2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Even SD relied on other mods to deliver "struggle against rape" and unarmed combat functionality.

Perhaps something so significant needs its own mod and its own MCM to do it justice. I'm not optimistic we'll ever see that, or any kind of fight-back functionality at all, but perhaps ... if we're lucky... it will be on the agenda as an extension of reworked unarmed combat in DD.

I hate button-masher minigames with a passion, so it's very extremely unlikely that I am ever going to integrate a feature like the one in Defeat. What I can do is making a "skill check" that takes followers etc into consideration and would allow the player to escape assault attempts more easily with them present. But it will be "roll a die" feature, not a minigame. I generally want to avoid introducing a "follower bias" to DCL, where it becomes a total no-brainer to have followers over no followers, so if I do things like that, expect followers to do a few less than desirable things, too! :smiley:

3 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Hey Kimy,

I know it may be too much.

But can we get more customisation in the next update?

I want to make sure my character doesn't get a restrictive collar or cowbells as plugs.

Because those things aren't really my thing.

It could cause the MCM to become monstrous.

But please consider it.

A work around could be using the selfbondage event.

But that only seems to work when you equip them all at once.

It doesn't seem to check what you already have on.

Having them equipped one by one doesn't fully work.

Also, I'm running the latest DD beta and got the tentacle parasite.

I hear vibrating plugs whenever the parasite is doing it's thing. I assume that that is unintended.

:heart:

I can add a "no pet play" MCM toggle, that would avoid getting equipped with any such items, but DCL doesn't use most of them anyway.  Other than that, as you said, I have to be conscious about MCM inflation. There is a limit of how many controls I can add, and I am approaching it.

11 hours ago, Lozeak said:

Ok looked at the scripts and CK more.....

The checkforcommonkeys uses this to find useful key

Hide contents

if dcumenu.dropusefulkeys
            if libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousGag) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBlindfold) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBoots) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousSuit) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousCollar) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousGloves) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHood) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousArmCuffs) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousLegCuffs)
                addto.AddItem(libs.restraintsKey, 1) 
                return "Restraints Key"
            elseif libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBra) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHarness) 
                addto.AddItem(libs.chastityKey, 1) 
                return "Chastity Key"
            elseif libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPiercingsVaginal) || libs.playerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPiercingsNipple)
                addto.AddItem(libs.piercingKey, 1) 
                return "Piercing Tool"
            endif
        Endif

There is a script that does do what you say (i think) but is not used for common keys when looting a container so if you have a Chasity harness you will never get a Chasity key.

You are 100% right with the Rare keys but there is a bug in it that dcur_DDgenericblockitems Formlist does not contain at least Shock boots and Slave Gag (maybe more) so the script won't work correctly

Quick version :

Useful keys MCM is bugged for common and rare keys

Common keys : it will give restraint key over chastity key on items like Chastity Harness because it gives the first key there is a script FindUsefulKeys that would fix this it is not use for common keys.

Rare Key : there are items missing from the formlist dcur_DDgenericblockitems so the keyweights are not added right.

What the heck is that still doing in there? That is exactly the code that caused me to write (and submit to Kimy) the FindUsefulKeys() routine in the first place, and that was a couple years ago, at least. That whole section, inside the dropusefulkeys check, should have been replaced with a call to FindUsefulKey(libs.playerRef).

@Kimy

If you check your private messages from me from back in May 2016, you'll find an enhanced version of the FindKeys() routine that handles both random and useful key drops. It should be called from everywhere that keys get created. And certainly that code above should not be used at all, it never worked properly in the first place (as Lozeak correctly pointed out).

I merged your code in 2016, but apparently didn't replace the legacy code in that function with a call to your routine. Your code was used in a lot of situations (whenever the key creation function was called directly), just not all the time.

I fixed it now.

Hey, quick question about the Damsel in Distress quest, I know it's supposed to be very hard but I feel like I'm stuck and unsure if it's a bug or not.

I've managed to unlock two bindings on the Rubber Gloves, and I'm at the part where struggling with it brings up the message "leather bindings too tight, blah blah, maybe sharp object to slice them off?". My sharp object chance is set to 25%, and I've opened like 40 containers and not found a sharp object. Am I doing this right or is there another actions I'm supposed to be taking to pull this off?

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue. I searched google and this thread rather thoroughly with no solution. Whenever I force a NPC to surrender via Combat Surrender, I had some issues trying to talk to them. Pressing E to talk would not start a dialogue. After running into the NPC to push them around (and a Fuz ro dah or two), the dialogue started to work. I bound them up and told them to follow me. The problem im facing now is the NPC will not follow. The NPC nods when I ask them to follow, but she immediately walks back toward the location I found her. I have tried resetting her AI, disable/enable, and I am out of ideas. I don't really like the idea of having to use "moveto player" in order to sell her off to a slave trader. Has this ever been experienced by anyone before? I saw no mention of it in the support thread, but maybe I missed something. Any advice?

Also this might be related. I am using Sexlab Defeat. I haven't experienced any signs that they were interfering with each other. In fact, I can also enslave NPCs using defeat as well, by tying them up and putting them into a bag. Hopefully Cursed Loots enslavement system isn't being interfered with by Defeat. I would hate to have to choose between the two.

16 minutes ago, Kimy said:

If you use Defeat, you should disable Cursed Loot's combat surrender feature in MCM. They do the same thing. You have to decide for one of them, or stuff is guaranteed to break.

I am not using Defeat (anymore) and have also noticed that NPCs forced to submit via Combat Surrender do not follow me when ordered to do so. I have to resort to something like Puppet Master to get them to come along.

And as long as we're on the subject, I had to turn the probability of surrender way down since I found them way too eager to give up, even when I wasn't actively attacking them at the time (including when I was trying to run away). To be clear, they were hostile and in combat mode, but at the time of surrender, I was not actively striking at them with weapon or spell, just dodging and/or running. Now maybe it was some severe Papyrus lag and they surrendered based on a previous hit, but as I recall, in some of these scenarios they were still fairly healthy.

Maybe the surrender probability could be made inversely proportional to the current health of the NPC? Something like 100% health = 100% reduction in chance; 50% health = 50% reduction? Or maybe you could scale it a bit so that 0% reduction kicks in around 25% health or so. But basically you would it to be that the lower the NPC health, the greater the chance that they will surrender.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

I merged your code in 2016, but apparently didn't replace the legacy code in that function with a call to your routine. Your code was used in a lot of situations (whenever the key creation function was called directly), just not all the time.

I fixed it now.

Great, thanks.

However, the specific version of FindKeys() that I referred to is an improvement over the FindUsefulKeys() routine that comes with DCL 6.3.

It handles not only Useful key drops, but all key drops by moving the dcumenu.dropusefulkeys check into the FindKeys() function itself, which, I think, works better. It also uses the included weightedChoice() function to do the actual picking. This function is very useful and can be used in many other places in the code as well.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

If you use Defeat, you should disable Cursed Loot's combat surrender feature in MCM. They do the same thing. You have to decide for one of them, or stuff is guaranteed to break.

I see. I will try disabling Defeats bleedout settings and report back.

I'm also facing another issue which is likely unrelated. After soliciting myself, using the sexy dance option leads to nothing. After dancing, the NPC doesn't have any different dialogue or takes me up on my offer for sex. I'm assuming this is not intentional. After using the sexy dance, they cheer me on, and the log mentions that they are staring at my swaying breasts, but by the time the animation ends, they just walk away. Any ideas on this? Or is this actually intentional?

2 minutes ago, visoth said:

I see. I will try disabling Defeats bleedout settings and report back.

I'm also facing another issue which is likely unrelated. After soliciting myself, using the sexy dance option leads to nothing. After dancing, the NPC doesn't have any different dialogue or takes me up on my offer for sex. I'm assuming this is not intentional. After using the sexy dance, they cheer me on, and the log mentions that they are staring at my swaying breasts, but by the time the animation ends, they just walk away. Any ideas on this? Or is this actually intentional?

Dancing causes their arousal to increase by varying amounts (depending on the message you get). There is an MCM configurable chance that they rape you though.

@Kimy

Please ignore this.  As has kindly been pointed out by Lupine00, this comes from Sexlab Parasites, Kyne's Blessing.  Nothing to do with DCUR :classic_rolleyes:

(Left the text to allow any relevant searches)

The text copied below should be relatively self explanatory.  Normal txt, question to Bane Master on EC+ thread.  Green txt, his reply

Even if the circs are maybe esoteric :tongue:, bottom line is fairly simple:

a - Does DCUR pass female follower info to EC+ when they are under 'command mode' to harvest chaurus eggs? -or plants, for that matter? 

If the PC does that, EC+ triggers tentacle attacks fine.  I haven't yet seen DCUR trigger when Followers harvest eggs on the player instruction.  I do appreciate that that might just be a fluke of the chance set up

(For clarity, DCUR>EC+ handover does work very well - even better then the info on the tin - as not only both PC and followers succumb to DCUR properly triggering EC+ on chaurus spit, spider spit attacks, but other peripheral NPCs who engage in combat with spiders etc are also affected, a bonus functionality that I hadn't really expected :smile:)

So,

b - If not, would it be easy to add this functionality on your next DCUR update?  If not, or I'm the 1, out of a total of only 1 interested, no worries ;)

TIA for any reply

================================

When directing a Follower NPC - 'I need you to do something' command - to 'harvest' Chaurus Eggs, I haven't yet got the Follower to be tentacled

3 - Should she be, and it's just a fluke, based on my chance settings, that it hasn't yet happened?  Or do I need to suggest to @Kimy that there is some other data to be passed across to EC+ to let that happen - assuming it's not an onerous task?   I wouldn't ask her to waste her time if it was, and it was really just some tweak that would merely humour my SOH :smile: EC+ processes whatever female actors are passed to it, so if Followers are not being affected by this it is because the mod  is not triggering it for them

============================

2 hours ago, visoth said:

Also this might be related. I am using Sexlab Defeat. I haven't experienced any signs that they were interfering with each other. In fact, I can also enslave NPCs using defeat as well, by tying them up and putting them into a bag. Hopefully Cursed Loots enslavement system isn't being interfered with by Defeat. I would hate to have to choose between the two.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Alternatively, you can disable "Player/Follower as Aggressor" in SexLab Defeat's main MCM page. That might stop the two from fighting over defeated NPCs.

Also, you can disable the 'Wound' knock down method for "Player as Victim", and you should be able to use Defeat's other two method for incapacitating the player; Exhaustion and Stun, while Cursed Loot takes out the player via health. So it is possible to play with both at once. Unless Cursed Loot takes out the player in other ways I don't know of.

1 hour ago, Slagblah said:

Dancing causes their arousal to increase by varying amounts (depending on the message you get). There is an MCM configurable chance that they rape you though.

Oh, so it doesn't actually lead into the actual sex act? It just entices them via arousal? I see. I misunderstood that. I assumed the dance was supposed to be another way of leading to the sex scene.

1 hour ago, IronDusk33 said:

Alternatively, you can disable "Player/Follower as Aggressor" in SexLab Defeat's main MCM page. That might stop the two from fighting over defeated NPCs.

Thanks for this tip. I will give it a try. What about the NPC vs NPC settings? Wouldn't those interfere as well? Have you tested any of this? Or are you just theorizing. Regardless I will try myself and see what happens.

2 hours ago, visoth said:

Thanks for this tip. I will give it a try. What about the NPC vs NPC settings? Wouldn't those interfere as well? Have you tested any of this? Or are you just theorizing. Regardless I will try myself and see what happens.

NPC vs NPC events might interfere, but I'm not sure. I usually don't have it enabled anyway since any events it causes I usually miss or don't hang around for. I haven't tested any of this out myself, but I have looked through both mods codes on occasion, and I think these settings might make both mods work with NPCs.

13 hours ago, donkeywho said:

When directing a Follower NPC - 'I need you to do something' command - to 'harvest' Chaurus Eggs, I haven't yet got the Follower to be tentacled

I thought this functionality came from Parasites, and not from EC+.

I could see aliases for it in Parasites, and after removing Parasites, I never saw it happen to the player.

I have trouble setting up Leon in the mcm...

in the mcm for dominant follower there are three lines about disposition :

-disposition change : easy to understand and staightforward. (too bad it tops at 5 btw)

-affection threshold : easy to understand and straightforward

-affection threshold modifier : the heck is this. there's no tooltip, and goes from 1 to 25. But what does it change exactly?

Does someone know? i've tried looking into the ck but couldn't find anything without the source files for the scripts...

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I thought this functionality came from Parasites, and not from EC+.

I could see aliases for it in Parasites, and after removing Parasites, I never saw it happen to the player.

Thank you

You're quite right!

I'll edit the original post..... :classic_rolleyes:

I am new to using this mod so please excuse me if I ask something stupid. In the MCM menu it mentions that DCL supports (or at least looks for) Simple Slavery. I looked at the home page and searched the thread but I can not see how these two integrate. Can anyone who has used both explain it to me?