I must admit, that's something I've been kicking around in my head for a bit now: how to start subsequent races after the first one.

The original idea was to make them all DA events. But they're going to be a bit infrequent. Hired thugs, treacherous employers, sleep time kidnapping, are all possibilities.

There's also maybe the option down the way a bit to use a captured dream like scenario, with the PC let loose with instructions to turn up in X days. Or maybe just periodically send a messenger with a note saying "strip naked, put on your racing tack and meet me at ..."

Or some mixture of the above. Opinions welcome :)

There are a couple of other shady folks in the vanilla game that this could worked for as well...

Both were back on page 2 of this thread... now I gotta finish reading everything else...

There are so many shady characters, with short guidelines of where to enter the note text in the CK and the script fragment text that drags you into the races loads of people on here could be creating their own little ESPs for the characters they most distrusted that would plug into this doing their own personal work on the conversation trees that cause you to become entangled. 

Ultimately it would be the same quest that you might fall into or seek out but it could be fun to see different people's sadistic or playful or pervy approach to the dialogue that gets you there.  Once you have the script you need to fire at the end (and maybe non-compulsory variables to define to determine some details of the quest) conversation trees are very straightforward to do, as long as you plan them out and remember to link them.

Doesn't the Greybeard Big Cheese tell you to go away and not be so impatient at some point?  Even he could enforce a bit of a break before you went back.  A cold, dangerous, exhausting break.  In fact just running up or down the 7,000 steps would be arduous and perilous enough if you'd fast-travelled there and not cleared it on the way up, he might just turf you out of the front door naked at that point to pick your stuff up in Ivarsted.

Bloody hell... I just got caught up (nice read, lots of stuff)...

I had another idea for the tat's that is really different from where you went...

I was thinking about a splash of goat blood for a base (to cover over any underlying tattoo's) then Sparkly Semen for the letters (3DM semen replacer set is nice and shiny).

This way it would actually attract animals like Sabercat's, wolves, and bears (maybe even a sneak de-buff as animals would be more attracted to the scent of fresh blood).

Now throw on top of that your enchanted option....

And you have a tat that is sparkly white semen on a bloody background saying something offensive to the wearer and makes them easier to spot by animals...That is hard as hell to remove!!!

I wonder if that is sadistic enough... probably not.

I had another idea for the tat's that is really different from where you went...

I was thinking about a splash of goat blood for a base (to cover over any underlying tattoo's) then Sparkly Semen for the letters (3DM semen replacer set is nice and shiny).

This way it would actually attract animals like Sabercat's, wolves, and bears (maybe even a sneak de-buff as animals would be more attracted to the scent of fresh blood).

And you have a tat that is sparkly white semen on a bloody background saying something offensive to the wearer and makes them easier to spot by animals...That is hard as hell to remove!!!

Evil Bastard!

I must admit, that's something I've been kicking around in my head for a bit now: how to start subsequent races after the first one.

The original idea was to make them all DA events. But they're going to be a bit infrequent. Hired thugs, treacherous employers, sleep time kidnapping, are all possibilities.

There's also maybe the option down the way a bit to use a captured dream like scenario, with the PC let loose with instructions to turn up in X days. Or maybe just periodically send a messenger with a note saying "strip naked, put on your racing tack and meet me at ..."

Or some mixture of the above. Opinions welcome :)

Firstly, for those of us who've been thinking about this rather too much could you include the possibility of ending up in storage and/or then straight away in another race if we don't win?

To link 2 races together via narrative there might be someone who lost a lot of money on one of my competitors if I won my race? 

"You were a quick little slave racer, cost me a pile of septims the other day.  Me and the boys think you should be paying some of that back"

1: "You were gambling, thems the rules, win some, lose some motherfucker" (yeah OK, wouldn't include MF but it just seemed to fit there) (fight, likely but not definitely lose, lose > DA event into race); or

2: "Er, I have gold, how much do I owe you?" (random chance to accept gold, otherwise "I had something better in mind..."); or

3: "So..you want me to race again?  *blushes* You only had to ask!" ((I fear this one represents me))

Blackmail is an obvious one but works.  NPC asks me to steal/murder and afterwards instead of paying me presents damning evidence the Jarl/guards might like to see.  Mentions races they have a financial interest in that I'm going to be part of.  Real 50,000 bounty if I refuse at any point (so dialogues would need to suggest it was a significant theft/murder).  Otherwise your scenario above, occasional notes and places to be.  The evidence should be stealable but difficult to find so I can confront them and finish things if I wish.  Blackmailer should be essential until you have the evidence.

While trussed up I could still carry inventory items, even if I can't get at them other people could add or remove them.  So (this is basically from the ponygirl idea/wip thread) I've wronged someone (some random NPC starts a fight in the wilderness, I kill them, obv., then find out they were an idiot but worked at a struggling farm which now doesn't have enough workers.) I either own up or bounty hunter finds me and I'm forced to help the farm until they get back on their feet.  Timed runs to out-of-town farms all over the map delivering/picking up, just have to do 3 or 4, maybe more if bounty hunted.  Late ones mean spoiled food so I then have to do an additional one.  Magic effect ruining Stamina so no getting out of the armbinder.  Caged between deliveries but able to wait/sleep.

Recruiter in a town:

"Masters, Mistresses, Thanes!  Do you have athletic Housegirls, Housecarls or daughters who need to pay their way?  Step up and find out how they can make lots of coin.  This is NOT enslavement, they will not be whored out.  We will not be harming them"

*ask details*

"...erm, has anyone ever volunteered for this?"

"Not so far but there is money in it, the winner gets 1,000 gold.  Did you actually want to compete?"; or

"Eli over there's the only one, she's the best racer ever.  Been doing it for ages, I think it's 3 years since she's worn any clothes, probably be able to retire and buy a big house soon.  Do you really want to join her?"

Evil Bastard!

In the best possible way, of course.

Silly question....

Is the Slavetown mod still being worked on...

If not that would make a great place to store the losers of the race until the next event, maybe even tweak it up and add some training in for in between events...

And those senario's.... Damn.... you only get 20k for killing the emperor in the "Black Brotherhood" run so a 50K bounty is gonna be for some serious murder'n...

So maybe you committed a crime of wiping out a small village somewhere outside of Skyrim.... which might possilby be why you are in skyrim to begin with...

And some Asshole from that area shows up with a bounty on your head and your choice it to work it off (or kill the SOB).... hmm

Ya ever thought it was a fairly stupid idea to try and blackmail someone who single handedly wiped out an entire village???

Just say'n...

The whole gullible "wanna run a race, it pays 1000 gold to the winner, and it's not slavery"....

Yeah, there are suckers born every minute.... kinda like the idiot that goes to Hollywood to become a singer, or actor that gets shafted as they step off the bus by the asshole who turns out to be a pimp or some shit (it's great for TV though).

Have that senario play out to where if you loose your in dept to the sponsor, and if you win you're sot after by one of the other sponsor's who lost out cause you beat the predetermined winner (they thought it was rigged and you screwed them)....

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation :s

Then there is the "We recorded on a dwemer device your last run and if you don't participate in the next one..."

Then they give you a date and time to show up to the next race.

Once you show up to the location you'll be bound and prep'd (nothing like being gang bang'd and painted) and then the race is on..

That's the "Fuck I thought I was through with this shit" senario...

Hmmm this could turn into something a hell of alot more then just a Death Alternative....

you only get 20k for killing the emperor in the "Black Brotherhood" run so a 50K bounty is gonna be for some serious murder'n...

Really?  Is it possible not to get caught or rumbled after the event?  I don't remember a bounty and apart from 4 or so Penistus Oculatwats no-one came after me, and they all died in a corridor with no witnesses and definitely un-fucking-mourned.  The most difficult one in that whole guild thing was the woman at her wedding, and I got away from that by doing it really long range, unsighted, relying on the parabolic arrow path.  Maybe I'm just too sneaky.

Might change my character name to Corva Attano

*vanishes into shadows you didn't even see were there*

Not a bounty... You only get PAID 20,000 gold for killing the Emperor in the Dark Brotherhood Quest (and you spend like 35k fix'n up the Dawnstar pad so you end up loosing money).

Then again if you leave the guy that pay's you alive at the end of said quest he could black mail you into doing races or he could just drop a 50k bounty on your head (IE ratting you out for killing the emperor)... So it could work

That is unless you did the emperor's favor (if you talk to the emperor before you kill him he asks you to kill the individual that put out the contract on him). But you don't get paid for killing the contractor all you get are couple of diamonds off the guys corpse (and if you don't sneak kill him then you get the regular 1k bounty for killing someone in whiterun).

Yeah the Dark Brotherhood ending was kinda lame... you end up having to move to some other shithole and have to spend all your earning fixing the damn place up....

Okay enough off subject stuff....

How about setting the race with a "Best 2 out of 3" scenario and the winner of each race get's a blind fold and slave heals for the next race (making it harder to win 2 races in a row)...

Not a bounty... You only get PAID 20,000 gold for killing the Emperor in the Dark Brotherhood Quest (and you spend like 35k fix'n up the Dawnstar pad so you end up loosing money).

Then again if you leave the guy that pay's you alive at the end of said quest he could black mail you into doing races or he could just drop a 50k bounty on your head (IE ratting you out for killing the emperor)... So it could work

That is unless you did the emperor's favor (if you talk to the emperor before you kill him he asks you to kill the individual that put out the contract on him). But you don't get paid for killing the contractor all you get are couple of diamonds off the guys corpse (and if you don't sneak kill him then you get the regular 1k bounty for killing someone in whiterun).

Yeah the Dark Brotherhood ending was kinda lame... you end up having to move to some other shithole and have to spend all your earning fixing the damn place up....

Okay enough off subject stuff....

How about setting the race with a "Best 2 out of 3" scenario and the winner of each race get's a blind fold and slave heals for the next race (making it harder to win 2 races in a row)...

Obviously forgotten loads of that quest.  Fairly sure I just killed everyone so probably didn't get the 20k.

The slave heels are an important consideration that hadn't been mentioned before.  They could play an important part, they don't seem to be a standard part of DD though as I can never get them to lock on others through normal inventory swapping and they don't come up in DDinteraction menu.  Would mean another script, unless I've missed a DD update.  Don't need Slavetown for between-race storage, QAYL_Warehouse just needs walls and an in-world door with guards.

So blackmail (maybe), physical coercion and desire.  Do their need to be more motivations for racing or just more mechanisms?  Need to wait and see what Doc has to say.

Sleeping on it.

For alternative ways to trigger the races, I've always felt that all those stone thrones in ruins around Skyrim should trigger something if someone haphazardly sits on them...

Lol... I've steath killed a couple of drauger tossed there corpse's to the side and sat down in the throwns with that... "My Seat now Bitch" attitude....

Damn it that wouldn't be an end all but yeah... that's one hell of a gotcha.

Yeah the slave heals are there own separate mod and depend on HDT heels as well so that would end up making 2 more dependencies... just for one shoe.

Interesting ideas. I have to go to work, but a couple of quickies:

Storage between races is going to happen. If you blow a race but don't piss your trainer off too badly you'll get kept for the next one. I want to think about what happens in that case. Slavetown is a possibility from that point of view. There's no way to get out and there are things to keep a naked slave busy while she waits.

Heels: I want to have a go at converting a set of more normal looking heels to use DD and the slave heel script. I'd quite happily put all the contestants in plain white lockable high heels, at least for some of runs. For some reason though the zaria slaveheels never did it for me. I admire the design and the modelling, but they don't hit the "high heel" trigger in my brain for some reason. Which isn't to say I won't use them of course.

Definitely like the idea of handicap races :D

I agree about the thrones as well. Though I'd be more likely to first re-purpose some of the empty cages dotted around the landscape.

OK, got to dash. Later all :)

[edit]

Thinking in the shower: the problem with using the warehouse (or most other closed interior cells) is player boredom. I'd go mad if i had to spend a week of game time standing around in the cattle pen. I suppose a jail style bed to give the option to "serving your time" would work. Maybe with some prison overhaul style scenes to break it up. Hmm...

I'd love to do a captured dreams crossover. Either with Master sending the PC to run a race or two as training, or with qayl dropping her off at e CD shop and leaving her in M.'s care.

It'll need some discussion though, and that probably needs to wait both until veladarius is feeling better and until my side of things is a bit more developed. Still, it's something I'd like to do.

It'd also be fun to give her to one of the slaver groups in Hydra's slavegirls mod and have them transport her to the next location. "You heading towards Markarth? Fancy dropping this one off at the stables there? No money in it, but you can take it out of her in trade with my blessing..."

Could do. A lot of it will be story manager driven I expect, so if I document the quests and triggers that would allow 3rd party quests to enter the PC in a race.

New start and end points will be harder unless I work out an easy way to teleport structures to arbitrary locations.

Did you have anything particular in mind?

Nothing very specific, I've been thinking for some time now about a mod that would immersively start other mods by using what I call "story hooks".

For example - for slavery related mods:

1) In each city there would be "slave hunters" that would capture PC if the player has visible DD gear. Then different slavery type mods can be started - they could sell PC to race tracks for example

2) If PC is taken to prison (due to a bounty) and has collar on, would be returned to original owner (can be SD+ owner, or Master from CD).

3) Random chance of kidnapping on sleep - wake up being sold to slaver camp and then some other mod starts. Perhaps in this scenario some slave processing/training might happen before other mod starts

Probably some other story hooks can be thought of, only started planning this.

-- Your mod has inspired me to finally start actually doing someting, and not just think about it :P

Couple of other ideas on getting entered into races

1. Losing at gambling, or perhaps winning big against the wrong person. This would require some sort of gambling mod, though I suppose you could shortcut around that by having some dialogue to sit down and start a game. Then have a popup describing the outcome of the night of gambling. Perhaps the hosts keep the drinks flowing so the PC is in no condition to resist when things turn dark.
  2. Drunken debauchery. Like the above, but no gambling. NPCs invite the PC to celebrate with them, they are celebrating their fortune in being invited to enter a racer in an exclusive race. Further into the party they admit they still need to secure the racer, but they have a good candidate in mind. Finally the PC blacks out and wakes up finding that she is the "lucky" racer.
  3. Save the girl. A concerned NPC asks for help from the PC to save their daughter or lover. It may be unclear at first what trouble the girl is in, but once the PC gets to the bottom of things the best option may be for the PC to agree to take the place of the girl for the race. If the PC tries for a more violent solution, first the girl isn't being kept anywhere near the NPC who presents the offer to the PC, and it would be a good excuse to send thugs after the PC and then hold her for multiple races.
  4. Trapped. A cage somewhere with an interesting looking chest is actually rigged to lock when someone tries opening the chest. Then someone comes buy and offers to free the PC if they agree to race in their race.

One problem in these sorts of scenarios is most of them don't work well with followers. May want to disable them if the PC has any followers active, but checking for that may be tricky given the various follower mods available.

-- Your mod has inspired me to finally start actually doing someting, and not just think about it :P

Well, best of luck with it. Feel free to ask questions if you think I can help :)

• Losing at gambling, or perhaps winning big against the wrong person. This would require some sort of gambling mod, though I suppose you could shortcut around that by having some dialogue to sit down and start a game. Then have a popup describing the outcome of the night of gambling. Perhaps the hosts keep the drinks flowing so the PC is in no condition to resist when things turn dark.
  • Drunken debauchery. Like the above, but no gambling. NPCs invite the PC to celebrate with them, they are celebrating their fortune in being invited to enter a racer in an exclusive race. Further into the party they admit they still need to secure the racer, but they have a good candidate in mind. Finally the PC blacks out and wakes up finding that she is the "lucky" racer.
Sounds good. I'm not planning on any gambling at the moment, but I'd go for a non-Sam-Guevenne drinking contest or two, with possible passing out due to over-indulgence and/or spiked drinks. I've thought a few times that a sinister version of the three drunken revelers would be fun.

• Save the girl. A concerned NPC asks for help from the PC to save their daughter or lover. It may be unclear at first what trouble the girl is in, but once the PC gets to the bottom of things the best option may be for the PC to agree to take the place of the girl for the race. If the PC tries for a more violent solution, first the girl isn't being kept anywhere near the NPC who presents the offer to the PC, and it would be a good excuse to send thugs after the PC and then hold her for multiple races.
The old "sacrifice yourself to save an innocent" play, eh? Definitely possible ;)

• Trapped. A cage somewhere with an interesting looking chest is actually rigged to lock when someone tries opening the chest. Then someone comes buy and offers to free the PC if they agree to race in their race.
I think I can safely say that one is on the to-do list ;)

One problem in these sorts of scenarios is most of them don't work well with followers. May want to disable them if the PC has any followers active, but checking for that may be tricky given the various follower mods available.

A good point. I have plans (currently unimplemented) for lydia/serana/whoever for the DA based quests, but I'll need to give some thought to the others. Actually, I need to look at those plans pretty soon.

Update on progress: I think I have the quest linkage and the imagespace problems sorted out. The main thing that leaves is player possessions (which is a biggie!) and maybe some tattoo texture tweaking. It's going well (knocks on wood).

Alpha for v0.2.0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khaip83tzi0bb2/qayl_0_2_0.7z

• Death Alternative integration should be working now.
  • Cut scene between getting defeated and the race starting.
  • Tattoos (if you have slavetats installed)
  • Probably lots of bugs
  • Same old run from Morrowind gate to Pale Pass

It's a little rocky, so expect bugs.

Best way to test it is to disable all the bleedout level mods and all the blackout ones apart from QAYL. And I find it helps setting DA to hardcore and the game diff to legendary. Mind, that's just for testing so I can get my toon killed with a minimum of fuss.

I look forward to seeing what people think :)

I am really interested in this, I don't have any death alternative mods yet because this one didn't exist before. Does this one works on it's own, or do I need Submit/Defeat or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45894/? (DAYMOYL)

I think that's the one you need; it's mostly referred to as DA or Death Alternative. At least, it's the only death alternative type mod that I know of which allows for the integration of other mods (SD+, this one) as different things to happen when you die.

That's the one. I just updated the download page with the full dependency list. Basically, sexlab, zaz, devious devices (assets and integration) DAYMOYL and (if you want to get tattooed against your will) slavetats.

The full title of Death Alternative is "Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life". Which is a lot to type, so it gets shortened to DAYMOYL, DA etc

That's the one. I just updated the download page with the full dependency list. Basically, sexlab, zaz, devious devices (assets and integration) DAYMOYL and (if you want to get tattooed against your will) slavetats. The full title of Death Alternative is "Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life". Which is a lot to type, so it gets shortened to DAYMOYL, DA etc

Are there any specific settings to set in DAYMOYL? Also, If you die while on the mission in the Thalmor Embassy for example, wouldn't this screw up the game? (pardon my French)