Looking down the line, I would love the opportunity to get revenge on the people who did this to my character. Any chance of an end game, perhaps featuring tying up the assholes responsible and cramming things up their orifices a la The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo?

@jfraser: would be nice to have an option for revenge that didn't involve summary justice and bloody retribution :)

@zouzou: yeah, the last release has proved unexpectedly glitch prone with that scene. I think I know why as well - I changed how it starts. If DA recovers too fast, the scene could be starting before the quest is ready.

I won't have much time before the weekend, but I'll see about getting a fix out asap

played it through without any problems. V2.2 very nice work. Thankfully, after being caught by every Tom, dick and bandit I passed, courtesy of D.H.,  there were some compassionate people in Riften who helped me, and a convenient horse found along the way made the next part of the journey much safer.

The cage worked like a charm.

No tattoo, but ya can't have everything.

Are the start and end locations chosen at random? I was somewhat surprised, and I admit grateful too, that they were in such close proximity.

All in all great work, and looking forward to the next step along the way. Thanks for sharing.

Played v2.2 through twice and it has worked perfectly, other than the tattoo which only appeared on reload.  The extra note that you don't have to read to progress was a nice touch too :heart: , a fun surprise several hours later.

Thanks Doc.

Looking forward to hook-in other than DA as I try not to lose fights.  After 3 hours of play yesterday I remembered I needed to lose a fight for this to kick in...

Just out of curiosity before I try this mod... what happens if I die (enter blackout) again enroute to my gear? A second quest? Does the first chest for of stuff go away and a second appear. Hoping to test this out Tuesday or Thursday but 5 16 hour shifts is making life hard atm.

Thankfully, after being caught by every Tom, dick and bandit I passed, courtesy of D.H., there were some compassionate people in Riften who helped me, and a convenient horse found along the way made the next part of the journey much safer.

That's what I like to hear. I mean... maybe I should re-phrase that... :)

No tattoo, but ya can't have everything.

Hmm OK. Do you have slavetats installed?

Are the start and end locations chosen at random? I was somewhat surprised, and I admit grateful too, that they were in such close proximity.

Not yet. I'm planning to have a number of set routes and randomly select among them. That's the next big thing. That and some hooks to get the player into her starting cage, of course.

All in all great work, and looking forward to the next step along the way. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

Played v2.2 through twice and it has worked perfectly, other than the tattoo which only appeared on reload. The extra note that you don't have to read to progress was a nice touch too [ :heart:] , a fun surprise several hours later.

Thanks Doc.

You're welcome :)

Looking forward to hook-in other than DA as I try not to lose fights. After 3 hours of play yesterday I remembered I needed to lose a fight for this to kick in...

Working on it :)

Just out of curiosity before I try this mod... what happens if I die (enter blackout) again enroute to my gear?

Depends on what else is enabled on DA. QAYL won't start if it's already running, but SD+, Defeat and the various quests that come bundled with DA will kick in if they're enabled.

Hoping to test this out Tuesday or Thursday but 5 16 hour shifts is making life hard atm.

I bet!

Trying this out for the first time today, I've gotten the black room w/candle issue each time I've had it trigger (about 4 times thus far).  Might be related to bloat on my Skyrim install, which is probably going to get nuked soon anyway so I can start clean, but I was just curious as to whether there was another way to get this to start at this stage or is it strictly as a DA trigger?

Currently - not really. You can skip DA but the black-room scene is also the one that applies the restraints and starts the main quest, so you'd be no further forward really.

I'm hoping to have a fix out in a day or so. Possibly including a non-DA trigger. RL allowing, anywy :)

Currently - not really. You can skip DA but the black-room scene is also the one that applies the restraints and starts the main quest, so you'd be no further forward really.

Yea about that, I keep reading about a black room you're supposed to go to. But I don't remember going to such a room. I just blacked out, and suddenly my character was restrained in the middle of nowhere. Everything worked fine, but there was no room for me as far as I can tell. 

There's supposed to be a scene between blacking out and waking up by the Morrowind gate.

It seems to be a little glitchy in this release. The first time I tried this I but an OnUpdate delay into the script so the quest would have time to initialise. The second time, I was already waiting on a callback for the DA recovery sequence, so I thought I probably wouldn't need two. That seems to have been ill-advised.

I think I have that sorted out now (just worked when I tested it anyway) but there are a couple of things about that scene that didn't work quite right and I think I know how to fix them too.

This rocks so far, thanks for making it

I had a little trouble getting this to work - I would get stuck in the black screen after blackout - might have been my fault due to a mod conflict, as it worked fine after I disabled Sexlabs Defeat and reloaded.

A tie up with the ponygirl wip would be impressive, as would captured dreams, hope this all comes to pass.

Re the Tattoos - a bit garish for my taste but they are supposed to be racing colours, so that makes sense.  Also the more garish they are the more humiliating.  Personally, I wouldn't make them too easy to remove - maybe another note offering to remove them if the PC agrees to do a few more tasks.

The thing I liked most about the humiliation mod for Oblivion was you becoming the talk of the town after each exploit - I don't know how dialogue works in Skyrim, but something similar would be good to see

A tie up with the ponygirl wip would be impressive, as would captured dreams, hope this all comes to pass.

With the ponygirls, certainly. With CD, Veladarius has said that he wants to keep interaction with other mods to a minumum because of the complexity soft dependencies can add. That said, once I have a few races in place, I may see if he'll let me borrow Master for long enough to send the PC off to the races for the day ;)

Re the Tattoos - a bit garish for my taste but they are supposed to be racing colours, so that makes sense.  Also the more garish they are the more humiliating.  Personally, I wouldn't make them too easy to remove - maybe another note offering to remove them if the PC agrees to do a few more tasks.

We're looking into lockable tattoos at the moment. Once I can do that, we can do some DD/Captured Dreams things with the tattoos.

The thing I liked most about the humiliation mod for Oblivion was you becoming the talk of the town after each exploit - I don't know how dialogue works in Skyrim, but something similar would be good to see

I'd love to do that. I didn't have a lot of luck the last time I tried messing with greets and npc conversations, but I'll happily give it another go, if only so as to have the tattoos draw comment :) 

For all stuck in the black room, try using the following command in it:

setstage qayl_dark_quest 20

Gave me some text and started the main quest (race)

Yeah, that'll work. And it'll remove the black screen that stuck to people who coc-ed their way out.

Good catch. I should have thought of that one myself :)

I'd love to do that. I didn't have a lot of luck the last time I tried messing with greets and npc conversations, but I'll happily give it another go, if only so as to have the tattoos draw comment :) 

I haven't attempted to mod Skyrim before, but I want to try as an experiment creating comments from passers-by based on PC hygiene level - the worse it is the more abusive they get.  If I can make it work I'll put it up.

I may be being a bit ambitious for my first attempt though :lol:

Hey, go for it! It's the only way you learn :)

Look at the misc dialogue section on the quests for existing comments. There's a CK function to dump ALL the dialogue to a text file. I seem to remember that being useful for finding which line came from which quest.

There are also "Hello" and "PlayerActivatesActor" events that can launch radiant quests and hence be used to start scenes. I had vague plans for a Slaverun Enforcer style mod called "Naked In Windhelm" that was going to use those events to make things happen.

Interestingly enough, I loaded up a save I'd made outside the bandit cave I had been trying to get beat down inside of previously after having been away from the house for a while and restarting Skyrim, and the quest line started just fine without the console command I'd readied to type. Ran through it (literally) with no problems; everything seems to be working just fine. Awesome stuff, can't wait to see how this one further develops!

Guest ruger392

Same problem as Selenia. I'll get knocked out by anything (in this case it was the steam centurion in qayl_warehouse), the screen will black out and a few seconds later black in with me still being in the same spot, however the enemies are oddly calm and won't attack me unless I attack them.

sqv qayl shows that the quest is not started, is disabled and has no aliases filled.

qayl_da is started and enabled

qayl_da_kickoff is not started, is disabled and has aliases filled.

I also tried starting a new game and got the same result.

Papyrus log attached:

I may be having same same problem as Selenia and ruger392.

D.A is installed version 4.56, QAYL version 2.2 is in the blackout list and even set it to 99% priority to test it out.

All the player do was bleed out and then black out. After the black screen, a message said "you still have some life in you" appear.

Player got attacked again and balck out again and then back to the last save point.

Do i do something wrong?