According to the DA page on Nexus, there are a few places where it could mess things up and in those cases you just die rather than kicking off a quest. I know Skuldafn is one, Sovngarde is another I assume, and i think the Thalmor Embassy is one as well. BalorMarr could tell you better than I can.

As regards the MCM menu for DA: I'm not aware of any issues as such, except there's two levels of "death" bleedout and blackout. If the bleedout quests run with two high a priority QAYL may never trigger. Similarly there's a large number of blackout level quests all competing for a spot. You can prioritise and disable all of these to try and get QAYL to trigger, or just let DA do its thing knowing that one day this one is going to happen. Personally, I think I'd be tempted to disable everything buy qayl until the quest triggers, and then re-enable the others

According to the DA page on Nexus, there are a few places where it could mess things up and in those cases you just die rather than kicking off a quest. I know Skuldafn is one, Sovngarde is another I assume, and i think the Thalmor Embassy is one as well. BalorMarr could tell you better than I can. As regards the MCM menu for DA: I'm not aware of any issues as such, except there's two levels of "death" bleedout and blackout. If the bleedout quests run with two high a priority QAYL may never trigger. Similarly there's a large number of blackout level quests all competing for a spot. You can prioritise and disable all of these to try and get QAYL to trigger, or just let DA do its thing knowing that one day this one is going to happen. Personally, I think I'd be tempted to disable everything buy qayl until the quest triggers, and then re-enable the others

I see the cut scenes and everything. DA integration seemed to work as it should, at least in the defeat phase.

It's just that when I'm returned to Skyrim, to start the run, I'm unable to regain control of the character. She just lies on the road in a pose that suggests that she's still ragdolling.

qayl has started, and placed the quest marker for the first note. If I start qayl manually, bindings and tats are not applied.

Interesting. That's what I'd expected to happen in the first place, but which never does when I try it.

Out of curiosity, does the head tracking work for you in the cut-scene? In the second and third segments (the ones where there's a light on) the PC is supposed to look at the speaker and save hunting around for the one bright patch in a pitch black world. I tried all sorts with no luck, (including rotating the PC which works in a test cell just fine)

... I bet I know the problem is in your case. Give me ten minutes :)

[edit]

Yeah - bindings and tats now get applied during the cutscene so I can sneak them in under cover of darkness. Ideally, I'd like the first time player to get a complete surprise when the see the state of their toon when the darkness clears :)

Experimented with the 0.2.0 version.

Looks very promising.

Some things I encountered:

1) Encountered what XAZ described, for me worked disabling ragdolling animation in DA --> instead of default Ragdoll and Bleedout, changed to just Bleedout

2) slavetats were not applying until I downloaded the latest version of slavetats. Perhaps this should be mentioned in start page

3) Sometimes the cutscene not appeared, just the message boxes on a black screen and then the quest started. Could not determine which condition caused the custcene to disappear

4) Sometimes at the beginning - when I read the note quest stage was not advancing. I guess some sort of conflicting event could've broken it

OK, revised link. A few bug fixes from last night, a few tats tweaked, and I actually stop the quest that runs the dark scene, so the package alias that's making the PC lie in bleedout should be removed letting her move normally.

Fingers crossed :)

qayl 0.2.1

Good catch. No it isn't, and that'll teach me to trust archive.exe to pack up the needed files.

I didn't even think I'd edited those files. Possibly I accidentally added a space somewhere... Oh well, once more unto the breach!

Packing .bsa files must be tricky... I know lots of other modders post updates, only to have something completely random missing from the file, breaking everything. Seems everything about modding Skyrim is wacky. ^_^

Yeah, you got that right :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7ogiuu6v95vu22/qayl_0_2_2.7z

0.2.2 : should be the same but the conflicting daymoyl script and source file have been removed. Little by little :)

I just had a horrible thought. I've got these great big structures for start and end points (call 'em "bleachers") and I've got them all linked to an enable-parent so I can hide them when they're not in use. And when they are, they look AWESOME.

The trouble is ... navmeshing. I can't extend the local navmesh to cover the bleachers without damaging the mesh when they're not in place. So NPC racers won't be able to find their cages. And I really don't know what to do about that. I could just put a glowing portal at start and end and have the final section run through a cell I create, but that seems .. a bit of a let down compared to what I wanted to do.

Any ideas anyone? This isn't a complete show-stopper, but I'd far prefer to have it the way I imagined it if I can...

Packing .bsa files must be tricky... I know lots of other modders post updates, only to have something completely random missing from the file, breaking everything. Seems everything about modding Skyrim is wacky. ^_^

Yeah, you got that right :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7ogiuu6v95vu22/qayl_0_2_2.7z

0.2.2 : should be the same but the conflicting daymoyl script and source file have been removed. Little by little :)

Worked well for me. Ran through the entire scenario, I think. (I got quest completion.)

Hey, fantastic :) I've got a couple of things I promised to look at, and then we'll see about an actual race.

Thinking about the next installment... I might start by setting up a meet with the fellow who nursed the player back to health in the first part. That way I can give a chance to join in voluntarily. And if not ... well, one way or another you'll be racing, but it at least lets me get the race working and worry about other hooks afterward.

Anyone know if it's possible to disable navmesh? It occurs to me that all I need is an open triangle...

If you just want to disable an area of navmesh I think most just use collision markers,

from what I understand as long as the collision marker Reference > Primitive > collision layer is L_NAVCUT it cuts the navmesh the same as disabling it. so as long as the navmesh is inside the collision marker it should not be used,

Not sure how the BYOH mod does it but you might want to take a look at that.

Im having some trouble getting the mod to work. I have all the required mods, (Only using DA not submit/defeat) and when I try to get a blackout nothing triggers. The game just reloads my last save like a true death. Are there some settings in DA that I am unaware of or do I also need DA Captured?

Im having some trouble getting the mod to work. I have all the required mods, (Only using DA not submit/defeat) and when I try to get a blackout nothing triggers. The game just reloads my last save like a true death. Are there some settings in DA that I am unaware of or do I also need DA Captured?

did you see the fix in this thread one page back?

edit: I take it back. I black out and then the screen just pops back up again with "you still have some life in you" and nothing in the DA bar. Two hits later, I'm dead. I hate DA. It's why I don't use SD anymore. It never works right.

Do me a favour: purely as a test, try disabling all the DA bleedout and blackout quests apart from QAYL and see if it still happens.

My usual test methodology is to do that, set DA difficulty to hardcore and the game difficulty to legendary, and then go and have a word with the steam centurion I keep penned in my test cell. That's usually one hit for bleedout and another for blackout. And (pause to test the mod again) the quest triggers every time.

I suspect that some of the other blackout quests sometimes trigger when they shouldn't and because the quest can't start you get the "still have some life left in you" line. On the other hand, if it's QAYL that's not starting for some reason, that would have the same effect...

[edit]

I can always put a non-DA hook into the quest if people want one.

Just gave this mod a try this evening.  Looks fun!  I love the tone in the notes to the PC, especially.

It might be interesting, expanding on doing multiple races and such later, if people recognized you from the races.  Maybe a generic response from guards, or from people at the Thalmor Embassy.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Do me a favour: purely as a test, try disabling all the DA bleedout and blackout quests apart from QAYL and see if it still happens.

My usual test methodology is to do that, set DA difficulty to hardcore and the game difficulty to legendary, and then go and have a word with the steam centurion I keep penned in my test cell. That's usually one hit for bleedout and another for blackout. And (pause to test the mod again) the quest triggers every time.

I suspect that some of the other blackout quests sometimes trigger when they shouldn't and because the quest can't start you get the "still have some life left in you" line. On the other hand, if it's QAYL that's not starting for some reason, that would have the same effect...

[edit]

I can always put a non-DA hook into the quest if people want one.

I set DA to hardcore and am using on the bleed out animation. (No rag doll)  I disabled all blackout/bleedout quests but QAYL was not on the list to disable. I tried re downloading DA and QAYL with the same result of true death after each blackout.  I am fairly new to the modding community and realize that the answer may be in front of my face.

(Since I cannot post an attachment or link here is the address that goes after imgur: 9gbJ3hf) That is a screenshot of the blackout quest options.

So I gave this mod a try and seem to be having an above issue. Basically it gives the message that I still have a little life left and goes into the black screen bleedout. However, I can't seem to get rid of the black screen like I normally can using the utilities. However, I did try and coc somewhere else and when I did the black screen disappeared and it showed my character being dragged throw invisible water all twisted up. That's probably an issue.

When I tried to start the quest the old way before it became a DA-add-on, it transported me to the one end, however nothing was removed or changed. I just appeared in that area.

@DrDeaf:

That's where it ought to be all right. And as you say, there it isn't.

Oh well, at least we know why it's not starting.

Is there a qayl.seq file in the data/seq folder?

What prints if you open the console and type

sqv qayl_da
Basically, I'm interested in if it's running or not. If not, try starting it

startquest qayl_da
And see if it appears in the DA menu.

@SonKevin:

Just out of curiosity, does QAYL show up in your DA MCM menu? There may be a pattern here...

I just had a horrible thought. I've got these great big structures for start and end points (call 'em "bleachers") and I've got them all linked to an enable-parent so I can hide them when they're not in use. And when they are, they look AWESOME.

The trouble is ... navmeshing. I can't extend the local navmesh to cover the bleachers without damaging the mesh when they're not in place. So NPC racers won't be able to find their cages. And I really don't know what to do about that. I could just put a glowing portal at start and end and have the final section run through a cell I create, but that seems .. a bit of a let down compared to what I wanted to do.

Any ideas anyone? This isn't a complete show-stopper, but I'd far prefer to have it the way I imagined it if I can...

Maybe not something you can work with, but how about you keep most of the structure there, or build it into some kind of ruin or similar thing (I'm assuming similar to the structures with the cages in the test zone?) to make it blend with the landscape.

Then when the quest start you enable only cages or other bondage/kink related things? Navmesh could work well with that anyway. Of course, it'd be a permanent alteration to Skyrim landscape, but that's fine, I think ...

Maybe not something you can work with, but how about you keep most of the structure there, or build it into some kind of ruin or similar thing (I'm assuming similar to the structures with the cages in the test zone?) to make it blend with the landscape.

Then when the quest start you enable only cages or other bondage/kink related things? Navmesh could work well with that anyway. Of course, it'd be a permanent alteration to Skyrim landscape, but that's fine, I think ...

That would work, but there a few places I'm thinking of putting these things where they just wouldn't work as permanent fixtures. One thing to do might be to lose the ramp entirely and have a local teleportal that moved the runners from the ground onto the platform. Or I could use an activator primitive that did the same thing when an NPC reached the bottom of the ramp and hope the blink as they jump a couple of feet isn't too jarring.

Worst case, I can always stick the start and end points in my own cells and just create portals in Tamriel. The advantge of that is that I can make some really interesting settings. And I can always add some caged finish lines to the world for later quests.

Of course, before that i need to get the hook for the next race sorted out :)