I don't suppose I'll ever get one that everyone likes. ("Likes" may not even be the right word here :))

Still short term, it'll be a soft depend on slavetats. So if you don't use that you won't see any ink on your girl.

If you do, but if you don't like the tat, you can use slavetats to change or remove it.

Longer term, yeah, definitely an mcm option

"Likes' may not even be the right word" As the player behind the toon, I believe the less I like it, the more it has your intended effect. Just a guess though! Personally, I prefer the tats would be degrading and be forced on the PC. Removal of said tat, being a much more potent incentive than retrieving my gear, would have me racing (pun intended) across all the frozen wastes of Skyrim.

I know we all have different tastes and styles as players. It is next to impossible to please more than a few, let alone everyone. So choice seems like the best option, albeit the most work.

Slave Tats as a soft option is probably the most efficient way to go, as it allows people to forgo, change or create.

I love the concept and can not wait to try it out. Thank you so much for coming back and sharing this.

It might also be nice if the 'tattoos' were not treated as actual tattoos, but maybe things the captors have drawn onto the contestants. In other words, they're meant to be humiliating, but only for the length of the competition and not a permanent change to anyone involved.

I think you have to move the tattoo a bit higher or make it smaller for people using not shaved skins otherwise this arrow lies over public hair.

You're absolutely right. I thought I'd done that already, but I didn't take pupes into account at all. Oh well, it's easy enough to move it :)

"Likes' may not even be the right word" As the player behind the toon, I believe the less I like it, the more it has your intended effect.

I am unable to confirm or deny those rumours at this time ;)

Just a guess though! Personally, I prefer the tats would be degrading and be forced on the PC. Removal of said tat, being a much more potent incentive than retrieving my gear, would have me racing (pun intended) across all the frozen wastes of Skyrim.

I had planned to eventually make them removable by praying at a shrine of Mara, but I can see advantages to just putting a bottle of solvent in the cage at the end :)

I know we all have different tastes and styles as players. It is next to impossible to please more than a few, let alone everyone. So choice seems like the best option, albeit the most work.

Slave Tats as a soft option is probably the most efficient way to go, as it allows people to forgo, change or create.

I love the concept and can not wait to try it out. Thank you so much for coming back and sharing this.

No problem at all :)

It might also be nice if the 'tattoos' were not treated as actual tattoos, but maybe things the captors have drawn onto the contestants. In other words, they're meant to be humiliating, but only for the length of the competition and not a permanent change to anyone involved.

Oh, I wouldn't do that to anyone permanently :)

One other thought - perhaps removing the tattoo could be part of the whole quest. After the race, the player must find a way to remove it. Until that time, NPC's who see it continue to take is as an invitation.

One other thought - perhaps removing the tattoo could be part of the whole quest. After the race, the player must find a way to remove it. Until that time, NPC's who see it continue to take is as an invitation.

Or at least commenting on it when you're not bound and apparently going about your normal business.  Think I said above or possibly in another thread in GGBlackmail for Oblivion the NPC rude comments about you and your reputation are a fantastic addition.  Simple lines that were worth more than a further assault, although raised chance for that would be good too, especially if it triggered with relevant dialogue.

Tattoo removal by Dwemer machine in the darkest, dankest depths of Blackreach.  Expensive.

Normally I would say the "tattoos" should just be drawn on with ink and paint therefore should come off easily by the end of the quest, or maybe removable when armbinder has been struggled off. Although if the mod does take into account of NPC interactions and reactions to characters having a difficult to remove tattoos that PC has to "work" to get rid of does sound have its appeal :P

But then wearing clothing that covers up the tattoo should makes it hidden from view.

So maybe I should start calling this mod LADD, then? Live A Devious Death :)

I think it's probably a mistake to think of tattoos too literally. I suspect these are probably a persistent, hard-to-dispel magical effect. Maybe locked to a thaumaturgical key so the caster can remove them, and as can anyoen of his guild let's say. But for outsiders they're effectively permanent. Of course, that would mean that the solvent potion was more "potion" and less "solvent".

Still, linking it to an active magical effect would let me set keywords and I could use keywords to add topics to conversations. Of course, they'd have to be visible ... I do have an idea for a forced nudity mod [1] so nasty comments about tattoos would work well with that.

As for removing them ... I like the idea of a dwemer machine to do it, but I don't think I'd send the player down into the blackreach to find it. Calcelmo's probably studying one and would love to try it out on a real subject. No, instead, I think I'd send the player down into the Blackreach to mine for the special soul gems needed to make it work. (Maybe with an option to persuade Alicantar to raid his uncle's research materials. You might have to be very persuasive, though...)

I guess I like the cyberpunk parallels. Bad guys have encrypted spell effects (a curse by any other name...) But the dwemmer built a machine to brute force magical encryption as part of their ongoing attempts to hack Divinity. It's weird, but seems oddly plausible in context

Seems like the dwemer machine from estrus Charus would work pretty well for this. Just a slight adjustment where the one arm moves.

Of course, I'm not an animator, so that probably wouldn't be quite so easy...

I like the idea of a dwemer machine to do it, but I don't think I'd send the player down into the blackreach to find it. Calcelmo's probably studying one and would love to try it out on a real subject.

DASTARD removes all Tattoos - or so :D

Just kidding - and looking forward to this being finished.

Seems like the dwemer machine from estrus Charus would work pretty well for this. Just a slight adjustment where the one arm moves.

It's been a while since I loaded Estrus Chaurus. Is that the contraption in the stairwell at Alftand? I wondered where that came from...

I know what you mean. I'm passable with 2D graphic when I have to be, but I can't animate for the world.

DASTARD removes all Tattoos - or so :D

Yup. Along with personality, individuality, unsightly blemishes, and all traces of free will :)

Just kidding - and looking forward to this being finished.

Nice to see you again, Trinar :)

A quick update:

DD integration works, except I've been having problems keeping it from turning the lights on too early. I've got a workaround for that in place and working. Needs a little tweaking yet, just to get some timings sorted out.

After that i should be about ready for another testing release. I think I'll keep the initial solo run as a solo run and save the competitive events for the following races.

Still a bunch of stuff to do, but it's moving forward :)

[edit]

Got the DA integration working; the introductory scene is working well enough for now; the salvetat soft depend is working; tattoos are working. I want to check a couple of things and maybe play with imagespace modifiers a little, perhaps run up a couple more tats so you're not sure what you'll get. But with a bit of luck I can a 0.2 release ready by the weekend. Or not, as the case may be :) I'm fairly hopeful though.

Or maybe give you like a dibella necklace, would that be a nice idea to sort of mark her?

You mean make it so the tattoo comes off with the collar? It's an idea. I was thinking it could be removed by praying at a shrine of Mara, but I like the idea. I'll have a think...

OH no, I meant an amulet of dibella, like the one there is in the vanilla game :P

I think if you run around naked in Tamriel with a Dibellan necklace around your neck, people will assume certain ... things :P

Is that something from a mod? Or just a general observation based on game lore? :)

Personally, I see this one as having less to do with Dibella, or even Sanguine. I think this one is squarely in the domain of Molag Bal :D

Hircine could probably be persuaded to take an interest too, thinking about it...

no estrus requirement please 

The regular Estrus mod isn't bad, but I always have problems with Estrus Chaurus... or to be more precise, its requirement, 'Actor Events'... it spams my Papyrus logs and generally makes my game more crashy and unable to load. I really wish Actor Events could be written out of Estrus Chaurus, since other pregnancy mods don't seem to have this kindof requirement. But again, if you do want to use Estrus for Skyrim, that at least doesn't have any weird requirements.

That's a shame, really. The idea behind Actor Events was to have one cloak spell polling everyone around for stat changes, rather than every mod having on or more of its own. Of course, if only works if a lot of other mods use it, and it it hammers performance, than they're not going to.

It's still a good idea though. I wonder if it can be rescued.

No plans to involve Charus or Estrus at this time. (Although chaurus may involve themselves, depending on the route and what mods people are running...) I do have an idea for a potion remover quest, and it should be a bit of fun. In the short term though it'll be slavetats and then potions while I get some racecourses sorted out.

I've hit a small speedbump applying random NPC tats (no fun if all the competitors wore the same thing, after all;). Basically my code works for the PC but NPCs need a little more setting up. Nothing major. If I add a tat through slavetats first, it works as expected. Pretty much, anyway.

I've got about 8 tatoos to choose from at the moment. Probably be more in due course. I'm going to set up a walkway in the warehouse where I can spam different tats on different races just to make sure they work properly.

888TGqR.png

One of the young ladies helping me debug the tattoo system :)

[edit]

Got the tattoo initialisation problems solved, anyway :)

Sn6tFKD.jpg

Still to do:

* make sure that the intro scene links up with the actual running part. I've been monkeying around with that, and I'm not convinced

* try and use some imagespace modifiers to fade some things in and out.

* tweak a few tattoo sizes - some of them are too tall. One of them, very much so. Just tweak the major issues for now.

* put the player stuff back in the chest again

And after that, the next release.

mmm I don't know how much you want to work on the tattoos and their removal. If you are having fun doing it, go right ahead. But if Slavetat is going to be a soft dependence for tattoos to show up there's a pretty good chance players might not have it. Slavetats also works better with Racemenu than ECE and right now I think ECE is still more popular.

Although I use RM and Slavetats so I won't stop you.  :P

As for the tattoos removal I was thinking it would be something simpler. There might be different tattoos or "body paint" with varying degrees of difficult to get them off. Some might just need the PC's arms to be free. Some might need water around. Some might require items, I was thinking something simple like a piece of soap or something. Or maybe some that takes time to remove so it might takes multiple days trying to wash it off to get it off completely.

Well, I'm about done with the tats until I get through my todo list for the next release. After that I want to get some racecourse set and races run. Then I'll maybe worry about side quests :)

(Which isn't to say I might not take a shot at hacking slavetats to use jcontainers in the process, mind)

Currently: having fun with imagespace modifiers. There's a bit of a scripted cutscene in this next release, and I want to get it right. Or at least get it so it only fails in a small number of unexpected ways :)

To add to Jordisslave's recommendation...

This is a great, simple idea.

Just had a very intense 30 minutes, I would have been toast if my sneak wasn't maxed out.  Is the complete loss of stamina thus inability to escape from the armbinder part of this mod or a hangover as I have some existing effects from Wear And Tear?  Did I not read something?  Sorry if so.

Cage didn't unlock for me either (maybe script doesn't fire properly if you wait through it?), even when the quest updated but np console unlock.

This quest should be attached to high-value lootable chests in certain locations, like the enslave script attached to some furniture in PSE in Oblivion.  Slightly different notes and notifications would be all that was needed for that.

Personally speaking I'd like wait/sleep unavailable in cage too, just periodic struggle and frustrating wait, can understand most wouldn't want that.  (I think I can mod that in on my own copy)

Maybe a curious NPC would wander up and talk to you through the cage, you could only grunt and murmur in answer, the right responses distracting them from the chest, the wrong ones, well, they might just like your gold, or maybe you're getting nothing back, maybe they even get your house key.

This could also be a revenge action:

After you've stolen a bit too much from an NPC a new entry appears in your journal "You've really pissed off NPC, they have sworn retribution", after that a small chance of it happening when you sleep at home, unless you kill the NPC first.

Work courtesy of The Kidnappers' Guild.

This quest should be attached to high-value lootable chests in certain locations, like the enslave script attached to some furniture in PSE in Oblivion. Slightly different notes and notifications would be all that was needed for that.

Interesting idea. I never saw that PSE episode. Sounds fun though :)

Personally speaking I'd like wait/sleep unavailable in cage too, just periodic struggle and frustrating wait, can understand most wouldn't want that. (I think I can mod that in on my own copy)

Fair enough. I just all seemed to fit together nicely. The vulnerablity of sleeping, the creepy note that said "we didn't like to wake you, but next time..." and of course, if you run dangerous nights, there's always a chance that you'll wake up with a big spider in the cage.

Crumbs, never had a spider when I used Dangerous Nights, was nearly always "Stranger" and nearly always female dark elf.

I think I was vulnerable enough as I couldn't get the armbinder off but I see what you mean.  Real life doesn't (sadly) afford the long helpless periods of restraint, and no-one wants to mod them (reasonably enough) as there's no gameplay, as such.  Been staring at Captured Dreams scripts trying to work out how to make one of the display model's routines apply to the PC and trigger it in a quest.  Scripts in fragment/framework structure like that hurt my head.

In Oblivion Player Slave Encounters you have to get an amulet from Alessia Caro, I made the mistake of looking for it in her room,

the desk was booby-trapped and enslaved me until she came in and took over.

also happened in another location, not directly relating to the quest, as I recall.  The leashing in that works very well, I've only seen it in XPO in Skyrim, unfortunately.

I thought with your mod if you broke in somewhere less than upright, like the mansion in Riften, stealing from an obviously important desk/cupboard might result in black screen/notification of gas/magic effect/bash on the head knocks you out/wake up restrained in the wilderness/note from Maven.  Don't expect Jarl's would do this, not all of them, any way.

Siddgeir (Yarl of Falkreach) would also make a good starting point.

Hell, he hires the dragonborn to kill off some bandit's he doesn't feel like paying (which means he screws them)....

So change up the reward he offers at the end for doing this service to...

A club to the back of the head by his house carl, fade to black and then you wake up (bound -n- gag'd  in a cage)

With the note saying something like...

Thanks for doing my dirty work for me Dragonborn.

I've decided not to pay you as well and instead have handed you over to some slavers for a bit of coin...

Enjoy, Yours sincerely Siddgeir.

After reading that I'ld want to finish the slave race just to go back to Falkreach and find that SOB to shank his ass...

Then again, if you've become submissive you may find you way back to him with a collar on and ask him to be your new master (tie in to SD+).

There are a couple of other shady folks in the vanilla game that this could worked for as well...

Both were back on page 2 of this thread... now I gotta finish reading everything else...