved for my own memory that may help some people as to how to do the edit (don't remember who the original poster was, but he's saved alot of peeps over the years):

Hi, you can try this. It works for me.

Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparamname="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer.

If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens. I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. 

Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

8 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

High security yokes require a blacksmith - the others use rare keys - for example, there are armbinders that require rare keys, and armbinders that require a restraint key.

Perhaps there is some secret pact that agreed that only yokes can be high security and I didn't get the memo. I just go by the descriptions of the items in the game.

I believe they are referring to the actual "High Security Restraints" set:

High Security Restraints

These custom restraints are made of the best steel available and there is no way to escape from them by force. They also feature custom high security locks impossible to pick or unlock with standard keys. When you're unlucky enough to get locked in one of these devices, you might need to look for experienced help to get out of them! And bring some cash, for experienced help tends not to be cheap! You can find these new items in chest and dead bodies all over Skyrim.

These items AFAIK are only unlockable by a blacksmith (they use an un-obtainable "High Security Restraints Key").  The set includes other items such as a gag, harness and collar ect.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I guess you just quoted my post, you didn't read it.

I'll requote that part (as quoted, by you).

I read your post and while it hinted the possibility but didn't explicitly state that you got all the files I have to make the assumption you didn't.  And I still have to assume you may have missed some because of case matching because you didn't say you did a case independent search though I would certainly hope you would have.

Of course if someone were to fix the HDT code to not cause those problems in the first place it would be better but i think the HDT author is no longer around so we have to live with what we have as best we can or as you seem to have decided, do without it and that is also a valid option.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

as said above, i'm talking about the specifically named "high security X" where X can be cuffs/boots/gag/harness... items, not the description of the item given when selecting the "examine restraint" option, which shows for pretty much every non-standard device.

4 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I think Waxen quoted the wrong post earlier, but the 255 "fix" needs to be done on all the xml files that you want to have more stability.  So for instance if you use HDT hair and armor as well, each of those items will have its own HDT file that may have values inside that are not 255. 

My layman's understanding is that the stretching to infinity and invisible NPCs usually happens when HDT objects break the "speed limit" (often after loading in from a cell transition) and the engine gives up on rendering them.  Setting them to 255 basically gives them no speed limit, so you have more of a chance that they will calm down instead of spazzing out and causing invisibility.

The issue with doing this to stuff like the DD Heretical items is that:

- there are a *lot* of xml files for all the chains - I count 17 individual .xml files related to all the different lengths and styles of chains and bindings in the DDX files alone.

- most of the xml files are trying to simulate heavy chains, and that means the max speed limiters are actually somewhat important for the looks of the items.  They will work at 255 and be less likely to stretch into invisibility, but they will likely look more like ropes than heavy metal chains.

Basically my approach was to do the 255 fix on some of the most common items I'd get from Cursed Loot - the leg shackles and the bell/sign plugs.  The other items are quite rare, so I didn't feel the need to mod them for stability since NPCs will almost never be using them in my game.  The *fix* is much more important to be used on body or accessory xml files - there was a follower recenty that I installed that had 4/5 HDT piercings and hair equipped on her that was 100% invisible in my game until I 255'd all of the xmls she used.  Since I did that I've never had her go invisible again.

Just to quote the original post I saved for my own memory that may help some people as to how to do the edit (don't remember who the original poster was, but he's saved alot of peeps over the years):

This is a very interesting series of posts;  I've experienced the stretching into infinity of some armors and clothing, particularly near Whiterun (almost the center of the map) and the occasional invisible HDT equiped character.  I've never run across a discussion on this topic before, so it comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

Based on what you've said, I did a quick check of my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file settings (my mods folder contains five such files) and they all had the relevant settings set to 255.  I did a quick search of all files in my mods folder for an .xml extension and there are 547 of them.  Randomly opening several and searching for the linear velocity settings, many are 255, others are something else.  The files are included in armor mods, hair mods, clothing mods, backpacks, lanterns, and so on.

Is your suggestion to change the two linear velocity settings to 255 on all of them, i.e., in all categories, not only armor and clothing?

33 minutes ago, Rynnes Master said:

This is a very interesting series of posts;  I've experienced the stretching into infinity of some armors and clothing, particularly near Whiterun (almost the center of the map) and the occasional invisible HDT equiped character.  I've never run across a discussion on this topic before, so it comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

Based on what you've said, I did a quick check of my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file settings (my mods folder contains five such files) and they all had the relevant settings set to 255.  I did a quick search of all files in my mods folder for an .xml extension and there are 547 of them.  Randomly opening several and searching for the linear velocity settings, many are 255, others are something else.  The files are included in armor mods, hair mods, clothing mods, backpacks, lanterns, and so on.

Is your suggestion to change the two linear velocity settings to 255 on all of them, i.e., in all categories, not only armor and clothing?

If you wanted to maximize stability pretty much yes for files that enable HDT - powershell scripts seem to be one of the ways people do it en-mass but that might be a blunt approach.  Some items that have purposely very low max velocities may look weird once changed to 255 (example - the very long ball+chain Heretical Resource items don't act "heavy" if you change their values to 255 from the default 90ish, they act more like tying a soccer ball to the character's leg). 

However, note that not all of those 547 .xml files will be related to bounce and benefit from the fix - they will also include all of your files that enable collisions for things like hands/schlongs ect.  Those aren't related to the stretching problem.

I'd personally suggest first manually changing the files related to stuff you actually use a lot in game atm, so HDT armor/accessories/hair ect that you actually use or see in-game.  If you notice a big improvement, you can decide if you want to go all out or keep being selective.  Prioritize items that NPCs are likely to be wearing, since the problem is more common on NPCs than the PC, and stuff your PC is likely to be wearing fairly often.  I wouldn't change every hair XML if you only actually use 2/3 of them in a playthrough. 

8 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

If you wanted to maximize stability pretty much yes for files that enable HDT - powershell scripts seem to be one of the ways people do it en-mass but that might be a blunt approach.  Some items that have purposely very low max velocities may look weird once changed to 255 (example - the very long ball+chain Heretical Resource items don't act "heavy" if you change their values to 255 from the default 90ish, they act more like tying a soccer ball to the character's leg). 

However, note that not all, or even most, of those 547 .xml files will be related to bounce and benefit from the fix - they will also include all of your files that enable collisions for things like hands/schlongs ect.  Those aren't related to the stretching problem.

I'd personally suggest first manually changing the files related to stuff you actually use a lot in game atm, so HDT armor/accessories/hair ect that you actually use or see in-game.  If you notice a big improvement, you can decide if you want to go all out or keep being selective.  Prioritize items that NPCs are likely to be wearing, since the problem is more common on NPCs than the PC, and stuff your PC is likely to be wearing fairly often.  I wouldn't change every hair XML if you only actually use 2/3 of them in a playthrough. 

Excellent sounding advice.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

I read your post and while it hinted the possibility but didn't explicitly state that you got all the files I have to make the assumption you didn't.  And I still have to assume you may have missed some because of case matching because you didn't say you did a case independent search though I would certainly hope you would have

If you think that's just a HINT maybe you do not understand grep? If grep does not match it, neither will the XML parser.

It is a conclusive statement of fact that every instance of those variables was 255 within the context of the MO file system. How hard is that to understand?

The only possibility is that someone, I, and only I, from a fairly vanilla install of the mods, have a setup where that rate IS NOT SPECIFIED AT ALL and is using a default.

I'm tired of this group-think that the rate fix works infallibly. It has never been proved. It's just a dogpile of "wow, me too" from people who probably didn't play that many hours.

I've seen QA sign off real bugs as fixed, when they weren't ... simply because they thought something had been changed.

This is just the same thing, except the QA are mostly amateurs.

That's the thing with intermittent problems. People misinterpret a streak in the intermittency as a fix. It's like believing that because every time you flipped a particular coin it came up heads, it can only come up heads. It's not proof, it's faith.

How can you prove the disappearance bug is fixed? You cannot prove it at all.

It's theoretically impossible to prove absence of a complex bug of this kind. Did you write a unit test for it? No. You didn't. You can't.

Maybe, with recourse to the Havok source, you could make a case; but Havok's resolver is quite complex, and Skyrim piles other complexity on top of that. There may always be failure modes you've missed.

What you can see, is when it fails, and you won't see that every time it fails, only in some cases.

What if the fix simply makes those cases rarer?

Think about this for a minute. How do you know there aren't invisible NPCs walking around in your game?

You don't have any missing named NPCs?

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

Did you check every single one?

Maybe you did. You checked that not even a single named NPC is invisible.

So now, what if the invisible NPC is one that's added by a mod? Or a generic bandit? Or a random vampire?

How would you ever know?

You wouldn't.

Not unless you happened to hit the jackpot and end up fighting that NPC yourself.

There are many ways that NPC could get killed without you even knowing it existed. Maybe a follower kills it? Maybe it dies in a fireball?

Or maybe you just never go to that place again after spawning it, and it gets cleared in cell reset. Or it's transient to start with.

I agree that the rate change appears to reduce the incidence of this issue, but it does not entirely eliminate it, and I'm not surprised.

The values are being changed from 127 to 255. There's a big difference between (almost) doubling a value and making it limitless.

I should think that in most cases the game is playable with the fix in. You might get unlucky, as I did, and be attacked by an invisible bandit chief. It was annoying, but it doesn't happen often enough that I can't live with it. However, this problem typically escalates with game age, so I expect it to get worse, not better. When quest NPCs go missing, or food vendors, it really gets to be a pain. If you're not seeing that, maybe it's working "well enough" for you. I'm still on the fence as to that.

In any case, please stop making your repeated assertions that I can't edit a few little XML files when you lack the attentiveness to read the detail in posts.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you think that's just a HINT maybe you do not understand grep? If grep does not match it, neither will the XML parser.

It is a conclusive statement of fact that every instance of those variables was 255 within the context of the MO file system. How hard is that to understand?

The only possibility is that someone, I, and only I, from a fairly vanilla install of the mods, have a setup where that rate IS NOT SPECIFIED AT ALL and is using a default.

I'm tired of this group-think that the rate fix works infallibly. It has never been proved. It's just a dogpile of "wow, me too" from people who probably didn't play that many hours.

I've seen QA sign off real bugs as fixed, when they weren't ... simply because they thought something had been changed.

This is just the same thing, except the QA are mostly amateurs.

That's the thing with intermittent problems. People misinterpret a streak in the intermittency as a fix. It's like believing that because every time you flipped a particular coin it came up heads, it can only come up heads. It's not proof, it's faith.

How can you prove the disappearance bug is fixed? You cannot prove it at all.

It's theoretically impossible to prove absence of a complex bug of this kind. Did you write a unit test for it? No. You didn't. You can't.

Maybe, with recourse to the Havok source, you could make a case; but Havok's resolver is quite complex, and Skyrim piles other complexity on top of that. There may always be failure modes you've missed.

What you can see, is when it fails, and you won't see that every time it fails, only in some cases.

What if the fix simply makes those cases rarer?

Think about this for a minute. How do you know there aren't invisible NPCs walking around in your game?

You don't have any missing named NPCs?

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

Did you check every single one?

Maybe you did. You checked that not even a single named NPC is invisible.

So now, what if the invisible NPC is one that's added by a mod? Or a generic bandit? Or a random vampire?

How would you ever know?

You wouldn't.

Not unless you happened to hit the jackpot and end up fighting that NPC yourself.

There are many ways that NPC could get killed without you even knowing it existed. Maybe a follower kills it? Maybe it dies in a fireball?

Or maybe you just never go to that place again after spawning it, and it gets cleared in cell reset. Or it's transient to start with.

I agree that the rate change appears to reduce the incidence of this issue, but it does not entirely eliminate it, and I'm not surprised.

The values are being changed from 127 to 255. There's a big difference between (almost) doubling a value and making it limitless.

I should think that in most cases the game is playable with the fix in. You might get unlucky, as I did, and be attacked by an invisible bandit chief. It was annoying, but it doesn't happen often enough that I can't live with it. However, this problem typically escalates with game age, so I expect it to get worse, not better. When quest NPCs go missing, or food vendors, it really gets to be a pain. If you're not seeing that, maybe it's working "well enough" for you. I'm still on the fence as to that.

In any case, please stop making your repeated assertions that I can't edit a few little XML files when you lack the attentiveness to read the detail in posts.

My 5 cents to the discussion. I had a lot of these issues because I use a lot of armor and clothing mods with HDT. After I made the change in all my body and armor mods the amount of problems has been 0. So my conclusion is that it works, at least for me.

18 minutes ago, JuliusXX said:

My 5 cents to the discussion. I had a lot of these issues because I use a lot of armor and clothing mods with HDT. After I made the change in all my body and armor mods the amount of problems has been 0. So my conclusion is that it works, at least for me.

The cavil here is that because one person does not see a person, or a hundred do not see a problem, it does not mean the problem cannot manifest.

It might have happened for them, and they simply might not have noticed it due to circumstances, or,

it might not have happened for them yet, but could if they played another 800 hours, and,

it might happen for some people a lot sooner than that, and,

it might well depend on other variables like frame-rate, particular armor designs, CPU speed, single-thread loading hack, etc.

So simply announcing, as if it were definitively proved that this is a fix, and that anyone who it doesn't work for did it wrong, is incorrect - which is the most polite way I can put it.