@SonKevin:

Just out of curiosity, does QAYL show up in your DA MCM menu? There may be a pattern here...

Yes, it does. I tried disabling all of the other ones in the menu and set QAYL to 99. Basically whenever QAYL activates (at least I assume it's that) it takes me to the blackout screen and the inability to do anything. Like I said, if I coc to other places it takes me to a random area where it sounds and looks like in invisible water and the body is all stretched out.

@DrDeaf:

That's where it ought to be all right. And as you say, there it isn't.

Oh well, at least we know why it's not starting.

Is there a qayl.seq file in the data/seq folder?

What prints if you open the console and type

sqv qayl_da
Basically, I'm interested in if it's running or not. If not, try starting it

startquest qayl_da
And see if it appears in the DA menu.

@SonKevin:

Just out of curiosity, does QAYL show up in your DA MCM menu? There may be a pattern here...

Got it working. The files I downloaded were missing the qayl.seq. I fixed it by using the drop box download you posted on page 8.

Maybe not something you can work with, but how about you keep most of the structure there, or build it into some kind of ruin or similar thing (I'm assuming similar to the structures with the cages in the test zone?) to make it blend with the landscape.

Then when the quest start you enable only cages or other bondage/kink related things? Navmesh could work well with that anyway. Of course, it'd be a permanent alteration to Skyrim landscape, but that's fine, I think ...

That would work, but there a few places I'm thinking of putting these things where they just wouldn't work as permanent fixtures. One thing to do might be to lose the ramp entirely and have a local teleportal that moved the runners from the ground onto the platform. Or I could use an activator primitive that did the same thing when an NPC reached the bottom of the ramp and hope the blink as they jump a couple of feet isn't too jarring.

Worst case, I can always stick the start and end points in my own cells and just create portals in Tamriel. The advantge of that is that I can make some really interesting settings. And I can always add some caged finish lines to the world for later quests.

Of course, before that i need to get the hook for the next race sorted out :)

True.... I really liked the concept of cages in the open world.

You could also have the race go from A->B->A. With A being the warehouse, and B being some other point where player picks something up (blindfold, something heavy, etc), then races back to regain freedom.

Hmmm... ABA has the desirable effect of doubling the longest possible route :)

Unless of course I decide to run one in stages and mount a tour of all the stormcloak camps in Skyrim, or something. That could get very long, depending on the order visited ...

I like the idea of permenant cages because it offers another way for your quest to start. Some curious explorer happens upon them and investigates, but the moment they step inside, the door slams shut. :)

QAYL shows up in DA for me and I tried it with all other blackout options on and off. I'm sure there are just loose errors floating around, even though I started a new game to test this. It is Skyrim, after all. I'm taking a deep breath in preperation to do yet another uninstall-and-reinstall-all-mods. Sigh.

I'm definitely not giving up on having loose cages as player traps. Just backing away a little from having large platforms with four-cage complex structures on top which would appear and disappear at various locations around Skyrim.

I think I'm going to need a non-da hook in any case. I've had it glitch on me exactly once since I started making QAYL, but it does seem temperamental on occasion.

You mean like the "Storm Blown" handicap relay. Visit each of the Stormcloak camps in turn and give blowjobs to the rebel soldiers. The later you are in getting there, the more cocks have to be sucked before you find out which camp is next. The handicap is that you add an arbitrary number of blowjobs to players you want to slow down :)

Not that I've been thinking along the same lines or anything ;)

Hmm...don't know how tricky this would be to do...

But it would be amusing if the 'checks' to make sure people had been to a camp were being cum-blasted.  Like, the decals from Sexlab still there.  Could have people cheating and just sucking off the closest person to the route without running to the camp, hah.

I figure there'll be an adjudicator at the camp to keep score. "Done another one? *consults clipboard* Very good, I can tell you've had a lot of practice at this..." Or "... and did you take his seed into your mouth? Open up and let me see. Wider. What? You swallowed it? Well I can't let you progress without evidence. You'll just have to go back and suck another one!"

What might happen is you get horny soldiers trying to bargain for a better deal. "If you fuck me first, I'll let you clean me with your mouth" or "only if my friend can have your ass while you're sucking me"

That said, it would be nice to have some scope for cheating :)

Hey,

After blackout I'm teleported to some QAYL Dark Cell, can see a candle and someone walking back and forth. Cant move, cant see anything else. Papyrus log flooded with the following message every 1,5 second:

QAYL: Bondage control starting helper: [QAYL_QF_QAYL_Warehouse_Helper_0700E2FB <QAYL_Warehouse_Helper (8A00E2FB)>]

Full log included.

OK. The log spam is OK. That's a quest busy adding DD gear to 20 or so girls in a warehouse cell. I tried adding the stuff to their inventories, but the animations don't seem to apply as well as they should if I do that. The idea is that by the time the player needs opponents to race against, they'll all be outfitted correctly. I can probably safely increase the time between events though.

In fact, I might just rethink the whole thing. It should be possible to equip three girls in the time it takes the PC to get ready and still stagger them enough to avoid the stack overflows I've been seeing.

As for the Dark Cell, that's according to plan, too. The idea is to move the PC into a dark place before DA's blackout screen times out so I can create the impression of a slow recuperation after nearly dying. What's not happening is that the scene that should explain some of this isn't firing. So the lights never come up, the actors never get enabled and worst of all, the quest that runs the actual race never starts.

That scene seems to have got a lot more temperamental since I started outfitting slavegirls in the background, so I think I'll stop doing that. I'm also working on some changes that should make the whole thing a lot more robust. Check back next release is your best bet, I think. Sorry about that.

You need to wait for somewhere between 7 and 24 hours, and you need to go to sleep at the end. If you do the quest will advance and something will change. No one will come to let you out, but you will be able to open the gate.

(that said - there's not a lot more at the moment...)

You need to wait for somewhere between 7 and 24 hours, and you need to go to sleep at the end. If you do the quest will advance and something will change. No one will come to let you out, but you will be able to open the gate.

(that said - there's not a lot more at the moment...)

Ah yes I see. I got another letter and a key. Now I just need to get rid of these bonds.. :P

But in any case. Great mod so far, looking forward to more :)

I like the Tattoo as well, did you make it yourself?

Yeah, I did :) Thanks

Which one did you get? There's a number of them, randomly assigned.

There are more? Neat :D

I had this one: 

l3a0Bax.jpg

A few questions though. 

They do not seem to appear in the Slavetats menu, is there a way to make them appear?

Can you tell me how to make my own tattoos, I'd love to try and make some (if it's not too difficult). 

mmm... that's a sight to inspire anyone to take up athletics :D

Making Tattoos: Not difficult, but there are a few steps involved. I use Inkscape, Gimp and Paint.net for the DDS export.

Basically...

• use inkscape to design the tattoo and export as png. I tend to make each word a separate item, apply a suitable font and colour, and the move and re-size the words until you get a pleasing design. ("pleasing" being relative, obviously :))
  • add a bit of glow with gimp. You can probably skip this if you a particular PC in mind. If you want to use it on lots of skin types though it's worth doing since what looks striking on Nords is often invisible on Redguard.
  • use paint.net to open a copy of femalebody_1_sk.dds from the data folder
  • drop the png tattoo file on top of the skin texture, and choose add as new layer.
  • click the select tool and drag the tattoo layer around until it's positioned right
  • hide the skin texture and save the tattoo later as .dds
And that's your tattoo texture. It's also helpful to load that skin texture on its own at the start, save it as a jpg or png and then import it into inkscape. That lets you get the design sized about right before you export it. Of course, if you have the art skills, you could just make a suitably sized transparent layer and paint directly onto that. I'm not that good however...

Easiest way to apply it is probably to overwrite one of the slavetats files that you don't use. I tested my early experiments out using "fist this bitch", for instance. But murfk and I have been talking and I believe there's going to be added support for user created tats in the near future.

As far as QAYL goes, my tattoo list is currently hard coded, but the plan is to move that to use JContainers. Once that happens you'll be able to add tattoos the list used by qayl just by editing a text file.

Feel free to ask if you need more detail on any of that. I dashed through it all pretty quick

mmm... either the wrong format, wrong size or saved with the wrong flags. I only had that happen once and I'd saved it as a PNG rather than a dds if I remember right. Something like that anyway.

Not sure what to suggest beyond that, really. There's still a lot I don't understand about netimmerse and dds format.

[edit]

If it helps, I'm saving as 1024x1024 and using these settings:

SPoXiKo.png

Someone was saying that there's going to be ponygirl tack forthcoming in DD. If so, there's every chance it'll get used.

I'd settle for a plumed headset & gag and some pony boots :)

(Oh, edited my last post while you were posting, in case you missed it)