6 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Well then there's your answer.  Check the animations available in the Sexlab Framework, you may have disabled all the aggressive ones or something like that.

All the aggressive animations are enabled. It still did not work.
Perhaps Cursed Loot is not working with Sexlab at all?

18 minutes ago, LucentShard said:

All the aggressive animations are enabled. It still did not work.
Perhaps Cursed Loot is not working with Sexlab at all?

I think it is more likely that some of your MCM settings between Cursed Loot and Sexlab are filtering the available animations to the point that Cursed Loot can't find any.  You could try loosening up the restrictions and see if that will let an animation start. 

Examples to try :

- On the Rape tab in DCUL - disabling force lesbian animations, allowing all types of NPCs 

- In Sexab's MCM menu turn off Pre-Sex foreplay, Restrict Aggressive Animations and Filter Gay/Lesbian Animations options

The other possibility is that something got broken in the update process - in this case you should consider uninstalling Cursed Loot and cleaning your save with a save cleaner, then reinstalling.  Don't forget that Cursed Loot can export your MCM settings and then import after you reinstall, so you don't have to redo all your MCM settings if you do this. 

18 hours ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

It's basically that I'll start talking to an NPC and they'll basically demand to start fucking my character.

For that, you'll probably want to look at the Misogyny and/or Males Demand Sex options. That's where the "Come here woman!" dialog tree comes from.

"You're smoking hot..." would be the Device Comments option.

19 hours ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

It's basically that I'll start talking to an NPC and they'll basically demand to start fucking my character.

you have misogyny and males demand sex turned on, and there is a chance that males will demand sex when you talk to any male and it is a percentage and you can also mess with the percentage. You can disable both, with misogyny active you must obey all males no matter what. You refusing sex with males will have males put devices on your character, well that is what I've had happen to me before

9 hours ago, Kimy said:

Yeah, I hoped that SS's maintainer would fix this issue, but it has been in there for years now. Oh, well, I will just make sure not to pass a restrained character to SS anymore, so this will fix the issue as best as I can on DCL's end. If people use other mods to trigger SS, they need to disable those, or convince Jfraser to add a check for DD devices on SS's end (which can be done without having to hard link to it).

He may not be aware that it's an issue. I'd happily speculate that most veteran mod users are more accustomed to working around issues than asking for fixes. I'll PM him to tie into this conversation and see what happens.

That said, there's a lot going for a defeat solution that accounts for DD/Zap devices, or at least one of those groups. It would instantly solve a lot of problems. I've been half-heartedly working on just such a thing as part of my mod-making learning process, and even using your code it's not an easy thing. jfraser might not know how  to make it happen.

At best we get redundancy and cooperation, at worst we get... what we have now. :smiley:

The big problem with SS is that the maintainer is an idiot who doesn't know how to check for DD restraints without making DD a requirement, work with followers in any way, finagle factions properly, or any number of other things that actually talented modders (such as Kimy) can do with ease. He only made SS in the first place because no one else seemed motivated to do so, but literally every function beyond the very basics were written by other modders who actually know what they're doing. Alas, he generally has very little time to devote to it 

If anyone feels they can improve upon it, please be his guest to mess with it in any way you like, up to and including re-releasing your own version.

9 hours ago, Slagblah said:

"You're smoking hot..." would be the Device Comments option.

This is one option that tends to cause confusion with people new to the mod, because it requires a certain amount of guesswork from a player to figure out that this is what drives "Smoking Hot". It's almost like it should be called Smoking Hot and not Device Comments... though a more specific tooltip would probably do the job.

Something I think mod authors rarely think of, is that mod users often install multiple mods together at once, and are often unsure what mod is generating behavior, let alone what menu item. Some authors make this worse by adding vaguely named menu items with no tooltips.

DCL is quite clear in most respects, but sometimes the way items are grouped together into the different pages can be confusing, or lead to a bit of clicking back and forth to find things.

I mean, where would you look for Self Bondage options? Devices? Events? Miscellaneous? It could fit in any of these. There's no easy to to break down the huge range of DCL options, and though some things could be reorganized more intuitively, and to require less options in some places, but that would take a lot of time that wouldn't go into anything new.

For example, why keep the "global" event choice? Why not simply get rid of it, and the checkbox to disable it, and have the three refined chances all default to the original global chance? It's simpler. But is anyone clamouring for this? No.

I would like options relating to plants though: to disable keys in them, and to narrow plant events to EC+ attacks only.

I would like more range on the chance sliders. Why do some not go down to 0?

And I'd like to play some games with a negative event chance contribution from arousal (done by slider arousal contribution to chance to a -ve value).

So, you get a safety reward from being belted and plugged. Might not make sense to you, but it's just an option that might feel fair sometimes.

These are trivial things I hacked in myself, back in 6.2, but I discarded my changes when I moved to 6.3

3 minutes ago, jfraser said:

The big problem with SS is that the maintainer is an idiot who doesn't know how to check for DD restraints without making DD a requirement,

Though this would barely even be a problem would it? How many mods does it target that don't require DD anyway?

ME maybe? As that it incompatible with everything else and has its own auctions, it doesn't make sense, so... No mods at all?

7 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Though this would barely even be a problem would it? How many mods does it target that don't require DD anyway?

ME maybe? As that it incompatible with everything else and has its own auctions, it doesn't make sense, so... No mods at all?

Many people do not use DD. My goal has always been to keep SS from having any dependency beyond ZAP (which i assume everyone does use)

21 minutes ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

Whenever the armbinder is on an NPC, they still move their arms around freely in front of them, instead of having their arms bound behind them. The armbinder is visible, but their arms are not bound.

They are working on it for the next Devious Devices Integration release

29 minutes ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

Whenever the armbinder is on an NPC, they still move their arms around freely in front of them, instead of having their arms bound behind them. The armbinder is visible, but their arms are not bound.

A fix for this is being tested in the latest beta version.

3 hours ago, jfraser said:

Many people do not use DD. My goal has always been to keep SS from having any dependency beyond ZAP (which i assume everyone does use)

I am not aware of one larger BDSM mod not using DD - with the sole exception of ME, which according to its author is currently converted to use DD.

However, it's not a big problem to keep SS DD dependency free and still solve this problem. All that needs to be done is checking if the player is wearing DD items (I can provide the code for this if you want to), NOT performing the unequipall() call or equipping ZAP restraints if she does, and not send her to any of the outcome scenarios that want to equip their own restraints (namely SD and ME).

Few bugs/requests - sorry if they have been said before.

Bug - Favor useful key can just keep giving you a restraint key if you have a harness chastity belt (because it contain Zad_Collar keyword), I know it's not a bug it would be cool to it used weights in the menu rather than go Restraint > Chasity > Tool. (doesn't use FindUsefulKey checkforcommonkeys script)

For rare key items are missing from the dcur_DDgenericblockitems so it won't boost the chances for the worn item (Shock boots and Slave gag are 2 I know are missing) 

Bug - MCM not use follower doesn't work on some the combat rape outcomes. Tied in wilderness they get an armbinder. If attacker put restraints on you follower gets them too.

Rape tweak request-

Let DD work out which animations to use because DCL can't find an animation it'll just kick you out, the way DD filters animation at least let you set it up so an animation can always fire.

Combat Rape tweak request- 

When it bugs out it just kicks you to the tied in wilderness (even if option is disabled) could it just leave you where you are if it bugs out.

Free me (follower only) -

Sometimes my follower get gear from the bugs above but I guess it's not needed if bugs are fixed.

==========

I do kinda feel rude asking for stuff off you though kimy because yea the amount of work you put into DCL/DD is massive and asking for more feels so selfish lol. Either way, I'm really grateful for all your work regardless on this and everything else :smiley:

I have a question about the sleep assault settings. I'll cut to the chase first and save the fluff for later.

1. Is there any reason to have a guard? I am tweaking my game now after deleting Dangerous nights and relying on Cursed Loot's functions, but as much as I like seeing my character get molested, It's a bit annoying that the rape is just automatic and there is nothing you can do if it triggers. I know this sounds silly given the purpose here, but I just liked teh option of clearing out an area and setting up a guard, or being viciously raped if I half ass it and get careless.

2. I also liked the Scan feature for the same reason as above.

I'm not really asking for this to be made into the mod. I mean, free mod is free so what do I look like making requests. I'm more just asking of what the functionality of this particular setting is. Do guards matter at all? Or will it just randomly spawn an attacker (dependent on %) and the scene just plays out with no further input?

10 hours ago, Lozeak said:

Bug - Favor useful key can just keep giving you a restraint key if you have a harness chastity belt (because it contain Zad_Collar keyword), I know it's not a bug it would be cool to it used weights in the menu rather than go Restraint > Chasity > Tool. Also, it seem has no effect on rare key but I don't think that's a bug rather it only effect common keys.

Actually, it does operate on both Common and Rare keys, just maybe not in the way you seem to be thinking. It does not guarantee that a useful key will be dropped, but it does use the MCM weights as a base and adjusts them depending on the currently equipped Devious Devices.

Basically, for each item worn, the key weights as set in the MCM are adjusted by a fixed amount, depending on the device type. So if you are wearing many "Restraint Key" devices along with a Chastity Bra and Belt, then you will get a much greater boost to Restraint Keys than the boost you get for Chastity Keys. Given that there are many more Restraint devices than there are Chastity devices, if you want to increase your chances of getting a Chastity Key then you should remove as many Restraint devices as you can.

Furthermore, the adjustments by device type skew more heavily to Restraint type devices than they do for Chastity devices. In general, the more restrictive a device, the higher the adjustment. For instance, Hood, Gag and Blindfold all add 150, while a belt only adds 100 and a bra is just +50. Clearly this weights heavily in favor of Restraint Keys if you're wearing any such devices.

Oh, and as for the specific instance of the Harness Chastity Belt, yes the Collar keyword does give you +100 to Restraint Key weight, but as long as it has the DeviousBelt keyword too, it will also add 50 to the Chastity Key weight (you only get 50 for the harness belt rather than the typical +100 for a regular belt). So, still favoring Restraint Keys.

After that, it's just up to the Skyrim random number generator, which is touchy at best.

Now given all of that, it's always possible that the adjustment values could be balanced better. Specifically, if Chastity Belt (including harness belt) were changed to, say, +200 and Chastity Bra went to +100, it might not be so one-sided.

1 hour ago, Slagblah said:

Actually, it does operate on both Common and Rare keys, just maybe not in the way you seem to be thinking. It does not guarantee that a useful key will be dropped, but it does use the MCM weights as a base and adjusts them depending on the currently equipped Devious Devices.

Basically, for each item worn, the key weights as set in the MCM are adjusted by a fixed amount, depending on the device type. So if you are wearing many "Restraint Key" devices along with a Chastity Bra and Belt, then you will get a much greater boost to Restraint Keys than the boost you get for Chastity Keys. Given that there are many more Restraint devices than there are Chastity devices, if you want to increase your chances of getting a Chastity Key then you should remove as many Restraint devices as you can.

Furthermore, the adjustments by device type skew more heavily to Restraint type devices than they do for Chastity devices. In general, the more restrictive a device, the higher the adjustment. For instance, Hood, Gag and Blindfold all add 150, while a belt only adds 100 and a bra is just +50. Clearly this weights heavily in favor of Restraint Keys if you're wearing any such devices.

Oh, and as for the specific instance of the Harness Chastity Belt, yes the Collar keyword does give you +100 to Restraint Key weight, but as long as it has the DeviousBelt keyword too, it will also add 50 to the Chastity Key weight (you only get 50 for the harness belt rather than the typical +100 for a regular belt). So, still favoring Restraint Keys.

After that, it's just up to the Skyrim random number generator, which is touchy at best.

Now given all of that, it's always possible that the adjustment values could be balanced better. Specifically, if Chastity Belt (including harness belt) were changed to, say, +200 and Chastity Bra went to +100, it might not be so one-sided.

Ok looked at the scripts and CK more.....

The checkforcommonkeys uses this to find useful key

if dcumenu.dropusefulkeys
            if libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousGag) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBlindfold) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBoots) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousSuit) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousCollar) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousGloves) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHood) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousArmCuffs) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousLegCuffs)
                addto.AddItem(libs.restraintsKey, 1) 
                return "Restraints Key"
            elseif libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBra) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHarness) 
                addto.AddItem(libs.chastityKey, 1) 
                return "Chastity Key"
            elseif libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPiercingsVaginal) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPiercingsNipple)
                addto.AddItem(libs.piercingKey, 1) 
                return "Piercing Tool"
            endif
        Endif

There is a script that does do what you say (i think) but is not used for common keys when looting a container so if you have a Chasity harness you will never get a Chasity key.

You are 100% right with the Rare keys but there is a bug in it that dcur_DDgenericblockitems Formlist does not contain at least Shock boots and Slave Gag (maybe more) so the script won't work correctly

Quick version :

Useful keys MCM is bugged for common and rare keys

Common keys : it will give restraint key over chastity key on items like Chastity Harness because it gives the first key there is a script FindUsefulKeys that would fix this it is not use for common keys.

Rare Key : there are items missing from the formlist dcur_DDgenericblockitems so the keyweights are not added right.

There seems to be a glitch where the game thinks my hands are still bound (making me unable to remove my hood) despite me having been able to unlock all restraints holding my arms. The "Damsel in Distress" quest is ongoing and it still has "free your hands" as an objective. However, when I go into my inventory, all of my hand and arm related bounds are undone.

Hey Kimy,

I know it may be too much.

But can we get more customisation in the next update?

I want to make sure my character doesn't get a restrictive collar or cowbells as plugs.

Because those things aren't really my thing.

It could cause the MCM to become monstrous.

But please consider it.

A work around could be using the selfbondage event.

But that only seems to work when you equip them all at once.

It doesn't seem to check what you already have on.

Having them equipped one by one doesn't fully work.

Also, I'm running the latest DD beta and got the tentacle parasite.

I hear vibrating plugs whenever the parasite is doing it's thing. I assume that that is unintended.

:heart:

20 hours ago, Kimy said:

However, it's not a big problem to keep SS DD dependency free and still solve this problem. All that needs to be done is checking if the player is wearing DD items (I can provide the code for this if you want to), NOT performing the unequipall() call or equipping ZAP restraints if she does, and not send her to any of the outcome scenarios that want to equip their own restraints (namely SD and ME)

And CD?

Of course, it uses DD, but it has some very particular expectations of what you'll be wearing, that it can fit certain devices, and that you won't be wearing others.

Pretty hard to mine in an armbinder, for example.

17 hours ago, Jaymega0817 said:

Is there any reason to have a guard? I am tweaking my game now after deleting Dangerous nights and relying on Cursed Loot's functions, but as much as I like seeing my character get molested, It's a bit annoying that the rape is just automatic and there is nothing you can do if it triggers. I know this sounds silly given the purpose here, but I just liked teh option of clearing out an area and setting up a guard, or being viciously raped if I half ass it and get careless.

Even SD relied on other mods to deliver "struggle against rape" and unarmed combat functionality.

Perhaps something so significant needs its own mod and its own MCM to do it justice. I'm not optimistic we'll ever see that, or any kind of fight-back functionality at all, but perhaps ... if we're lucky... it will be on the agenda as an extension of reworked unarmed combat in DD.

Really useful keys is pure deterministic in this order: wrists/armbinder/yoke, mittens, blindfold, gag, ankles, (leg cuffs that are blocking boot removal), boots, striptease items, leg cuffs, arm cuffs, collar, chastity.

If your hands are bound, no other key is really useful.

If you are blindfolded or gagged, those would be the next priority, then ankles/boots, then arms/legs, finally collars and chastity.

The actual type of key depends on whether the critical-path-device is high-security or not.

If you have a high security item, and no other restraints, then the really useful keys are the ones that fit it.

It makes more sense to at least know what the most useful key is with some clarity, and have a configurable chance to deliver either that, or a totally random key.

The "favour" logic is so unreliable that I feel I get useful keys quicker with it off in most cases.

If you can't use a key right away, you have a good chance of losing it before you will get to do so.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

And CD?

Of course, it uses DD, but it has some very particular expectations of what you'll be wearing, that it can fit certain devices, and that you won't be wearing others.

Pretty hard to mine in an armbinder, for example.

CD's quests should -normally- not be a problem as you have to start them yourself. What I do not know is if CD checks for 3rd party quest devices before allowing the player to start any of the quests. But that's absolutely nothing I can solve from my end, if it doesn't. At no point does DCL trigger any CD quests from its end (there is no handover feature, unlike with SD or SS). The only integration it has to it is that it can drop a few of CD's items (silver and gold chastity gear). This feature will actually get removed in the next DCL version, because DD now features similar items and the CD integration is thus obsolete.

While CD's quests are running, it could prevent DCL traps etc by setting the StorageUtil flag observed by DCL. Again, I do not know if CD does such a thing. If DCL traps trigger during CD quests (do they?), players should manually disable DCL while they are playing them. I am not sure what else I can do on my end?