I never care that much about tattoo, a little is fine excessive tats drives me away.

I think the second design with the heart is a little too fancy, the first one is too verbose but the whole "hastily slap together" and messy feel of it is nicer than the second one.

And yes, they are way too clean. It needs to look hand written/drawn in a hurry or with little care, but gets the message across :P

I know there's one collar - I thought it was from SD+ but I might be imagining that - that gives you 100% frost resistance. That seems a bit of a blunt instrument though. I'd prefer a solution that allows the player to be clever. Outwitting the elements is what Frostfall is all about, really.

Changing the subject, I've been playing with designs for racing tattoos. Just a couple so far. Murfk suggest that I might be better off to use designs with a solid background, rather than try and obliterate all designs to make sure mine displayed. So this is what I've been working on:

SqqYhHI.png

oNlMEQH.png

I'm in two minds about the "hate me..." one. On the one hand, the last thing I want to do is glorify misogyny. On the other ... a misogynistic attitude on behalf of the bad guys is very much in keeping with the theme and genre. (where "genre" in this instance means "bdsm" rather than "heroic fantasy")

Have you thought of sponsorship for your races? Might be a nice little earner, maybe 'Visit Candlehearth Hall, Real Nord Ale, for Real Nords!' across one of the "competitors" backside? "Come see Whiterun's Cloud District, if its good enough for Nazeem, you know its worth a look!" maybe? "Vote Elisif for High Queen!" on a tit maybe? Possibly less verbose, potential er....advertising real estate is probably limited....

I use frostfall personally, but if I'm gonna end up in a situation with it that'll put in me in great peril, well, that's just life in skyrim. Just add that in later once you've finished with everything else.

Aye, agreed :)

My only real criticism would be that they're too clean.

They do look a bit modern. My thinking was that, if I was going to have a solid backgrond, it should be one that looked nice rather than just use a white blob. I could look for some handwriting fonts, but they can be hard to read, and I'd like this to be legible. It's a minor detail though...

I never care that much about tattoo, a little is fine excessive tats drives me away.

I must admit, I'm not a tattoo fetishist either. The appeal here (from my point of view anyway) is the sense of violation.

And yes, they are way too clean. It needs to look hand written/drawn in a hurry or with little care, but gets the message across :P

I sense a pattern emerging here :)

at least make this a toggle option, many people may not want their PC tattooed every time the race is run

Planning it as a soft depend on slavetats, so if you don't load that you won't see any tats. If you do there'll be a fairly simple way to revert the tattoo. And yeah, I'll probably end up making the whole thing toggleable

Or maybe give you like a dibella necklace, would that be a nice idea to sort of mark her?

You mean make it so the tattoo comes off with the collar? It's an idea. I was thinking it could be removed by praying at a shrine of Mara, but I like the idea. I'll have a think...

Have you thought of sponsorship for your races? Might be a nice little earner, maybe 'Visit Candlehearth Hall, Real Nord Ale, for Real Nords!' across one of the "competitors" backside? "Come see Whiterun's Cloud District, if its good enough for Nazeem, you know its worth a look!" maybe? "Vote Elisif for High Queen!" on a tit maybe? Possibly less verbose, potential er....advertising real estate is probably limited....

Oooooohhh... don't tempt me! :D

Then you'll have to have girls with umbrellas at the start of the race for the contenders!

You are making me think about bondage umbrellas. Like a big one with a girl tied to the central pole and hobbled so she can only take little steps. Then if you wanted the umbrella to follow you, you just clip a leash to the girl and ... but no, that way lies madness! And Sheogorath has already got his work cut-out for him :)
DocClox,

I finally got the mod to work, chuckle chuckle. Figuring out the need for DD took me a bit of time.

I have run one quest. It worked like a champ with one negative at the end . Could not remove either the gag or the arm binder.

There was one key in the chest but it must not work on the gag or arm binder. Is that normal?

I have DD Helpless installed it worked like a top  with one bandit attack . This should work and not cause the problem i had at the end right? This is one of the few mods i have installed that did not crash constantly  :>))) .

You did A GREAT JOB AND MANY THANKS!!!

sachs

DocClox,

I finally got the mod to work, chuckle chuckle. Figuring out the need for DD took me a bit of time.

I have run one quest. It worked like a champ with one negative at the end . Could not remove either the gag or the arm binder.

There was one key in the chest but it must not work on the gag or arm binder. Is that normal?

I have DD Helpless installed it worked like a top  with one bandit attack . This should work and not cause the problem i had at the end right? This is one of the few mods i have installed that did not crash constantly  :>))) .

sachs

Getting out of the armbinder is done by repeated struggling.  No keys required. :)

(Just keep struggling until it gets loose.)

Bondage umbrellas?

I approve. :)

That reminds me - I need to update that d/l page... Done! Should make that point a little clearer.

I'll be honest, I haven't tested the key :) But i don't think you'll be able to use it until you get out of the binder, and that's going to need struggling; Or could ask a guard for help. Or could but for the gag. There's always DD_Restrained ;)

This is one of the few mods i have installed that did not crash constantly >))) .

sachs

Thanks :) To be fair to my fellow modders, it's really quite a simple mod, so not much scope for crashes. As yet, anyway. I'm currently working on the next version which will have people to race against. So that means NPCs and packages and all the rest of. I just got every set up to test, pulled the lever to open the cages, and watched as three slavegirls stood around chatting while one pale purple argonian female crossed to the other cage with the most leisurely saunter of all time. Still, I'm getting there... :)

Bondage umbrellas?

Well yeah, because findout posted a pic of some RL motorsport racegirls with umbrellas advertising their teams sponsor saying I'd need umbrellas if I was going to use advertising tats, and I thought that the girls were wearing too many clothes and not enough bondage, and if the umbrellas were the important thing ... ah, I guess you had to be there.

Bondage umbrellas?

I approve. :)

Heheh :)

See, this is why I love this place :D

I consider DD_Restrained to be a must-have mod anymore, as it provides a fun way to get out of Devious Devices when they begin to overstay their welcome. ^_^ Obviously it wouldn't be good to do this during a race unless you happened to come across some travelers on the road (and you aren't too far behind), and even then they might do as much to hamper as help you!

Or if you want, instead of umbrella girls you get someone with a whip to welcome you at the finish line. Or both lol

On the tattoo part, what if you give it a look as if its was branded on you? Or have it for your racer number on your butt cheeks instead?

I consider DD_Restrained to be a must-have mod anymore, as it provides a fun way to get out of Devious Devices when they begin to overstay their welcome. ^_^ Obviously it wouldn't be good to do this during a race unless you happened to come across some travelers on the road (and you aren't too far behind), and even then they might do as much to hamper as help you!

What is DD_Restrained? I don't see anything by that name on the DD mods list...

edit: never mind, found it by adding "sexlab" to my google search. :)

Here's something the more technically minded among you. No change to the quest or the main content, but I've added a test cell where I can build the "bleacher" structures for the cages and test that the racing AI works. Plus a lot of ladies with no clothes and armbinders.

QAYL 0.1.2 ALPHA

Actually "alpha" is being a bit kind. It's more tech demo going on proof-of-concept.

Anyway, if anyone wants to try it, load it up and then open the console and type

coc qayl_warehouse
I suggest doing it with a character rather than just consoling-in from the main menu - if you do that the armbinders won't equip. Also, be aware that there's no way back to tamriel apart from coc-ing

Next up, sorting out the lock problem, and then maybe moving some of the test cell stuff to tamriel and setting up a proper race.

[edit]

Off topic, but there's something about watching a Kajiiti girl run wearning an armbinder. I just love to watch the way their tails move.

(but it's a good job the game physics isn't advanced enough for their tails to get caught by the cage gates. Owww... )

Here's something the more technically minded among you. No change to the quest or the main content, but I've added a test cell where I can build the "bleacher" structures for the cages and test that the racing AI works. Plus a lot of ladies with no clothes and armbinders.

QAYL 0.1.2 ALPHA

Actually "alpha" is being a bit kind. It's more tech demo going on proof-of-concept.

Anyway, if anyone wants to try it, load it up and then open the console and type

coc qayl_warehouse
I suggest doing it with a character rather than just consoling-in from the main menu - if you do that the armbinders won't equip. Also, be aware that there's no way back to tamriel apart from coc-ing

Next up, sorting out the lock problem, and then maybe moving some of the test cell stuff to tamriel and setting up a proper race.

[edit]

Off topic, but there's something about watching a Kajiiti girl run wearning an armbinder. I just love to watch the way their tails move.

(but it's a good job the game physics isn't advanced enough for their tails to get caught by the cage gates. Owww... )

The race works, although I needed to start it, the race official didn't seem to be bothered despite the exchange with him.  Having said that I've just realised that all three times I may not have given him enough time for the script to fire.

Not sure if it's just my system or if there is a tweak for it but I thought the armbinder was supposed to prevent sitting down and other animations?  In the racer pen there are lots of them sitting cross-legged with their handless arms in front of them. 

Despite it being a race the competitors seem quite happy to slow down to talk to you.  And the short one used the normal run animation, rather than the armbinder one.

It's great to see progress on this mod, thank you.

The race works, although I needed to start it, the race official didn't seem to be bothered despite the exchange with him. Having said that I've just realised that all three times I may not have given him enough time for the script to fire.

No, you're absolutely right. I was going to use him to start the test quest, and then realised that his dialogue wouldn't load until the quest was active, and so I ended up making the lever instead. One of a WIP bits in that place :)

Not sure if it's just my system or if there is a tweak for it but I thought the armbinder was supposed to prevent sitting down and other animations? In the racer pen there are lots of them sitting cross-legged with their handless arms in front of them.

I don't know, that happens to me as well. It might be because the binders are placed in their inventory rather than applied using the zadlibs API. (I get horrible papyrus crashes if I try and add four armbinders at once for some reason).

Despite it being a race the competitors seem quite happy to slow down to talk to you. And the short one used the normal run animation, rather than the armbinder one.

Interesting. The quest picks four girls at random from the cattle pen, so it's probably not the short one so much as a particular alias. I think there's a box I can tick to stop them stopping to talk. Right now I'm happy that they go where they're supposed to go :)

It's great to see progress on this mod, thank you.

Thanks for testing it out!

Another test build: This version should fix the problem of the cage staying locked no matter what. Not that it can't go wrong, but if it does it should at least be funny. Depending on your sense of humour, anyway :)

QAYL 0.1.3

It works a little differently to the previous version, so don't just expect the cage to unlock. You'll probably need a new char/clean save as well.

[edit]

There's a zip file with unpacked source files in the folder. They're for Soaryne who's having trouble with BSA unpackers. Most folks can just ignore them.

Another test build: This version should fix the problem of the cage staying locked no matter what. Not that it can't go wrong, but if it does it should at least be funny. Depending on your sense of humour, anyway :)

QAYL 0.1.3

It works a little differently to the previous version, so don't just expect the cage to unlock. You'll probably need a new char/clean save as well.

[edit]

There's a zip file with unpacked source files in the folder. They're for Soaryne who's having trouble with BSA unpackers. Most folks can just ignore them.

Just replaced previous version with this and it seems fine.

Like new note etc.  Good idea. 

maybe the second note should be a further test, anyone stupid enough to read it then gets to run somewhere else.  I saved before I read it as I thought it might do this. Is the candlestick relevant to anything?

Don't know if you've changed the race at all, one racer always lags behind the other 3, all works though.

Hehn. 

If you're going to write notes with such joyously sadistic things in "two or three months" you need a long quest to back it up.

he he.

I would say that it needs enchanted items to protect you a bit, especially for lower-level characters.  I'm level 50 and would need to de-activate the Monster Mod to survive this if my sneak wasn't maxed. 

Like new note etc. Good idea.

I must admit, I'm having way too much fun writing those notes :)

The candlestick was just there to help me find the table from above. Except I never got around to adding a flame, so it doesn't make much difference.

Don't know if you've changed the race at all, one racer always lags behind the other 3, all works though.

Well, I just double checked the racer packages. They'll probably be a bit less chatty now, but they were all set to run. I think part of the problem is that the girls on the top level have problems working out a route down, so they idle about until they have a clear path. I should probably look into preferred pathing at some point.

I would say that it needs enchanted items to protect you a bit, especially for lower-level characters. I'm level 50 and would need to de-activate the Monster Mod to survive this if my sneak wasn't maxed.

Hmmm... I'll need to think about balance at some point, certainly. Although with so many different mod combinations, I don't think there's going to be an easy solution.

In other news: I've got the Death Alternative working, just about anyway. The blackout ends a little too soon at the moment, but I think I can fix that. I've also been looking at tattoo designs again:

e9YwdX0.png

Hopefully that looks suitably low tech for the setting :)

Oooh, that looks pretty damn good to me, actually. :D

To be constructive, I don't know if the yellow or whatever color that is that appears to be outlining the text is necessary, though. The writing seems to stand out well enough on it's own, imo.

It's a white glow, but it's translucent so it picks up the skin color.

And you're quite right, it's perfectly clear without the glow. The only reason it's there is in case there's another belly tat or texture in place and I have to apply over the top.