18 hours ago, Zaflis said:

The suit could be missing non-blocking tag?

It is not that it doesn't allow animation, it is that it is supposed to actively trigger rape when near people or when talking to them, and suddenly it doesn't. I suspect it has something to do with DCL "active quest" blocking all the other functions of DCL, but supposedly, the quest item's own effect should still be working...

Hello !

I'm one between the few who get the error "You appear to run mods removing important tags from children characters. Cursed Loot has been automatically disabled."

The problem is: I don't have any mods that are interfering or modifying anything about children :/
Is there any way to check which mod could create the conflict ?

Also the mod was working great before, it suddenly stopped after using Loot one day for mods sorting.

Thank you !

7 minutes ago, Hellethia_ said:

The problem is: I don't have any mods that are interfering or modifying anything about children :/
Is there any way to check which mod could create the conflict ?

Also the mod was working great before, it suddenly stopped after using Loot one day for mods sorting.

Evidently, you seem to, and Loot's reorganization of your load order switched your mods around so that whatever mod is affecting children by removing tags is now loaded after another one that affects them in a different way but otherwise keeps the tags intact.

Recommend checking your plugins in xedit and see which one edits the records for the child races, and how the record overrides are handled.

35 minutes ago, Hellethia_ said:

How can I check this please ?

Load all of your mod plugins in xedit, open Skyrim.esm -> Races and look at the records listed there. If some are highlighted in yellow or red, that means they are being overridden by another plugin, which you can see at the top of the window if you select the record in question, and you can also view the changes to the record itself in detail.

I only got Fallout 3 installed at the moment, however Skyrim's record structure is not fundamentally different and will still work for this example:

Spoiler

xedit.jpg.f9607fd93744922a04f16287bad302da.jpg

As you can see, I got the record for the Ghoul race open, which is present in the base Fallout3.esm, the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm and in a compatibility patch for the unofficial patch and Fallout 3 Redesigned. The last record is what the game will load, the data present in that will be used. Based on that, you can see what mod modifies which record how, and adjust the load order in your mod manager accordingly.

I don't intend to hijack the thread further, so if you need help getting around in xedit, I recommend looking up a tutorial.

18 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

It is not that it doesn't allow animation, it is that it is supposed to actively trigger rape when near people or when talking to them, and suddenly it doesn't. I suspect it has something to do with DCL "active quest" blocking all the other functions of DCL, but supposedly, the quest item's own effect should still be working...

Ok, just to follow up on that, the day after the day I wrote this, I continue playing, changed absolutely nothing and the special rape of the rubber suit suddenly started triggering like a charm as soon as I walked into a friendly village. No idea what made it change so drastically, but I suppose we can always blame script lag about yesterday.

But then I got another issue: I stole some D.A.M.N boxes from the dollmaker and from that moment forth, when I equip a box it gives me the loot and doesn't disappear so I can open a single box an infinite amount of time. Anyone ever encountered this?

32 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Anyone ever encountered this?

Workshop box have damaged script, i already fix this script and post there solution for Kimy. As damn Loverslab does all possibly things to prevent me found my old post so search this post yourself.

Hi @Kimy

OK, the query here relates to SE use, but as all good things @Kimy start in LE, here's hoping for a fix that might one day make its way to SE. 

Basically, in one sentence, can DCL please be changed to stop selecting and applying the really useless DD restraints which have, on both PC and Followers, a cosmetic, non functional, effect only? 

They can be really irritating, and more akin to the participants prancing around in 'pretty' non functioning Zaz stuff, than forming any useful challenge in a proper game

And if this can be done, patch for present, or built in (option?) to future versions, it will make other SE mod developments mentioned in the original query below even better

Some mods have gone down the route of using outfits built in @Inte DDe, eg POP, Nymra's Naked Defeat etc, and tou can tailor these to sensible realistic options, but those applying DDS via the DCL mechanic are really very very hit and miss

=============

I'm using @Bane Master 's current Defeat version 5.3.6 + AndrewLRG's mod - excellent updates too! - which use the DCL mechanic to update Defeat's Post Trauma events to provide a chance that DDs may be added to the defeated player (+followers if used). 

As I understand it, the reason for using the link to DCL to add post event restraints to the player etc, is that it means that the later version DDs from DD5 that @Kimy seems to use in DCL can be used by the bad people to tie up / gag / blindfold etc the player + followers, as opposed to the earlier versions of Defeat which were hard coded to add only items that came from DD4

However, the 'Shackles' option that the latest version can now randomly apply to the player etc (which seems to be from the DCL selection process) still includes/generates (amongst other things) those cursed 'cosmetic only' arm and leg bands which, when added to and worn by the player and party, do nothing at all other than maybe look nice - surely no self respecting baddie is going to leave their victim as just some sort of fashion model demonstrating their creative artwork?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any patch/method of having DCL, when selecting those, replace them randomly with proper restraints, eg the steel shackles on a chain, steel handcuffs etc? The sort of DDs that @Kharos 'Better NPC Support for Devious Devices 0.7 beta 1 SE' mod makes functioon 'properly' eg followers wearing DDs can no longer use weapons etc (another, possibly underappreciated, great mod if you've not come across it yet)

While I can't be certain about this, it doesn't seem likely to need the whole mechanic changed, but rather just the item selection outcome to stop these useless things appearinmg and other more realistic restraints being selected instead.  If it was done within DCL too, it would provide a much more realistic outcome there as well

Any chance of a very quick fix from anyone?  @Kimy ?

TIA if anyone can do this!

Edited May 6 by DonQuiWho
3 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Hi @Kimy

OK, the query here relates to SE use, but as all good things @Kimy start in LE, here's hoping for a fix that might one day make its way to SE. 

Basically, in one sentence, can DCL please be changed to stop selecting and applying the really useless DD restraints which have, on both PC and Followers, a cosmetic, non functional, effect only? 

Just to clarify: DCL does not equip any non-lockable devices (e.g. from DDA), so I assume you mean the DDI arm/leg cuffs that lock on an actor but don't actually restrainn them?

I'm using @Bane Master 's current Defeat version 5.3.6 + AndrewLRG's mod - excellent updates too! - which use the DCL mechanic to update Defeat's Post Trauma events to provide a chance that DDs may be added to the defeated player (+followers if used). 

As I understand it, the reason for using the link to DCL to add post event restraints to the player etc, is that it means that the later version DDs from DD5 that @Kimy seems to use in DCL can be used by the bad people to tie up / gag / blindfold etc the player + followers, as opposed to the earlier versions of Defeat which were hard coded to add only items that came from DD4

However, the 'Shackles' option that the latest version can now randomly apply to the player etc (which seems to be from the DCL selection process) still includes/generates (amongst other things) those cursed 'cosmetic only' arm and leg bands which, when added to and worn by the player and party, do nothing at all other than maybe look nice - surely no self respecting baddie is going to leave their victim as just some sort of fashion model demonstrating their creative artwork?

I have never looked at Defeat since I tossed it off my load-order and replaced it with my own "post-surrender" solution all these years ago. I have no idea what they're doing and how they're implementing it. Generally, if mods want fine control over what they're equipping, they can use DD5's formlists for that.

While I can't be certain about this, it doesn't seem likely to need the whole mechanic changed, but rather just the item selection outcome to stop these useless things appearinmg and other more realistic restraints being selected instead.  If it was done within DCL too, it would provide a much more realistic outcome there as well

Writing a function that doesn't randomly equip these arm and leg cuffs at all anymore is certainly possible, but not without updating DCL. I will have a look at it.

A tiny thing: Until some versions ago, when a male enemy surrendered and you pick the option to rape him, then the player character equips a strapon and actually rapes him with it. But in the last version, it makes a "normal" male animation, which usually makes the "raping" player be in the submissive position. Is that an intentional change or is it an error on my/ the mod's end?

Is there an option to control the frequency of misogyny comments? I like this option sometimes but it's tiresome having sex animation every time I talk to male npc. Resisting not always work and I end up getting annoyed and disable this option once in a while since I want to just do questing sometimes, and having Farkas using me every time I want to pick a job is upsetting.

Edited by Captain_noone
5 minutes ago, Captain_noone said:

Is there an option to control the frequency of misogyny comments? I like this option sometimes but it's tiresome having sex animation every time I talk to male npc. Resisting not always work and I end up getting annoyed and disable this option once in a while since I want to just do questing sometimes, and having Farkas using me every time I want to pick a job is upsetting.

Me, on the other hand, can never get it to work....

35 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

Me, on the other hand, can never get it to work....

Damn, I swear every male npc I talk to starts conversation with "Woman, I am a man, you know what I want" so annoying after a while. Maybe it triggers so frequently because I have my body armor set as nude. I use BadDog's 3ba armors and they're super skimpy

Edited by Captain_noone
10 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:
the really useless DD restraints which have, on both PC and Followers, a cosmetic, non functional, effect only

I just wanted to add here - the arm and leg cuffs (or maybe only the arm cuffs?) aren't actually non-functional/purely cosmetic. Firstly, I think wearing them will produce random flavour messages which may or may not increase Arousal (I'd have to look at the scripts/xEdit entry to confirm), but they can also interfere with common actions, for example drawing a bowstring. Generally, the functional effects of the arm and leg cuffs are way less intrusive than say the gag or armbinder, but I think this makes sense anyway. Not necessarily opposed to having an option to remove certain types of devices from the random equip selection pool, but just thought I'd mention this.

5 hours ago, Captain_noone said:

Is there an option to control the frequency of misogyny comments? I

Misogyny is disabled starting with DCL 8.5 or 8.4. There is left MCM option but this not work. If have it working you have very old DCL or something goes wrong in your side. Or this is other mod what does it.

Edited by Elsidia
5 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

I just wanted to add here - the arm and leg cuffs (or maybe only the arm cuffs?) aren't actually non-functional/purely cosmetic. Firstly, I think wearing them will produce random flavour messages which may or may not increase Arousal (I'd have to look at the scripts/xEdit entry to confirm), but they can also interfere with common actions, for example drawing a bowstring. Generally, the functional effects of the arm and leg cuffs are way less intrusive than say the gag or armbinder, but I think this makes sense anyway. Not necessarily opposed to having an option to remove certain types of devices from the random equip selection pool, but just thought I'd mention this.

Thanks for that.  A couple of things there that I might not have appreciated before

But I suppose I just want the bad guys to do the bad, fully restrictive, stuff, as opposed to sending off their victims with a few intellectually derived, but non-impeding, tweaks to their bowstrings etc.  I see the bad guys as proper bandits, not wilds based intellectuals seeking a finer artistic mien to their work subject's outcomes LOL  ?

12 hours ago, Kimy said:

Just to clarify: DCL does not equip any non-lockable devices (e.g. from DDA), so I assume you mean the DDI arm/leg cuffs that lock on an actor but don't actually restrainn them?

Yes!

Even using @Kharos 'better DD' mod doesn't do that, even tho it will properly restrain Followers etc wearing those that are fully restraining

12 hours ago, Kimy said:

I have never looked at Defeat since I tossed it off my load-order and replaced it with my own "post-surrender" solution all these years ago. I have no idea what they're doing and how they're implementing it. Generally, if mods want fine control over what they're equipping, they can use DD5's formlists for that.

My understanding is that they are using the selection process DCL uses, to equip players and NPCs.  So if DCL equips non-restraining devices, that also happens in Defeat

12 hours ago, Kimy said:

Writing a function that doesn't randomly equip these arm and leg cuffs at all anymore is certainly possible, but not without updating DCL. I will have a look at it.

Part of the problem seems to arise because the DCL 'categories' eg Shackles, include random selection from both the fully restraining DDs and cosmetic only DDs, and you cannot set the individual probability of selecting the non restraining ones at Zero

An initial MCM option

• to apply ONLY restraining devices

EDIT: or maybe

• not to apply non restraining devices

with whatever tweak is needed to the mechanic code below that etc would probably do it

As you know, I'm no techie, but in your current DD rewrite, is there any way to add anything simple to distinguish between functioning / properly restraining devices and those that are not?  That might give everyone a whole new world to play with

==========

And thanks for the quick reply.  Much appreciated

DQW

Edited by DonQuiWho
54 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

Thanks for that.  A couple of things there that I might not have appreciated before

But I suppose I just want the bad guys to do the bad, fully restrictive, stuff, as opposed to sending off their victims with a few intellectually derived, but non-impeding, tweaks to their bowstrings etc.  I see the bad guys as proper bandits, not wilds based intellectuals seeking a finer artistic mien to their work subject's outcomes LOL  ?

Well in the mean time, depending on how punishing you want your gameplay experience to be I'm pretty sure there are MCM options that allow you to control the number of devices equipped. If you set it high enough you're guaranteed to end up in some restrictive devices even if you get both the arm and leg cuffs as long as you're fine with the possibility of getting neither.

39 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

My understanding is that they are using the selection process DCL uses, to equip players and NPCs.  So if DCL equips non-restraining devices, that also happens in Defeat

I stopped using Defeat since I could never get it to handle followers the way I wanted (ND works fine and Kudasai is developing pretty quick), but I thought with the Dynamic Defeat LRG patch that you're using you can configure which devices are equipped at the end of a scene? Last page of the Defeat MCM if I'm not mistaken. If not, maybe ND has that functionality already?

6 minutes ago, asdj1239 said:

Well in the mean time, depending on how punishing you want your gameplay experience to be I'm pretty sure there are MCM options that allow you to control the number of devices equipped. If you set it high enough you're guaranteed to end up in some restrictive devices even if you get both the arm and leg cuffs as long as you're fine with the possibility of getting neither.

True.  Possibly a tad overdone tho ?

6 minutes ago, asdj1239 said:

I stopped using Defeat since I could never get it to handle followers the way I wanted (ND works fine and Kudasai is developing pretty quick), but I thought with the Dynamic Defeat LRG patch that you're using you can configure which devices are equipped at the end of a scene? Last page of the Defeat MCM if I'm not mistaken. If not, maybe ND has that functionality already?

The LRG patch works in some respects on its own.  However its application of scene end DDs is directly dependent on DCL being in your mod list and, seemingly, its use of the DCL application mechanics,

And FWIW, @Bane Master 's latest version 5.3.6 sorts out the Follower handling bugs that were to be found in its predecessors, and there are hints on the thread that he may still be is looking to make other further improvements

As I said to Kimy, in retrospect, it's a real shame that for post scene DDs, Defeat didn't go down the DDe route - like Nymra has in ND - and let people develop their own range of random restraint setups.  That would have provided the player with much greater flexibility

Thanks for the reply tho

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Misogyny is disabled starting with DCL 8.5 or 8.4. There is left MCM option but this not work. If have it working you have very old DCL or something goes wrong in your side. Or this is other mod what does it.

I use DCL 9.0 for SE though and I have that option available

Edited by Captain_noone