mhm no it doesnt, when i startquest it with a new game i teleportet to a black room, theres a light, and im to stupid to find anything ^^

e: ok theres a bed and 3 ppl i cant talk to (ill try stuff out from here on out)

seems like nothing happens, im lying in the bed and the 3 dudes do nothing, 1 sometimes walks but nothing else, when i sleep i can get up, but nothing happens

also nothing when i set the stage to 20 (except that my equipment is now in the chest outside of the room)

heres the papyrus log:

http://pastebin.com/A8RgiVmg

Uh-oh. This is the problem.

[07/22/2014 - 01:22:11PM] QAYL: Bondage helper!
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:11PM] QAYL: Bondage helper binding [Actor < (420044B1)>]
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] VM is freezing...
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] VM is frozen
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] Dumping stack 1633:

... and the thousand or so lines of dumped stack frames that follow. It seems to happen when mutiple girls try and equip DD items at the same time. There's a background script running that's busily getting all the racers ready but it seems to be taking too long to do each girl and so it basically crashes papyrus. All i can say is that it seemed like a good approach at the time.

Leave it with me. I'll have a more robust version out for the weekend.

[edit]

@Walter: could be the same issue. Let me get  the next version out see if it still happens. This one is clearly broken for way too many people.

I've got a question (bug?) - I go to sleep in the cage, and I wake up in Sanguine's realm... is that supposed to happen?

That's probably part of SD+ and nothing to do with this mod

Yep... just uninstalled SD+ and mod works fine. *sigh* I like SD+, and I like QAYL, but... I guess, since QAYL is just one quest (even if it is a devilishly hard quest, nice) I'll take it off instead...

Here's hoping for some update to either mod that makes them compatible.

mhm no it doesnt, when i startquest it with a new game i teleportet to a black room, theres a light, and im to stupid to find anything ^^

e: ok theres a bed and 3 ppl i cant talk to (ill try stuff out from here on out)

seems like nothing happens, im lying in the bed and the 3 dudes do nothing, 1 sometimes walks but nothing else, when i sleep i can get up, but nothing happens

also nothing when i set the stage to 20 (except that my equipment is now in the chest outside of the room)

heres the papyrus log:

http://pastebin.com/A8RgiVmg

Uh-oh. This is the problem.

[07/22/2014 - 01:22:11PM] QAYL: Bondage helper!
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:11PM] QAYL: Bondage helper binding [Actor < (420044B1)>]
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] VM is freezing...
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] VM is frozen
[07/22/2014 - 01:22:20PM] Dumping stack 1633:
... and the thousand or so lines of dumped stack frames that follow. It seems to happen when mutiple girls try and equip DD items at the same time. There's a background script running that's busily getting all the racers ready but it seems to be taking too long to do each girl and so it basically crashes papyrus. All i can say is that it seemed like a good approach at the time.

Leave it with me. I'll have a more robust version out for the weekend.

[edit]

@Walter: could be the same issue. Let me get  the next version out see if it still happens. This one is clearly broken for way too many people.

Stack dumps like that are why I modified my version of Sexlab Submit to not check for public sex, I was always getting stack dumps full of the "cloaking" spell. I think it might happen because a cloaking spell creates a running "Magic Effect" thread for every NPC it hits so you might want to check what the major content of those stack dumps is and focus your effort on whatever effect is indicated. I've since thought that the public sex check might be adjustable to only affect guards but haven't bothered to check that out.

Stack dumps like that are why I modified my version of Sexlab Submit to not check for public sex, I was always getting stack dumps full of the "cloaking" spell. I think it might happen because a cloaking spell creates a running "Magic Effect" thread for every NPC it hits so you might want to check what the major content of those stack dumps is and focus your effort on whatever effect is indicated. I've since thought that the public sex check might be adjustable to only affect guards but haven't bothered to check that out.

Interesting. The first time I saw this I was loading four traps for a test race. There was no cloak spell involved, but I did have a quest filling four aliases by cell and keyword. So from the 20 or so girls in the cattle pen, it picked four at random and then in the first stage of the quest called ManipulateItem four times on each of them.

So it's possible that the quest's random alias fill is doing something similar to the cloak spell. I'm going to try skipping mutexes first though and see if that helps. Actually I think first just hack out the bondage helper script and hack in a DA skipping intro and get another version out.

Just a thought: Assuming the cattle pen is hidden somewhere where the player will never see it, would it be simpler to just have all the girls start geared up and ready to go, rather than equipping them at racetime? I suspect that getting all the DD scripts running properly the gear needs to be equipped in game rather than be something they are "born" with.

I also suppose my idea may cause issues if you want to change their equipment in a new release of QAYL, since they would already be saved with the original gear. Perhaps if you can hook onto loading a save game, have a script loop over each racer, and equip/verify each one in turn, perhaps sleeping for 30 seconds or something between checking each racer. That should reduce the load at any one point in time, yet get the racers ready in time for the next race. I don't see someone getting into a race within 10 minutes of starting a new game, unless they created the save specifically to test the mod. If they are loading a save the racers should be loaded with the gear they had when the game saved I imagine. I am assuming the racers are set to not despawn, otherwise why have a cattle pen in the first place?

I suspect that getting all the DD scripts running properly the gear needs to be equipped in game rather than be something they are "born" with.

That's more or less what I found when I tried it. The items equipped ok, but testers reported that the girls weren't always using the armbinder anims. i guess nothing worth doing comes without a learning curve :)

Perhaps if you can hook onto loading a save game, have a script loop over each racer, and equip/verify each one in turn, perhaps sleeping for 30 seconds or something between checking each racer. That should reduce the load at any one point in time, yet get the racers ready in time for the next race.

I've been thinking about it and there should be easily enough set-up time to get them all kitted out when the quest starts. I just need to avoid that stack overflow :)

I am assuming the racers are set to not despawn, otherwise why have a cattle pen in the first place?

Well, there was the minor consideration of having a pen in my laboratory cell with 20 women all naked apart from armbinders and demeaning tattoos... :)

You're absolutely right though. I'd do better to keep a formlist of 20 base actors and just spawn three of them for each race.

Got the next version just about ready to go. It's a non-DA version, and the initial hook has a big big conversation tree in it. Which I'm busy testing else I'd have released it this morning.

Also no background DD equipping script, so there shouldn't be any stack frame crashes. Probably. I need to test what happens if a player is already wearing DD items now...

Anyway, stay tuned. It's going to be alpha, but it should at least be soon :)

(Also, I really, really need to stop writing these huge dialogue trees. Fun though they are, they're a royal pain to test and debug...)

Cheers for that! :) It's always good to hear when something works as intended for someone. The cutscene is going to drop out temporarily for the next release until I get sort out DD equip script that's been breaking the scene for so many people. Then I'll add DA back in.

Also: I just added a poll to find out how people would prefer their character to end up forced to join in the racing. I'll almost certainly implment more than one, and probably most of them to some extent. I'd like to know which options people would like to see most, however.

Sure. It's probably going to do all of them to some extent or another.

I just can't do all of them at the same time, so I'm wondering which ones to do first.

FWIW the first two are almost certainly going to be DA and consent, cause they're both pretty much in there already.

I voted for night time abduction because that seems most realistic. I like the traps idea too, but if this was a real world, how many women would really be running around crypts and caves?

After you implement all of them, perhaps you could make each option toggleable.

I chose other mods. I can think of two right off the bat that would work well. Captured Dreams and Slaverun both have Masters who may demand you participate in the race.

To avoid too many complications, winning and losing are irrelevant to them. Proving yourself as an obedient slave is the point. After all a wise person once wrote;

A slave is a slave, because they are a slave they deserve to be a slave.

I also like the abduction idea and well, I kind of like them all.

I voted for traps and encounters, but I'd be fine with night time abductions too (also seems easier to do). 

And non DA yay :D

I never really liked DA, I only use it because SD+ now requires it. But DA has always been very unstable for me (even on a fresh install and new save). Every time you 'die' it's a painfull 30 seconds of 'Will it work this time?' 

By consent seems really strange to me. Wanna be a ponygirl slave and run naked around Skyrim in bondage gear with degrading tattoos? Oh my I'm definitely up for that! XD

The "other mods" option is always worth consideration, but it is also likely to be the most distant of all the options, since the mods I would most like to see tied into this are still under development themselves. But anyway it seems that some of the dominant followers from APPS as well as the masters from SlaveTown ought to be able to enter you in a race (and perhaps even serve as your trainers) eventually and if the ponyplay mod were to make serious headway we could, of course, have more varied races with riders on your back or the character pulling some sort of cart or chariot.

For now I'd say just do different consent options, like making a drunken bet or dare or simply being enticed by a sizable (monetary) reward.

To avoid too many complications, winning and losing are irrelevant to them. Proving yourself as an obedient slave is the point.

The way it'll probably work is the player's owner lends her to the race team. Or rents her out, or does some deal about splitting any winnings. So you'll belong to QAYL for the duration and be returned afterward.

After all a wise person once wrote;

A slave is a slave, because they are a slave they deserve to be a slave.

I have no idea who might have said that ;) 

I voted for traps and encounters, but I'd be fine with night time abductions too (also seems easier to do).

Yeah. It'll probably be the next one, realistically. The traps and encounters one is nice, but each bit needs to be pretty much hand crafted which is going limit how often I can use it.

I never really liked DA, I only use it because SD+ now requires it. But DA has always been very unstable for me (even on a fresh install and new save). Every time you 'die' it's a painfull 30 seconds of 'Will it work this time?' 

mmm ... I know what you mean. Like a lot of modders, I find it works reliably in my tests. But in play it does seem a little glitch-prone. Pity really since it's absolutely the right solution to the battlefield-capture problem: have one mod take responsibility and register a quest to be called.

By consent seems really strange to me. Wanna be a ponygirl slave and run naked around Skyrim in bondage gear with degrading tattoos? Oh my I'm definitely up for that! XD

Well, there's a few things around that.

Firstly, no one is going to force you to turn up. Of course, the time after that won't be voluntary, and then there may be consequences, but I'd not expect many people to meekly obey. 

I'll also slap some RP around the thing. Quite possibly add only offer the option to girls who get on with their captors (Stockholm Syndrome for the win!). I mean in a sense it's win-win: they don't have to feed you for a week, and you get to do stuff other than look at the inside of a cage :)

As much as anything though, I had the folks who enjoy submitting to Master in CD. I figure anyone who makes sure they turn up on time for a bondage demo are ... are probably going to get something out of this, too :)

For now I'd say just do different consent options, like making a drunken bet or dare or simply being enticed by a sizable (monetary) reward.

Reminds me - I need to get stated on that dialogue testing...  

AhHHHH YESSSS!!!!!!! :D more debotchery !!!!!!! :)

:)

my vote is, why not all of them :D

Added "All of the above" to the poll options :)

And non DA yay :D

Traps and abductions sounds good.  Another non-DA yay here too.  I've read the DA instructions and still don't know if it simply doesn't work or I have sliders and options in the wrong place, it did work twice and QAYL kicked in and worked correctly but hasn't worked since then so I'm left waiting...is this loading my last savegame or going into QAYL... savegame, again!  Can't wait to remove it if there will be non-DA hooks in for QAYL.  Lack of SD+ will be annoying but less annoying than something I can't get to work or that seems to have stopped working without me changing anything.

Consent is a perfectly good reason :ph34r: Would be extra fun if random NPCs you encounter knew this too and let you know what they think of you.